• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abt the lizards and cockroaches - they are so clever nowadays becos they went to university and got themselves a degree cert! Hahaha! Can laugh until pengsan!

Let’s get serious!

Last few days emotions really run like roller coaster, but today 我想通了!
All the nitty gritty things were undue worries!
Just look at the macro of things, instead of the micro…
And things would be simplified.

As it is, there is close collaboration between the 2, and major projects are handled at state level,
this is already a good indication that things are already moving ahead.

Sg for sure is and will continue to be over populated
(we are already feeling the squeeze)
If we don’t choose JB, then where else?
It is the nearest that it can be.
If we say JB is far and all the causeway jam problems, just compare it to other big countries where the city itself is already how many times the size of Sg.
If we were to compare, the JB-SG travelling distance is really peanuts’ peanut.

Remember our forefathers from China who came to the lion city to eke out a living?
It was a hard and tough life then.
How do we compare to them?
(Pls don’t tell me last time mata wear shorts becos I also know that, hahaha!)

The opportunity has come for us to choose an alternative place to live in. (sound more like being force to lah)
So we better jump on the band wagon now!
It could go wrong, maybe a little bit wrong, but I think it cannot be too wrong.
What Sg has and has done, give them some time, they will soon catch up. (can copycat)
Some say My is hinterland to Sg as Shenzhen is to Hongkong? Time will tell!

Ok, so those who have bought your condo/house, nevermind big or small, so long it is made of brick and mortar, you should feel happy.
Becos we have ‘chope’ a place in someone’s land at an affordable price compared with our ridiculous homeland price.
In other words, we have already made an alternative choice, an alternative place to live in.
We may need the house now, or may need it in the future, no urgency at all, but it’s there waiting for you.
It will not be swept away by tsunami, neither could it be blown away becos it is not build of sand.
So brick and mortar here we come … in someone’s land
It will stay good and solid for many years to come till the next generation and next and next.

As to all the flip and flop policies and security issues, just leave these to the government of the day,
Slowly but surely they will have to tackle them, it’s their job. They should be more kancheong than us, right?
Unless they don’t want to see their country to succeed.

If after a few years, their country is still intolerable, we balek kampong.
Ok, now talking abt balek kampong, last time our ancestors came to lion city by ship or boat, now they balek kampong by air, and they bring $ to help built roads and schools. How is that?? Obviously their living has improved by leaps and bound.

Winds change directions wor!

For now, we just follow where the wind blows.

Don’t miss the last train…toot, toot..

Pls note: I am not encouraging that you must invest in My, but after thinking deep through the last few days, I suddenly come to my senses lor!
If the country can’t live up to investors expectations, it’s not my problem, it is more so their BIG problem!

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Lenang Heights by Sunway ( next to Tmn Molek/Ponderosa )

I thought phase 1 or 2 is already launched 2Q this year. My friend bought a unit there in Jun around $3.5 mil RM if I remember correctly. There is a clubhouse.

Yeah already selling without show house , the salesperson said the show house will ready next year.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't help it. I can spend at most half a day in JB due to work. One hour to vacuum, another hour to mop, then another hour to wipe dust, lizard shit and spider webs, another hour to rest, bath, go car wash... then time to go back to Singapore. No fun.

No need to mop every time, just vacuum weekly or bi weekly and mop once every few months and the house is quite clean already.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
not that I dun wanna buy HDB. tikam at ballot but never kanna. so how? den buy pte. but now if wannna buy back HDB they dun allow cos they say we rich. wtf!!!

Yeah only those who didn't manage to get HDB will know the pain of no HDB and appreciate the goodness of it.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried those sticky traps before. Can trap only 2 or 3 for a single trap but still plenty always around. Looks very gruesome too. Egg shells will scare every single one away to your neighbour's houses and they will start wondering why the sudden increase of influx of lizards. Better not invite your neighbours to your house or else everyone do the same and lizards start returning to those houses with lesser egg shells. Can rename the neighborhood to Taman Egg Shells. Ha ha!

Yes. Great idea to hang police uniforms outside your house too. Soon become Taman Polis?

Alarm box with the word "CHUBB" or "ADT" will work as well.
DIY with Spray paint, plastic box, Lettering cut out. Hang it in front of the house. Add a strobe light if you want.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously this is the first time I heard about such things on chicken egg shells and lizards. By the same token,maybe I hang a police uniform at my car porch and the burglars will not come.

...haha good idea, why never tot of it...maybe hang a few

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u wish to stay in Msia or Thailand or Vietnam, then u must be prepared to have the locals as ur neighbours. Change ur sinkie mindset and integrate and blend well with the locals tere. Juz my opinion....
Ginfreely is right, i am malaysian, not bias against malaysian (as in myself? haha) The thing i want to point out is that places like bandar seri alam, further away from permas, near pasir gudang area, from location wise it seem there's less singaporean demand and from past experience we know one major force to push ppty price high high is u guys (also local investors (flippers) oso drawn to wherever sinkie will buy). Majority of new built, even 2nd market houses had not reached 1M over there, if policy implemented, then lagi jialat, even harder to reach, so frodo might need to wait much longer.
Abt the lizards and cockroaches - they are so clever nowadays becos they went to university and got themselves a degree cert! Hahaha! Can laugh until pengsan!

Let’s get serious!

Last few days emotions really run like roller coaster, but today 我想通了!
All the nitty gritty things were undue worries!
Just look at the macro of things, instead of the micro…
And things would be simplified.

As it is, there is close collaboration between the 2, and major projects are handled at state level,
this is already a good indication that things are already moving ahead.

Sg for sure is and will continue to be over populated
(we are already feeling the squeeze)
If we don’t choose JB, then where else?
It is the nearest that it can be.
If we say JB is far and all the causeway jam problems, just compare it to other big countries where the city itself is already how many times the size of Sg.
If we were to compare, the JB-SG travelling distance is really peanuts’ peanut.

Remember our forefathers from China who came to the lion city to eke out a living?
It was a hard and tough life then.
How do we compare to them?
(Pls don’t tell me last time mata wear shorts becos I also know that, hahaha!)

The opportunity has come for us to choose an alternative place to live in. (sound more like being force to lah)
So we better jump on the band wagon now!
It could go wrong, maybe a little bit wrong, but I think it cannot be too wrong.
What Sg has and has done, give them some time, they will soon catch up. (can copycat)
Some say My is hinterland to Sg as Shenzhen is to Hongkong? Time will tell!

Ok, so those who have bought your condo/house, nevermind big or small, so long it is made of brick and mortar, you should feel happy.
Becos we have ‘chope’ a place in someone’s land at an affordable price compared with our ridiculous homeland price.
In other words, we have already made an alternative choice, an alternative place to live in.
We may need the house now, or may need it in the future, no urgency at all, but it’s there waiting for you.
It will not be swept away by tsunami, neither could it be blown away becos it is not build of sand.
So brick and mortar here we come … in someone’s land
It will stay good and solid for many years to come till the next generation and next and next.

As to all the flip and flop policies and security issues, just leave these to the government of the day,
Slowly but surely they will have to tackle them, it’s their job. They should be more kancheong than us, right?
Unless they don’t want to see their country to succeed.

If after a few years, their country is still intolerable, we balek kampong.
Ok, now talking abt balek kampong, last time our ancestors came to lion city by ship or boat, now they balek kampong by air, and they bring $ to help built roads and schools. How is that?? Obviously their living has improved by leaps and bound.

Winds change directions wor!

For now, we just follow where the wind blows.

Don’t miss the last train…toot, toot..

Pls note: I am not encouraging that you must invest in My, but after thinking deep through the last few days, I suddenly come to my senses lor!
If the country can’t live up to investors expectations, it’s not my problem, it is more so their BIG problem!
It depend on how long u view it, really. 5 yrs down the road what i think here is rather risky as the supply and demand will getting overly imbalance, policy uncertainty etc. Though it doesnt necessarily spell out a burst of bubble, it would stagnant for quite sometime (probably a better opportunity by then? my view is 2016 will have better bargain, I do follow closely on the auction market, hopefully some good ppty will lelong-ing haha) until another powerful pulling force in place (RTS, HSR built). Without these 2 things, i dun think massive singaporeans would not even considering coming here, they'll rather live in HDB. If buy for own use, then buy it lor regardless; if got spare money and want better deal, for me i would rather wait and see since i dun feel optimism on the market. If just think of market pulling forces, then u might b right in decade or two down the road as like what u said there is real genuine need for hinterland like jb, u cant get wrong on that, even u get it wrong, it would b just overpaid ppty that u can use or rent it out. Convert back to SGD (300-400K) cant buy u a luxury living, and u will more likely to spend on consumable goods, think of it maybe worth it. Just to add some complexity to ur thought, there r ppty price rise faster after GFC in many nations in the region, from indon, phlillpine, taiwan, china, aust, hk, sg, thai condo (viet not in list as theirs ady burst badly) etc, who knows like it rise, it maybe contagion as well when one fall, others follow. Dunno y, view it macro-lly from developed nations monetary policy to northern sea route that may severely affect singapore, near term seem gloomy though, hopefully there is some good news to 'change the balance of force', if not i will rather take my hand off n look c.

bentochg

Dear experts, need your advise.. in two years down the road, with the lousy govt cooling announcement recently , will the property price in jb continue to increase with the implementation of GST where construction cost increases? just bought a condo from MBland for RM510k.. (first time buyer)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ginfreely is right, i am malaysian, not bias against malaysian (as in myself? haha) The thing i want to point out is that places like bandar seri alam, further away from permas, near pasir gudang area, from location wise it seem there's less singaporean demand and from past experience we know one major force to push ppty price high high is u guys (also local investors (flippers) oso drawn to wherever sinkie will buy). Majority of new built, even 2nd market houses had not reached 1M over there, if policy implemented, then lagi jialat, even harder to reach, so frodo might need to wait much longer.

Actually I was told my area is 90% malaysian chinese and 20% Singaporean. Anyway, Seri Alam is not far from PJ, slightly over 5 min drive only, less than 10 min.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I was told my area is 90% malaysian chinese and 20% Singaporean. Anyway, Seri Alam is not far from PJ, slightly over 5 min drive only, less than 10 min.

you mean your precinct only , right? if it's >600k rm houses, should be mainly local chinese. my guess. what is PJ? you mean, PG?

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The person who gave you the info math not very good...

At first I also gabra, but later I think, "OK what, out of all Chinese who bought there, 90% is Malaysian CHinese lah. But of 100% people who bought, 20% is Singapore-lang, including non-Chinese lah". Makes sense?

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean your precinct only , right? if it's >600k rm houses, should be mainly local chinese. my guess. what is PJ? you mean, PG?

Got Sapphire 8 completing soon with a lot of things thrown in like alarm system and autogate. Heard selling RM900K?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear experts, need your advise.. in two years down the road, with the lousy govt cooling announcement recently , will the property price in jb continue to increase with the implementation of GST where construction cost increases? just bought a condo from MBland for RM510k.. (first time buyer)

Most likely will have to keep for own use for a long time . If you are lucky you may be able to rent out for 2-3K in good location.