• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netizen arrested by Singapore police for posting anti-YOG remarks on Facebook

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear All,

With reference to the words ["burn" the minister] I may like to think, given all reasonableness, his expression is not to physically hurt the minister. Given the context, it being an online discussion, the term "burn" can also mean to "flame" as in to attack his credibility and highlight ineptitude. The term "grilling" too is often used to take someone to task. One should not be quick to jump to connote negativity and a preponderence towards violence as the first resort.

I know some of you will ask if there is reasonableness in the courts - that is not for me to answer. As some of us know one judge has said it depends on what the judge had for breakfast as it's often quoted.

So what if the PAP has an aversion to fire and words that are related to it? Does it mean that these words cannot be used with reference to a politician? That is absurd!

If he is smart enough, he would use this as a defence should there be a trial, but I am quite sure the poodles would not proceed with prosecution but let him off with a warning. They wouldn't want to appear to be heavy handed, like the article reported.

Also it would be rather bad publicity, given the coming elections, if the MP Zaqy's name is brought into the whole thing since the Malay community would view this as "a betrayal of one of their own" by someone in govt as opposed to looking out for their own. As a minority candidate that is within his job description.

Malays are known to have long memories and if Zaqy is willing to throw Malik under the bus, then it would not bode too well for the PAP in general since the Malay vote is a good 30%. A mere swing of 5% would be disastrous for the MIW. If the Malay opposition politicians were to ratchet this up just imagine what sort of repercussions would ensue.

I hope for the young man's sake, the poodles come to their senses and not proceed.

Cheers,

MM

Last edited:

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will definately be prosecuted as a precedant. It may be difficult now, but after this first time, arresting people for their facebook comments will be much easier.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear All,
Malays are known to have long memories and if Zaqy is willing to throw Malik under the bus, then it would not bode too well for the PAP in general since the Malay vote is a good 30%. A mere swing of 5% would be disastrous for the MIW. If the Malay opposition politicians were to ratchet this up just imagine what sort of repercussions would ensue.

I hope for the young man's sake, the poodles come to their senses and not proceed.

Cheers,

MM

Hi MM, long time no see, are you talking about chekgu daughter, with long meomories...ha ha ha:biggrin: have you been back to the 'village'?, or you are still far away from our shores?

:biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Burn" has become an emotive word! The PAP is really turning paranoid.

How about if he had used the words "flame" or "roast"? These words are cyberspeak. These PAPpies are such fuddy-duddies that they need something to singe and etched into their stuffy minds. Sekali, phrases like "baptism by fire " and "dragging over the coals" may even become off-limits???

Give me a break!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Burn" has become an emotive word! The PAP is really turning paranoid.

How about if he had used the words "flame" or "roast"? These words are cyberspeak. These PAPpies are such fuddy-duddies that they need something to singe and etched into their stuffy minds. Sekali, phrases like "baptism by fire " and "dragging over the coals" may even become off-limits???

Give me a break!

This is very sensitve issue, especially it comes from the 'abang' side, such words like 'burn'.... used can be racially stoked; even though we can pelt the pappies for being paranoid. There must be something else he said, that even his abang, tell him, he is no 'kawan', normally they usually side each other.

We are seeing discordant in the 'bang territory'...that all solidarity is only a veneer, deep cracks are showing. May not be good for one & all.

:(

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There is nothing wrong with hating YOG or anything related to the PAP. The issue is that the phrase, “burn the minister” was used. Of course the PAPies are scared because one of their own, MP Ong Seng Heng, got burned by a Singaporean. TO us it may be trivial but the PAP ministers are really afraid of being hurt by the public. Of course, if they were real politicians out to help the people then they wouldn’t be so afraid but they seem only interested in other matters such as ensuring that FTs are well taken care off.

Don’t be afraid to speak your mind but be mindful of what you post especially words or phrases or sentences that may seem to incite violence towards a group of people who are paranoid.

As much as we want them to appreciate our feelings, let us also appreciate their paranoia at being burned or hurt which is their feelings. Let’s leave violence out of it. We have more ammunition using their own words against them.

I see, so its ok for Old Goat to wave Devan Nair's medical file around and call him a drunken wife beater? Its ok for Old Goat to say he will "fix" the oppo, clearly a very threatening statement given the fact he has the ISD at his disposal. Its ok for PAP to say anything they want, but not ok when other people say it against them? Other people have to watch what they say against the PAP? Don't be small minded and a coward. This is your country. Don't be afraid of saying anything you want.

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi MM, long time no see, are you talking about chekgu daughter, with long meomories...ha ha ha:biggrin: have you been back to the 'village'?, or you are still far away from our shores?

:biggrin:

Hi Hal,

Thanks for saying Hi.

Chekgu's daughter had huge mamaries! So big they would make a cow blush! But I think they should be somewhere near her ankles by now. Hahahaha.

I am far away from the "pristine" shores of Singapore, in fact the nearest shoreline where I am at is a good 600 miles away in California! 10 thousand miles from the nearest pappy and their poodle minions! LOL!:biggrin:

I love being in America, just got myself an AR15 and some nice deer hunting guns! O the land of the free! And the home of the brave! OOO RAH!

Cheers,

MM

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
where is GMS ?

Anyone miss me here? :wink:

I agree with MM's assessment here. Malik will most probably let off with a warning and the reason is GE round the corner.

But sometimes, we will never know how dumb the PAP govt is when it comes to manage public relationship. They might just go ahead and charge Malik.

It would be very interesting then; they will antagonize two voting blocks: Malay voters as well as young voters who are active on the net.

At the present moment, they have already created skepticism, cynicism and unhappiness among the young netters by this action of questioning Malik. It is not about law anymore. It is about Public relationship management prior to GE. They will have to back off to limit the damage, if any.

Goh Meng Seng

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I love being in America, just got myself an AR15 and some nice deer hunting guns! O the land of the free! And the home of the brave! OOO RAH!

Deers are innocent animals. Why you shoot them? :oIo:

If you must practise shooting, go to a range.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see, so its ok for Old Goat to wave Devan Nair's medical file around and call him a drunken wife beater? Its ok for Old Goat to say he will "fix" the oppo, clearly a very threatening statement given the fact he has the ISD at his disposal. Its ok for PAP to say anything they want, but not ok when other people say it against them? Other people have to watch what they say against the PAP? Don't be small minded and a coward. This is your country. Don't be afraid of saying anything you want.

The old goat is an incompetent policeman. Whathe did then has very little to do with the comments posted on Facebook. I think you are digressing.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Benson Ang and TR seems to disagree with your opinion.

They [Benson Ang and TR] think it has also to do with "rally together".

It is good to disagree. If there is no disagreement, then I worry for Singapore and the PAP. :biggrin:

TR are likely to politicize the incident. Let them do what they feel is right. The police may also be seen as trying to politicize the posts on Facebook by asking if the person charged has any political affiliations.

I would rather not politicize the incident as it may backfire on the APs.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who are the victims of drug traffickers making drugs available to them?

Drug addicts of course.

They're given free lodging and rehabilitation facilities, appeal what?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is very sensitve issue, especially it comes from the 'abang' side, such words like 'burn'.... used can be racially stoked; even though we can pelt the pappies for being paranoid. There must be something else he said, that even his abang, tell him, he is no 'kawan', normally they usually side each other.

We are seeing discordant in the 'bang territory'...that all solidarity is only a veneer, deep cracks are showing. May not be good for one & all.

:(

He needs a good lawyer. The phrase "burn" is quite commonly used in cyberspeak to mean humtum or flame and has nothing to do with physical violence.

What can be done is to humtum that Malik guy online for removing people as Facebook friends who disagree with him or dislike him on an issue. It shows that Malik is a very shallow person and is daft for being deaf to criticism.