• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Went to Sky88 road show at Raffles Convention.
Tower B (facing New York Hotel and tower C) fully booked.
Tower C, seems like only selected floors (18,19, 37, 41, 47...) released. The rest marked bhumi (entire floors).
Very suspicious...

Anyway, was told only left a few units facing Spore available. Price from RM 960 to RM 1200 psf.

[QqUOTE=sillysinky;1190806]it's prelaunch so floor plan is not finalised. price is subject to revision of floor plan.[/QUOTE]

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Just wanted to update everyone on Setia Sky 88. They are holding a Pre launch until Sunday at the Raffles City Convention center, Singapore.

I stopped by today at around 4.30 and the place was packed with people. They are currently taking a Pre booking with RM 10k down. S&P agreement will be signed in October. RM 9k will be refunded in case someone does not sign.

They have launched Tower B and C. Tower A will be launched later. The International units in Tower B are fully booked. Tower C, they have booked 40 International units. All very high floor units with Singapore view in Tower C are booked. Also, Tower C has better finishings (Marble) and also has unblocked views of Singapore side on the higher floors.

Initial package - the are giving. 12 or 15% discount (don't remember) to keep the down payment low. Also, included are freebies like Stamp Duty, legal fee. However the pricing for Tower C is unbelievably high. If I remember correctly, the top floor Singapore facing units went as high as RM 1200 psf, AFTER discount.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal

I stopped by today at around 4.30 and the place was packed with people. They are currently taking a Pre booking with RM 10k down. S&P agreement will be signed in October. RM 9k will be refunded in case someone does not sign.

Malaysian Developer are not allow to take any deposit money, the law requires that the S&P be signed and 10% paid to developer straightaway if you want to buy direct from developer. Many developer try to circumvent it by taking booking with a fee, and if the purchaser back out, they do not have the right to forfeit any sum but to return in full. So if you are just making a booking, don't have to worry if you want to back out. Complain to the National Housing Department if the do not refund in full.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is it true? Then why Mahabuilder is refusing to give me back my 2% deposit? Foreigner is it 20% for 2nd or 3rd prop in order to consider S&P signed?

Malaysian Developer are not allow to take any deposit money, the law requires that the S&P be signed and 10% paid to developer straightaway if you want to buy direct from developer. Many developer try to circumvent it by taking booking with a fee, and if the purchaser back out, they do not have the right to forfeit any sum but to return in full. So if you are just making a booking, don't have to worry if you want to back out. Complain to the National Housing Department if the do not refund in full.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is it true? Then why Mahabuilder is refusing to give me back my 2% deposit? Foreigner is it 20% for 2nd or 3rd prop in order to consider S&P signed?

http://ehome.kpkt.gov.my/en/main.php?Content=vertsections&SubVertSectionID=105&VertSectionID=17&CurLocation=16&IID=&Page=1

See the section on First Payment and Warning.
Malaysian lawyer can confirm this. But if you signed the SPA or S&P, then you have no recourse.

erictan26

Alfrescian
Loyal

for paraxxx buyer, just pray hard there wont be any economic downturn in this few years........the boss is "chow ka" in business. i still remember when i was work in bank 10 years ago, he lose out a lot of fund in stock market and at the end still have 8 millions plus of outstanding which he just do not wish to settle off ( although he still do have some cash/asset in hand).
For his hotel, suppose to open 10years back,he has in actual employ quite a number of other hotel's staff and just stop the hotel project in sudden which left all those hotel's staff lost of job in sudden ( especially most of them has resign from other hotel and join this new hotel).
Another case shall be he has team up with someone in church to grab a church's land at low cost and sell it at sky rocket price to foreigner, this where current landmark building.
So, if there will be any hard ship in his project, please do not hope that he will fork out his personal fund/asset to rescue/continue the project.........

zoros

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Erictan26, thanks for informing on the below-mentioned project. I juz wonder do you also know the background of twin galaxy's boss then? I am a buyer of twin galaxy. Thanks!

for paraxxx buyer, just pray hard there wont be any economic downturn in this few years........the boss is "chow ka" in business. i still remember when i was work in bank 10 years ago, he lose out a lot of fund in stock market and at the end still have 8 millions plus of outstanding which he just do not wish to settle off ( although he still do have some cash/asset in hand).
For his hotel, suppose to open 10years back,he has in actual employ quite a number of other hotel's staff and just stop the hotel project in sudden which left all those hotel's staff lost of job in sudden ( especially most of them has resign from other hotel and join this new hotel).
Another case shall be he has team up with someone in church to grab a church's land at low cost and sell it at sky rocket price to foreigner, this where current landmark building.
So, if there will be any hard ship in his project, please do not hope that he will fork out his personal fund/asset to rescue/continue the project.........

wwe007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Erictan26, thanks for informing on the below-mentioned project. I juz wonder do you also know the background of twin galaxy's boss then? I am a buyer of twin galaxy. Thanks!

OH my , you just brought twin galaxy ?? cool cool .... do you mind sharing more information on twin galaxy ? i very interested , going down this monday but not sure izzit fully book or not ??

thanks ya ,,, hehehehsss

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have been a victim of bad developer that has gone bankrupt in my early days. But this didnt stop me from purchasing properties. I have to say, I will only be dealing with BIG and reputable developers only, no matter how tempting the property may be presented. Be extremely careful especially during this period of credit tightening because there might be developers who are over-committed (off course unscrupulous as well).

Be prudent, check out the developer and dont let your emotion mis-lead you.....

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

The main risk of JB or any Malaysia property is over supply and MRT to SG not happening or delaying. haha

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Report soon on new link between Johor and Singapore

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=%2F2012%2F9%2F2%2Fnation%2F11956144&sec=nation

SINGAPORE: Consultants will be tabling a comprehensive report in the coming months on whether it is viable to build a bridge or an underground tunnel linking the republic and Malaysia.

This follows an announcement by Singapore that its Thomson mass rapid transit (MRT) line would be opened in stages from 2019.

The 30km line will run through the north-south corridor of the island republic, starting in Woodlands, the area closest to Johor Baru via the Causeway, and passing through industrial, residential and shopping districts before ending at Marina Bay. The whole S$18bil (RM44bil) line will be completely underground and is expected to serve 400,000 commuters daily.

“Now that Singapore has announced its Thomson line would be opened in stages, it shows both sides are doing something,” said Malaysian High Commissioner to Singapore Datuk Md Hussin Nayan, when met at the commission's Merdeka event on Friday.

Present were the republic's Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew and two MPs.

On another issue, Md Hussin said the Johor Premium Outlet (JPO) and the soon-to-be-open Legoland Malaysia were creating a lot of buzz for tourism in Iskandar Malaysia.

Md Hussin said over RM100bil was expected to pour into Iskandar Malaysia by the end of the year and agencies such as the Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) have to ensure things are efficient, safe and clean for visitors.

Md Hussin added that Malaysia and Singapore were also undertaking commercially viable projects in Iskandar Malaysia and several parcels of land in Marina South and the Ophir-Rochor area in the republic.

So, train to JB from SG is in 2019? 2020? or ??

zoros

Alfrescian
Loyal

few things u can look upon:

1) the only high-rise condo so far which has commercial shop lots (planned for leased restaurants only). I considered as a plus factor as it helps to draw in a wider audience of buyers.
2) the nearest to customs for those condos along jalan tebrau announced so far,
3) i would think quality of the project should be pretty good considering e developer comes from manufacturing industry,
4) this project doesn't have the daze and beaming stars like Sky88 but it is cheaper and also nearer to jalan tebrau.

If they release the 2nd tower, u should be able to get those facing S'pore view which is totally unblocked.

OH my , you just brought twin galaxy ?? cool cool .... do you mind sharing more information on twin galaxy ? i very interested , going down this monday but not sure izzit fully book or not ??

thanks ya ,,, hehehehsss

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have same concern.....however after
looking at the risk,rwd n the big picture + wrost
Case scenario.
My conclusion is to jv with the best.

my 2 cents.

Sorry, I don't get what u mean JV with the best..
Means, u JV with someone who knows property well to buy a property? or u mean buy property from developer (or JV) with good reputation?

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

any one has experience with KL and penang properties ?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysian properties continue to shine

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2012/9/5765/Malaysian%20properties%20continue%20to%20shine

Amidst the global economic crisis, property investments being pumped into Malaysia as well as Malaysian investments in other countries are expected to significantly increase this year, according to a report by The Star.

Steven Cheah, Managing Director at Property Talk International Sdn Bhd, said foreign demand for Malaysian properties increased substantially in 2012 compared to the past three years, thanks to Singapore's 10 percent additional buyers' stamp duty (ABSD).

"The other reason is that Kuala Lumpur still remain as one of the few South-East Asian cities with attractive property prices. Compared to Jakarta, the price for a prime residential in Kuala Lumpur is about 15 percent lower."

He also noted that buyers from China and Indonesia are attracted to properties in Kuala Lumpur and Iskandar Malaysia, with Indonesians preferring Iskandar due to its proximity to Singapore."

"Over the past three months, we have sold over RM25 million worth of properties, comprising 35 residential homes located in Kuala Lumpur and Iskandar, Johor Bahru."

"We expect to sell another RM30 million worth of properties, comprising 30 to 40 homes, from Iskandar, Kuala Lumpur, and Penang," added Cheah.

Meanwhile, more Malaysians are expected to invest in Australia due to Maybank's low interest rates ranging between four percent and five percent per annum, which is lower than the 5.7 percent to six percent interest rate offered by other Australian lenders.

"This is why we can expect more Malaysians to take up the loan to invest in Melbourne, Australia this year," said Cheah, adding that the Maybank loan is for Melbourne only.

Fanamation

Sorry, I don't get what u mean JV with the best..
Means, u JV with someone who knows property well to buy a property? or u mean buy property from developer (or JV) with good reputation?

Ya, JV with best developer.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

ATT00001.gif

mrt ....

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any thoughts and opinions about Casa Almyra? I noticed this place when I use the coastal highway exit out to Bukit indah (on the way to Giant/tesco).
Seldom hear forummers mention about this place. Looks nice leh.