• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG all depends on location 1......The west side rental has been really high lately.... My aunt secured a 4 room HDB rent for S$2.9K in Jurong West, and it's not even near MRT. My agent's 2 bedder condo unit, Caspian, was rented out at $3.8k (fully furnished).

My one not so gd though. Recently rented out the 3 bedder condo (west area) for $3.5K only, but it's 10 years old resale condo liao.... Generally, SG properties gd for long term investment cos easier to get quality tenants. JB better for self-stay & capital gains, i feel....

West side is expanding its commercial and industrial activities, but there is not sufficient land for residential. So tenants have no choice but to accept the higher rents if they want to stay near their workplace.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG all depends on location 1......The west side rental has been really high lately.... My aunt secured a 4 room HDB rent for S$2.9K in Jurong West, and it's not even near MRT. My agent's 2 bedder condo unit, Caspian, was rented out at $3.8k (fully furnished).

my condo same stack 2 bedder i heard only 2.5k pm only.. but very old condo, maybe that's why. next to future MRT. hopefully will see rental upside when mrt up.

Generally, SG properties gd for long term investment cos easier to get quality tenants. JB better for self-stay & capital gains, i feel....

i also feel you feel right. btw i tried looking for the molek haven site the other day, but at nite, cannot find. where is it from the ocbc huh?
from ponderosa / molek juntion, turn left, straight, then at the petronas juntion, after that how to go arrh?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
my condo same stack 2 bedder i heard only 2.5k pm only.. but very old condo, maybe that's why. next to future MRT. hopefully will see rental upside when mrt up.

i also feel you feel right. btw i tried looking for the molek haven site the other day, but at nite, cannot find. where is it from the ocbc huh?
from ponderosa / molek juntion, turn left, straight, then at the petronas juntion, after that how to go arrh?

i am surprised. even HDB nowadays can easily rent out 2.5K, your condo should be able to fetch min 3k

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am surprised. even HDB nowadays can easily rent out 2.5K, your condo should be able to fetch min 3k

it's an old condo lah. but the 2.5k is what i heard from a neighbour (tenant) downstair.. maybe other units better rental, I dunno. But thanks for your support! Next time when i want to rent , i will ask 3k ! :smile:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's an old condo lah. but the 2.5k is what i heard from a neighbour (tenant) downstair.. maybe other units better rental, I dunno. But thanks for your support! Next time when i want to rent , i will ask 3k ! :smile:

A rental tip is to make your unit attractive. You may need to spend a bit of money like new coat of paint, new white goods/appliances, but you can recoup this. 2 years ago we rented out our 2 bedroom condo in the East @ 4.3K when 3 bedrooms in same development were struggling to get the same rental.The tenant chose ours although his company budget allowed for a 3 bedroom , because he liked our unit best and didnt need a very big place( family of 3).The going rent then for a 2 bedroom was 3.5K, so the extra 800 we got per month over 2 years more than covered all our costs in doing it up.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

maybe rent in the east is higher generally. I and friends have to move out last year because the landlord got greedy and wanted to raise the rent of his 30+ years ols hdb from 2200 to 2700 pm

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi chocolate and graveyard thanks for the tips..! appreciate it. yes my condo indeed needs a makeover! but traditionally my area here isn't famous for its' good rental.
we'll see how in a few years time - new MRT coming soon!

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will soon or later.

Condo projects are oversupply. Thats not enough good decent landed house project like Leisure Farm or Lenang Height (wrong location).

I thought there's a lot more landed houses than condo in JB... I was told condos there are more in demand and higher value due to security & facilities, and for some condos, nice views. I suppose gated & guarded landed houses & facilities are very limited in number today

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
D'Inspire is not in Bukit Indah. Its on the Bestari side. There should be a big price difference from across the road. But it seems KSL is trying to sell at super high price, it isnt the same as Bukit indah and definitely you're not getting SP Setia standard or brand name.

Yea I guess, I heard SP Setia's Executive Sky Suites across the road resale selling RM700psf but bare unit

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zeti denies that Bank Negara may impose more curbs on home loans

Posted on August 22, 2013 - Property News.

Investment analysts reassured by this statement although they are cautious about potential Budget 2014 announcements.

Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) will not introduce new measures to curb household debt as the current ones are sufficient and have produced the expected results, said Governor Tan Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz (pic) yesterday. This was reported by Bernama after Zeti announced the country’s second quarter growth.

Recent reports cited industry sources expecting more measures aimed at “cooling” the property market, such as further tightening the loan-to-value (LTV) ratio for property purchases and the removal of the developer interest-bearing scheme (DIBS) in the fourth quarter or next year by Bank Negara.

“No, we have not introduced any such measures. We have already announced the measures much earlier and those are the ones in place and we have already seen that the household debt has moderated slightly.”

On July 5, BNM announced a set of measures aimed at curbing excessive household debts: a 10-year cap on the tenure for personal loans, a 35-year limit on both housing and non-residential property loans, as well as a prohibition on pre-approved personal financing products.

We did not want to see a significant tightening that will cause an over-adjustment because we are depending on consumption activity which is sustainable and therefore, however, we did not want to see household indebtedness that was not sustainable that would, going forward, undermine our growth prospects,” Zeti said.

At this stage, BNM would continue to monitor closely the level of indebtedness and continue with its financial literacy awareness campaigns so that household financials were better managed, she said.

Kenanga investment research analysts commented that they are “positively reassured” by Bank Negara’s statement.

“This firms our theory that overly drastic measures on the sector may affect GDP growth, have a negative cascading effect on the banking system if asset values are affected and more importantly hinders the government’s ability to monetize their infrastructure projects (e.g. rail plus property for LRT and MRT) and their landbanks (e.g. TRX).”

Kenanga also mentioned concerns on the upcoming Budget 2014. “Potential measures include RPGT hikes which we opine is less detrimental to new launches (i.e. listed developers sales) vs. secondary market. Others include stamp duty hikes.

“Nonetheless we are likely to maintain ‘overweight’ on the sector because we believe there will be strong demand for new launches by virtue of better financing terms while many will try to hedge ahead of inflation caused by potential GST, subsidy rationalizations and implementation of Build-Then-Sell schemes. However, we qualify that this is caveat on no major changes in our House strategy.”

“We expect property stocks to rebound today from this reassuring news although we advice investors to be mindful of the Oct-2013 headwinds (UMNO elections and Budget 2014).

“However, if Budget 2014 property measures is not overly severe (e.g. seen in last 3 years), we can expect the sector to rally after a short knee-jerk/breather period.”

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also feel you feel right. btw i tried looking for the molek haven site the other day, but at nite, cannot find. where is it from the ocbc huh?from ponderosa / molek juntion, turn left, straight, then at the petronas juntion, after that how to go arrh?

At Petronas junction, you should turn right. You should then see it liao after ard 300m, as it will be on your left (wet mkt on the right). Turn left at the next traffic junction, and you will reach liao. So actually, thanks to EDL, there's only 2 traffic lights from CIQ to the place: 1 at Petronas junction, and the other one right at the development itself.....

Condos near future MRT will suffer from rental drop now, due to congestion and pollution arising from the MRT works. But it should rise at least 15% following completion of works.....haha

Sg_JB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone interested in 8scape @ Iskandar? It is on the edge of Taman Sutera/Perling, so guest got to drive in a bit from the Perling main road. Just posted for info.

preview on 24 - 25 August 2013 from 10.00am to 5.00pm

Date: 24 - 25 August 2013 (Johor Bahru preview)
Time: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: : #01-01 & 01-02, Jalan Titiwangsa 1, KIP Villa Indah, Taman Tampoi Indah, 81200, Johor Bahru, Johor.

Attachments

• 8scape_Flyer_V4_02-1.1.jpg
    8scape_Flyer_V4_02-1.1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 383

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
At Petronas junction, you should turn right. You should then see it liao after ard 300m, as it will be on your left (wet mkt on the right). Turn left at the next traffic junction, and you will reach liao. So actually, thanks to EDL, there's only 2 traffic lights from CIQ to the place: 1 at Petronas junction, and the other one right at the development itself.....

Condos near future MRT will suffer from rental drop now, due to congestion and pollution arising from the MRT works. But it should rise at least 15% following completion of works.....haha

ohh.. there ah. I think i passed by already , didn't realize it's molek haven. must go look see more carefully.
from EDL it's very near, but a few things (1) tebrau jam (2) that funny u turn (3) the squatter area at the start of jln bumi hijauan is off putting.
but once turn left at redang into tmn molek.. very nice!

as for my condo, no lah, the whole area rental is so-so only cos too many here, it's a condo belt in the west. MRT coming next door, but also two new dev't across the road with combined 800++ units coming online in the coming 4 years. that would cap my rental.

Last edited:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received SMS from agent. The Shoreline at Sembawang 99-yrs LH semi-d costed S$3.8mil :eek:

I think as Singapore runs out of land to build more landed houses and as its citizens aspire to landed living, JB landed should continue to see good appreciation in price, esp. Gated and guarded. And even more so as the RTS gets built and HSR and Puteri ferry services as Singaporeans can then commute to work here easily. And also with the strict CM in Singapore, no wonder JB property prices are increasing. I believe it should continue to increase with the grand Iskandar plan and with Singapore's population target of 6.9 m by 2030, hence investing in a unit in JB.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another Malaysian govt and S'pore govt JV. Wonder what is the name and location of this project. Most probably at Medini.

Sunway bags RM282.9m Khazanah-Temasek project

KUALA LUMPUR: Sunway Bhd has secured a RM282.9mil contract from Khazanah Nasional Bhd and Temasek Holdings (Pte) Ltd joint venture to undertake a development project.

Sunway said on Friday its unit Sunway Construction Sdn Bhd had accepted the letter of award from the JV company Pulau Indah ventures Sdn Bhd. The location of the project was not disclosed.

The urban wellness project comprises of a five-storey building for corporate training, a four-storey health centre, car parks and a 23-storey block of service apartments.

"The proposed project is expected to commence on Sept 1, 2013 and completed by Oct 31, 2015 with a construction period of 26 months. It is expected to contribute positively to the earnings of Sunway Group from the financial year ending Dec 31, 2014 onwards," said Sunway.

herbalman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This 'Urban Wellness' project is a 5-acre site in Medini North, Iskandar Malaysia. CapitaLand Limited is the project manager overseeing the development.

(Excerpt fr theedgemalaysia)

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its Afiniti residences..

Another Malaysian govt and S'pore govt JV. Wonder what is the name and location of this project. Most probably at Medini.

Sunway bags RM282.9m Khazanah-Temasek project

KUALA LUMPUR: Sunway Bhd has secured a RM282.9mil contract from Khazanah Nasional Bhd and Temasek Holdings (Pte) Ltd joint venture to undertake a development project.

Sunway said on Friday its unit Sunway Construction Sdn Bhd had accepted the letter of award from the JV company Pulau Indah ventures Sdn Bhd. The location of the project was not disclosed.

The urban wellness project comprises of a five-storey building for corporate training, a four-storey health centre, car parks and a 23-storey block of service apartments.

"The proposed project is expected to commence on Sept 1, 2013 and completed by Oct 31, 2015 with a construction period of 26 months. It is expected to contribute positively to the earnings of Sunway Group from the financial year ending Dec 31, 2014 onwards," said Sunway.