• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netizen arrested by Singapore police for posting anti-YOG remarks on Facebook

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
The founder of the Facebook Mr Edmund Khor has just clarified that he was not called up for questioning by the police.

Wah, I didn't know Edmund Khor founded Facebook. I tot it was founded by Americans like Mark Zuckerberg, and classmates Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. No Edmund Khor - a Singaporean.

If it is true that he was called up, then it must be for trying to evade income taxes as a "founder" of Facebook!! Facebook made billion of dollars!!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deers are innocent animals. Why you shoot them? :oIo:

If you must practise shooting, go to a range.

Rams,

If I ever get to scope a ram like the one you have in your avatar it would be good game. Deer hunting is my favourite pass time. I stalk, lure and shoot them because I have a licence to do so and also to keep the deer population in control.

I butcher and freeze the meat for consumption. The innards are left for other carnivorous animals to feed on. Nothing goes to waste. Innocent or not they are game and hunting is natural, at least in places with real freedoms. Too bad that your shooting is limited to a range.

Cheers,

MM

VIEWER DISCRETION: GRAPHIC CONTENT

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hJOVU-ZoMd4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hJOVU-ZoMd4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore Police should never be used for the fancy and demands of politicians .

It's like foot stool .

Indeed! Whoever made the police report is a shallow person whose intent was solely to harm the poster. A more open-minded and less vicious person would have asked the poster to clarify his words. And then if need be to warn of the consequences of posting such words.

Going straight to the police shows a lack of compassion and a desire to cause harm. The fact is that the person making the report seems to me to be more harmful to society than the poster.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Hal,

Thanks for saying Hi.

Chekgu's daughter had huge mamaries! So big they would make a cow blush! But I think they should be somewhere near her ankles by now. Hahahaha.

I am far away from the "pristine" shores of Singapore, in fact the nearest shoreline where I am at is a good 600 miles away in California! 10 thousand miles from the nearest pappy and their poodle minions! LOL!:biggrin:

I love being in America, just got myself an AR15 and some nice deer hunting guns! O the land of the free! And the home of the brave! OOO RAH!

Cheers,

MM

The last time I saw chekgu's daughter, she was still running around the 'village' in her shorts & nothing has sprouted yet. My, time sure flew past, fast.

Wonder if any of the residences in the 'villiage' are on facebook & how many of the younger ones there, have 'burning' desires?? ha ha ha :biggrin: If I recall correctly, there are quite a number of 'ramseth' type there, one family nearest me, dad is some higher rank from the Traffic Police... if you are ever back here, comevisitthe 'village', nothing has ever changed, since you left, the 'bak kwa' shop still there; nothing had changed in SINgapore either...unless they go en bloc sale...:biggrin:, so haven't missed much, nice to know you are having a good time over there...would have gone to Calgary..IF. sigh!

Last edited:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with MM's assessment here. Malik will most probably let off with a warning and the reason is GE round the corner.

But sometimes, we will never know how dumb the PAP govt is when it comes to manage public relationship. They might just go ahead and charge Malik.

From the way this was handled, I don't this was ordered or even approved by the PAP top leadership. If it was, the ST would have been the first to break the news with all reasons/arguements for the arrest nicely laid out. More importantly, SPF would not have been so shy about making comments to the press if they were simply implementing orders from the top.

My feeling is that the PAP elsers were probably as shocked when the read the Newpaper headline.

Now that the dust has settled, this looks more and more like the work of some mid-level elements hoping to make a name for themselves and score some brownie pts. Given who was involved, you can probably guess the organisation that these mid-level elements are in. You then only need corss reference invovlement with the CDC to some up with a shortlist.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A wolf in sheep clothing....we must be careful anyway...wonder what this abang ask the other abang?? that he removed him as friend on facebook?, I thought they are very forgiving with each other.

So Chinese Jah_rastafah_i is wrong. Always claiming other races are forgiving towards each other . :rolleyes:

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the report means Edmund Khor is founder of the anti-YOG Facebook; not the overall Facebook.

They should use the word creator instead of founder.

Wah, I didn't know Edmund Khor founded Facebook. I tot it was founded by Americans like Mark Zuckerberg, and classmates Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. No Edmund Khor - a Singaporean.

If it is true that he was called up, then it must be for trying to evade income taxes as a "founder" of Facebook!! Facebook made billion of dollars!!!

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed! Whoever made the police report is a shallow person whose intent was solely to harm the poster. A more open-minded and less vicious person would have asked the poster to clarify his words. And then if need be to warn of the consequences of posting such words.

Going straight to the police shows a lack of compassion and a desire to cause harm. The fact is that the person making the report seems to me to be more harmful to society than the poster.

The one who report may be on same side with the laws. So, it is probable 'kill one to warn a hundred" so said the Chinese proverb.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

X

Xing Cai

ST_17299772.jpg

Abdul Malik Mohammed Ghazali posted comments related to the YOG. -- PHOTO: INTERNET

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if the arrest was timed in view of the looming elections to tone down the sea of dissent on facebook, forums and blogs against the incumbent

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
The key words are "burn the Minister" very sensitive after MP Seng got burned...

Is it right to link the two ; one being a comment and the other was an act of terror ?
How about 'vote them out' ?
I thought that is more provoking as one is inciting emotion to overthrow.
If someone said fxxx you, does he really mean to do it ?
Perhaps , then you can also say there is intention to commit rape or
sodomy...sigh , how does one tell where the invisible line , it could be a moving lines.:confused:

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it right to link the two ; one being a comment and the other was an act of terror ?
How about 'vote them out' ?
I thought that is more provoking as one is inciting emotion to overthrow.
If someone said fxxx you, does he really mean to do it ?
Perhaps , then you can also say there is intention to commit rape or
sodomy...sigh , how does one tell where the invisible line , it could be a moving lines.:confused:

Pre Crime...

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is called inciting violence? harmless antagonizing comments via facebook also can result in getting called up for kopi session? it just proved that not only YOG was a big waste of tax payers $. classifying harmless netizens as constitutional threat & creating a "secret" case file for them is yet again, another series of tax payers $ going down the drain.

Will I be arrested for calling this a case in a Police State?

I had a fren handcuffed and remanded for telling off SCDF bugger who wanted to check his car boot for Mas Selamat!! :oIo::oIo:

PS: he was charged & handcuffed but after 2 months, released with the charge dropped!! Looks like AGC under Fatty Woon was level headed....