• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the difference between PutraJaya and Nusajaya?

Both are greenfield developments. Putrajaya is a new Administrative Center and so is Kota Iskandar. Tons of money had been poured into Putrajaya and it has been about 15 years since it first started. Is it really successful?

What is the difference between Cyberjaya and Educity?

Both had universities. Cyberjaya is touted to be IT Corridor, hence IBM, HSBC, Shell had their offices set up there. Condos are coming up but retails is not really there yet. Educity is sparely populated. Medini is suppose to support Educity population but the figures are not there yet.

Any thoughts for me to chew on during these holidays?

The main Big difference is - PutraJaya and CyberJaya don't have an Ultra Expensive Singapore beside them.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the bull is not thirsty, you can't force it to drink.

In other words, she is accountable for her own actions, there is absolutely no one to blame for except herself.
==

Despite my best efforts, someone still sold her semi-d back then for 350k and recently just commented to another mate that i didn't do my best to convince her to hold on to it. (She was the Malaysian expert who told me Iskandar properties will flop just like Putrajaya and then asked me if Iskandar was besides KL)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Putrajaya had Mahathir who poured billions in it. Sepang F1 circuit also there. Port Dickson / Sepang Palm Resort nearby.
It is near Kuala Lumpur. It has KLIA Airport. It has Nilai as its industrial area.

Nusajaya had Johor Royalty to support. It will have Motorcity. PH is nearby.
It is near Johor Baru. It has Senai / Changi Airport. It will have SILC Industrial area.

Difference:

Nusajaya is more private sector driven while Putrajaya is a Federal Govern driven. Entertainment / theme parks tourist attractions are important. Putrajaya does not have any. Demographics in Putrajaya is mostly mono ethnic residents. Nusajaya has more international appeal.
Of course, it is nice to have a rich neighbour.

So how will it impact Cyberjaya? Someone told me Cyberjaya will be the next growth area outside Kuala Lumpur. I am still trying to find reasons to invest there.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food for thought..

2) Masterplan for Medini Business have been reviewed few times since its inception. Could you enlighten us on the needs and rationale of the frequent reviews?
Master plans, particularly on the scale of Iskandar and Medini are ‘living entities’, by that I mean they must remain relevant and respond to economic, social and political change as and when change occurs. The most significant repositioning for us in Medini was to shift a financial industry focus, which was positioned pre financial crisis, to a focus on business park space; responding to the needs of Singapore and Malaysia growth, and in particular offering the ‘blended solution’ for business with a headquarters in Singapore or KL, and a significant support facility located in Medini. Above all, successful master planning must be ‘demand driven’, and not be tempted by grandeur and marketing of iconic and futuristic imaging; understanding the demand and responding to ‘end-user’ functionality will win the day!

http://iskandar.asia/insight/exclusive-interview/70-exclusive-interview-with-mr-keith-martin.html

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
The main Big difference is - PutraJaya and CyberJaya don't have an Ultra Expensive Singapore beside them.

What about timing? My knowledge around KL area is limited, but I have make making business travels. Putrajaya and Cyberjaya were launched in the nineties as I understand. At that time, the prime KL area was not that expensive. There would be little inventive for folks to move far out. Of course, the financial crisis made things worse.

Nusajaya, most properties were launched around 2008 or later when prices in Singapore were already increasing. It was more of a question of credibility whether the catalytic projects would be completed or not. Now that most are complete or about to be completed, the frenzy has begun.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite my best efforts, someone still sold her semi-d back then for 350k and recently just commented to another mate that i didn't do my best to convince her to hold on to it. (She was the Malaysian expert who told me Iskandar properties will flop just like Putrajaya and then asked me if Iskandar was besides KL)[/QUOTE]

If e market price goes below 350k after tat and she still holding on to e hse. U also kena.. 鳥人-full stop.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone view investments differently. Hence you have buyers and sellers at every level.

My friend bought 2 units in Reflection in Singapore and got $4m capital frozen since 2008 as price is lower by 5-10%. You still find loser in bull market.

I just stick to city after my friend bad experience.

Location Location Location. And also TIMING.

Don't believe the hype of
Iconic building
Green building
Close to where and where
First anything of anything
Buying into dream
Buying into lifestyle
Buy for own stay

All of the above are buying into a trap.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother potter,

After 15 years in investment I learn never to tell friends and relatives to buy anything.

If you are correct, they will never thank you. They will assume they have luck and timing correct. They will say how smart they are in front of others.

If you are wrong.......the will blame it all on you. Including their whole family.

In 2003 I told my friend to buy a condo and it drop in price before quadruple. That guy cut loss as SARS is all around.

However I love to post views in forum like this one. Everyone have a views and everyone can be right or wrong at the same time. More fun talking to strangers....

Despite my best efforts, someone still sold her semi-d back then for 350k and recently just commented to another mate that i didn't do my best to convince her to hold on to it. (She was the Malaysian expert who told me Iskandar properties will flop just like Putrajaya and then asked me if Iskandar was besides KL)

If e market price goes below 350k after tat and she still holding on to e hse. U also kena.. 鳥人-full stop.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple question: Where do you guys buy your new houses from? Direct from developer or through a property agency? Any difference or disadvantages?

Thanks!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone view investments differently. Hence you have buyers and sellers at every level.

My friend bought 2 units in Reflection in Singapore and got $4m capital frozen since 2008 as price is lower by 5-10%. You still find loser in bull market.

I just stick to city after my friend bad experience.

Location Location Location. And also TIMING.

Don't believe the hype of
Iconic building
Green building
Close to where and where
First anything of anything
Buying into dream
Buying into lifestyle
Buy for own stay

I buy so can play fire crackers...:biggrin:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple question: Where do you guys buy your new houses from? Direct from developer or through a property agency? Any difference or disadvantages?

Thanks!

Advantages of Buying from Developer:
- Get to choose your unit if you are early
- Get early bird discounts if you are early
- Low up front transaction costs if developer absorbs Legal fee, stamp duties. No agent commission. One can argue these costs are figured in but it works in within your financing
- Banks typically match developer price as property value
- Low up front payment in case of of low LTV as you pay as per progress
- If for investment can wait for a few years to get tenant. Particularly important in Iskandar as critical mass arguably not achieved yet
- If you are an investor, you get on the developers VIP, VVIP list for better bargains and choice units on future launches

Advantage of buying from agency (I am assuming you mean subsale):
- Typically a completed property, so get get your dream home in 5-6 months in case you need immediately for own stay
- What you see it what you get, whereas, developer may not deliver as per flashy marketing brochures
- No risk of developer going belly up and leaving the project incomplete
- Start getting returns soon, if you can find a tenant

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Buy for own stay

I beg to differ on buying for own stay, when you look at it from own use first and investment 2nd. Of course, if the only intent is to invest then don't kid yourself that its for own stay. I came out here with the intent to buy for own stay and the investment/money making was accidental. I just got lucky, I then shared with the others back then so that everyone can get their own before the frenzy that i know will begin.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I buy so can play fire crackers...:biggrin:

Yes, for me too. Also peace and quiet, flying some kites, getting lost in durian plantations. Fishing (gave up now ironically when i am in the midst of good fishing areas) Place for my kids to roam, play some cars, cycling, motorcycling, cars, archery, learn golf, hone my other skills and helping others.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I heard, Medini was reviewed due to political pressure. It is now a scaled down version of what was originally proposed.
It is supposed to have lots of commercial setting and retail then. But that was before the Spore factor came in.

Food for thought..

2) Masterplan for Medini Business have been reviewed few times since its inception. Could you enlighten us on the needs and rationale of the frequent reviews?
Master plans, particularly on the scale of Iskandar and Medini are ‘living entities’, by that I mean they must remain relevant and respond to economic, social and political change as and when change occurs. The most significant repositioning for us in Medini was to shift a financial industry focus, which was positioned pre financial crisis, to a focus on business park space; responding to the needs of Singapore and Malaysia growth, and in particular offering the ‘blended solution’ for business with a headquarters in Singapore or KL, and a significant support facility located in Medini. Above all, successful master planning must be ‘demand driven’, and not be tempted by grandeur and marketing of iconic and futuristic imaging; understanding the demand and responding to ‘end-user’ functionality will win the day!

http://iskandar.asia/insight/exclusive-interview/70-exclusive-interview-with-mr-keith-martin.html

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
[QUOTE}If e market price goes below 350k after tat and she still holding on to e hse. U also kena.. 鳥人-full stop.[/QUOTE]

Bro Potter,

Too true, unfortunately. For some, the minute they bought, they started telling others they were the ones who advised me to start buying. Yet others who didn't buy told my dad too that they were the ones who educated me about Iskandar. Then finally some who bought where i recommended, starting comparing their larger houses and asking me lots of questions on why didn't i do this or that.

Then asked if i didn't have money and asked my wife as well. Wife asked me in the end why i didn't do like what they did. Made me really really sad for over a week. If i wanted to compare with you, why would i want to help you in the first place and get you something bigger than mine? I even cut short holidays to rush from one state to the state just to help out.

No amount of renovation would make you money unless you are renovating with the intent to sell, so i use what limited money i have to invest into more properties. End of the day, these investments will give me free renovation, cars and more. I am not as rich as many here and probably never will be, but i am contented with what limited resources i have. I don't have a rich dad to fall back on but i love my dad just the same. I treasure what limited time on earth i have with the old man and my kids and i am really happy when i see them.

I am the main breadwinner in the family, yes i am also a self made man, growing up, non lifted a finger to help me and many even tried to stomp on me so why would i want to compare with others when i am just an ordinary man, working hard on day and night to provide for the family? Most of my friends just think i work on shift and don't know i work around the clock on different timezones. Technically I still work on all holidays even CNY.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry,maybe my question was not too clear.

What I meant was buying directly from Developer's agent/ sales staff or buying from developer through an independent real estate agency (eg. metro homes, etc.).

Thanks!

Advantages of Buying from Developer:
- Get to choose your unit if you are early
- Get early bird discounts if you are early
- Low up front transaction costs if developer absorbs Legal fee, stamp duties. No agent commission. One can argue these costs are figured in but it works in within your financing
- Banks typically match developer price as property value
- Low up front payment in case of of low LTV as you pay as per progress
- If for investment can wait for a few years to get tenant. Particularly important in Iskandar as critical mass arguably not achieved yet
- If you are an investor, you get on the developers VIP, VVIP list for better bargains and choice units on future launches

Advantage of buying from agency (I am assuming you mean subsale):
- Typically a completed property, so get get your dream home in 5-6 months in case you need immediately for own stay
- What you see it what you get, whereas, developer may not deliver as per flashy marketing brochures
- No risk of developer going belly up and leaving the project incomplete
- Start getting returns soon, if you can find a tenant

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry,maybe my question was not too clear.

What I meant was buying directly from Developer's agent/ sales staff or buying from developer through an independent real estate agency (eg. metro homes, etc.).

Thanks!

Oh. Sorry, I misunderstood.

There may possibly be advantages of buying through agency, if they don't charge an additional fee. Sometimes, the agency may get good units allocated and you can get one of those.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can feel for you, bro....it is not easy to start from scratch. Sometimes, even wifey do not understand how hard it is to scrape the bottom yet came out short.
I remember when I first bought my house, it was a low cost one 14ft x 55ft. I had to borrow even if it is just RM 6k just for downpayment.

There's nothing to be sad but be proud that what you had today is the result what you worked for. No one can take that away from you.

[QUOTE}If e market price goes below 350k after tat and she still holding on to e hse. U also kena.. 鳥人-full stop.

Bro Potter,

Too true, unfortunately. For some, the minute they bought, they started telling others they were the ones who advised me to start buying. Yet others who didn't buy told my dad too that they were the ones who educated me about Iskandar. Then finally some who bought where i recommended, starting comparing their larger houses and asking me lots of questions on why didn't i do this or that.

Then asked if i didn't have money and asked my wife as well. Wife asked me in the end why i didn't do like what they did. Made me really really sad for over a week. If i wanted to compare with you, why would i want to help you in the first place and get you something bigger than mine? I even cut short holidays to rush from one state to the state just to help out.

No amount of renovation would make you money unless you are renovating with the intent to sell, so i use what limited money i have to invest into more properties. End of the day, these investments will give me free renovation, cars and more. I am not as rich as many here and probably never will be, but i am contented with what limited resources i have. I don't have a rich dad to fall back on but i love my dad just the same. I treasure what limited time on earth i have with the old man and my kids and i am really happy when i see them.

I am the main breadwinner in the family, yes i am also a self made man, growing up, non lifted a finger to help me and many even tried to stomp on me so why would i want to compare with others when i am just an ordinary man, working hard on day and night to provide for the family? Most of my friends just think i work on shift and don't know i work around the clock on different timezones. Technically I still work on all holidays even CNY.[/QUOTE]

Nobama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I will start to market my SPH units when they are completed and furnished. Will book one of my 4 units as display showroom for first month so that potential investors can see, touch and visualize better. I am a firm believer of how much difference "staging" can make to the price of our units. Should be ready by Q1 2014.

What is sph units?