• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

I got 1 at 22, corner unit. SE facing. :smile:

Wah. Good height!... I measured the SE direction in Paragon. If it is built according to the development plan, that particular SE is very good..(not all SE are good.. But most of the SE are ok)

Most condo in malaysia are generally north south facing which are generally good... So one should avoid east west..because it is very hot and generally just because developer want to squeeze more money from their land parcel... So if one want to buy, make sure it is very cheap..

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Wah. Good height!... I measured the SE direction in Paragon. If it is built according to the development plan, that particular SE is very good..(not all SE are good.. But most of the SE are ok)

Is that from Fengshui perspective? :biggrin: I heard the Paragon boss is super into fengshui. So I think he build this paragon behind his castle to boast his own fengshui....
Paragon act as a "mountain" behind and the road and sea in front will be his "Water". This is like behind has mountain, in front has water.

PS: Paragon boss's house is just in front of paragon.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes... Purely fengshui perspective... There are many Chinese developers put fengshui into the development.. So really have to avoid those who anyhow build... I wish Paragon to be successful though I am not vested..

I wish all good development are successful and the whole place will be Wang until 2043!

Is that from Fengshui perspective? :biggrin: I heard the Paragon boss is super into fengshui. So I think he build this paragon behind his castle to boast his own fengshui....
Paragon act as a "mountain" behind and the road and sea in front will be his "Water". This is like behind has mountain, in front has water.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes... Purely fengshui perspective... There are many Chinese developers put fengshui into the development.. So really have to avoid those who anyhow build... I wish Paragon to be successful though I am not vested..

I wish all good development are successful and the whole place will be Wang until 2043!

There will be up and down one lah. The road will be bumpy given the GE around the corner and uncertain world economy, so one must have holding power and balls to sail it through!! 2018 looks bright!

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, do u know if the price and floor plan is finalised? Or it is still prelaunch booking now?.. Thanks.

it's prelaunch so floor plan is not finalised. price is subject to revision of floor plan.

zoros

Alfrescian
Loyal

For Twin Galaxy, this project is also the 1st for this developer. The only thing is that this developer started from manufacturing/trading industries. Bought this TG unit cos I believe that Setia's Sky88 will help to clean up this area eventually considering that it's a M'sian govt-related company. Plus as some others commented that TG is located in a better location thant Sky88, i.e. nearer to Jalan Tebrau and Pelangi Mall/KSL and shops.....

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

There will be up and down one lah. The road will be bumpy given the GE around the corner and uncertain world economy, so one must have holding power and balls to sail it through!! 2018 looks bright!

Maybe more Singaporeans will move by then after disappointment in the GE 2016 results!

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe more Singaporeans will move by then after disappointment in the GE 2016 results!

Maybe after Singapore GE2016, Singapore will be more divided and disappointed supporters from both sides will move over for opposite reasons. haha.

Wilson75

Congrats to your purchase. Caranday selling not really that hot cake, it launched many months ago in fact.
Hi! Currently I am making a choice in within Setia Tropika the Glitz and the new launching in Adda Height of the Grey Stones. Can I have ur precious comment among these 2 cluster house? I am aim for investment . Thanks for ur advise in advance !

Wilson75

Hi! Can I have ur precious comment in comparing between Setia Tropika The Glitz and Adda Height The Grey Stone? I am making the choice within these. Thanks in advance !

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmmm ... E closest shopping mall is plaza pelangi. But I won't say tat is prime shopping. Many tenants have moved out n lost competition 2 ksl ...

With the new condos I would expect an significant upgrade to Plaza Pelangi, would you? It is fairly small so it won't rival KSL at all, but a few nice upscale stores could draw the new rich condo owners :-) There are quite a few very good restaurants within 2 blocks of Plaza Pelangi.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is there a list of when these various condo projects are suppose to be delivered? I understand they might run into delays and the like but it seems kind of crazy to me how little info they put on their web sites. I haven't seen 1 that says when the condo will be ready to move into, almost none have decent pricing info. These are hugely expensive projects to manage it hardly seems like collecting a bit of the most useful info and putting it on the web site is expecting much.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stations for Singapore's sixth MRT line revealed

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/mrt-station-for-thomson-line-revealed.html
newMRT.jpg

Singapore's sixth subway, the Thomson Line (TSL), will have 22 stations running from Woodlands in the north to Marina Bay in the south, government said on Wednesday as it revealed the exact locations of the stops.

In a joint statement, the Land Transport Authority and Urban Redevelopment Authority said the line will include six interchange stations that will link to the four other existing MRT lines in Singapore, as well as the future Downtown Line.

Running parallel to the existing North South Line, TSL will serve commuters living and working along its corridor in Woodlands, Sin Ming, Thomson, Kim Seng and Marina Bay areas that are not served by the existing MRT network.

Residents along the TSL corridor will be able to experience savings in travel time. For example, a Sin Ming resident travelling to Republic Polytechnic will have his journey time reduced by half, from 50 minutes to 25 minutes, the government agencies said.

Construction work for TSL will commence in stages from third quarter of 2013, LTA told Yahoo! Singapore.

The TSL will be completed in three stages, with the first stretch (three stations from Woodlands North to Woodlands South) to be completed in 2019.

The second stretch (six stations from Springleaf to Caldecott) will be completed in 2020 and the final stretch (13 stations from Mount Pleasant to Gardens by the Bay) in 2021.

When fully operational in 2021, the 22 stations on TSL will serve about 400,000 commuters daily.

However, to get the project going, government will need to acquire four full lots, including a post office along Upper Thomson Road and two landed properties along Stevens Road and Robin Close, the agencies said.

Pearls Centre will also be affected by the TSL construction as a TSL tunnel will run under part of the building, they explained.

Also, to optimise land use around the future TSL station at Outram Park, Pearls Centre at Eu Tong Sen Street will be acquired and amalgamated with the adjoining State land for a high-density mixed-use development.

Five other part lots will be acquired but the acquisition will not affect the main building structure, they added.

The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) on Wednesday gazetted the lands affected by acquisition.

Landowners who are directly affected will receive acquisition notices. SLA will also get in touch with them over the course of the next few weeks to assist them with their queries and concerns, said LTA and URA.

Woodlands resident Shirley Tay, 20, said the new line is convenient for those who stay in the north and travels to central Singapore.

"And if we want to go to the area around Marina Barrage or Marina Bay, we don't have to change buses or MRT lines to get there. It's a straight-forward journey," Tay added.

However, some commuters feel that the new MRT line is similar to the North South Line.

Yahoo! Singapore reader Chris Tan said, "[They] should build tracks that connects North East Line (Punggol) to North South Line (Woodlands) to East West Line (Changi Airport). ... This track is almost identical to the North South Line, waste of resources."

So does it means the earliest mrt to JB is 2019 and not 2018?

Last edited:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

By then the homes around Woodlands would wang wang together with the JB condos as it would be super convenient to travel from areas in Woodlands to JB. Only 2 3 stations away. 2018 or early 2019 or with delays going into late 2019, finally can stay in Johor and spend in Sg.

Ho seh liao.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just hope RTS is in operation by 2020... Anytime earlier will be bonus :-) this way, wldnt be disappointed...looking forward to
the decision on the exact location in JB city...

By then the homes around Woodlands would wang wang together with the JB condos as it would be super convenient to travel from areas in Woodlands to JB. Only 2 3 stations away. 2018 or early 2019 or with delays going into late 2019, finally can stay in Johor and spend in Sg.

Ho seh liao.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Putrajaya to take over EDL, as BN mounts defence of Johor
August 30, 2012
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 30 — The federal government will buy out the controversial Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) in Johor Baru from concession holder Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad (MRCB), in what appears to be a move to prevent the proposed toll for the Causeway that would have made it six times as expensive for roundtrips to Singapore and becoming fodder for Pakatan Rakyat (PR) in the Umno bastion.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Tan Sri Nor Mohamed Yakcop said today that details of the takeover will only be discussed later after talks between both parties.

MRCB had proposed a RM9.10 toll in each direction for passenger vehicles using its RM1 billion EDL highway from the Causeway to the immigration post.

However, the Umno-linked company is using an open toll system that charges the full fare at the new Custom, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) checkpoint regardless of where motorists exit or enter the highway — the latest facility for the ambitious Iskandar zone that celebrates its five-year anniversary this weekend.

The rest of the 8.1km stretch leading to the Pandan interchange of the North-South Highway will be free to local motorists.

Local business leaders had express concerns that, with the new CIQ already taking Singaporean tourists away from downturn Johor Baru, the EDL will see them skip the more inland Tebrau area as well.

Taxi drivers also called for an exemption as it would otherwise be unfeasible to ferry passengers across the Causeway.

The EDL opened on April 1 without any toll collection after being delayed from a scheduled first quarter launch.

In a visit to Johor in March, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak had promised a solution to the controversy.

Over 50,000 vehicles cross the bridge daily, mostly Malaysians living in and around the state capital who commute to the island republic to work.

Johor Baru’s economy is also heavily reliant on Singaporeans who cross the Straits of Johor to enjoy cheaper prices there.

Putrajaya set up the Iskandar zone five years ago to turn Johor Baru and its surrounding region into an economic growth area catering to the spillover from Singapore.

Cars and lorries exiting Singapore and heading into Johor now pay RM2.90 and RM5.50 respectively to use the bridge while motorcycles, which make up more than half of traffic across the Causeway, are exempt from the toll.

Singapore’s Straits Times reported in 2008 that rates will be raised every three years of the 30-year concession and will peak at RM14.60 for passenger vehicles and RM29.20 for lorries.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, chances r there. Current anchor tenants include metrojaya n cold storage. Hope to still c them many years down the road later. Profile of condo buyers r also important. more human traffic on weekdays will help incentivize them to upgrade I think.

With the new condos I would expect an significant upgrade to Plaza Pelangi, would you? It is fairly small so it won't rival KSL at all, but a few nice upscale stores could draw the new rich condo owners :-) There are quite a few very good restaurants within 2 blocks of Plaza Pelangi.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is there a list of when these various condo projects are suppose to be delivered?

List of new mid-high rise residential projects proposed/under construction/just completed in JB, a massive 20000+ units will flood the market within next couple of years if most of these are delivered as planned:

1 1Medini Residences - WCT Sdn Bhd
2 1Tebrau Residences - Distinctive Properties Sdn Bhd
3 Austin Regency - Scudai Development Sdn Bhd
4 Austin Suites (aka A-Suites) - Mah Sing Properties Sdn Bhd
5 Azea Residences @ Danga Bay - Azea Property Investment
6 Botanica - Bayou Bay Development Sdn.bhd
7 Carlton Seaview Residences - GoodWill Division Sdn Bhd
8 D'Ambience Residences Service Apartments - IJM Land
9 D'esplanade Residences - KSL Holdings
10 D'Inspire Residence - KSL Holdings Bhd
11 D'Larkin - MB Land (Mahabuilders)
12 D'Rich - IJM Land
13 EastBay Luxury Apartment - Gigantic Project Sdn Bhd
14 Encorp Marina Puteri Harbour condominium - Encorp Bhd
15 Fairway Suites - Horizon Hills Development Sdn Bhd
16 Golden Sands Seaview Residence Suites - Grand Action Sdn Bhd
17 Greenfield Regency - Alpha Astral Sdn Bhd
18 Horizon Residence - MB Land (Mahabuilders)
19 Idaman Residence - UEM Land
20 Imperia Condominium, Puteri Habour - UEM Land
21 Impiana Condominium, East Ledang - UEM Land
22 Iskandar Residences, Medini - Distinctive Properties Sdn Bhd
23 Jentayu Residence Service Apartment - Achwell Property Sdn Bhd
24 Kempas Utama Serviced Residence - IOI Group
25 Larkin Heights - MB Land (Mahabuilders)
26 Larkin Residence - Niche Properties Sdn Bhd / Kelana Erat Sdn Bhd
27 M’Tiara Apartments - MB Land (Mahabuilders)
28 Manhattan SOVO suites - Austin Heights
29 Marina View - Capital Extension Land Sdn Bhd
30 Molek Pine (Tower 3 & 4) - Berinda Properties
31 Nusa Heights - MB Land (Mahabuilders)
32 P'residen (aka Private Residence Apartment) - The Private Residence
33 Palazio Service Apartment - Mayland Austin Sdn Bhd
34 Pandan Residence - MB Land (Mahabuilders)
35 Paragon Residences - Amprojek Construction Sdn Bhd
36 Parc Regency Serviced Apartment - Mayland Projects (Johor) Sdn Bhd
37 Perling Heights - MB Land (Mahabuilders)
38 Platino, Skudai - IOI Land
39 Plaza Mentari Apartment, Pelangi - Cityvilla Construction Sdn Bhd
40 Ponderosa LakeSide Luxury Apartments - Pandan Baru Sdn Bhd
41 Puteri Paradise Residence - Paradise Realty Sdn Bhd
42 Scotts Towers - Andaman Property Management Sdn Bhd
43 Seasons Luxury Apartments - Teori Warisan Sdn Bhd
44 Senai Garden Lifestyle Service Apartment - KCC Development (M) Sdn Bhd
45 Seri Molek Perdana - SPNB
46 Sky 88 - SP Setia Group
47 Sky Breeze - SP Setia Group
48 Sky Executive Suites - SP Setia Group
49 Sky Gardens - SP Setia Group
50 Sky Loft - SP Setia Group
51 Sky Oasis - SP Setia Group
52 Sky Peak - SP Setia Group
53 Sky Suites @ Meldrum Hill - MB Land (Mahabuilders)
54 Sky View - SP Setia Group
55 Somerset Puteri Harbour - UMLand / UEM Land
56 SouthKey Residences - Selia Pantai Sdn Bhd
57 Straits View Residences (Elita) - Permas Jaya Sdn Bhd
58 Summerscape Condominium - Connoisseur Tower Sdn Bhd
59 SuriaMas Suites - IJM Land
60 The Garden Residences Apartments - Scientex (Skudai) Sdn Bhd
61 The Seed Resort Condominium - Tanah Sutera Development Sdn Bhd
62 The WaterEdge Apartments - Walker Corporation (Senibong Cove)
63 Tropez Residences - Dijaya group
64 Twin Galaxy Serviced Apartment - Golden Oriental Realty Sdn Bhd
65 Twin Residences - Johor Land
66 Ujana Executive Residence - UEM Land
67 V@summerplace - Connoisseur Tower Sdn Bhd
68 Zennith Suite - Total Merit Sdn Bhd

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anybody knows about the development right opposite Menara Pelangi, which is currently under construction?

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Possible...only if BN is ousted in Johor during next election. :biggrin:
TSL will only start rolling in Yr-2019, RTS maybe another 5-6 years (est.2025). Hope I am wrong anyway:smile:

Just hope RTS is in operation by 2020... Anytime earlier will be bonus :-) this way, wldnt be disappointed...looking forward to
the decision on the exact location in JB city...