• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

National Library pulls gay children books from shelves and destroys them

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chill, don't be so uptight.

You live in a country ruled by a pink faggot PM with his lezzo wife.
You think it's healthy for children to see the PM wearing pink all the time with sissy movements and a wife that looks like a butch?

If gay penguins can get eggs to hatch, so can a gay and lezzo.

Don't grasp at straws over children's books, you are simply laughable :biggrin:

Congrats to the NLB for being vigilant against these faggots.

Singapore should never go down the dangerous path by allowing these faggots to destroy society through subversive means.

In the West, faggots are pushing for governments to have such books for children to be made accessible in school and public libraries in their bid to brainwash young, impressionable children that being a faggot and wanting to use anuses as pseudo-vaginas is normal and that a child with two fathers or two mothers is "normal".

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think it's healthy for children to see the PM wearing pink all the time with sissy movements and a wife that looks like a butch?

so having pinky around means we as parents, should let everything else go as well? how responsible....

any heat source of suitable temp can also hatch egg..... ..... sun, decomposed vegetation, animal of another kind.... what's your point?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
no it means you have to stand up to him and ask him to set example n remove himself, it means no double standard stupid no?

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
nlb pulls two children’s books that ‘don’t promote family values’

tangopenguin.jpg

by alfred chua and xue jianyue
posted: 09 jul 2014 09:31

national library board takes a strong pro-family stance in selecting books for young ones, says its chief librarian.singapore: The national library board (nlb) yanked two children’s book titles off its shelves on tuesday (july 8), after complaints from a member of the public that the books did not promote family values.

The first book, and tango makes three, features two male penguins which exhibit behaviours like a couple and successfully hatch and raise a young penguin, based on a true story of two male penguins in new york’s central park zoo. The book has stirred similar controversy in the united states, with repeated calls for it to be banned from libraries.

The second, the white swan express, revolves around adoption of children and features a single mother and a lesbian couple among its characters.

In a post in the facebook group we are against pinkdot in singapore, member teo kai loon wrote that the nlb had replied to the complaints.

The letter, signed by ms tay ai cheng, the nlb’s assistant chief executive and chief librarian, said the library had withdrawn the two books. She also said the nlb takes a strong pro-family stance in selecting books for children.

She added that with a collection of more than five million books, it was an arduous task to ensure complete adherence. “however, when library visitors like yourself highlight to us any conflicting content within books, we review such books thoroughly and withdraw them from circulation,” she said.

Mr teo said the response was swift, coming within two days. Such books, he said, should not be allowed to go under the radar. He also urged members to continue to scrutinise the library’s catalogues. “remember, the onus is on us,” he added.

The facebook post has since been removed.

The nlb’s move sparked concern among civil society activists here.

Ms jolene teo, programmes and communications senior manager at the association of women for action and research, said it was a shame that the nlb had taken such action.

“i think it is good for children to know that many different types of families exist, not just the one idealised family type of one man and one woman,” she said. “being pro-family also means understanding that many family types do exist – from single-parent families to same-sex couples,” she added.

When contacted, the nlb said: “young children are among our libraries’ most frequent visitors. Many of them browse books in our children’s sections on their own. As such, nlb takes a pro-family and cautious approach in identifying titles for our young visitors.” it did not respond to queries as to how many complaints were received about the titles and why the titles were offered in the first place.

Members of the arts community also expressed disappointment at the nlb’s actions.

Author adeline lee said: “some parents may not be ready to answer questions that their children may have on the stories. Other parents or educators may welcome it as a chance to teach the children about something they find difficult to address. Writing to the nlb to request the books’ removal denies the latter group a coachable moment, so it is a pity.”

author and storyteller verena tay said what the nlb was doing “was affecting the state of what children are reading”. She added: “i don’t think those in the ‘conservative camp’ would like it if their books were banned one day as well.”

-today/cy

this is one disgusting sick book.
Feed them to the killer whales!

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

Butt fucking results in the reproduction of babies??? Since when did the arseholes of male faggots contain ovaries and eggs? And since when can female faggots produce sperms for reproduction? From the dildos they use ???

Faggots are a dishonest and and confused bunch. The male faggots claim they have "love" (read: sexual desires) only for men but end up using men's buttholes as pseudo-vaginas for their debauched fucking. The female faggots claim they have ""love"" (read: sexual desires) only for women but end up using dildos as pseudo-penises for their screwing.

Don't grasp at straws over children's books, you are simply laughable :biggrin:

Last I heard the faggots were grasping onto their dildos over these "censored" children books at NLB.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's not lose sight of these points:

1. These are children's books
2. These books are not banned for sale/reading in Singapore.
3. These books were bought and shelved in the NATIONAL LIBRARY using tax payers' money.

So if you want to buy The Amazing Adventures of Anal-Fucking Antarctic Fowls and read it to your children, you can using your own money, not the state's. I would rather my tax monies be used on less provocative children titles.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are absolutely right, do the right thing when the time comes.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's not lose sight of these points:

1. These are children's books
2. These books are not banned for sale/reading in Singapore.
3. These books were bought and shelved in the NATIONAL LIBRARY using tax payers' money.

So if you want to buy The Amazing Adventures of Anal-Fucking Antarctic Fowls and read it to your children, you can using your own money, not the state's. I would rather my tax monies be used on less provocative children titles.

In America, this line of reasoning is the same as some voters who refuse to vote for certain candidates because "I refuse to let my taxpayer money be used to fund abortion clinics". :rolleyes:

Also, some of the books which the NLB receives are from donations by the public. No taxpayer money is involved.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In America, this line of reasoning is the same as some voters who refuse to vote for certain candidates because "I refuse to let my taxpayer money be used to fund abortion clinics". :rolleyes:

nothing wrong with this line of reasoning. if our tax monies are used by the government to fund undesirable projects we should have the right to say "Stop this fucking shit". We, the tax payers, are their boss. Not the other way around.

Also, some of the books which the NLB receives are from donations by the public. No taxpayer money is involved.

The overriding principle is the whole NLB is funded by our taxes. If it were a privately funded library specially catered for gay/ross-dressing children, then it's a different matter.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, if NLB pulled out these books in a different setting, there might be a wider protest including from those who are now supportive of NLB's current action. The pink agenda has cast a shadow in recent months and people are concerned.

Nobody likes censorship. It was an era that has gone by. But society tends to be draw and be cautious when accepted lifestyles and norms are threatened.

Feel sorry for the kids who were dragged there and the mums teaching them from the very books that are in issue. Formative years are important and coming from parents are even more accepting. On wonders if these parents know what they are doing.

I do remember a 9 year old kid who refused to go to school because the US decided to invade Iraq. The mother called the press and supported her kid. Let's face it no 9 year old kid is going to do any such thing unless someone influenced her that strongly.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Norms are not mathematically derived answer. It is set by society and society means the majority. The funds must meet the norms.

Society does sometime it get it wrong but time will work it out. And these are exceptions.

nothing wrong with this line of reasoning. if our tax monies are used by the government to fund undesirable projects we should have the right to say "Stop this fucking shit". We, the tax payers, are their boss. Not the other way around.

The overriding principle is the whole NLB is funded by our taxes. If it were a privately funded library specially catered for gay/ross-dressing children, then it's a different matter.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
good riddance for the destruction of trash which doesn't add value to our society.

imagine books supporting men screwing other's assholes? Huat the FISH!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Feel sorry for the kids who were dragged there and the mums teaching them from the very books that are in issue. Formative years are important and coming from parents are even more accepting. On wonders if these parents know what they are doing.

I do remember a 9 year old kid who refused to go to school because the US decided to invade Iraq. The mother called the press and supported her kid. Let's face it no 9 year old kid is going to do any such thing unless someone influenced her that strongly.

In my opinion, that's the big issue. I've read before that the mind of a child is like a sponge. It records experiences and, more importantly, registers the behaviour of adults. This part plays an important role on setting our moral standards until around the age of 12 yo. It saddens me to see innocent children dragged by parents into the sit in. Where's Bin Hee Heng and his bicycle chain when we most needed him....?

One of the articles also mentioned a single mom being there with her 2 gay sons. That must be the best way to get back at her cheating ex husband. :eek:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cuntface with a cocksucking daughter and a gaybitch son:

Mark-Andrew-Yeo-Kah-Chong_final.jpg

Show the proof gay bitch!.....LOL.....LOL...I just love your bikini outfits changing. Reminds me of a former Trenton Air Force Base commanding Colonel.......LOL......LOL