• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Melaka is actually very nice and has good reputable hospitals there, one of which allows our CPF to be used for medical expenses.
Service apartments are normally out for me, it may be suitable for others though.

Yup! Aware of tat, Chief. Alot of rich Chinese Indon fm Sumatra would seek treatment fm the nearby hospital at Malacca next to Century Makota Hotel. I also missed the chance of buyg a unit at Makota Hotel for investment during Mahathir era. Tat time no bullet to spare. I love makota Hotel. I would bring my kids along during the school holidays and put up at the hotel.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Nice CG
KL
[video=youtube;zNyDuHZad78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNyDuHZad78&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Recap on bilateral ties between SG and MY

[video=youtube;67AUXAkckeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67AUXAkckeg&feature=related[/video]

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Named after the second Prime Minister of Malaysia, Kompleks Tun Abdul Razak or KOMTAR is the oldest shopping complex in Johor Bahru, a border-city at the Southern-most tip of Malaysia. Officially opened on 11 March 1979, KOMTAR originally consists of a two storey shopping centre and a 26 storey office tower block. It is owned by Johor Corporation (JCorp), also known as the Johor State Economic Development Corporation.

CHALLENGE
With rapidly evolving customer taste, multiplying numbers of market competition, and with Johor Bahru being the most populous city in the recently launched Iskandar Malaysia initiative, the client had decided to redevelop the landmark complex to revitalise and strengthen its relevance in the city.

SOLUTION
The new design is developed to leapfrog the complex into a competitive positioning for the next few decades. The proposal aims to redevelop the podium into a three-storey retail complex with a four-storey parking lot, while the existing 26-storey office tower will be complemented by another 35-storey tower, a 27-storey tower, a roof-top recreational deck, an iconic mosque and a link bridge that connects with the neighbouring Persada Johor International Convention Centre.

http://www.thinkscapegroup.com/v5/projects/reshaping-a-landmark/

Komtar_01.jpg

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another Johor dream waiting to be realize....*cough, cough* to rival bali

http://www.sara-timur.com/portfolio-view/mersing-laguna/
Mersing Laguna is a multi-billion dollar integrated resort development on three reclaimed islands totaling over 2,000 acres set in the South China Sea off the town of Mersing in the state of Johor, Malaysia.

The islands are designed as an oasis dotted by premier residential and tourism-related developments, encased in an eco-friendly environment. This will be the playground of the jet-set, the gregarious lifestyle seeker and the captains of industry who seek what others don’t offer – a place to relax, rejuvenate and rediscover the celebration of life.

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its happening.
For those who are going, please share pics.
378233_403001409760275_519422104_n.jpg
Please visit our private preview on coming weekend (25th & 26th Aug) in Thistle Hotel, JB from 10am-6pm. Be among the first to preview Setia Sky 88 luxry serviced residences

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Recent SG govt policies will push property investment fund to neighboring countries. JB, Batam, Bintan.

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/5589/HDB-rents-increase-due-to-demand-from-PRs
Accordingto the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX), which collates transactions bymajor property agencies, accounting for more than 80% of the HousingDevelopment Board (HDB) rental market, median HDB rentals rose 10% in the 12months to June to S$2,200 per month. The rental rates were the highest since Q1of 2006. Monthly median rents for five-room units are currently about S$2,500monthly.

Inaddition, landlords in popular, mature estates like Geylang, Marine Parade andToa Payoh are able to charge a premium. Median monthly rents for five-room HDBflats in these estates are S$2,900, with some choice units close to the MRTstations even exceeding the S$3,000 mark.

Arecent Ministry of Trade and Industry statement about June's inflation ratenoted that accommodation cost increases, have been stronger than expected, withleasing contracts continue to be renewed at considerably higher rates,especially in the HDB segment.

Demandfrom Singapore permanent residents (PRs) has been contributing to the rising rentals,as the slew of residential cooling measures has made renting more attractivethan home purchase.

Underrules just unveiled in July, PRs who want to sublet their HDB flats will alsofind it harder to do. This is the deter those who are buying the flats forinvestment. The entire duration PRs can sublet their flats, is now capped atfive years. They are also not allowed to keep their flats unoccupied afterhitting the cap. If PRs no longer need the flats for their own occupation, theywill have to sell the flats.

Furthermore,HDB owners can rent out their flats only after the five-year minimum occupationperiod, unless prior HDB approval is given. They must also dispose of theiroverseas properties within six months of an HDB purchase.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

JOHOR BARU: Johor is poised to become Malaysia's "theme park capital" when Asia's first Legoland theme park at Nusajaya opens next month.
This will signify the emergence of Iskandar Malaysia and Johor as a major tourist destination locally and in the region.
Following the opening of the RM750 million Legoland, Iskandar Malaysia will receive another attraction with the opening of a family theme park in Puteri Harbour in November.
The two international standard theme parks will be major attractions to millions of domestic and foreign tourists planning to visit Iskandar Malaysia and Johor.
According to Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) chief executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim, Iskandar Malaysia could realise its huge potential in the tourism sector through the implementation of several infrastructure projects.
"We believe Iskandar Malaysia will provide the perfect tourist destination for affordable leisure at competitive prices in the Southeast Asian region and Asia-Pacific."
He was speaking at a briefing on the Puteri Harbour family theme park by Khazanah Nasional subsidiary, Themed Attractions and Resort (TAR) Sdn Bhd recently.
The Puteri Harbour family theme park, located in Nusajaya and built at a cost of RM115 million, will feature popular animation characters such as Hello Kitty, Bob the Builder, Angelina Ballerina, Pingu and Thomas and Friends.
It will also house Lat's Place, Malaysia's first restaurant of the nation's favourite cartoonist Datuk Mohd Nor Khalid, better known as Lat.
Apart from the two family theme parks, TAR is also planning to open two more theme parks at the Desaru holiday resort in east Johor.
The two parks in Desaru -- Ocean Splash and Ocean Quest -- will be built by TAR at a cost of RM267 million and are expected to be completed and open to the public by mid-2014.
Tourism industry observers have labelled Johor as the "theme park capital of Malaysia", following the launch of one theme park after another in the southern state.
Iskandar Malaysia, according to Ismail, was always working towards attracting more park operators to operate in the special economic zone to add to the existing theme parks.
"Irda is always on the lookout to have more theme parks in Iskandar Malaysia and beyond, which can cater to family-type entertainment and education." Bernama

Read more: Johor set to be 'theme park capital' - General - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/johor-set-to-be-theme-park-capital-1.127413#ixzz24H5rxthp

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

This sounds like Malaysia version of what Singaporeans are complaining. Except the approach in solving the problem is different.

Influx of foreign buyers driving up home prices: SPNB

The influx of foreigners who are investing in the country's property market is driving up home prices, making them less affordable to typical Malaysian buyers, said Datuk Dr Kamarul Rashdan Salleh, Managing Director at Syarikat Perumahan Negara Bhd (SPNB).

In a report by The Star, Kamarul said foreigners have more purchasing power and can fork out RM500,000 to acquire a property, leading developers to hike up prices.

"This creates a kind of false alarm and impression that there is demand for these houses. The middle-income group, especially young adults who need houses to start a family, is facing problems because of this."

He also noted that many foreigners had invested in the real estate market of Penang, Johor and the Klang Valley, adding that they are also starting to buy properties in Negri Sembilan and Malacca.

Due to the said situation, Kamarul suggested that "there should be a balance between offering such high-end property and houses that are affordable to the people."

However, he is opposed to the implementation of a higher minimum price for foreigners, claiming that this measure is unfair and could upset the property market. Moreover, this could discourage property investments in the country.

According to Kamarul, the local, state and federal authorities should work together to construct inexpensive and quality homes, while controlling property prices at the same time.

"They can also consider re-developing idle land or increasing the number of areas for building affordable homes."

"They can do it as a joint venture or with SPNB or under Projek Perumahan Rakyat 1Malaysia which are more social-oriented," he added.

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/en/property-news/2012/8/5597/Influx%20of%20foreign%20buyers%20driving%20up%20home%20prices:%20SPNB

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

uncertainties of the United States and Eurozone economy???

The ironic is nowadays is during uncertainties, the western countries will print money like no tomorrow causing massive inflation, drive interest down, hot money to asia and push more people to buy properties to hedge against inflation. Then east starts to compete in devaluing their currencies, then more $$ flows from west to east to buy properties. Then west still don't have liquidity, then the print more $$. And the cycle continues. :*:

REHDA urges government to reinstate RPGT

The Real Estate and Housing Developers Association Malaysia (REHDA) recommended for the reinstatement of the previous real property gain tax (RPGT) and for the government not to review policies or taxation that benefits the industry.

"Under the current market conditions such as the softening market and early signs of better growth of the economy ahead and the uncertainties of the United States and Eurozone economy, we urge the government not to interfere with the existing policies which are business-friendly," said REHDA.

The revised RPGT in Budget 2012 imposes 10 percent tax for properties held for less than two years and two percent for those held between two and five years. Meanwhile, properties held for over five years are exempted from tax.

"Developers typically need two years to complete landed properties and three years to complete stratified properties. This would mean that speculators could buy properties from developers, flip on completion and in effect pay the same five percent RPGT rate that was before Budget 2012," said Chang Kim Loong, Secretary-General at the National House Buyers Association.

Meanwhile, the Master Builders Association Malaysia (MBAM) said that the government should focus on affordable housing which will benefit more purchasers and stakeholders. More land should also be allotted for affordable housing particularly in the Klang Valley.

MBAM's Budget wish list includes the lowering of corporate tax rate, more skilled workers for heavy engineering like the My Rapid Transit (MRT) project.

"We wish to appeal for skilled workers from China to be allowed to work on these projects as many Chinese workers are now available after completing MRT and high speed rail projects in China," said MBAM.

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2012/8/5609/REHDA%20urges%20government%20to%20reinstate%20RPGT

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for the recommendation, however it is a bit too late as I am in the process of committing my 2nd purchase. So I think I can't lend anymore $ from MY banks liao. .....

Third one still ok, just that normally 70% loan but with the shorter loan tenure now, they may be able to loan out more in terms of percentage. Best wishes in your 2nd property purchase.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yup! Aware of tat, Chief. Alot of rich Chinese Indon fm Sumatra would seek treatment fm the nearby hospital at Malacca next to Century Makota Hotel. I also missed the chance of buyg a unit at Makota Hotel for investment during Mahathir era. Tat time no bullet to spare. I love makota Hotel. I would bring my kids along during the school holidays and put up at the hotel.

Yes, many are unaware. Some friends even asked me if the doctors in the hospitals wear shoes and if there is aircon at all in the wards. Thats very nice. Gosh, sorry to hear but i understand, its always about timing. We like that hotel too as we have stayed there before but that was many years back, lots of new hotels sprouting or sprouted out in recent years there.

precious

i have called SKY88 ytdy and was told that most of the units are sold and price is about RM$700 or more psf and wondering if i should visit the launch at thistle tmrw. I am also keen on the Danga Bay projects like the Tropez which i find that the location are surrounded with international schools and hospital nearby which are good for a family.
Any idea as how can i get a better chance for future projects to choose a unit as most of the projects are almost gone. I also saw the other projects too like Straitsview, any infos to share for a newbie to buy a private home to stay in JB:smile:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Loan approvals for home purchase decline

The banks' tighter lending rules have slightly diminished the actual sales in the residential property market, according to real estate consultants as well as Bank Negara Malaysia data.

Bank Negara's website revealed that the percentage of loan approvals for houses have declined to 46.8 percent in 1H2012 from 50.1 percent over the same period last year.

The amount of mortgage applications for home purchases rose by 2.9 percent year-on-year to RM96.7 billion in 1H2012. However, the value of loans that were approved fell from RM47 billion to RM45.26 billion.

Paul Khong, Executive Director of CB Richard Ellis Malaysia (CBRE), noted that residential property prices could be affected if the mortgage approval rate continues to decline.

"In order to conclude transactions, residential property sellers may now need to realistically adjust their selling prices as many of the buyers cannot get their loan applications approved," added Khong.

CBRE's recent report on Kuala Lumpur's housing market also noted a decline in the percentage of loan approvals in Q2 2012. The report revealed that the rate "was as high as 60.5 percent during the first five months of 2008, and has declined steadily since."

The report also highlighted that the lower rate could be due to the central bank's new lending guidelines.

Anthony Chua, Director of KGV International Property Consultants, commented that although the demand for homes continues to be high, the tougher lending measures have somehow cooled the market.

"We are still monitoring the situation. There is less transactional activity in the market this year for both new property launches and the secondary market compared with last year," said Chua.

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2012/8/5654/Loan%20approvals%20for%20home%20purchase%20decline

Last edited:

precious

Sky88 Preview in Sg too
View attachment 6156

I hv called sky88 sales team ytdy and was told tht most units were sold and the price is around Rm700 psf. I am wondering if such price is worth compared to other projects. I am keen on Danga Tropez or Twin Galaxy or even Paragon but chances are low.
Any suggestions from experienced buyers appreciated and i will be visiting the Thistle hotel tmrw to find out more abt the financing.