• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone been to the "Pre-launch sales" at Taman Gaya last Sunday?
2-st Cluster and 2-st Semi-houses at RM688800 and RM988800 (early bird price).

Just sharing..

Havent been there but not a big fan of Taman Gaya area though. My cousin stays in nearby Pelangi Indah, and she always complains that the prices around the area does not move much......

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I hope i dont come close to tat kind of scenario. Very very difficulat especially if one have both luving mum and wife. :o:smile:

I know the answer, they jokingly asked and then my wife and mum never asked me that after that.

I told them sincerely,

I will use one hand to grab onto my wife and the other hand my mum. I will push them both up with all my strength while i willingly drown.
I love them both too much and more than my own life.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, that has gotta be the best answer I have ever received. It touched right deep into my heart. May god bless u

I know the answer, they jokingly asked and then my wife and mum never asked me that after that.

I told them sincerely,

I will use one hand to grab onto my wife and the other hand my mum. I will push them both up with all my strength while i willingly drown.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes indeed, not forgetting nearby Puteri Wangsa and Cemerlang too.
Having said that, been to several houses in Pelangi Indah, especially those Semi-D (Tiara and pesona) are very nice.

Havent been there but not a big fan of Taman Gaya area though. My cousin stays in nearby Pelangi Indah, and she always complains that the prices around the area does not move much......

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I told them sincerely,

Wuqi, it is heartening to know that in times like this we still have people who values such undivided love in the most upright manner. I hope that i too belong in that league cos both of them have made alot of sacrifices for their children..that includes me.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey did anyone see these properties at Ponderosa side? Semi-D for 750k.
Although a bit small for a semi-D but absolute amount of RM750k is quite reasonable.

OK sorry... just as i wrote i realised it is a 99 year property... so do look out carefully

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey did anyone see these properties at Ponderosa side? Semi-D for 750k.
Although a bit small for a semi-D but absolute amount of RM750k is quite reasonable.

OK sorry... just as i wrote i realised it is a 99 year property... so do look out carefully

I have been to see them but I feel the built-up is quite small. The really luxurious freehold semi-d at Ponderosa (45 x 115) cost RM 1.6m to RM 1.8m . V nice, but no money lah......haha

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to see them but I feel the built-up is quite small. The really luxurious freehold semi-d at Ponderosa (45 x 115) cost RM 1.6m to RM 1.8m . V nice, but no money lah......haha

Something of that size was selling for 900k 4 years back... by the time i knew it already sold out :smile:
In general i like Berinda's house design and build quality... dun know if they are still maintaining that standard. The other nice property by them is along Skudai beside that dunno what golf course. Too bad they have nothing at the west.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something of that size was selling for 900k 4 years back... by the time i knew it already sold out :smile:
In general i like Berinda's house design and build quality... dun know if they are still maintaining that standard. The other nice property by them is along Skudai beside that dunno what golf course. Too bad they have nothing at the west.

The golf course is Impian Emas I think. Ever since they were taken over by the govt, their marketing has slacked considerably, and has only picked up recently. Personally, I find Tanah Sutera and Berinda's quality not bad. Ponderosa and Molek still have some land plots, so Berinda is likely to concentrate on these areas in the next few years esp with Japan Town.

Oh btw, I spoke to a Setia staff last weekend. He said Setia Tropika will not have a new mall, and will concentrate on restaurants instead. In my opinion, that somewhat dampens Setia Tropika's appeal though it's super near to causeway now via EDL (10-15 mins at 100 km/hr).

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Setia has launched the sky peak residences. Size ranges from 930 to 1730 sq ft. Commercial title. Check out if u guys are interested.

Bro, for the restaurants, is it just gonna be a row of shops? Agree that it would somewhat affect the residetial developments because its not the same without a shopping mall there.

The golf course is Impian Emas I think. Ever since they were taken over by the govt, their marketing has slacked considerably, and has only picked up recently. Personally, I find Tanah Sutera and Berinda's quality not bad. Ponderosa and Molek still have some land plots, so Berinda is likely to concentrate on these areas in the next few years esp with Japan Town.

Oh btw, I spoke to a Setia staff last weekend. He said Setia Tropika will not have a new mall, and will concentrate on restaurants instead. In my opinion, that somewhat dampens Setia Tropika's appeal though it's super near to causeway now via EDL (10-15 mins at 100 km/hr).

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
A new one called senibong villas by mahabuilders. It's big houses. semi-d and above. No terrace. Min 800k and above, after discount

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Setia has launched the sky peak residences. Size ranges from 930 to 1730 sq ft. Commercial title. Check out if u guys are interested.

Bro, for the restaurants, is it just gonna be a row of shops? Agree that it would somewhat affect the residetial developments because its not the same without a shopping mall there.

Once I heard they are not plannng for a mall, I din ask further whether its a row of shops. Those restaurants already there include: Mac, Pizza Hut, KFC and Starbucks. Apparently they are planning for Secret Recipe, Kenny Rogers, Papa Johns etc. You can see some of the proposed restaurants on their signboards near the expressway.

I think its a mistake not to have a mall there, given the upcoming condos. Probably Setia din want to let go of too much space to construct the mall but it is a shortsighted move in my opinion.......

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to 2 show houses yesterday after seeing the adverts on Sin Chew Daily on free refreshments provided... ^_^

- Taman Ehsan Jaya (Near Johor Jaya)
2 to 2.5 storey terrace houses going for betw RM 480K to RM 540K. Full wet kitchen extension done. Development looks fine, except that the roads leading to the development can be pretty jammed as it is shared by various Johor Jaya towns. It's a suburban local feel, rather than 'atas'. No SG cars at show house.

- Taman Bayu Puteri (between Taman Sentosa & Permas Jaya)
The semi-d are advertised as 'super semi-d' nested in the city. Indeed it's the longest semi-d I have seen ranging at 35 x 140, or 35 x 160. Cost betw RM 1.4m to RM 2m for semi-d. Drawback is its 99 year status. Rumoured that 99 year lease can be topped up in future. This is best for those retirees who are not looking at investment gain. I imagine resale or rent is pretty tough for this unit. Strongest selling pt is its prime location & proximity to future MRT. No SG cars at show house.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been to the bayu puteri. Visited the service apartments too. It's way too above valuation and the interior package is absolutely not up to standard for the price. And surrounded by all the low cost housings. That's why no one likes it ...

Went to 2 show houses yesterday after seeing the adverts on Sin Chew Daily on free refreshments provided... ^_^

- Taman Ehsan Jaya (Near Johor Jaya)
2 to 2.5 storey terrace houses going for betw RM 480K to RM 540K. Full wet kitchen extension done. Development looks fine, except that the roads leading to the development can be pretty jammed as it is shared by various Johor Jaya towns. It's a suburban local feel, rather than 'atas'. No SG cars at show house.

- Taman Bayu Puteri (between Taman Sentosa & Permas Jaya)
The semi-d are advertised as 'super semi-d' nested in the city. Indeed it's the longest semi-d I have seen ranging at 35 x 140, or 35 x 160. Cost betw RM 1.4m to RM 2m for semi-d. Drawback is its 99 year status. Rumoured that 99 year lease can be topped up in future. This is best for those retirees who are not looking at investment gain. I imagine resale or rent is pretty tough for this unit. Strongest selling pt is its prime location & proximity to future MRT. No SG cars at show house.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Setia Sky 88 will be the tallest building in Malaysia outside KL. Location seems odd, north facing is New York Hotel, south facing is in direction of SG. Indicative pricing is 700psf, Tower B will be launched first, in Q3 2012. Any opinions? The biggest disappointment is the lack of commercial development in the same building, like KSL just down the road.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once I heard they are not plannng for a mall, I din ask further whether its a row of shops. Those restaurants already there include: Mac, Pizza Hut, KFC and Starbucks. Apparently they are planning for Secret Recipe, Kenny Rogers, Papa Johns etc. You can see some of the proposed restaurants on their signboards near the expressway.

I think its a mistake not to have a mall there, given the upcoming condos. Probably Setia din want to let go of too much space to construct the mall but it is a shortsighted move in my opinion.......

But there are already so many malls in the vicinity - Giant across the road, Tesco next to it and Bukit Indah shopping centre just round the corner and rows and rows of commercial units within walking distance.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone interested or had bought units in the Tanah Sutera's SEED project near the Sutera Mall care to comment?
The TOP supposed to be 2013 and the apartment showflats looks quite impressive.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
But there are already so many malls in the vicinity - Giant across the road, Tesco next to it and Bukit Indah shopping centre just round the corner and rows and rows of commercial units within walking distance.

Hi Snowbird, you may have mixed up Setia's "Bukit Indah" with "Setia Tropika". No complaints about Bukit Indah's facilities and convenience but Setia Tropika, while super near to the causeway now, does lack a bit in the amenities aspect.