• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need Advice On Buying MicroSD Card...........

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_sd#microSD

Speed Class Rating

The SD Association defines standard speed classes indicating minimum performance to record video. Both read and write speeds must exceed the specified value. These are defined in terms of suitability for different applications:[39]

Class 2 for SD video recording
Class 4 and 6 for HD ~ Full HD video recording,
Class 10 for Full HD video recording and HD still consecutive recording
UHS Speed Class 1 for real-time broadcasts and large-size HD videos

The specification defines these classes in terms of performance curves which translate into the following minimum performance levels, for both read and write, on an empty card:[40]

Class Minimum performance
SDHC Speed Class 2.svg Class 2 2 MB/sec
SDHC Speed Class 4.svg Class 4 4 MB/sec
SDHC Speed Class 6.svg Class 6 6 MB/sec
SDHC Speed Class 10.svg Class 10 10 MB/sec

Speed Classes 2, 4, and 6 assert that the card supports the respective number of megabytes per second as a minimum sustained write speed for a card in a fragmented state. Class 10 asserts that the card supports 10 MB/s as a minimum non-fragmented sequential write speed.[40] By comparison, the older "×" rating measured maximum speed under ideal conditions, and was vague as to whether this was read speed or write speed.

The host device can read a card's speed class, unlike the earlier "×" speed ratings. A device can warn the user if the card reports a speed class that falls below an application's minimum need.[40]

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very good..................Krafty.................

i also read that the class ratings for the different brands can mean different specs.................seems that SanDisk has the best specs..............

by the way.......this Bizgram in Sim Lim Sq is owned by Ah Neh huh ?..................their prices are good compared to other shops there..............or should i just buy online ?:confused:

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i also read that the class ratings for the different brands can mean different specs.................seems that SanDisk has the best specs..............

by the way.......this Bizgram in Sim Lim Sq is owned by Ah Neh huh ?..................their prices are good compared to other shops there..............or should i just buy online ?:confused:
Get Class 4 should be suffice.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think buy from the shops better unless you have assurance that the online store is reliable.

i went fuwell to buy an APC recently, i think they are ok.

btw, you can check out few shops behind on level 4 or 5, should be ok too.

*remember to compare the product serial online and the one that you going to buy*

cheers!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Higher speed is needed for full HD video recording class 10.
For photo or music class 4 will do.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
class 4 is enough but since class 6 cost 1 USD more so why not but i'll ask HTC is my phone can use class 6..........

i heard that class 4 will be gradually phased out soon.................is it true ?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
class 4 is enough but since class 6 cost 1 USD more so why not but i'll ask HTC is my phone can use class 6..........

I think the question is not whether the phone can use or cannot use the higher class. The question should be whether it can take advantage of the higher class memory.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think the question is not whether the phone can use or cannot use the higher class. The question should be whether it can take advantage of the higher class memory.

Nope if ur phone don't support class 6...u either wont be able to detect de card or phone return a card error...

U will be able to find the info either in de phone manual or go online to chk the spec.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1 USD more mah so that's why i consider if more expensive by few dollars then i won't consider liao........