• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you study the masterplan, there's no provisions for any commercial malls at all. But then when there's honey, there will be flies.
And I can get cheapo "copycat" Hello Kitty ones in my pasar malam too. But do you buy them? The difference is that is Hello Kitty own flagship shop.

I saw quite a number of residential projects with commercial elements at first few floors. I have passed the Hello Kitty stage. Yes, I bought them from McDonalds before :p

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully the malls are not empty... Actually what I saw in my Sep 2013 visit to Puteria Harbour worried me a bit because many shoplots were still empty after 1 year+ of opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPILhiTJv7E&hl=en-GB&gl=SG
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-Mall-seven-years-opened-Dongguan-China.html

there were still empty in august (before raya, i remember raya stalls set up).
funniman is right. PH is marina lifestyle living. i still enjoy eating out, clubbing and drinking, so can definitely relate to a place like PH.
however, not having cheap chinese food anywhere around (street fare) is not a positive. even the most luxury places in KL have access to cheap food within a few km drive..
One can counter that PH is playground for the rich, but most rich locals also enjoy street fare. i would say the same of singaporeans.
if PH only has residents who are not into cheap street food, i would be worried. means mostly angmo.

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully there's something like the Aircon food street in Lot10, on smaller scale. We can only speculate and wait. I haven't been to Mall of Medini, heard phase 1A is nothing to shout about...

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
funniman is right. PH is marina lifestyle living. i still enjoy eating out, clubbing and drinking, so can definitely relate to a place like PH.
however, not having cheap chinese food anywhere around (street fare) is not a positive. even the most luxury places in KL have access to cheap food within a few km drive..
One can counter that PH is playground for the rich, but most rich locals also enjoy street fare. i would say the same of singaporeans.
if PH only has residents who are not into cheap street food, i would be worried. means mostly angmo.

I would think PH would be like Mont Kiara, Jalan Ampang (Embassy row) or at the most Bangsar. Also since you have marinas and international hotels, pubs scene would be there. Where there's watering holes, there would be crowds. I don't think Mall of Medini would have any pubs.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully there's something like the Aircon food street in Lot10, on smaller scale. We can only speculate and wait. I haven't been to Mall of Medini, heard phase 1A is nothing to shout about...

Well I have been there a few times within the year since Legoland opened. Business hasn't been good even on weekends, I observed. Some shops have already closed for business even within less than a year. :confused:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well I have been there a few times within the year since Legoland opened. Business hasn't been good even on weekends, I observed. Some shops have already closed for business even within less than a year. :confused:

I think the Medini and Puteri Harbour malls will take 5 to 10 years to develop. Bukit Indah was first launched in 1997, and it is only now that it is bustling. Even then, Jusco Bukit Indah pales in comparison to the crowds at Jusco Tebrau & KSL, not to mention City Square which is an exception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukit_Indah

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

all the condos and canal housing are not there yet how to have good biz ?

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not underestimate non angmo, they are willing to spend too. Would prefer to stay in a less bustling place and go to the bustling place when need to buy grocery, etc. Anyway, cars are so much cheaper in Malaysia than Singapore.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think PH would be like Mont Kiara, Jalan Ampang (Embassy row) or at the most Bangsar. Also since you have marinas and international hotels, pubs scene would be there. Where there's watering holes, there would be crowds. I don't think Mall of Medini would have any pubs.

mont kiara can drive to hartamas near luxy pub there got cheap food. jln ampang also got cheap street fare both ends.. bangsar also same.
PH nearest is BI, that is some distance. anjung is nearer, but don't see any chinese food.
whole of medini and PH.. i'm thinking cyberjaya kind of development time frame. will take a while.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
all the condos and canal housing are not there yet how to have good biz ?

How about the population, can get a million rich people to stay there is a big question mark. I think Bukit Indah and nearby tamans, rich and poor all in at least 1 million people leh.
The problem I see is they only built high-end condos and malls there, unlikely find so many rich people in a typical society except Singapore. Those dont have a million ringit , cant afford to stay there .

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the population, can get a million rich people to stay there is a big question mark. I think Bukit Indah and nearby tamans, rich and poor all in at least 1 million people leh.
The problem I see is they only built high-end condos and malls there, unlikely find so many rich people in a typical society except Singapore. Those dont have a million ringit , cant afford to stay there .

That why we need rich Singapore to support Medini / PH lor.
If Singapore does not come, Iskandar sure to fail.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
mont kiara can drive to hartamas near luxy pub there got cheap food. jln ampang also got cheap street fare both ends.. bangsar also same.
PH nearest is BI, that is some distance. anjung is nearer, but don't see any chinese food.
whole of medini and PH.. i'm thinking cyberjaya kind of development time frame. will take a while.

TOP of Encorp is in 2016, Sommerset is 2014, Imperia in 2015..so we are talking about have to wait at least 3-4 more years before things move. Sit tight and wait. No need to pay interests as all got DIBS.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would prefer to stay in a less bustling place and go to the bustling place when need to buy grocery, etc. Anyway, cars are so much cheaper in Malaysia than Singapore.

Actually, this is what I thought but after a while, we are too lazy to even drive in and out for meals even when it is a short distance away .

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was talking about investment. Its not the same as own stay. Investors play at a different level and they have different considerations.The IRDA is also aware of that which is certain sectors in Iskandar like PH and Medini are planned to cater more to these investors rather than small time own stay time of buyers who are moving there because they cant afford to stay in Singapore. Medini is also a business centre so it cant be compared to BI.They are just different. Like comparing Marina Bay to Bukit Timah.
Not necessary a value buys though. Can you imagine a house at Medini sell 2M and a similar one selling 1M at Bukit Indah. I think some people may prefer to stay at Bukit Indah, why care about how much the property will appreciate in 5yrs time? Affordability is more important at the end of the day.