• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many are trying to dispose at RM 500psf. No takers. My agents are telling me the same thing when I asked them to sell my houses to keep profits. Everywhere u go in Iskandar, the sentence :" Sellers asking an empty market" lingers. There are just too many competition. Lets not forget JB population is maybe not even 1 million but they are building and building condos all over the places

malaysian market = easy to buy, difficult to sell.

for those buying high end condos, don't forget to ask where the rubbish chute is. cos in m'sia, the standard of condos is normally the rubbish chute is a common chute in a room. this is a common question that is not asked, especially singaporeans who assume each unit has their own rubbish chute. for a high end condo, i want the rubbish chute in the bay area of my unit, not have to go out to throw.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many are trying to dispose at RM 500psf. No takers. My agents are telling me the same thing when I asked them to sell my houses to keep profits. Everywhere u go in Iskandar, the sentence :" Sellers asking an empty market" lingers. There are just too many competition. Lets not forget JB population is maybe not even 1 million but they are building and building condos all over the places

and i dont seee buyers snapping up horizon residence, ujana, fairway suites in a rush. And thats when so many condos and projects are under construction

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
坡底 more ppl n vibrant, on foot, by car, by bus. ba long long there longer in time. Zone A.

Zone B, buy car, by bus. ba long long there shorter in time. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Highlight: KL-S'pore high-speed rail feasibility study to be completed by end-July

Tuesday, 9 July 2013
by Kamarul Anwar and Fatin Rasyiqah Mustaza of theedgemalaysia.com on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 04:25Parliament (July 9)
: Feasibility studies on the high-speed rail (HSR) link connecting Kuala Lumpur to Singapore is in the final stages and should be completed by the end of this month, said Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Nancy Shukri.In response to a question from Teresa Kok Suh Sim (DAP-Seputeh) in Parliament on the status of the HSR project, Nancy said the final technical report which should be submitted by the end of July, comprises the project's cost and building plans."We have yet to share this information with the Singaporean government. As you know, this project involves two countries (Malaysia and Singapore)."So, it will be unfair if we do not tell them first," said Nancy today.She did not elaborate on the report's details and also did not indicate whether the project will be handed out on an open-tender basis but added that the HSR link will involve "major stations" in states between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.According to Malaysia's Land Public Transport Commission's website, there will be five transit stations between the two cities.
While Nancy did not divulge more details on the ambitious project, YTL Corp Bhd's Tan Sri Francis Yeoh has publicly declared that he is interested in handling the project.

Indeed, it was Yeoh who first mooted the idea of a HSR connecting Singapore to Malaysia's capital years ago.

It was also reported that tycoon Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary, through a consortium comprising his company MMC Corp Bhd and Gamuda Bhd, is also keen in taking a stab at the project.

The consortium is currently building the first phase of the Mass Rapid Transit project in the Klang Valley.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Highlight: KL-S'pore high-speed rail feasibility study to be completed by end-July

Tuesday, 9 July 2013
by Kamarul Anwar and Fatin Rasyiqah Mustaza of theedgemalaysia.com on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 04:25Parliament (July 9)
: Feasibility studies on the high-speed rail (HSR) link connecting Kuala Lumpur to Singapore is in the final stages and should be completed by the end of this month, said Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Nancy Shukri.In response to a question from Teresa Kok Suh Sim (DAP-Seputeh) in Parliament on the status of the HSR project, Nancy said the final technical report which should be submitted by the end of July, comprises the project's cost and building plans."We have yet to share this information with the Singaporean government. As you know, this project involves two countries (Malaysia and Singapore)."So, it will be unfair if we do not tell them first," said Nancy today.She did not elaborate on the report's details and also did not indicate whether the project will be handed out on an open-tender basis but added that the HSR link will involve "major stations" in states between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.According to Malaysia's Land Public Transport Commission's website, there will be five transit stations between the two cities.
While Nancy did not divulge more details on the ambitious project, YTL Corp Bhd's Tan Sri Francis Yeoh has publicly declared that he is interested in handling the project.

Indeed, it was Yeoh who first mooted the idea of a HSR connecting Singapore to Malaysia's capital years ago.

It was also reported that tycoon Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary, through a consortium comprising his company MMC Corp Bhd and Gamuda Bhd, is also keen in taking a stab at the project.

The consortium is currently building the first phase of the Mass Rapid Transit project in the Klang Valley.

Drum please.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
UEM Sunrise targets launches with RM4b GDV

Your window to Malaysia
Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Font-size: A | A | A
by Rosalynn Poh of The Edge Malaysia on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 16:00

In terms of landbank, the developer fully owns about 6,000 acres in Nusajaya and nearly 3,500 acres outside of Nusajaya.

Strong demand in Nusajaya

"Demand for our property launches has been very successful, especially in Nusajaya. There has been a slight slowdown in the central region but we are still bullish about our projects there because they are in good locations. We hope to launch our Bangi project — a 164-acre township — by the end of the year. In Johor, we ended 2012 with a bang, with the launch of the RM1.2 billion Teega condominiums in Puteri Harbour. It is almost fully sold and 60% of the buyers are foreigners, mainly Singaporeans," he says.

UEM Sunrise has a number of launches lined up in Nusajaya this year, including apartments, bungalows, terraced houses and townhouses.

Wan Abdullah says there are five categories of buyers for their Johor properties. They include Malaysians with permanent resident status working in Singapore. "They are looking for a home they can retire to after their stint in Singapore ends. Then, there are Singaporeans who have businesses in Johor and frequent Johor almost daily. They have finally found a place that is safe, secure, has best-in-class architecture and is a sustainable development with infrastructure and high-speed broadband.

"The third category is Singaporeans who want to buy a weekend home at a fraction of the price they have to pay at home. For example, a three-bedroom apartment in Marina Bay costs about RM11 million. For that price, you can buy two bungalows and one semi-detached house in Nusajaya and still have some loose change for fit-outs. Next are the expatriates who work in Singapore and love the Asian lifestyle and may want to retire in this part of the world. The Malaysia My Second Home programme facilitates their entry into the country

."Finally, there are the buyers from the region as a whole — from India right up to China. These people frequent Singapore, be it for education, commerce, business, healthcare or lifestyle. Singaporean's nightlife is vibrant with a lot of activities and tourist attractions. It is pretty expensive to buy in Singapore today and you can travel from East Ledang [in Nusajaya] to Orchard Road in 25 minutes during the off-peak traffic period," he adds.

Wan Abdullah says that Johoreans are also getting into the action as they are seeing something that they have not seen in Johor Baru before. "There are a lot of developers in Johor, including S P Setia Bhd and now Mah Sing Group Bhd. In Nusajaya, they get to see world-class infrastructure — not only good roads but good security as well."

When it comes to Nusajaya, Wan Abdullah says, "The feeling is we should have gotten more projects onto the market as the demand there is really good".

Among projects to look out for are Emerald Bay @ Puteri Harbour — a joint-venture project with Bandar Raya Developments Bhd. To be launched in July, the development comprises waterfront properties, including link homes, semi-detached homes and bungalows.

Then there's the 270-acre Motorsports City, which motorsports enthusiasts can look forward to, he says. The integrated mixed-use commercial development, with a GDV of RM3 billion, will be jointly developed with FASTrack Autosports Pte Ltd. It will include an F1-compliant test track, showrooms, service centres, F&B outlets and an entertainment hub.

Another much-anticipated project is the Ascendas Tech Park — a joint-venture with Ascendas Pte Ltd, with a GDV of close to RM4 billion on a 500-acre tract.

Perhaps the most used phrase by the developer over the past few years is the "tipping point" of Nusajaya. "The tipping point of Nusajaya has come and gone. We believe we have projected it accurately. A lot of the initiatives we have put into Nusajaya over the last five years have borne fruit and are thriving — among them: EduCity, the theme parks, Puteri Harbour and Traders Hotel. This has been reflected in our sales record. We did not achieve our targeted sales for 2012 but that was not the case for Nusajaya.

"Perhaps the takeaway of the tipping point is this — we are never satisfied with what we have. The rollout of the Ascendas Tech Park and Motorsports City are the first of the second wave of catalyst projects. The first wave included the State Administrative Centre, the theme parks, EduCity and Puteri Harbour. We want to identify more of these projects as we are never satisfied and want to reinvent and think through what would be required," he explains.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
High-speed rail tender may start year-end
SHAREN KAUR
Published: 2013/07/11

KL-SINGAPORE LINK: Proof that the 400km rail project is viable, say sources

THE government may call for an international open tender for the high-speed rail (HSR) link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore by the end of this year.

This indicates that the 400km project is viable, said people with first-hand knowledge of the matter.

The Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) has been carrying out a feasibility study on the HSR project since early last year.

The study includes a detailed assessment on the technical and engineering aspects, cost, financial and operations, and economic benefit of the project.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Nancy Shukri said on Tuesday the government is finalising details of the technical engineering and feasibility study, adding that a full report is expected by the end of this month.

The project, which was agreed in principle between Malaysia and Singapore in February this year, is targeted for completion by 2020.

The rail link is expected to cost around RM40 billion. This includes RM10 billion to buy high-speed bullet trains.

According to sources, there will be mandatory requirements in the tender procurement that companies must meet before they can make a bid.

These include having a few years of expertise in running high-speed trains and operating railway lines, a source said.
"The other considerations would include transfer of technology, the type of systems used and costs. The government expects train manufacturers from Europe or China to be among the key players," the source said.

Business Times reported recently that several local and foreign firms are in talks to form consortiums.

MMC Corp Bhd may team up with Gamuda Bhd and Chinese and European system integrators.

YTL Corp Bhd, controlled by Tan Sri Francis Yeoh, may bid for the HSR project with Spanish bullet train maker Talgo or CAF.

UEM Group Bhd, meanwhile, is working with Ara Group, founded by Tan Sri Ravindran Menon, to form a consortium with European companies that may also include Talgo.

Global Rail, a railway engineering firm owned by Fan Boon Heng, is talking to Canada's Bombardier Inc and Chinese firm China Railway Group.

Read more: High-speed rail tender may start year-end http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_Ne...index_html#.Ud3o8RcW0WA.twitter#ixzz2Yh8xDa4V

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
[B]Johor to amend Housing Enactment[/B]

Jul 11, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my
To provide citizens greater chances to their own homes, Johor is mulling to amend its Housing Enactment by increasing the current quota of affordable priced homes in developments.

“We want to ensure more people in Johor can afford to own houses,” said Housing and Local Government Chairman Datuk Datuk Abdul Latif Bandi, adding that the amendment will also attract wealthy foreigners to buy their second home in Johor.

Notably, the amendments will require developers to allocate 40 percent of their projects for affordable priced houses, up from the current requirement of 20 percent, 30 percent or 35 percent. Affordable priced homes in Johor refer to landed or high-rise properties priced between RM150,000 and RM250,000, explained Abdul Latif.

“For now, the quota for affordable houses has been approved by the local council. With the amendment, it will come under the state government.”

The proposed amendments will be discussed at the state assembly and is expected to be implemented by end-2013, he added.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buyers not qualified will have to pay more to subsidise e qualified buyers. It might push up e price by 10% at least.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking for more fun ahead.

tallest-in-JB.jpg

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
IIB to control land sales in Iskandar

Jul 12, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my
Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB) will not be selling land actively for now to maintain a limited number of developments in the Iskandar economic zone and help investors earn money.

The 'controlled release' strategy is also necessary as Iskandar Malaysia is still a “relatively small and fragile” region, said IIB President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Datuk Syed Mohamed Ibrahim.

The last land deals signed by IIB were for two properties with a combined gross development value (GDV) of RM4.6billion.

Wee Soon Chit, Executive Director of Landserve (Johor) Sdn Bhd, said IIB has always been selective on their buyers, although the entry of a premium developer may still prompt IIB to re-consider.

“I believe it is good to control now. Even UEM Land Holdings Bhd has not been openly selling land now. As it is, there are so many mixed developments with plot ratio of 1:6 that are under construction or planning. I feel it is timely to control now before it is too late,” said Wee.

Currently, Iskandar is at the middle of Phase 2 called “Strengthening and Growth.” To end in 2015, this phase will see investments total to US$24 billion (RM76.3 billion). Phase 3 from 2016 to 2025 will focus on progressive and sustainable developments.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB set to become a vibrant metropolis

Jul 12, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my
Thanks to a multi-billion ringgit transformation project, the Johor Bahru city centre is on course to become a bustling metropolis in the next five to seven years, according to Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin.

In particular, the revitalisation and rejuvenation of the Sungai River, which commenced last month, marked the impressive plan to transform the area, he said, adding that both the Johor Bahru City Council (MBJB) and the Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) are in-charge of monitoring the progress of the project.

“Johor Bahru denisens could look forward to a new city centre when the transformation project is completed in years to come,” he said.

Under the JB transformation project, buildings with historical and architectural significance will be preserved, while those with none will make way for newer edifices. As a result, the new city centre would blend together old and new elements.

Furthermore, the rehabilitation work is expected to transform a portion of the Sungai Segget (1.2km) into a world class tourist attraction, added Mohamed Khaled.

Meanwhile, IRDA CEO Datuk Ismail Ibrahim noted that it would take around two years to revitalise and rehabilitate the river into a new landmark.

Notably, phase I of the project entails the construction of centralize sewerage treatment plant (CSWP) to improve water quality by reducing pollutant loads spilling into the Straits of Tebrau.

This would be followed with the opening up of the river that flows along Jalan Wong Ah Fook in down town Johor Bahru.

“The success of the river rehabilitation project will be the focal point of the entire redevelopment project of the city centre,” he added.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
J
Furthermore, the rehabilitation work is expected to transform a portion of the Sungai Segget (1.2km) into a world class tourist attraction, added Mohamed Khaled.

Meanwhile, IRDA CEO Datuk Ismail Ibrahim noted that it would take around two years to revitalise and rehabilitate the river into a new landmark.

Notably, phase I of the project entails the construction of centralize sewerage treatment plant (CSWP) to improve water quality by reducing pollutant loads spilling into the Straits of Tebrau.

T.

this i gotta see in 2 years time. 22 years ago, sungai segget (i don't call it sungai, it's a big open longkang) was so filthy, you could see rats the size of cats sitting inside it.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
this i gotta see in 2 years time. 22 years ago, sungai segget (i don't call it sungai, it's a big open longkang) was so filthy, you could see rats the size of cats sitting inside it.

This.seems.ambitious. Not sure.if JB can pull this off - the govt also gonna change the litterbugging culture and also remove those foreign workers, illegal street hawkers and lucky draw scammers

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not think it is an easy task. It can be clean at first. How to maintain it is the other question. Look at Singapore river.

I think they can do it. Look at the malacca river today. How it was transformed from a smelly muddy river to a tourist attraction within a few years.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
With PSA and all the shipyards together with the supporting industries moving to tuas within the next 10 years. Many MNCs relocating there too. Hundreds of thousands of new workers will converge at tuas. By then ferry service would be frequent, new road and rail links up and running and many expats would have their homes in nusajaya and puteri harbour. So who says there will be no critical mass to support the new condos in nusajaya and medini.

image.jpg