• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netizens urge Dr Tan Cheng Bock to ‘make Singapore great again’

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then again from 2015 till now 2019 about 4 years. Basic living and mindset of an average sinkie may have changed. It’s very hard to tell :unsure:
no doubt on what you've said.... but you should also know from '15 to the present:.. how many times has the MRT broke down..... kopi O is 80cts in 2015...now it's $1.10... . oil prices in 2015 is past $100... now it's below $60.... the list can go on....but WTF... are the 6 WP MP doing in parliment

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
no doubt on what you've said.... but you should also know from '15 to the present:.. how many times has the MRT broke down..... kopi O is 80cts in 2015...now it's $1.10... . oil prices in 2015 is past $100... now it's below $60.... the list can go on....but WTF... are the 6 WP MP doing in parliment

I know what you meant but without them life will be more worse :frown:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans have to decide who can serve them better, says Heng Swee Keat on Tan Cheng Bock's new political party
Dr Tan Cheng Bock and Law and Home Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam posing for a photo together at Chong Pang hawker centre.
PHOTO: Facebook/Tan Cheng Bock

AMELIA TENG
THE STRAITS TIMES

Jan 21, 2019
FacebookTwitterGoogle+Email

SINGAPORE - Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat said Singaporeans will need to decide who can better serve them, in response to former People's Action Party (PAP) MP Tan Cheng Bock's return to politics.
Dr Tan's move to form a political party is "a development that is not totally unexpected", Mr Heng said on Sunday (Jan 20) on the sidelines of a community event in Tampines.

"Singaporeans will have to decide on who can serve them better, and I will leave Singaporeans to make that judgment," he said.

Mr Heng, first assistant secretary-general of the ruling PAP, is the first PAP leader to weigh in on news of Dr Tan setting up a political party.

READ ALSO
Tan Cheng Bock applies to form new Progress Singapore Party
Last Friday, Dr Tan, 78, announced that he had applied last Wednesday to register the Progress Singapore Party, which includes 11 other "like-minded Singaporeans", some of whom are former PAP cadres.
The six-term MP, who retired from politics in 2006, lost narrowly to Dr Tony Tan Keng Yam in the 2011 Presidential Election. He resigned from the PAP that year.
The next general election must be held by April 2021.
In a Facebook post on Sunday, Law and Home Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam said he bumped into Dr Tan Cheng Bock last Saturday (Jan 19) during his usual morning walkabout at Chong Pang hawker centre and the nearby coffee shops.
"I told Dr Tan to come more often. I tell this to a lot (of) people - good for business in Chong Pang," he said, adding that he also took a photograph with Dr Tan.
Dr Tan also posted on Facebook photographs from his breakfast in Chong Pang. In one of them, he was seen with former National Solidarity Party acting secretary-general Hazel Poa, who contested in the 2011 General Election.
Ms Poa could not be contacted for comment.
This article was first published in The Straits Times. Permission required for reproduction.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Y I read this thread title and I laff?

If TCB alone can make sg great, he must be a god. Lol :biggrin:

I don't think he alone can unseat the PAP in any given GRC since the PAP has been so entrenched and laid so many booby traps waiting to ambush any oppo candidate. You need a dream team; just like the time when the WP first won their GRC battle with GY anchoring his PAP team.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans have to decide who can serve them better, says Heng Swee Keat on Tan Cheng Bock's new political party
Dr Tan Cheng Bock and Law and Home Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam posing for a photo together at Chong Pang hawker centre.
PHOTO: Facebook/Tan Cheng Bock

AMELIA TENG
THE STRAITS TIMES

Jan 21, 2019
FacebookTwitterGoogle+Email

SINGAPORE - Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat said Singaporeans will need to decide who can better serve them, in response to former People's Action Party (PAP) MP Tan Cheng Bock's return to politics.
Dr Tan's move to form a political party is "a development that is not totally unexpected", Mr Heng said on Sunday (Jan 20) on the sidelines of a community event in Tampines.

"Singaporeans will have to decide on who can serve them better, and I will leave Singaporeans to make that judgment," he said.

Mr Heng, first assistant secretary-general of the ruling PAP, is the first PAP leader to weigh in on news of Dr Tan setting up a political party.

READ ALSO
Tan Cheng Bock applies to form new Progress Singapore Party
Last Friday, Dr Tan, 78, announced that he had applied last Wednesday to register the Progress Singapore Party, which includes 11 other "like-minded Singaporeans", some of whom are former PAP cadres.
The six-term MP, who retired from politics in 2006, lost narrowly to Dr Tony Tan Keng Yam in the 2011 Presidential Election. He resigned from the PAP that year.
The next general election must be held by April 2021.
In a Facebook post on Sunday, Law and Home Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam said he bumped into Dr Tan Cheng Bock last Saturday (Jan 19) during his usual morning walkabout at Chong Pang hawker centre and the nearby coffee shops.
"I told Dr Tan to come more often. I tell this to a lot (of) people - good for business in Chong Pang," he said, adding that he also took a photograph with Dr Tan.
Dr Tan also posted on Facebook photographs from his breakfast in Chong Pang. In one of them, he was seen with former National Solidarity Party acting secretary-general Hazel Poa, who contested in the 2011 General Election.
Ms Poa could not be contacted for comment.
This article was first published in The Straits Times. Permission required for reproduction.

Dear fake Policeman Heng,

Shut your gap.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope Paul Tambyah switches over to TCB’s party. Win-win for both. Carrying on with SDP will not win him a seat in parliament.

I guess from Tcb from past stance , he will position his party in the middle left of the political spectrum. It might be too hard for left leaning PT to accept the party's centrist position.

PT is a wasted talent for opposition. An absolute top notch candidate who joins a wrong party . If only he knows that politics is an art of compromise and learn not to behave and think like an activist.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess from Tcb from past stance , he will position his party in the middle left of the political spectrum. It might be too hard for left leaning PT to accept the party's centrist position.

PT is a wasted talent for opposition. An absolute top notch candidate who joins a wrong party . If only he knows that politics is an art of compromise and learn not to behave and think like an activist.
Very funny the oppies here, giving all sorts of advice to politicians. :rolleyes:

Good people will always get elected, regardless of party affiliation. That's why PAP has 83 out of 89 seats! :cool: