• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
A little bit of trivia to share with everyone. In 1975, JB houses were built at 20-22 feet width. With landed developments shrinking with every new launch, it seems that JB is moving backwards to the days of the 1970s.... Maybe big landed houses will soon be a thing of the past in JB.

In 1975, Frank Goon, the son-in-law of Phillip Kuok, the brother of Robert Kuok and director of Kuok Group, ventured into property development. He bought the first piece of land in Tebrau, and named it Taman Pelangi. which means Rainbow Garden. Thus, is the beginning of Pelangi Sdn Bhd.

It was tough in the beginning but Frank was determine in his one man crusade to proof to the Kuok's family that he can built an empire from dust.

Frank believes in doing things differently. He pioneered the 24 feet (8 meter)wide terrace houses. Those days, houses are built at 20-22 feet width. Frank saw the need of residents for a wider home where the hall and dining hall can be slightly bigger for comfort.

Frank felt that at 20-22 feet, houses are claustrophobic. With the wider space, the bedrooms can be bigger and the built-in furnitures design can be more posh. At the same time, these houses can have the space to park a minimum of two cars within the compounds.

Frank's business boom and Pelangi became a household name in Johor Bahru. The company was listed in the stock exchange and for decades, they made good money and gave investors something to cheer about. Then, this year, Kuok Brothers exited Pelangi and sold the entity to Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB). Frank resigned from Pelangi.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come you know taman desa jaya in kepong huh?? haha. my grandpa house there i used to stay during my younger days. remember the meton cinema??

yes, single story house, 3 room, price i actually dunno, but must be about as you say 9k. But it is not freehold, it's all leasehold there. . Now 400k, correct! i mulled over a long time whether to buy a house in taman ehsan (behind desa jaya), next to the FRIM.

Now you know why i say JB house is still consider cheap compare to KL.

Desa Jaya was my hangout place la and I used to work in Taman Ehsan many years ago. FRIM is where my old man go after the butterflies.
And I still go to Taman Kepong for the desserts by the road side.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
And its not G&G?

For 400k, you want G & G? Maybe those with Bangla guards and oil drum boom. And you pay RM 50 every month type.
Proper G&G ones would cost easily more than RM1.0m here and that is just terrace house 2 1/2 storey type. KL is expensive place.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desa Jaya was my hangout place la and I used to work in Taman Ehsan many years ago. FRIM is where my old man go after the butterflies.
And I still go to Taman Kepong for the desserts by the road side.

shit is this a small world or what! amazing...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lorry transport price is increasing by 15%. Impact on construction cost will be significant. Watch out for property price increase soon.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is an anticipation in waiting, cost up be pass to consumers and buyers. Inflation will be for the next few years, need to find a good hedge for cost of money.

Lorry transport price is increasing by 15%. Impact on construction cost will be significant. Watch out for property price increase soon.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is an anticipation in waiting, cost up be pass to consumers and buyers. Inflation will be for the next few years, need to find a good hedge for cost of money.

In residential property I trust since everyone needs a roof over the head :biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
In residential property I trust since everyone needs a roof over the head :biggrin:

better to buy in desirable neighbourhood with burgeoning population , amenities nearby, not TOO ex (unless you are damn loaded, or targeting the wealthy), and reasonably young population (can see lots of families with kids and teenagers around).

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
better to buy in desirable neighbourhood with burgeoning population , amenities nearby, not TOO ex (unless you are damn loaded, or targeting the wealthy), and reasonably young population (can see lots of families with kids and teenagers around).

Same view. Just to add good to check w sales reps tt there r not too many investors in e project else everyone is just flipping.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same view. Just to add good to check w sales reps tt there r not too many investors in e project else everyone is just flipping.

I second tat. Tats why at time its better to buy fm secondary market. U can see for urself...especially at nite how many houses r not lighted. Its imperative...especially for those who buy for homestay. U juz imagine left right houses all not lighted during weekdays.....

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Akan datang - Another Danga Bay condo :

KUALA LUMPUR: Singapore's Skyfront Holdings Pte Ltd is teaming up with Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd (IWH) to undertake a RM700mil residential project in Danga Bay in Johor Baru.

The companies said on Wednesday the development on a 1.4ha (3.48-acre) freehold site would offer 840 condominium units spread over three high-rise blocks overlooking the Straits of Johor.

The location is a prime waterfront site within Flagship "A" of Iskandar Malaysia and within a 5km radius of the Johor Bahru central business district and the Johor-Singapore Causeway.

Under the JV, Skyfront Holdings has a 65% stake in the project, which is also the company's first foray outside of Singapore. Its core activities are property development, management and consultancy services.

Preliminary earth works on the project have started and are due for completion by early 2016.

Prices for the studio, three-bedroom and penthouse units will range from RM1,100 per sq ft to RM1,300psf due to the low density of the project.

The official sales launch will only be in November and Singapore-based More Property Pte Ltd is the official property agent for the project.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are launchng a new condo called D'Suites @ Horizon Hills. I just received an invitation to the preview on Sept 14th, being held together with the Mooncake Festival celebration. Its from 4pm to 9pm. Have been told that the prices are as follows:

1 bedroom (Type D1) - 633 sq ft, price from RM457,800 to RM546,800
2 bedroom (Type C ) - 845 sq ft, price from RM650,800 to RM783,800
3 bedroom (Type B ) - 1058sq ft, price from RM799,800 to RM934,800
3 bedroom (Type B1) - 1067 sq ft, price from RM832,800 to RM944,800
3+1 bedroom (Type A) - 1472 sq ft, price from RM1,103,800 to RM1,215,800
Penthouse A - 2521 sq ft, price from RM2,368,800 to RM2,413,800
Penthouse B - 1942 sq ft, price from RM1,874,800 to RM1,907,800

I am not recommending or buying, just informing you guys/gals.

Last edited by a moderator:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Affordable to local middle income group means $350-400 psf outside Iskandar. For a small 2000 sqft terrace, this is about $800k RM.

YFG mulls building affordable houses

Sep 11, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my

Since it has no landbank, YFG Bhd plans to work with private landowners to build affordable houses for the mid-income group, according to Lim Chong Ling, the company's managing director.

“We look for landowners who want to work with us in sharing the profit of the developed land. We would be able to provide them with a win-win situation, taking into consideration the land cost and the construction cost, and at the end of the day, share the profit,” he explained.

“With certain landowners with whom we are negotiating now, the profit sharing could be as high as 50:50,” he added.

In fact, YFG is now in talks with some landowners outside Iskandar to construct affordable houses there.

“We want to help middle-income earners own a decent property. Affordable to me reflects a property that ranges between RM350 and RM400 psf, depending on location of course.”

Although it is in serious talks with some landowners, the company is yet to sign an agreement with one, he noted.

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2013/9/10793/yfg-mulls-building-affordable-houses

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are launchng a new condo called D'Suites @ Horizon Hills. I just received an invitation to the preview on Sept 14th, being held together with the Mooncake Festival celebration. Its from 4pm to 9pm. Have been told that the prices are as follows:

1 bedroom (Type D1) - 633 sq ft, price from RM457,800 to RM546,800
2 bedroom (Type C ) - 845 sq ft, price from RM650,800 to RM783,800
3 bedroom (Type B ) - 1058sq ft, price from RM799,800 to RM934,800
3 bedroom (Type B1) - 1067 sq ft, price from RM832,800 to RM944,800
3+1 bedroom (Type A) - 1472 sq ft, price from RM1,103,800 to RM1,215,800
Penthouse A - 2521 sq ft, price from RM2,368,800 to RM2,413,800
Penthouse B - 1942 sq ft, price from RM1,874,800 to RM1,907,800

I am not recommending or buying, just informing you guys/gals.

That's about $800 psf :eek:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Affordable to local middle income group means $350-400 psf outside Iskandar. For a small 2000 sqft terrace, this is about $800k RM.

calculation based on land, not built up. small terrace is 20x70. so 350-400 psf x 1400= 490 - 560K. which is BDO recent launch price.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
calculation based on land, not built up. small terrace is 20x70. so 350-400 psf x 1400= 490 - 560K. which is BDO recent launch price.

My habit to use built-up for comparison against condos. So it should be land area and now the $500k RM quantum looks more affordable to the young middle class around 30 years old. With this new figure and the news of the desperate developer that cannot secure low cost land, it seems that those in the young middle class will have difficulty buying new launch, so they will have to settle for re-sale landed, while the sellers upgrade to the new G&G landed. Having said that, I have difficulty finding new launches around $500k RM except for a few pockets of new developments in Tebrau and towards the eastern side of JB.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's about $800 psf :eek:

Yes, am sure Sky Trees wont be lower than that. We're approaching 1K psf for condos in the better Nusajaya neighbourhoods, may hit that price by end next year. But at 800psf, its still a better buy than D'Inspire, all things considered.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, am sure Sky Trees wont be lower than that. We're approaching 1K psf for condos in the better Nusajaya neighbourhoods, may hit that price by end next year. But at 800psf, its still a better buy than D'Inspire, all things considered.

The basis for investing in real estate has remained unchanged despite the hype. The old rules of rentability, competition, amenities, holding power (not only yours but your fellow neighbours too) has always been applicable across the globe. Stick to it and most people will be fine. Good luck.