• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My views on Iskandar. Please share yours.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be wrong to generalise and say that those who bought into JB take security lightly. Instead we manage the risks as best as we can. Take the usual common sense measures. Try not to stand out and be a walking target. Keep kids close to you etc etc.

I wait for the correct time to consider my move to JB when kids are more or less out of the way, thankfully my "kids" are 20 and 17, boy is in NS HT training as a police man and girl in Melbourne now as a citizen, that is why the priority now is a home in Melbourne.

Next phase is JB retirement planning in a 5 year horizon. This would coincide with my boy finishing NS and uni, my plan may be to put him in the HDB in Singapore while we retire in JB, not fair to make him travel up and down everyday to work if he were to follow us to JB, as transport would be a problem, I would try to avoid owning an SG plate car in JB to keep low profile and get an MY registered vehicle and my son cannot use it to commute as Singaporean cannot drive MY car in Singapore.

Jury is still open with regards to landed property purchase, if choosing to live in condo, then no brainer for me to rent.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all live in a rough society. I had gone a long way from staying in a very rough neighbourhood where blood on the 5ft way in the early hours is norms. I had neighboours who are addicts and pushers. I drink toddy with them sitting next to me but it does not bother me. Just in case you like to know, it is in KL called Tiong Nam and Sentul. Bad hats do not bother me. I am poorer than them.

Fast forward and when you are wealthy, you tend to upgrade your living standard. You like to have a clean and upper class living style. You tend to be worried for your family. You stay in gated communities and shop in higher class areas. Your kids go to international schools and moms send and pick them up. That's fact of life.
Security wise, you have blend with the surroundings. So it is a choice you have to make.

No cities are free from bad hats. It is a matter of what degree you want to tolerate. Investment wise, it is the same. For me personally , I think East Ledang landed areas or Puteri Harbour are safer. But does that mean other parts of JB is unsafe? Not true. Why do I think of it that way that JB is not suitable? Simply because I do not know that area or I am not used to its surroundings. Same as in London. You don't go around investing in certain areas which traditionally had racial problems like certain parts of East London. You invest in places like Canary Wharf, Notting Hill or Prime Central.

JB is no different. Not the whole JB is unsafe. There are nice places to live in there too. I am sure you will find one.

Thanks for sharing.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wait for the correct time to consider my move to JB when kids are more or less out of the way, thankfully my "kids" are 20 and 17, boy is in NS HT training as a police man and girl in Melbourne now as a citizen, that is why the priority now is a home in Melbourne.

Next phase is JB retirement planning in a 5 year horizon. This would coincide with my boy finishing NS and uni, my plan may be to put him in the HDB in Singapore while we retire in JB, not fair to make him travel up and down everyday to work if he were to follow us to JB, as transport would be a problem, I would try to avoid owning an SG plate car in JB to keep low profile and get an MY registered vehicle and my son cannot use it to commute as Singaporean cannot drive MY car in Singapore.

Jury is still open with regards to landed property purchase, if choosing to live in condo, then no brainer for me to rent.

I don't have $2.6m in my wallet so our move was there and then before we get priced out by the new minimum purchase price.:p

And it was the most feasible and economic move to make, we get a landed house property, live in a landed house experience, and get to rent out a HDB. No other way we can have done it if we remained in Singapore.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have $2.6m in my wallet so our move was there and then before we get priced out by the new minimum purchase price.:p

And it was the most feasible and economic move to make, we get a landed house property, live in a landed house experience, and get to rent out a HDB. No other way we can have done it if we remained in Singapore.

Yours is G&G or FH titled?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the message from the blogger is very straight forward that landed residentials is affordable.
Johoreans traditionally like landed properties. Actually most Malaysians do. At the same breathe, to say Singaporeans will swarm Johore landed properties will not happen 100%.

One thing for sure. Iskandar have the space and the luxury of time to launch landed properties. The land cost is much cheaper than those waterfront ones. Therefore they can afford to wait over the years. The cost of construction is also much lower. They are not under the pressure to build and sell at high cost.

Personally I feel that the raise to minimum RM1 million purchase price is very drastic. So I consider myself blessed to have been able to buy when the window was still opened. For someone with shallow pocket it is a lot of difference when it comes to upfront costs and monthly payment if I had to buy above a million dollars ringgit.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I feel that the raise to minimum RM1 million purchase price is very drastic. So I consider myself blessed to have been able to buy when the window was still opened. For someone with shallow pocket it is a lot of difference when it comes to upfront costs and monthly payment if I had to buy above a million dollars ringgit.

single story house almost reaching RM 0.5M. (Not toking about corner unit). it is time to raise to 1.5M ..:p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
single story house almost reaching RM 0.5M. (Not toking about corner unit). it is time to raise to 1.5M ..:p

Since I already have taken one bite of the pie (ok...make that two:p), can raise lah....LOL! Potter you so wicked...:biggrin:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Threshold of RM 1.0m is for new houses or subsale? Those who did not buy then now bang la.

Both, if I am not wrong. Landed confirmed must be above one million, though condo still got a few from developers that can buy below the one million limit.:p

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. G&G means strata titled and basically it means you look after your own self for every inch of the land within the community. Local council do not get involved. You have your own fence and own guards and also your own gardeners. You employ contractors to dispose your rubbish as well. Everyone abide by those rules.

2. G & G also means Gated and Guarded. What is known as Guarded? Guarded at the front main gate as gate keepers or Guarded as a form of security guards in the neighbourhood? Do they get involved with arrests of criminals or they are just as doormen?

3. Sometimes developers put up a physical wall or a wire fenced and people think is gated or it is just a physical barrier and nothing else? Then again it cannot be construed as a Gated. The local councils have access to your roads and they are public areas. Everyone has the right to walk along those streets.

4. Some self improvised gated using wire chain linked fence with big oil drums blocking the entrance is also known as gated and a few Banglas saluting every car that go in and out unchecked is known as guarded?

It is a great feeling that your house is within the fenced perimeter but then again it is important to know the limits of it. Do not be lulled by a false sense of security. I know cos I stay in one and it ain’t what I tot it is. In the end of the day, G & G is not 100% and you still need to put up the grilles to keep out the salesmen. Somehow I cannot keep the cats from pooing into my garden. It does deter convenient burglars but it definitely not 100% secured.

Once I also had this ADT security system where it is monitored 24/7 via a CMS system. When your premise is intruded, your phone rings (usually in the middle of the night), you go and check out your premise. I tell you by the time you reach your house, the siren is blaring, the strobe light is blinking and you are going around your house look looking afar yet you dare not go in. Twice it happened to me and fortunately it is a false alarm. It is not fun at all.

So choose what you think it is as many times it is not.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Tekkun, when I asked Frodo on the FH title, I meant as FH title non G&G strata titled type. Anyway since he mentioned G&G, I knew it was strata titled.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. G&G means strata titled and basically it means you look after your own self for every inch of the land within the community. Local council do not get involved. You have your own fence and own guards and also your own gardeners. You employ contractors to dispose your rubbish as well. Everyone abide by those rules.

2. G & G also means Gated and Guarded. What is known as Guarded? Guarded at the front main gate as gate keepers or Guarded as a form of security guards in the neighbourhood? Do they get involved with arrests of criminals or they are just as doormen?

3. Sometimes developers put up a physical wall or a wire fenced and people think is gated or it is just a physical barrier and nothing else? Then again it cannot be construed as a Gated. The local councils have access to your roads and they are public areas. Everyone has the right to walk along those streets.

4. Some self improvised gated using wire chain linked fence with big oil drums blocking the entrance is also known as gated and a few Banglas saluting every car that go in and out unchecked is known as guarded?

It is a great feeling that your house is within the fenced perimeter but then again it is important to know the limits of it. Do not be lulled by a false sense of security. I know cos I stay in one and it ain’t what I tot it is. In the end of the day, G & G is not 100% and you still need to put up the grilles to keep out the salesmen. Somehow I cannot keep the cats from pooing into my garden. It does deter convenient burglars but it definitely not 100% secured.

Once I also had this ADT security system where it is monitored 24/7 via a CMS system. When your premise is intruded, your phone rings (usually in the middle of the night), you go and check out your premise. I tell you by the time you reach your house, the siren is blaring, the strobe light is blinking and you are going around your house look looking afar yet you dare not go in. Twice it happened to me and fortunately it is a false alarm. It is not fun at all.

So choose what you think it is as many times it is not.

My current residential experience of Guarded and Gated is that there are guards stationed at the only entrance/exit, checking vehicles and people, taking identification docs, and making regular rounds on bikes. Where bike not accessible they also do walk around the perimeters (don't know whether on schedule or not though since I never time them...scheduled timing not ideal IMO) during the day and during the night. Have not encountered salesmen so far, except those health people coming to check for dengue. In some ways we entrust ourselves to them...so sometimes when I buy supper I also tapao for them (kopi + roti prata)...not to fatten them but to thank them for keeping alert and awake, or at least try to lah.:biggrin:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Tekkun, when I asked Frodo on the FH title, I meant as FH title non G&G strata titled type. Anyway since he mentioned G&G, I knew it was strata titled.

Strata title is a form a co-ownership of a land, it could be leasehold or freehold. Basically it means the use of land is freehold or leasehold but multiple ownership. It also mean that even the playground, roads, basketball courts all belong to these multiple owners.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mine is individual title type, as far as I know. By G&G I meant guarded and gated, not the first description by Tekkun.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strata title is a form a co-ownership of a land, it could be leasehold or freehold. Basically it means the use of land is freehold or leasehold but multiple ownership. It also mean that even the playground, roads, basketball courts all belong to these multiple owners.

Yep and I prefer FH stand alone title. But security not a good.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
My current residential experience of Guarded and Gated is that there are guards stationed at the only entrance/exit, checking vehicles and people, taking identification docs, and making regular rounds on bikes. Where bike not accessible they also do walk around the perimeters (don't know whether on schedule or not though since I never time them...scheduled timing not ideal IMO) during the day and during the night. Have not encountered salesmen so far, except those health people coming to check for dengue. In some ways we entrust ourselves to them...so sometimes when I buy supper I also tapao for them (kopi + roti prata)...not to fatten them but to thank them for keeping alert and awake, or at least try to lah.:biggrin:

My residential area has a 10ft high brickwall surrounding all 8 phases and armed with 2ft high General Electric Powerfence (live electric wires) mounted on top of the wall with main guard house and sub guard house at every smaller phase. We have a total of 30 plus guards at any time. That too is not a fully gated and guarded community. G & G is really mind boggling.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My residential area has a 10ft high brickwall surrounding all 8 phases and armed with 2ft high General Electric Powerfence (live electric wires) mounted on top of the wall with main guard house and sub guard house at every smaller phase. We have a total of 30 plus guards at any time. That too is not a fully gated and guarded community. G & G is really mind boggling.

Loose definition...got guard and got gate...means guarded and gated..LOL!

Yours must be a big community of people living there. Mine just one block of land with total of 120 plus semi-Ds and terraces. So far no problem, despite occasional slip-ups when kids left front door and gate all unlocked throughout the night! Face/palm!:eek: