• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both landed and condo got pros and cons......

Usually pros and cons can switch depend on your age.

Example......landed have lot of cleaning to do...... it is bad for people still working, but good for retirees to kill time....

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've stayed in both landed and highrise. Both have pros and cons. When I retire, I'll go for highrise; small and compact for me and partner only (no kids), less cleaning, no need to climb staircase, with balcony overlooking greenery and nature for doing reading, sipping afternoon tea, and meditation (choose one where you can be assured your view will not be obstructed - ie. the area in front is already built with landed and/or there's a lake/sea - WaterEdge Apts fits that bill), amenities (gym, pool for exercise) and not forgetting better security (i know some will disagree), but think again, there's only one point of entry: main door - keep it bolted from inside and u're ok (house, there's front door, side door, back door, window x 10, ceiling etc etc) - I want to go to bed at night and not fear being awakened by intruders.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both landed and condo got pros and cons......

Usually pros and cons can switch depend on your age.

Example......landed have lot of cleaning to do...... it is bad for people still working, but good for retirees to kill time....

Very true. The cleaning part is the killer - people say they dont mind, its nothing ..but when they moved to landed, they started grumbling and feeling inconvenienced by the constant cleaning. Its ok if you stay at home often and have retired (light exercise is good for the elderly) but you are working and spend much of your time in office and outside, u just want to come back and relax and do your own private stuff instead of being "forced" to do the cleaning. You can hire maid or helper to do the cleaning for you but be prepared to pay - Msia govt is close to pushing out the min wage bill and not sure whether domestic helper is excluded, but nowadays domestic helper is no longer as cheaper as before. Even the "cheapest" indo domestic helper will see a big jump in wage.

If you are prepared to set aside your time for the cleaning, then staying in landed can be very comfortable.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there, I think it depends on what type of housing you are considering and the price as well. Having hung out at Taman Molek on weekends for 6 years now, these are my biased observations that you should take with a pinch of salt:-

Pros:
1. Near to 1st link (10-15 mins drive from JB chk pt),
2. Convenience to groceries (Carrefour, Jusco Tebrau, Giant Plentong within 3-8 mins drive) and wet market (Molek & Johor Jaya)
3. Better road linkages, and thus less jammed compared to areas like Mt Austin & Sutera Utama

Cons:
1. Prices tend to be on high side, though still lower than Horizon Hills, East Ledang etc
2. Lesser upside for development potential (mature estate) compared to Nusajaya (non-mature estate) (think toa payoh town vs Potong Pasir)
3. Far from 2nd link, hence less options when travelling to/from SG compared to say Bukit Indah/Horizon Hills.

Better road linkages, and thus less jammed?

are u sure? tebrau highway near to molek and ponderosa jams all the time sometimes can jam up til carefour the bridge....
10 to 15mins from molek to CIQ even via EDL during peak hour is total impossible due to the jam, molek full of traffic lights, plus molek exit to tebrau highway is jammed most of the time too....

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
If from Emerald Bay k access Puteri Harbour alfresco area and hotel facilities by Caddy ride,
I dont mind exploring one

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporean and malaysian requirement are different I guess. Most malaysian prefer to stay in landed for retirement.

i think most lion city ppl had stayed in a pigeon too long, even apartment/condo to most of them are luxurious, not to say landed, so they haven't really get ready to move into a landed property which is almost something that may not even happened for most for life in lion city.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot make up your mind? Buy both landed and condo side by side..... can sleep in either depending on mood. Still cheaper than 1 unit in Singapore!!!

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
There seems to be quite a lot of banks and shops there, except for the lack of a shopping mall. I'm thinking future MRT (>10 years?) and developments could have a positive impact on Taman Molek as it has landed properties near the causeway. Not sure whether to go ahead to book a unit although price has increased. Please let me know of any bad points. Thanks.

molek during weekend can considered a dead city.....

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very true. The cleaning part is the killer - people say they dont mind, its nothing ..but when they moved to landed, they started grumbling and feeling inconvenienced by the constant cleaning. Its ok if you stay at home often and have retired (light exercise is good for the elderly) but you are working and spend much of your time in office and outside, u just want to come back and relax and do your own private stuff instead of being "forced" to do the cleaning. You can hire maid or helper to do the cleaning for you but be prepared to pay - Msia govt is close to pushing out the min wage bill and not sure whether domestic helper is excluded, but nowadays domestic helper is no longer as cheaper as before. Even the "cheapest" indo domestic helper will see a big jump in wage.

If you are prepared to set aside your time for the cleaning, then staying in landed can be very comfortable.

If can afford landed just get a maid. Problem solved.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
molek during weekend can considered a dead city.....

I realise it can b quite difficult to shop as the shops r v dispersed n open to weather...in e end I din buy there. It was rather quiet when i dropped by e area accidentally on my way to Tebrau this Fri afternoon.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all ,

do u guys have any concerns abt the possible traffic jams at the 2nd link if all the develpoments come into fruition ? I mean there will be lorries, buses, cars , bikes all filling up the link. won't it be like the 1st causeway all over again ?

no matter how will be still better as compare to 1st link......compare 1st link already jam, vested for property near 2nd link, you have the choice to use both 1st and 2nd link as compare to property only near to 1st link (which already congested very jialat). at least 2nd link is not jam yet. you still have much more time to enjoy smoother traffic...

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Safety, Unobstructed Bird eyes view, Windy, Mini Mart & Nursery, Garden & Gym. A 3-4 tier secured Condo is great for Retiree, Family with Kids, Single Lady etc. Many of these is not available in Landed. Living in crimes infested MY. This is the BEST Option.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better road linkages, and thus less jammed?

are u sure? tebrau highway near to molek and ponderosa jams all the time sometimes can jam up til carefour the bridge....
10 to 15mins from molek to CIQ even via EDL during peak hour is total impossible due to the jam, molek full of traffic lights, plus molek exit to tebrau highway is jammed most of the time too....

Compared to Sutera & Austin, Molek's jam is small case lah. 10-15 mins to CIQ definately doable during off peaks. I have done it countless times on weekends at normal speed, ever since the EDL is up.

At peak periods, the jam is really from Tebrau to EDL Pandan exit, so its not a long stretch. They also planning to upgrade the Pandan bridge bottleneck. The actual EDL travel is quite ok leh.......As for roads, many roads lead to Molek compared to Austin & Sutera, say from a) Ponderosa exit, b) Pekin Johor Jaya, c) Pasir Gudang, d) Johor Jaya market....

Lastly, from CIQ to the new development, Molek Haven, there's only 2 traffic lights to pass for the entire journey.