• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my friend Jonathan the below development at Plentong, price from RM2.1M onwards.

View attachment 8716

Just came from from viewing the showhouse. For the 2.4m listed price, I think they face strong competition from other eastern developments like Senibong Cove, Straits View Residence and Ponderosa Villa...... All of which are below RM 2m n are arguably better located. I do like its gated walls though, v atas looking! haha

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore cooling: Malaysian property to boom

Jan 14, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

By Romesh Navaratnarajah:

Malaysian real estate may see a surge in interest from buyers and investors in Singapore following the city-state’s fresh measures to cool its bubbling property market, according to one consultant who expects a wave of Singaporean investors into Malaysia.

Gavin Tee, founder and President of SwhengTee International Real Estate Investors Club thinks the tightened policies will definitely slow down Singapore’s housing market, which spells good news for Malaysia’s property boom.

A key factor is the availability of high margin financing in Malaysia compared to the latest loan-to-value (LTV) measures undertaken by Singapore.

“For Singaporean non-individual purchasers, they may now only get as low as 20 percent financing, whereas individuals will get 20 percent if their loan term is above 30 years from their third property purchase,” said Tee.

Moreover, Malaysia offers attractive mega-project offerings and favourable tax measures compared to its neighbours, noted Tee.

Just last month, more than 2,000 visitors flocked to PropertyGuru’s two-day Malaysia Property Show (MPS) in Singapore. In total, 25 premier units were sold at a combined price of RM22.6 million (S$9 million) while 331 hot leads were generated, an indication of the healthy demand for properties across the causeway.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore cooling: Malaysian property to boom

Jan 14, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

By Romesh Navaratnarajah:

Malaysian real estate may see a surge in interest from buyers and investors in Singapore following the city-state’s fresh measures to cool its bubbling property market, according to one consultant who expects a wave of Singaporean investors into Malaysia.

Gavin Tee, founder and President of SwhengTee International Real Estate Investors Club thinks the tightened policies will definitely slow down Singapore’s housing market, which spells good news for Malaysia’s property boom.

A key factor is the availability of high margin financing in Malaysia compared to the latest loan-to-value (LTV) measures undertaken by Singapore.

“For Singaporean non-individual purchasers, they may now only get as low as 20 percent financing, whereas individuals will get 20 percent if their loan term is above 30 years from their third property purchase,” said Tee.

Moreover, Malaysia offers attractive mega-project offerings and favourable tax measures compared to its neighbours, noted Tee.

Just last month, more than 2,000 visitors flocked to PropertyGuru’s two-day Malaysia Property Show (MPS) in Singapore. In total, 25 premier units were sold at a combined price of RM22.6 million (S$9 million) while 331 hot leads were generated, an indication of the healthy demand for properties across the causeway.

Thanks Valdez!

As I understand from past reports, the CEO of propertyguru seems to be very bullish on Malaysia property anyway. I will not be surprised if these guys are heavily vested. So I would take any opinion from property experts, property websites with a grain of salt.

My immediate thought is that people in Singapore would take a cautious wait and see approach to such drastic measures, be it Malaysia or Singapore property. Give the historical correlation between Johor and Singapore property, if Singapore property corrects, I am sure may would expect Iskandar properties to correct as well and would wait, rather than rush across the Straits.

I am wondering if anyone went to any Malaysia / Iskandar property launch over the weekend, could perhaps update whether they saw lots of crowds of tepid response, as an immediate reaction.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Valdez!

As I understand from past reports, the CEO of propertyguru seems to be very bullish on Malaysia property anyway. I will not be surprised if these guys are heavily vested. So I would take any opinion from property experts, property websites with a grain of salt.

My immediate thought is that people in Singapore would take a cautious wait and see approach to such drastic measures, be it Malaysia or Singapore property. Give the historical correlation between Johor and Singapore property, if Singapore property corrects, I am sure may would expect Iskandar properties to correct as well and would wait, rather than rush across the Straits.

I am wondering if anyone went to any Malaysia / Iskandar property launch over the weekend, could perhaps update whether they saw lots of crowds of tepid response, as an immediate reaction.

I don't know about property Launches in Malaysia but in Singapore it was very busy after they announced the measures.
Pic was taken on Friday night they were queuing for a Senkang Condo.
I believe there were lot of last minute property transactions all over Singapore during the weekend with S&P dated 11 Jan. :rolleyes:
So there is actually a lot of demand but with the latest cooling... I do think there will be more buyers looking to Malaysia.
This is not a matter of a correction due to weakening sales but that the door was slammed shut into the faces of the people who wants to buy!

la_fiesta_today.jpg

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came from from viewing the showhouse. For the 2.4m listed price, I think they face strong competition from other eastern developments like Senibong Cove, Straits View Residence and Ponderosa Villa...... All of which are below RM 2m n are arguably better located. I do like its gated walls though, v atas looking! haha

Yes, tough competition. I heard from my friend, the nearby residents from Plentong have shown interests. Understand that two guards among five will be armed.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Valdez!

Propertyguru has data of searches and transactions, so the CEO is very likely to be correct since he has access to the details that we don't have. I expect a surge in interest in JB properties after Chinese New Year as investors need some time to do research on JB, and March coincides with Performance Bonus.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, from what I observed in recent weeks to KL, there are chinese banners hanging outside new projects welcoming Taiwanese investor tour groups. And also heard of projects like Q city near sheraton being booked by the block by Taiwanese agents.

These are effects of the cooling measures in Taiwan, somewhat similar but Singapore is much more drastic. Taiwan property prices did not fall much, just 4-5% but volume is down by half.

We have reached the era of Malaysia property not just played by Singaporeans.. we still tot we are. In fact, we have lose out alot of the action already...

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, from what I observed in recent weeks to KL, there are chinese banners hanging outside new projects welcoming Taiwanese investor tour groups. And also heard of projects like Q city near sheraton being booked by the block by Taiwanese agents.

These are effects of the cooling measures in Taiwan, somewhat similar but Singapore is much more drastic. Taiwan property prices did not fall much, just 4-5% but volume is down by half.

We have reached the era of Malaysia property not just played by Singaporeans.. we still tot we are. In fact, we have lose out alot of the action already...

This is actually good news!
If the Malaysian Market is attracting investors from many countries,
it's growth can be sustained!
Their investments will not just be property but industry also.
With more industries, will mean more jobs and demand for better housing....
which hopefully means better yields for our investments :biggrin:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is actually good news!
If the Malaysian Market is attracting investors from many countries,
it's growth can be sustained!
Their investments will not just be property but industry also.
With more industries, will mean more jobs and demand for better housing....
which hopefully means better yields for our investments :biggrin:

Malaysia property is the worst performer in the past 10 years. Time to catch up.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

This news came out some time back but is definitely confirmed by your observation ...

Taiwanese start to show interest in properties in Malaysia

Here is the full news:

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/jrtaiwan/Article/

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This news came out some time back but is definitely confirmed by your observation ...

Taiwanese start to show interest in properties in Malaysia

Here is the full news:

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/jrtaiwan/Article/

The investor wave from Singapore into Malaysia should be much stronger this year. I expect Singapore PRs (from Malaysia particularly) to move into JB properties very soon since they are severely penalised by the latest cooling measures.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The investor wave from Singapore into Malaysia should be much stronger this year. I expect Singapore PRs (from Malaysia particularly) to move into JB properties very soon since they are severely penalised by the latest cooling measures.

For PR spouses, what's likely to happen is one of them will convert to citizen to buy their first HDB or private properties, while the other remains as PR. But yes, the younger generation of JB PRs who are not married will certainly be badly hit.

Biggest risk of Malaysia properties is rentability. In this aspect, Singapore's rental market is still very much superior. Hopefully Iskandar can thrive with more jobs n industries than what we have seen so far. I think there's gd potential in retail, hospitality & healthcare (future), but Malaysia's quality of tenants in general still cant be compared to Singapore, esp for the more expensive properties.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
For PR spouses, what's likely to happen is one of them will convert to citizen to buy their first HDB or private properties, while the other remains as PR. But yes, the younger generation of JB PRs who are not married will certainly be badly hit.

Biggest risk of Malaysia properties is rentability. In this aspect, Singapore's rental market is still very much superior. Hopefully Iskandar can thrive with more jobs n industries than what we have seen so far. I think there's gd potential in retail, hospitality & healthcare (future), but Malaysia's quality of tenants in general still cant be compared to Singapore, esp for the more expensive properties.

It is not so easy to convert to Singapore citizens now. Buying 2nd property is very expensive even for Singaporeans. 10% stamp duties on a S$1 mil 99LH Singapore property is about S$100k or almost RM$250k. This can be used to pay down nearly a quarter of a RM$1 mil FH landed property in a good Taman. Properties in the RM$500-$1 mil region in Iskandar should be flying off the shelves soon. I suppose rental is secondary as many would just want to own a FH landed in their life-time.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Report below is from the Today Newspaper in Singapore

Property stocks take a hit after cooling measures

Analysts say latest round of measures will lead to drop in prices, demand for housing
by David Bottomley
04:45 AM Jan 15, 2013
SINGAPORE - Property stocks tumbled yesterday, as the impact of the Government's latest round of cooling measures - which were announced after trading last Friday - sank in, and prompted research houses to predict a sharp fall in sales volume in the private residential market by at least 30 per cent.

In contrast, the previous rounds of cooling measures - excluding the latest measures, there had been six rounds since 2009 - had limited impact on the market. Analysts believe that this time, the measures will finally chill the market for an extended period, leading to a drop in demand and prices.

City Developments dropped 7.54 per cent to S$11.65, hit by its exposure to the domestic residential market. Keppel Land fell 7.24 per cent to S$3.97 and Wing Tai plunged 8.91 per cent to S$1.84. CapitaLand closed 4.11 per cent lower at S$3.73, getting off relatively lightly because of its presence in key overseas markets.

Last Friday, in the immediate aftermath of the announcements, some analysts felt that the impact, if any, would be short term as buyers adopt a wait-and-see attitude. But having had the weekend to digest the move, analysts yesterday had little doubt about the full extent of the impact.

OCBC Investment Research said the "barrage" of measures could "crack the market". "Compared to previous rounds, we see the latest measures having a deeper impact on a larger cross-section of buyers, with citizens buying their first property being the only group of buyers unscathed," said OCBC analyst Eli Lee.

Daiwa analyst David Lum added: "Each individual measure in isolation might appear to be incremental, but the breadth of the measures taken in totality might, in our opinion, finally set a prolonged chill in the market."

The wide-ranging measures include higher stamp duty for certain homebuyers, tighter loan-to-value limits and higher downpayment requirements for existing homeowners seeking to buy additional properties.

Barclays Research said it expects "developer volumes to correct 30 to 35 per cent to a more sustainable full-year rate of 15,000 to 16,000 units", compared to the record 23,000 units last year.

Credit Suisse said that sales may fall by 30 per cent this year. It noted that, according to a survey, around 31 per cent of buyers had previously indicated their intention of purchasing a property for investment purposes. The latest cooling measures could push those buyers out of the market.

In terms of pricing, Barclays said it expects the mass market to remain relatively stable, not least because previous cooling measures have already weeded out speculators. OCBC forecast that mass-market prices will fall by up to 5 per cent this year, with high-end prices likely to fall by between 5 and 10 per cent.

Looking at the HDB market, analysts said that some of the measures will curb demand for resale flats. In particular, the 5 per cent stamp duty that permanent residents will now have to pay when purchasing their first resale flat (as well as other properties) could result in some prospective buyers deciding that now is not the right time to enter the market.

Meanwhile, investors are being advised to tread carefully when assessing whether to pick up property developer shares after yesterday's sharp falls. OCBC noted that "the latest measures point to a strong political will to soften property prices, and we expect sustained and aggressive curbs until prices reach levels deemed acceptable."