• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advice regarding blood pressure

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I agree. HBP is nothing if it does not interfere with your daily life. Medication nowadays are like poison and HBP medication cannot stop once started.

At certain times, due to some unknown reason, BP can become high. You feel unwell and have headaches that will not go away. Take the medication and when the headache goes away, you can stop it.

Stay away from stressful situations and have adequate rest. This is the remedy for HBP, not medication.

sorry bro, have to differ...very dangerous advice.

if you have high blood, and confirmed by doctors, many of your end organs are already affected: your heart could be enlarged, your arteries could have been narrowed,your kidnesy might have been impaired, your brain might already suffered minor infarctions etc etc....so once you are diagnosed with High Blood Pressure, many of your target organs had already suffered. Your arteries have lost their compliance and elasticity - all ready to burst.

if you allow your blood pressure to increase and remain untreated, the damage will get worse and the result is pretty obvious. you can have a sudden stroke. you can have a sudden heart attack. or a lingering renal failure. or even a sudden heart failure and you can die suddenly. of course there are people who survive without treatment - but this should not be the advice to the majority.

nobody likes medications.but you do need them to control the level of blood pressure. it is a fact that controlling the blood pressure does bring down the complications.

for some unknown reason, those with strokes suddenly have normal blood pressure and the medications are taken off. my uncle suffered a massive stroke and survived. his blood pressure became normal and the doctors took away his medications. but he is hemiplegic.

my humble advice is to take medications if you are a confirmed case of high blood pressure. many young people died early because they do not believe in "western" medications and they took "chinese" medicines. we should not encourage this if we want a healthy population. thank you for sharing.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
DaiLy intake of 1/2 cup Bitter Gourd juice is a sure way to get your HBP southbound..:cool:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Celery will help. Get your weight down too if you are overweight. 150 is quite ok but need to take care that it don't go up any further.

Went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and my blood pressure was 150/100. Doc told me that I had to get it down or he'd have to prescribe medication.

Monitored by blood pressure at home for the last 10 days. It has never gone above 120/75. The Omron bp monitor I'm using has been calibrated and is accurate.

What should I do? Any doctors in the house?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The majority of strokes are caused by blood clots which have nothing to do with blood pressure. The best advice I can give is to to take low dose Aspirin. I've been on it for the last 20 years.

The only downside is that if you cut yourself, it takes longer for the bleeding to stop.

Mine was not due to clot, one of the small vessels just burst, which was why the silly doc wanted to insert a scope to check the condition of the vessels. To me that is ridiculous. So what if the vessels are bad? I can't replace them and there is no medication to repair them. The closest remedies are chinese recommenation of food like sesame seed etc My cholesterol level is also fine as I am particular about my diet and I exercise regularly. After that incident, I realized that adequate rest and stress management are two important factors that I need to take care. High bp caused by stress or inadequate rest was the most likely cause.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and my blood pressure was 150/100. Doc told me that I had to get it down or he'd have to prescribe medication.

Monitored by blood pressure at home for the last 10 days. It has never gone above 120/75. The Omron bp monitor I'm using has been calibrated and is accurate.

Boss, as other bros might have already said...BP and IOP (Eyes thing) cannot be diagnosed based on 1 or 2 measurement. It must be over a period of time.
Also some people react differently to different types of BP measuring device. Once when I was still young and was hospitalized due to fractured leg, the nurse measured my BP to be constantly high using 1 device. She said she use this same bp monitor for other patient without any issue, but mine was constanly showing high over the last 30 mins. She then use another bp monitor and found nothing wrong with my bp. Also my BP has been normal till today.

BTW since you have a big ear loop, no need worry lah, u will live a long life !:biggrin:

longdongsilver

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far no one has mentioned dipper and non dipper..what is so dangerous abt HP is that you may get a normal/borderline reading in the doctors office but your HP could be dangerously high when you are a non dipper-google it.In the olden days Doctors would treat HP only when it was above 100 + your age.
these days many standards --cholesterol,blood sugar level,HP have been revised and brought down every few years,,coz large drug companies are behind all these researches and benchmarkings..every single point drop in the standards will help them rake in millions or billions of dollars..

Sam use a 24 hr measurement-the clunky type will definitely help your case..beetroot juice helps bring down HP.if you are a dipper then there s nothing to worry about

Last edited:

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal

You seek advice here? In this forum??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's something for you to think about:

Electromagnetic Radiation ( EMR ) And Potential Adverse Health Affects
http://www.ecolibria.com.au/Resourc...tion-emr-and-potential-adverse-health-affects

A group of scientists and doctors in Freiburger, Germany, presented evidence at a conference in 2002 of “a dramatic rise in severe and chronic diseases among our patients” exposed to RF/MW. These included extreme fluctuations in blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes in increasingly younger people, degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s and epilepsy, leukaemia and brain tumours. They also found a rise in headaches, sleeplessness, tinnitus and other ailments that were able to be correlated with the onset of exposure to communications microwaves.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

''normal'' blood pressure numbers have been manipulated downwards by Big Pharma to have hordes of people on medication their entire lives.........don't fall for it.........

go search for natural supplements like vitamin D3, magnesium, turmeric, etc etc that lower blood pressure......

blood pressure pills will have severe long-term side effects.........it'll give you additional problems that need more medications.....

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You likely to be one allergic to doctor and clinic. Your BP at clinic likely to be much higher than at home.

That was the conclusion of my doctor when I showed him the results of my own BP that I did myself at home to be like yours and consistently much lower than whatever done in his office by him or by his nurse.

Take it for all it is worth

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Afternoon... about 3 pm.

then it is strange. A possible reason for the sudden rise - normally after a meal the blood pressure measurement will not be accurate and that might explain the sudden rise, but it is at 3pm.

Another possible reason is systematic error during the measurement, if you keep monitoring it for the past few days and such reading does not shows up again, ignore the doctor/nurse.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They became vegans to please their Hindu deities, rather than doing it for health reasons.

ironically, while avoiding meat wholesale due to religious reasons, they end up consuming animal lard all their lives thinking ghee is vegetable oil. it's the biggest irony among indian vegans. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ironically, while avoiding meat wholesale due to religious reasons, they end up consuming animal lard all their lives thinking ghee is vegetable oil. it's the biggest irony among indian vegans. :rolleyes:

Ghee is clarified butter. It is a dairy by-product, nothing like lard.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is important at an older age is to do a cca imt measurement to check endothelial function. the measurement will tell you how thick the imt is in millimeters at the common carotid artery. a normal imt at or above middle age is less than 0.5mm. even if all vital signs show normalcy but if your imt is high, substantially above normal, you're faced with the prospect of spontaneous arteritic or aortic aneurysm or sudden death syndrome. that's because most physicians or general practitioners in the world do not go the extra mile of recommending a cca imt analysis. and also because the procedure and or method is relatively new, known only to doctors who keep up to date with the latest advances in medicine. there's currently a chorus of approval by doctors in the wealthier parts of the u.s. on the efficacy and effectiveness of the cca imt test to determine normality of endothelial function. :wink: