• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
VivoCity is more upmarket type of mall. Fully air con area, eating and shopping, browsing in comfort. A direct equivalent to Vivo would be Sunway Pyramid or 1 Utama in KL.
Mall of Medini is totally different. It is like a resort shopping center, no frills for people to eat and shop in their free time while the focus is in the theme park. It is a long way to be at par with any successful theme park in the world especially with their hospitality amenities.

Sunway Iskandar is going to duplicate its Sunway Pyramid mall in Medini. If this happen, then this is the game changer.

Actually it's still early phase for Medini mall. who knows the next phase may have aircon ?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big malls are not necessary nice malls. Mall of medini cannot be compared with vivio . It is not aircondtioned. The clientele shops are neither interesting nor classy . More like those heartland shopping centres. Somemore got houseflies at the eateries ...:eek:

Like that a bit hard to attract shoppers...

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like that a bit hard to attract shoppers...

You do not go to Mall of Medini to shop. It is just a place to eat and while your time away, waiting to get into Legoland.
Even myself as a Malaysian do not shop there. Ironically it is the same all over Malaysia from JB street food centers, Jalan Alor(Kl),Gurney drive (Penang), Cameron Highlands and even Genting Highlands where flies are there and so is tourists. Weird, isn't it?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do not go to Mall of Medini to shop. It is just a place to eat and while your time away, waiting to get into Legoland.
Even myself as a Malaysian do not shop there. Ironically it is the same all over Malaysia from JB street food centers, Jalan Alor(Kl),Gurney drive (Penang), Cameron Highlands and even Genting Highlands where flies are there and so is tourists. Weird, isn't it?

It is not the flies... It is the place that is not air-con. Singaporeans (and probably Malaysians) love air-con malls.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not the flies... It is the place that is not air-con. Singaporeans (and probably Malaysians) love air-con malls.

Modern malls are going into semi aircon already. Only the individual eateries are air con. Outside walking space within the mall and corridors do not have air con but very comfortable. And they are very successful. Eg. Sunway Giza or The Curve in Kota Damamsara.

Go green. Save the earth. Stop emissions.Don't use so much of fossil fuel to generate electricity. Lower the carbon content. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Modern malls are going into semi aircon already. Only the individual eateries are air con. Outside walking space within the mall and corridors do not have air con but very comfortable. And they are very successful. Eg. Sunway Giza or The Curve in Kota Damamsara.

Go green. Save the earth. Stop emissions.Don't use so much of fossil fuel to generate electricity. Lower the carbon content. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If this can translate to lower price, then I seriously don't mind. I'm more of a fan person and my air-con is rarely used.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this can translate to lower price, then I seriously don't mind. I'm more of a fan person and my air-con is rarely used.

Try to visit these 2 malls next time you are in KL. Actually my favorite neighbourhood malls. They are slightly upmarket but it is the place where yuppies hang out. For starters, it is flat rate of RM2.00 per car park entry.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try to visit these 2 malls next time you are in KL. Actually my favorite neighbourhood malls. They are slightly upmarket but it is the place where yuppies hang out. For starters, it is flat rate of RM2.00 per car park entry.

I haven't ventured outside Iskandar in my car. There are a lot of gunmen and robbers in KL :eek: JB is much safer.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I haven't ventured outside Iskandar in my car. There are a lot of gunmen and robbers in KL :eek: JB is much safer.

Life must be risks and color. If not, it would be too boring. Mundane is the word.
The hobbies that I have are beyond neighbourhood robbers....:p

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it's still early phase for Medini mall. who knows the next phase may have aircon ?

Pray hard . Looking at the structure, not possible to air con the mall.

The sun shines in at some of the eateries at certain parts of the day so ..not very comfy actually.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life must be risks and color. If not, it would be too boring. Mundane is the word.
The hobbies that I have are beyond neighbourhood robbers....:p

I would like to carry guns in KL if I go there. Definitely it will be quite fun with playing shooting with the robbers.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

i always go sunway giza when i'm back, late night go modestos relax.. definitely better vibe than anywhere in jb. and got lots of hot babes walking around too.. don't think jb will ever become even 1/2 of kl vibrancy. the curve... too crowded but the place is awesome. btw, open air walkway malls need very high ceiling. look at sunway giza the big fans and the ceiling is 4 storey high, right?

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to carry guns in KL if I go there. Definitely it will be quite fun with playing shooting with the robbers.

If you are in KL, do things like KLites do. Wear shirt like them too. Don't try to hang sling bags, branded stuff, carry cameras around your neck, etc. Some more drive Spore plate cars, Rolexes, lagi have a Map in your hand ...who dunno you are a tourist? Easy target la.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i always go sunway giza when i'm back, late night go modestos relax.. definitely better vibe than anywhere in jb. and got lots of hot babes walking around too.. don't think jb will ever become even 1/2 of kl vibrancy. the curve... too crowded but the place is awesome. btw, open air walkway malls need very high ceiling. look at sunway giza the big fans and the ceiling is 4 storey high, right?

Yup, high atrium and big fans. Plenty of cool babes...and most of them are office workers or after true fitness gym in Curve.
The other place to check out is Soul Out in Sri Hartamas.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Air-con malls are still the way to go in SG and MY, being hot & humid countries. If only walkways are open, while shops have glass doors, this instantaneously create an entry barrier which will limit the no. of shoppers in each shop & the shopping experience

As an eg, take a look at the shops located in open-air MRT stations in SG. Observe how many shops put up glass partitions. The ans is that many don't if they can help it.

As for the Medini and Puteri Harbour malls/shops, my advice to would-be short-term commercial investors is to spend the entire Monday at the area from 10 am to 10 pm. You can then sense if it is viable for the short-term. Of course, this strategy only works if the mall/shop is already constructed in the first place.... Long-term, I am not gd at it but as commercial tenants, we are trained to look at short-term.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Air-con malls are still the way to go in SG and MY, being hot & humid countries. If only walkways are open, while shops have glass doors, this instantaneously create an entry barrier which will limit the no. of shoppers in each shop & the shopping experience

As an eg, take a look at the shops located in open-air MRT stations in SG. Observe how many shops put up glass partitions. The ans is that many don't if they can help it.

As for the Medini and Puteri Harbour malls/shops, my advice to would-be short-term commercial investors is to spend the entire Monday at the area from 10 am to 10 pm. You can then sense if it is viable for the short-term. Of course, this strategy only works if the mall/shop is already constructed in the first place.... Long-term, I am not gd at it but as commercial tenants, we are trained to look at short-term.

The worst thing so far is the parking at Puteri Harbour. Although it is only a few min walk, it is open-air so when you get back to your car, your ass will be burnt or you will be drenched. There is nothing much I could do there except to look at the expensive Hello Kitties. Bukit Indah Jusco and TESCO are smarter, at least they have some form of sheltered walkway or covered parking. Simple things like this mean a lot to me.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, high atrium and big fans. Plenty of cool babes...and most of them are office workers or after true fitness gym in Curve.
The other place to check out is Soul Out in Sri Hartamas.

haven't been to souled out for ages... i prefer LUXY "club" although the bottles are ex. used to enjoy clubbing at p. ramlee that side, guess i'm mellowing out with age