• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Never ever let the Ah Nehs at Trad*pac (SLS 5th Flr) assemble your PC!!

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Must do homework first mah before going there

Btw Bus driver should take photo of the rig internal parts mah to show us whether its new or old item.

Last edited:

UCLuvv05

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I go shopping at SLS... I don't do business with:

1) All shops not selling computer parts. They are located in Level 1, 2 and 3. They usually sell luggage, cameras, consumer electronics etc.

2) Computer shops owned/manned by shitskins.

I only buy from Video Pro, Fuwell, Cybermind (and sometimes Bliss and Bell).

And if possible, try and assemble your PC yourself. It shouldn't be hard to learn.

-----

I still remember the good (bad?) ol' days of SLS in the mid-late 1990s and early 2000s, when many shops were selling pirated games and apps.
1 CD for $5, 2 CDs for $8, 3 CDs for $10.
Occasionally there would be raids, and one time I witnessed everyone panicking and pulling down their shop shutters in a frenzy. There was plenty of shouting and screaming. Apparently, the security guards had tipped them off regarding an incoming raid from the police/BSA.

Those 3 shops are reliable but their prices are at least 15% above shops like PC Themes and Tradepac. Recommend beginners buy/build at PC Themes, but really nothing beats doing your own research and sourcing/building your own PC with prices so dirt cheap nowadays.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alternatively you can try buying from overseas sites like newegg or computerlinke. Newegg is a US site that doesn't accept foreign cc excpet for citibank. Computerlinke is a HK based company and their prices are pretty cheap and good and they accept payment by paypal.

Local online stores include potterhouse. Free delivery. Not the cheapest but super convinent. I order from there if i need to get bulky stuff like my pc casing or my pc monitor.

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If u 1 2 diy...go hwz n 6 4 a forummer Fortain...cheap, goot, full sys he bring 2 ur hse n assy in front of u.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok, happy to see so many experts here. Anyone can help me? My budget $500 only to build a CPU(No need screen)

Must be able to play Diablo III.

Is it possible to build one with this budget? Im serious...right now no desktop at home...So anyone can list down the parts I need and the estimated cost?

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, happy to see so many experts here. Anyone can help me? My budget $500 only to build a CPU(No need screen)

Is it possible to build one with this budget? Im serious...right now no desktop at home...So anyone can list down the parts I need and the estimated cost?

To play Diablo 3, $500 is a bit tough.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought assembled PC from ah neh shop before. Other than a long wait for the assembly, the PC was okay.

Get it assembled from the shop bus64 mentioned. Also there's a huge difference bet pc being ok and the parts being old and all done up in a farked up way. I certainly wouldn't want my pc to have old parts and the inside all messy as if done by a 1st timer.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

$500 to build a gaming system from scratch? The processor and graphics card alone will kill most of your budget. RAM is cheap. Housing and cooling system will be quite abit as well.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Newegg has good prices but unfortunately they don't send stuff to addresses outside the US :(

You can always use the tons of mail forwarding services or citibank's concierge service. Alternatively buy from stores nearer to sg like HK stores computerlinke for eg although they sometimes lie to you that they have parts in stock when they don't and they'll take your money and it'll take longer to order from the supplier. Potterhouse is quite ok although i would say sometimes he sells refunded pc parts.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those 3 shops are reliable but their prices are at least 15% above shops like PC Themes and Tradepac. Recommend beginners buy/build at PC Themes, but really nothing beats doing your own research and sourcing/building your own PC with prices so dirt cheap nowadays.

You can simply go to the main page of fuckwarezone and d/l the pricelist of these pc stores. Very simple to do or just ask on local forums like vr zone, hwz etc.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$500 to build a gaming system from scratch? The processor and graphics card alone will kill most of your budget. RAM is cheap. Housing and cooling system will be quite abit as well.

Btw i just got my new i7 2600k and asus maximum iv genez/gen 3 mobo and ddr3 1600mhz rams. Really good mobo and cpu. Without even stress testing i managed to get up to 4.6ghz 1866mhz ram speed and completed a few game benches. Since it's a gen3 mobo it can make use of pci-e 3.0 video cards like the new 7970, very good future proofing. Has sata III ports too and the best thing is it can even support ivy bridge cpus that will be coming out in april. Couldn't wait that long and had to get my new hardware ASAP. Really beat my old lga775 dfi mobo that made overclocking so difficult.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

500 really too low to get decent hardware. Ivy bridge cpus and mobos will be coming out in april so the present sandy bridge cpus will go down in price. nvidia will also be releasing the 600 series video cards so the 500 series will also drop in price or get a low end 7000 amd card.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw i just got my new i7 2600k and asus maximum iv genez/gen 3 mobo and ddr3 1600mhz rams. Really good mobo and cpu. Without even stress testing i managed to get up to 4.6ghz 1866mhz ram speed and completed a few game benches. Since it's a gen3 mobo it can make use of pci-e 3.0 video cards like the new 7970, very good future proofing. Has sata III ports too and the best thing is it can even support ivy bridge cpus that will be coming out in april. Couldn't wait that long and had to get my new hardware ASAP. Really beat my old lga775 dfi mobo that made overclocking so difficult.

What are your fps for intensive games such as Crysis and Battlefield 3?