• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My views on Iskandar. Please share yours.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Economic growth rate in Iskandar will probably be at least twice of SG in the next 10-15 years. Will the gap widen or narrow in 10-15 years time?"

Now, where did you get this fact from? Can please quote for me so that I can go read it? Strange that whoever said this was so daring. You're dealing with a 3rd world country here and they are saying all these?

Our LT growth rate is projected to be between 2.5 - 3% going forward. MY's rate is projected to be 4.5 - 5%. Iskandar's growth rate will naturally be more than MY as a whole. It's not rocket science, isnt it?

But of course all these are just projections and we are lucky to be in the internet area, where we may be able to see SG growing at 3.5 - 4% going forward, through innovations and ideas, ie the knowledge economy. But based on current trends, we are certainly looking at 2-3% growth for SG in the LT if nothing changes dramatically.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our LT growth rate is projected to be between 2.5 - 3% going forward. MY's rate is projected to be 4.5 - 5%. Iskandar's growth rate will naturally be more than MY as a whole. It's not rocket science, isnt it?

But of course all these are just projections and we are lucky to be in the internet area, where we may be able to see SG growing at 3.5 - 4% going forward, through innovations and ideas, ie the knowledge economy. But based on current trends, we are certainly looking at 2-3% growth for SG in the LT if nothing changes dramatically.

That's because Singapore economy is mature, Johor's is from a low base. Did you know the world's fasted growing countries are all very poor? Anyway what did you base your growth on in Johor? When Singapore projects growth we talk about investments, foreigners boosting economy, moving up the value chain, high growth sectors setting up shop, port expansion, air cargo and passenger increase, look at Changi airport, all very tangible and not airy fairy figures, please tell me what you see for Johor?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because Singapore economy is mature, Johor's is from a low base. Did you know the world's fasted growing countries are all very poor? Anyway what did you base your growth on in Johor? When Singapore projects growth we talk about investments, foreigners boosting economy, moving up the value chain, high growth sectors setting up shop, port expansion, air cargo and passenger increase, look at Changi airport, all very tangible and not airy fairy figures, please tell me what you see for Johor?

You still cant run away from 2.5 - 3% vs 4.5 - 5% right for the next 10-15 years? As for the data, just google lah for MY growth rate. And as I mentioned earlier, we are just talking abt the entire MY's growth rate. Johor, Penang, KL's growth rates would naturally be higher.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question on do I know Iskandar... Well, I have been into JB several times, but only studied it closely recently when I went to some of the places there. I've read numerous data and facts on Iskandar. I've heard the "good" parts of Iskandar commented by Malaysian developers/agents selling their properties, the IRDA, and from the buyers of Iskandar properties, especially those here (guess you're one of them). I've also weight in on the negative side of Iskandar mentioned by none other than our own dear Singapore government (whom I have much respect for!), Malaysian bank analysts, local and international property experts, local agents who have no vested interest to sell Iskandar properties, local smart investors... they all point to the very dull future of Iskandar for residential investment.

Is the above sufficient? If not, I dunno what else will be when I decide whether or not I will invest in Iskandar! To understand Iskandar better, am I supposed to barge into the office of the Iskandar authorities and ask to audit their land sales and master plan (if they even have a credible one!)??

You dont get it don't you...what you accomplished is mere negligible effort and knowledge....and yet very cocky...and deserve no respect. I will let you know what you missing...if you dare to respond to my earlier question.

"Which decent maintained property in the decent neighborhood over the long terms say 10-15 years has become detrimental to owner? Sure there maybe better investment elsewhere and other type of investments...there always another greater faster investment.

The apparent fact that your friend has committed the purchase...the 14 myth points advice of negative mind of yours is more self serving than offer any guidance.....which made it sounds like you accomplished a great deal...What good did you offer with that advice?

Again what decent property has let people down in the long term that marked end of 300k-500k commitment?"

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alibaba, Microsoft?? and Australian Themepark Operator. What more do you want?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

China’s e-commerce giant Alibaba is rumoured to be planning to invest in a logistics hub in the Iskandar region in Johor, according to a property sector report by UOB Kay Hian (UOBKH).

“Alibaba is rumoured to be planning to develop a logistics hub in the Pasir Gudang/Kota Masai area, near Johor Port,” said UOBKH. However, there are still no details of how much Alibaba plans to invest or when this project may take off.

UOBKH also added that Johor-based Tiong Nam Logistics would benefit should Alibaba go ahead with the rumoured investment plan.
Alibaba was founded by entrepreneur Jack Ma, who is now executive chairman of the company and one of the richest men in the world. The company has a market capitalisation of about US$150 billion (RM660.8 billion). It runs two retail sites in China and provides payments and operation software to merchants and consumers.
The UOBKH report cited Alibaba as one of three multinational corporations that may announce large investments in the Iskandar region soon. The other two are the opening of a data storage facility by a global IT firm and the development of a new world-class theme park by an Australian operator. Both companies are not named in the report.

According to the Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA), Iskandar Malaysia has received over RM173 billion in investments as of June 2015, up from RM158 billion in 2014. Sixty one percent of these investments came from local investors, while 39% were from foreign investors.
“Of the committed investments, RM88 billion (50%) had been realised with the bulk from the manufacturing and real estate industries. This would help facilitate population and economic growth within these sectors.

“Also, the entry of the manufacturing sector would further boost demand for industrial properties, which is the key focus of major developers under our coverage currently,” said UOBKH.

The IRDA is targeting to attract RM30 billion in new investments, especially in the tourism and healthcare sectors. It also believes that the high-speed rail project between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore and construction of the rail transit system linking Singapore and Johore, both expected to be completed in by 2020, will further boost Iskandar’s prospects.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't really say that . Have you ever wonder what are you going to do with your FH landed house when you passed away? 1) Sell at dirt cheap to local , 2) donate to charity . Look like cannot transfer to your love ones hor , unless they marry a Malaysian

Are you sure? I don;t think there's such a rule.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the discussions here was really about living in JB, then with current information and news, renting is an excellent option, no need to talk about who is clairvoyant and revisit 10 years later, the situation has already turned for the worst, IMDB fiasco, collapsing currency, huge unplanned overbuilding, unstable racial tensions, compared to investing in the 2007-2008 period where there was real growth.

Unfortunately many here do not accept the bad news and just want people to see it their way that buying is the way to go, even when they console themselves about using it for own stay, deep inside they are still looking at CA, also own stay does not just mean just forgoing any CA but carrying a lifelong burden of a fast deteriorating property and bad maintenance are they, as Singaporeans prepared for this?

Yes we are really flowing against the tide here against some very close minded people with self serving intentions just to prove themselves right and maybe lure the inexperienced in.

Why rent if you can buy ? Not everyone is open to live in rented place and subjected to owner's "rules".
So be it if it makes you happier that you are right and the correct way is to rent.

There's no real right or wrong and it all depends on the individual's situation.

You should also be reminded not to just want people to see it YOUR way as the only correct way.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why rent if you can buy ? Not everyone is open to live in rented place and subjected to owner's "rules".
So be it if it makes you happier that you are right and the correct way is to rent.

There's no real right or wrong and it all depends on the individual's situation.

You should also be reminded not to just want people to see it YOUR way as the only correct way.

Rental should be for those short term 1 or 2 years periods. If intending to stay long term better to buy. Unless the rental is so dirt cheap and you can rent the place as long as you like.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental should be for those short term 1 or 2 years periods. If intending to stay long term better to buy. Unless the rental is so dirt cheap and you can rent the place as long as you like.

Rental allows you to move to the latest and best developments, I don't see why 1 to 2 years time frame? I have rented a mickey mouse unit in Singapore to a tenant since 2008 and 2016 is coming up, a whopping 8 years already, tenant did not want to move because the property is just next to Farrer Park MRT.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is an alternative view on living in JB, why are you so harsh with your words, remind me what? You own the thread? What owner's rules are you referring to? If owner sets rules other then nailing things to the wall, one can choose not to rent from that owner, it is a tenant's market.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental allows you to move to the latest and best developments, I don't see why 1 to 2 years time frame? I have rented a mickey mouse unit in Singapore to a tenant since 2008 and 2016 is coming up, a whopping 8 years already, tenant did not want to move because the property is just next to Farrer Park MRT.

You are talking about the rental profile of FT tenant working in SG, vs Singaporeans looking to retire in JB landed? The profile, motivation and financial status is quite different right?

Is not exactly comparing apples to apples. This also suggests to me that you have not quite seen what a new JB double-storey terrace looks like or even what a new condo unit in JB looks like, and you may not have an idea of the cost needed to fit out for a cosy home environment. It would be hard to achieve that cosy feel in a rented unit in JB for an affordable price, be it newly completed or otherwise.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are talking about the rental profile of FT tenant working in SG, vs Singaporeans looking to retire in JB landed? The profile, motivation and financial status is quite different right?

Is not exactly comparing apples to apples. This also suggests to me that you have not quite seen what a new JB double-storey terrace looks like or even what a new condo unit in JB looks like, and you may not have an idea of the cost needed to fit out for a cosy home environment. It would be hard to achieve that cosy feel in a rented unit in JB for an affordable price, be it newly completed or otherwise.

I was looking at semi detached house in jalan storey with my dad in 1990, I was at Holiday Plaza during construction in the early 1980s, factories in Cemerlang in 1995 where were you? Why is it you cannot understand what I am saying, I am talking from pov of tenant ie. Can stay in rental property for many years, why some people say it is short term solution?

All my years of property investment I never was convinced in JB, have invested in OZ twice, once in Perth and now in Melbourne.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure? I don;t think there's such a rule.

The problems is there are many confusing rules over the years . Now everyone is totally confused. Even the lawyers
can't give you a definite answer . The recent hooha is about foreigners cannot buy FH in time to come , which bring about this discussion on whether can FH be inherit ? According to olden rules is OK subject to state approval . Will the new rules supersedes this one , nobody know , everyone is just speculating . Like that how the foreigners can make the right decisions ?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will not make sense anymore if FH cannot be inherited. If foreigner has to force sell once passed away, this will be worst than leasehold, where at least the ownership is 129 years, and can pass down.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problems is there are many confusing rules over the years . Now everyone is totally confused. Even the lawyers
can't give you a definite answer . The recent hooha is about foreigners cannot buy FH in time to come , which bring about this discussion on whether can FH be inherit ? According to olden rules is OK subject to state approval . Will the new rules supersedes this one , nobody know , everyone is just speculating . Like that how the foreigners can make the right decisions ?

I already highlighted this point earlier.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Foreigners and Wills

Malaysia recognises the validity of international wills that relate to properties and assets owned by the testator in other parts of the world. However, it is highly recommended that a foreigner make a will in Malaysia under the following circumstances:

They are living permanently in Malaysia and would be considered a ‘permanent resident’ of Malaysia at the time of their passing
They own immovable properties in Malaysia (land and buildings, for instance)
Failure to make a will in Malaysia may mean that delays occur in the transfer of their properties and assets in Malaysia to their beneficiaries, wherever they may be. In short, having a will made in their country of origin that covers all assets is still valid, but there may still be delays when it is applied in Malaysia, especially when it involves immovable properties bound by administrative red tape. As such, it would be advisable to make a will in Malaysia addressing Malaysian properties and assets to avoid the risk of delays that may take years to settle.

When a person dies without any wills (Intestate) it will be distributed as follows:

wills.JPG

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting read written by a blogger. Read for fun and form your own opinions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISKANDAR LANDED PROPERTIES – BEST BUY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!
Posted on July 13, 2015 by Calvin Tan

With the Relentless QE by Central Bankers We Will Continue To See The Erosion and Depreciation of Paper Currencies. As Such We Should Seek Safe Havens.

Safe Havens Are in Bonds or Value Stocks That Give a Decent Yield That Cover Inflation. In Gold or Farm Lands. In Real Estate of Safe Countries With Rising Potential. Currently As The Chinese Stock Market Swoon Many Rich Chinese Who Have Cashed Out Are Buying Properties in Sydney, London, Tokyo & Elsewhere. This is a form of protection in uncertain times.

There is No Place Like LANDED PROPERTIES In Iskandar for the Best Real Estate Investments today. These Are The Reasons:

1) ISKANDAR LANDED PROPERTIES ARE STILL CHEAPER THAN KL, PJ, PENANG, KUCHING OR KOTA KINABALU

In Nusantara Prima. 2 Stroey Super Link House Called Reina (24×70) still available at RM499,000. This similar house will be priced above Rm900,000 elsewhere.

2) ISKANDAR HAS RECEIVED THE LION SHARE OF FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT(FDI). More than Selangor & Penang Combined. The Cumulative Investment has Reached Rm170 BILLIONS In ISKANDAR. These Mammoth InFlow Of Funds For Productive Manufactures & Services Will Employ Multiplied Hundreds of Thousands of New Jobs in Iskandar – Thus Drawing Millions More Future Immigrants to Iskandar. This was what happened to Shenzhen. When FDI Exploded in Shenzhen the sleepy fishing village drew in tens of millions immigrants from Sichuan, Yunnan & Elsewhere. This same scenario is repeated here.

Note:

FDI For Manufacturing in Year 2013 was Rm14.4 Billions For Iskandar. Next highest was Selangor at Rm9.8 billions.

FDI For Manufacturing in Year 2014 was a Whopping RM21 BILLIONS! Trailing far behind in 2nd place was Sarawak at Rm9.6 billions.

THESE HUGE INVESTMENTS WILL RESULT IN MUSHROOMING FACTORIES – LEADING TO MULTIPLIED HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF QUALITY JOBS WHICH THEN TRANSLATE TO A FURTHER UPSURGE IN DEMAND FOR HOUSES!

3) THE CRASH OF RINGGIT MADE ISKANDAR MANUFACTURES SUPER COMPETITIVE

With The Crash of Ringgit Against Renminbi The Advantage of Cheap China Cost is now erased. Malaysian Goods Are More Superior Than China in quality.

Take Prestar Wheel Barrow for Example. A Good Quality Wheel Barrow by Prestar costs Rm90 while a wheel barrow imported from China costs Rm70. With Renminbi now up by 15% the price gap is narrowed. A construction company would have replaced 3 flimsy Chinese Made Wheel Barrows Before discovering the Strong, Tough Enduring Quality of Prestar.

4) THE STRONG SINGAPORE DOLLAR

Iskandar is only 3 minutes away by Causeway Ride From Singapore. But Prices are now only 1/3 of Singapore! See One Mighty Sing Dollar Now Equals RM2.83

Every Weekend Long Queues of Cars Made Its Way Into Iskandar. It is now the Best Time To Pick Up That Landed Property. Why Landed Property? Please see my article on “SUPERIORITY OF LANDED PROPERTY OVER HIGH RISE CONDOS”

5) ISKANDAR CRISS CROSSED BY 6 & 8 LANES SUPER FREEWAYS

Right Now The Pasir Gudang Highway is being upgraded from 4 lanes to 6 lanes. Traveling in Iskandar is a breeze. Also much of it TOLL FREE Unlike KL or Spore with Electronic Tolls everywhere!

6) FREE FROM EARTHQUAKES, TYPHOONS, VOLCANO ERUPTION OR TSUNAMI

Right Now Typhoons are Slamming into Korea & China. Flights are cancelled in Bali due to Volcanic Activity. Iskandar is really the last bastion for safety in an increasing turbulent planet.

7) HEALTH CARE, EDUCATION & AMENITIES ARE A FRACTION IN COST COMPARED TO ALL OTHER COUNTRIES.

Well known as a low Cost Medical Destination A Dozen World Class Hospitals Are Found here. Also over 2 dozens of World Class Universities & International Schools.

8) WORLD CLASS THEME PARKS

Already Up are LEGOLAND, LEGO WATER PARK, HELLO SANRIO KITTY, 2 OCEAN PARKS IN PROGRESS IN DESARU & 2 WORLD CLASS THEME PARKS BY SUNWAY LAGOONS.

9) FUTURE CONNECTIVITY BY MRT FROM SPORE THOMSON & HIGH SPEED RAIL FROM KL – GERBANG NUSAJAYA – SPORE. CHANGI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ONLY 50 MINUTES AWAY!

10) ISKANDAR – THE HEART OF THE PACIFIC CENTURY BOOM!

Flanked by China in the North, India in the West, Singapore just south of the border Iskandar is in the Heart of It All!

Look no further. Iskandar will be your BEST INVESTMENT FOR THE NEXT 30 YEARS!

ACT NOW TO SECURE YOUR INVESTMENT IN ISKANDAR!!

NOTEWORTHY NOTES:

Don’t be misled by All Negative News About Iskandar Real Estates. There is a rumour about property glut in Iskandar due to misinformation.

There is no Glut for Affordable Landed Properties Except in High-end High Rise Condos.

Suppose there is a sudden increase of Fast Food Stores selling burgers and hotdogs in Iskandar. Now, people in Iskandar are only interested in eating rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So what is the sudden fuss of food glut? It only concern those selling burgers.

Nothing to do with those who only prefer to eat rice and not burgers.

So the people of Iskandar are more interested in landed properties like single or double storey houses, Cluster, Semi Detached or Bungalows.

Calvin’s Warning!

Those naysayers who spew false news about Iskandar property glut are only misguided souls who do not know the actual status of Iskandar. Superficial writers cocooned in the airchair comfort of aircondition office know next to nothing about the hot demand for affordable Landed properties in Iskandar. You better avoid these false prophets and stay faraway from them. Or else you will really miss the Opportunity of a Life Time!

THE ISKANDAR STORY WILL OUTSHINE SHENZHEN FOR YEARS TO COME!!

Both single storey houses by Tmn Daya have long queues & sold out in one day.

Over in Tmn Pelangi the single storey houses priced at Rm380,000 also all gone in one day!

In Bandar Sri Alam Imperial Jade 2 storey 20×60 houses below Rm500,000 are also totally sold out.

Latest News:

Today May 14th I paid a visit to Ecoworld’s Faraway Kota Masai.

Amazing indeed! All 2 storey houses launched below Rm500,000 all snapped up in this once God-forsaken place!

This is what happened.

Just before the day before sales commenced at 10 am. The day before at 1 pm long queue of people lined up! After waiting for 21 long hours the gate for booking finally opened at 10 am the next day. Within less than 2 hours ALL SOLD OUT!

20×70′ 2 Storey Houses Priced around Rm460,000 All Gone Like Hot Cakes!!

So there is still a strong pent up demand for Affordable Landed Properties in Iskandar. For High-End Condos there will also be buyers. It is only a matter of time when Booming population growth finally take up all empty spaces.

STOP PRESS!!

Latest News! From Baseline Profitability Index (BPI). Malaysia now ranked 6th Among 110 Nations! And Industrial / Commercial / Residential Lands in Iskandar still the cheapest compared to all of Malaysia!

ISKANDAR, therefore, is the Most Attractive Investment Destination Now! And Singapore also in Top Ten!

All Converging Positive Factors Will Propel Iskandar into THE ULTIMATE FINAL DESTINATION FOR INVESTMENT & WEALTH PRESERVATION ON PLANET EARTH TODAY!

STOP PRESS!! STOP PRESS!!!

Latest Update of FDI For Manufacturing in Iskandar 30th August, 2015

For the First Half of Year 2015 (only 6 months) FDI For Manufactures in Iskandar has Surged to a WHOPPING RM27 BILLIONS (ANNUALIZED A STUPENDOUS MIND BOGGLING RM54 BILLIONS!!)

The Ringgit is Now Rm3.00 to One Almighty Sing Dollar.

There is A Explosion of People Flowing into Affluent First World Singapore Every Morning.

At JB Causeway there is a long line of people walking across the causeway as early as 4 a.m every morning! It is faster walking on foot than waiting for the bus.
2) Over in Bukit Indah, outside Giant Supermarket, there is a very long queue of people waiting for the bus as early as 4 am. The Bus Driver said that CW3 Bus is delayed at the 2nd Link Custom by up to an hour due to the thousands and thousands of motor bikes converging at the 2nd Link – spilling into and blocking the bus lanes.

3) With the Ever Increasing Number of People migrating to Spore & Iskandar for work rental property prices have shot up by another 20% to 30%

THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY YOU MUST ACT FAST TO BUY THAT LANDED PROPERTY IN ISKANDAR!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree to landed properties, just need to cross fingers and toes that you are not unfortunate enough to face a security breach.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree to landed properties, just need to cross fingers and toes that you are not unfortunate enough to face a security breach.

Anywhere in Malaysia you get the same story about security.
If you decide to stay here, it is no different from Indonesia, Thailand, Sabah, India, London, Paris, Rome, even Sydney. Part and parcel of the whole package. Just got to be street smart. Long ago my car kena break in. My mistake as my note book was on the passenger seat.

So you want stay here, this is the risk factor.