• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netizen arrested by Singapore police for posting anti-YOG remarks on Facebook

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yogmalek.jpg

A netizen Abdul Malek was arrested by the police yesterday purportedly for posting anti-YOG remarks on Facebook.

Malek wrote on Facebook that he was questioned by the police from Bedok Police Division on the charge of “inciting violence and public disorder” under Section 267 Chapter 244 of the penal code. His laptop was also seized.

[Source: I hate YOG Facebook]

The news was reported in page four of The New Paper today.

In an email reply to Temasek Review, Mr Malek said he was arrested over a particular comment he left on the Facebook and was questioned over his involvement with the “I hate YOG” Facebook and his political affiliations:

“The official reason given was the particular comment, but they did question about involvment in the FB group as well. Such as, why did I start a Facebook page, what was my problem with the YOG, did I join any political party, etc.

Fixating on the specific words is, in my opinion, very shallow of them as they are not reading with understanding, although the meaning is quite clear.

On a side note, the reporter did mention to me this morning that the police are uncomfortable with the media inquiries about this case. They do not want to be seen as “heavy-handed”. This is because the charge is very subjective and the police do not wish to look bad in the light of the criticisms of the YOG.

If it is any use, I spotted an MDA note with “Secret” marked across the top. It was a one-sentence message starting with “Netter Malik Syasha Slengzz ….” (The rest was covered by a file).”

Mr Malek had earlier posed several difficult questions about the YOG to PAP MP and Young PAP Vice Chairman Mr Zaqy Mohamad on his Facebook which he was unable to answer. Mr Zaqy subsequently removed Mr Malek as a friend from his Facebook.

According to unconfirmed tip-offs we received, a raid was conducted yesterday which saw a dozen netizens being arrested in connection with the involvement in the anti-YOG Facebook.

The founder of the Facebook Mr Edmund Khor has just clarified that he was not called up for questioning by the police.

Started only two weeks ago, the Facebook has garnered more than 2,700 friends so far.

We would like to appeal to readers who are privy to or has information pertaining to this incident to contact us with our online submission form and provide more information so that we can follow up on this incident. If you are the person/s being arrested by the Police, we would like to hear from you, please contact us.

The YOG have so far been nothing but an embaressment to the ruling party and we are not at all surprised that drastic measures are being taken to silence its critics to “save face”. If this incident is found indeed to be true, then it goes to prove that the ruling party is willing to resort to any and all means to achieve their agenda by abusing and manupilating the law to invade the constitutional rights of free speech and privacy of Singaporeans.

In view of the lack of information at press time, we would like to urge all our readers to excercise caution and refrain from posting on FackBook which appears to be very willing to provide confidential information (against their own Privacy Policy) to the authorities on any grounds.

Unlike FackBook which keeps all their access logs for years (the reason why Police can conveniently round anyone up), our site is clustered on 3 different servers in 3 countries and rotated weekly between 2 main servers (mirror) with the recent deactivated server formatted and reinstalled to ensure that all visitor’s data are removed. Additionally, all emails sent to us are stored on the server and not locally which means that neither of our correspondent has a copy of your email or information on his or her desktop. Simply put, we do not keep visitor’s information on our servers for more than a week.

We wish to once again assure our readers that we take your privacy very seriously and will never under any ciscumstances hand over your information to irrelevant person/s including the authorities unless ordered by a court of competant jurisdiction (ie: court with jurisdiction in the country where our server is co-located).

Additionally, in view of the coming General Election and depending on the amount of donations we received, we have plans to offer a VPN account for all our readers (at 50% off market rate) if budget allows.
(CB, must be trying to make money by instilling fear into people).

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
They view privacy so important that they had this happening?

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=59906

In view of the lack of information at press time, we would like to urge all our readers to excercise caution and refrain from posting on FackBook which appears to be very willing to provide confidential information (against their own Privacy Policy) to the authorities on any grounds.

Unlike FackBook which keeps all their access logs for years (the reason why Police can conveniently round anyone up), our site is clustered on 3 different servers in 3 countries and rotated weekly between 2 main servers (mirror) with the recent deactivated server formatted and reinstalled to ensure that all visitor’s data are removed. Additionally, all emails sent to us are stored on the server and not locally which means that neither of our correspondent has a copy of your email or information on his or her desktop. Simply put, we do not keep visitor’s information on our servers for more than a week.

We wish to once again assure our readers that we take your privacy very seriously and will never under any ciscumstances hand over your information to irrelevant person/s including the authorities unless ordered by a court of competant jurisdiction (ie: court with jurisdiction in the country where our server is co-located).

Additionally, in view of the coming General Election and depending on the amount of donations we received, we have plans to offer a VPN account for all our readers (at 50% off market rate) if budget allows.
(CB, must be trying to make money by instilling fear into people).

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is called inciting violence? harmless antagonizing comments via facebook also can result in getting called up for kopi session? it just proved that not only YOG was a big waste of tax payers $. classifying harmless netizens as constitutional threat & creating a "secret" case file for them is yet again, another series of tax payers $ going down the drain.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sinkies should stop using facebook and post their messages at sammyboy.com instead.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Malek had earlier posed several difficult questions about the YOG to PAP MP and Young PAP Vice Chairman Mr Zaqy Mohamad on his Facebook which he was unable to answer. Mr Zaqy subsequently removed Mr Malek as a friend from his Facebook.

this is funny. so childish.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies should stop using facebook and post their messages at sammyboy.com instead.

sammyboy.com is sure safe at the moment because no one has been arrested yet but if the Police start arresting sammyboys, there will be plenty to arrest - that is, if it is possible for them to identify who's who.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't think FaceBook reveal anything... the netizen use his facebook account which comes with his name, right? If so, the Police don't really need any information from FaceBook. The facebook has a name, with the name the Police know who to look for.

But of course, if I'm missing something here, let me know

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
sammyboy.com is sure safe at the moment because no one has been arrested yet but if the Police start arresting sammyboys, there will be plenty to arrest - that is, if it is possible for them to identify who's who.

That's why we have an ex poodle in the forum pretending to be a 'born again' Opposition supporter. The yeast is fermenting, so they say.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this incident is found indeed to be true, then it goes to prove that the ruling party is willing to resort to any and all means to achieve their agenda by abusing and manupilating the law to invade the constitutional rights of free speech and privacy of Singaporeans.

This is a little worrisome, if not because of international presence from the YOG, Operation Coldstore II would have been launched :(

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dey shud catch dat burger behind sammyboy 1st ... :mad:

catch thief 1st catch indian chief ...

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you follow the I-hate-YOG FB, it looks like he was singled out because he crossed some kind of invisible line. My speculation is that he went to engage MPs on their personal FB page in an aggressive manner. They seem to want to send the message that this kind of direct online confrontation of MPs is not tolerated.

darthboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no need for him to do that. The government throws out a lot of information into the public. A very small portion of it is gold.

Try reading a law dictionary and the Attorney General's website from A to Z. If luck be on your side, you will find the gold.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you follow the I-hate-YOG FB, it looks like he was singled out because he crossed some kind of invisible line. My speculation is that he went to engage MPs on their personal FB page in an aggressive manner. They seem to want to send the message that this kind of direct online confrontation of MPs is not tolerated.

Good observation. Not a fan of them but their actions is understandable, I'm not surprised they object to direct online confrontation of MPs.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why we have an ex poodle in the forum pretending to be a 'born again' Opposition supporter. The yeast is fermenting, so they say.

A wolf in sheep clothing....we must be careful anyway...wonder what this abang ask the other abang?? that he removed him as friend on facebook?, I thought they are very forgiving with each other.