• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Life (Malay) True Story.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Fair call,an independent ombudsmen on hmmm racial employment equality to determine how fair a some "mandarin speaking " qualifications are.

I would also argue for loan free education or literally scholarships for the bottom 20% of Singapore's society which also includes a chance at top global universities in view of their greater disadvantaged circumstances.

I believe Mendaki is doing something similar as a brillant and talented Malay female friend of mine had her education abroad loan free through the said Mendaki Scholarship

My question is how and how far do u believe the "special position" or "rights" of the Malays should be acknowledged ?

Locke

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, do let us take a look at Indonesia. There are several reasons the Chinese have a dominant position in the Indon economy.

Yes, there are proportionately more hardworking (in the urban commercial sense) people of Chinese ethnicity than among some of the native peoples of what is today Indonesia.

But let's not also forget that the second wave of Chinese immigrant comprised mainly traders who then received preferential treatment from the Dutch colonialists who saw them as having valuable contacts with mainland China. To the Dutch, the native peoples were little more than cultivators of the land who provided them raw materials to trade with.

This preferential treatment helped the Chinese people establish and maintain their dominance over the economy. By the time independence came about, Chinese businesses were like today's banks - too big to fail. But not to exploit! Nationalistic politicians targeted the Chinese as hate figures who exploited the local population. And this targeting created another opportunity for the likes of Suharto.

The Suharto regime developed a compact with the Chinese people that went something like this. 'You Chinese people are hated by the people and will get wiped out by the "barbarian hordes" without our protection. We will protect you but we want our fingers in your businesses. And, oh, to make it seem less obvious that we are doing deals with the Chinese, we don't want to see: Chinese signboards; the use of Chinese anywhere in the documentation; and since we're at this stage, get rid of your Chinese names.'

So, please, while the Chinese people have been great survivors, let us not imagine them / us to have done it without crucial assistance at the right time.

Take a look at say indonesia. Where the chinese don't even have chinese names. obviously they really hate chinese over there yet the chinese own so much of the economy. They can rise above adversity.

it's funny i guess he wants some help but of course u cannot say it so straightforward that he wants some help. You have to give the help and then rephrase that as them using their own abilities so as not to hurt their feelings again.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, please, while the Chinese people have been great survivors, let us not imagine them / us to have done it without crucial assistance at the right time.

I must agree with you here.Pure hard work gets you nowhere.The Javanese in Indonesia are extremely hardworking.You can see them toiling as maids in Peesai on 24 hrs call.So are the Banglas sweeping our streets.Comparatively I had seen many PRC engaged as town council cleaners with fuck care attitude.

Even working smart is not as profitable anymore.It simply boils down to being in the right place at the right time...The mostly urban Chinese Indonesians were fortunate for several reasons.Firstly their global networks amongst other Chinese.Similarly with other global tribes such as the Jews and Indians.This is the greatest drawback for local natives .Including Malays and native Indonesians...Peesai itself owes its success as an entrepot -a glorified name for middleman.

Middleman earns big bucks.Just like the greedy bankers who earn billions just by shifting papers.When their greed gets better of them,it's the hard working people who picks up the pieces.Obama had recognized this.Read today's news.

So equating wealth with hard work is pure humbug.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, do let us take a look at Indonesia. There are several reasons the Chinese have a dominant position in the Indon economy.

Yes, there are proportionately more hardworking (in the urban commercial sense) people of Chinese ethnicity than among some of the native peoples of what is today Indonesia.

But let's not also forget that the second wave of Chinese immigrant comprised mainly traders who then received preferential treatment from the Dutch colonialists who saw them as having valuable contacts with mainland China. To the Dutch, the native peoples were little more than cultivators of the land who provided them raw materials to trade with.

This preferential treatment helped the Chinese people establish and maintain their dominance over the economy. By the time independence came about, Chinese businesses were like today's banks - too big to fail. But not to exploit! Nationalistic politicians targeted the Chinese as hate figures who exploited the local population. And this targeting created another opportunity for the likes of Suharto.

The Suharto regime developed a compact with the Chinese people that went something like this. 'You Chinese people are hated by the people and will get wiped out by the "barbarian hordes" without our protection. We will protect you but we want our fingers in your businesses. And, oh, to make it seem less obvious that we are doing deals with the Chinese, we don't want to see: Chinese signboards; the use of Chinese anywhere in the documentation; and since we're at this stage, get rid of your Chinese names.'

They might have assistance but this does not make it any lesser.

The part where they would be torn down by the barbarian hordes. That's fucked up. I doubt any minority would ever have that happen to him if he was in a chinese majority country.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I must agree with you here.Pure hard work gets you nowhere.The Javanese in Indonesia are extremely hardworking.You can see them toiling as maids in Peesai on 24 hrs call.So are the Banglas sweeping our streets.Comparatively I had seen many PRC engaged as town council cleaners with fuck care attitude.

Even working smart is not as profitable anymore.It simply boils down to being in the right place at the right time...The mostly urban Chinese Indonesians were fortunate for several reasons.Firstly their global networks amongst other Chinese.Similarly with other global tribes such as the Jews and Indians.This is the greatest drawback for local natives .Including Malays and native Indonesians...Peesai itself owes its success as an entrepot -a glorified name for middleman.

Middleman earns big bucks.Just like the greedy bankers who earn billions just by shifting papers.When their greed gets better of them,it's the hard working people who picks up the pieces.Obama had recognized this.Read today's news.

So equating wealth with hard work is pure humbug.

well the chinese aren't only successful in indonesia but malaysia, thailand and almost every sea country. I guess they were so fortunate to be at the right place and at the right time all the time.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i dont really understand why we consider the malays as sons of the soil and natives of the land. Tot they teach in history that there is no such thing as a Malay and its conctructed by the brits?
banner.cgi

So in reality they are "bastards"?

Last edited:

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
I respect and appreciate forummer contribution, regardless of it content be it negative or positive.

I’ve taken these trailing messages into discussion to share with others view and/or opinion.

The discussion touches on “Rights” & “Discrimination” in Singapore.

The Malays emphasized that willingness to forgo the “Rights” if opportunities can strike to balance for every race.

As we know that Lee Kuan Yew will abuse ISD authority to silent us if we would to take it openly.

We have learned through failures in street protest, and is impossible to adopt such approach countries such as; Malaysia, Thailand or Hong Kong.

Lee Kuan Yew may probably be aware that this issue will involve United Nation interference and Malaysia and implicate his 50 years administration into complication; this probably is the key leading to more exposure in his 50 years administration.

We can’t outsmart Lee Kuan Yew in his territory, but there is always an alternatives option.

At the moment, the question still remained as hot topic, who will be the most suitable person to act as representative?

It is obvious that we need a caliber man/woman that have strong political establishment or influences from other nation, preferably have a good relationship with Malaysia Royal King, Government and with the United Nation agency.

This is not an easy task, will not going to happen overnight or so soon.

I know that this approach seems in the Malays race interest only, I can assure that this have never been our solely intention.

If one to fight for the Rights, while others to fight for their existence, there will be no end, and if the past history in 1964 reverse, it will become nightmare for all of us - birth-rights Singaporean.

it is pointless to debate about which race should rightfully gain the credit for Singapore success; it is Singaporean as ONE nation who has contributed in one way or another for what we have today.

To put it bluntly, it is the suffering that we have gained silently.

If Malay community able to break through, I can assure you that other politician will take the crucial approach towards Singapore government administration for more “new discovery”.

Perhaps, you may be right, Malays is the best bet and could be the primary key to unlock.

Like many, the Malays also wish to see Singapore future to become real open society with good governance and administration with transparency.

Lets work together if you have the sincerity to progress for our future.

Thank you.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seem to be sufering from some serious inferiority complex. Damaged to the point where you cant even have a conversation without it turing into a monologue.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
well the chinese aren't only successful in indonesia but malaysia, thailand and almost every sea country. I guess they were so fortunate to be at the right place and at the right time all the time.

Good question.I pondered the same many times...You have indeed answered.Yes,being in the right place in the right time.If you care to note the successful Chinese you refer to in SEA are entirely urban typo.Take Indonesia for example,there is a town in Indonesia called Pontian.Almost entirely Chinese.But poor as church mouse and called morons even by natives.Why?Because they are a farming community.Their only hope is to sell their daughters to Taiwanese farmers and etc.Even Indon Chinese won't touch Pontian Chinese woman with a ten foot pole.That is why being in the right place at the right time helps.

If you look globally.The Chinese migrant history in US is as old as their earliest whites.But do not get much further than laundry and eatery business.Compared with Jews and East Indians they lack behind.So having accomandating nice natives really helps.The whites had such natives in Americas,Australia and Africa.So they thrived.But not in Asia such as China or India so they quit.Similarly the Chinese were fortunate to have nice natives in SEA,so they thrived.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps, you may be right, Malays is the best bet and could be the primary key to unlock.

Thank you.

Glad you saw my point.Malays are our only hope to unlock Leegime's strangle hold on peesai..Unwittingly the top dog himself opened that flood gate in his most stupid speech in the parliament...His usual bravado of not letting the sleeping giant sleep sort of saying.

Many local opposition politicians have failed to realize the value of Malays as natives .It is a very powerful tool if it can be harnessed.Pehaps only SDP is an exception as I see many Malay youths in their prime taking the risk of going to jail.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good question.I pondered the same many times...You have indeed answered.Yes,being in the right place in the right time.If you care to note the successful Chinese you refer to in SEA are entirely urban typo.Take Indonesia for example,there is a town in Indonesia called Pontian.Almost entirely Chinese.But poor as church mouse and called morons even by natives.Why?Because they are a farming community.Their only hope is to sell their daughters to Taiwanese farmers and etc.Even Indon Chinese won't touch Pontian Chinese woman with a ten foot pole.That is why being in the right place at the right time helps.

If you look globally.The Chinese migrant history in US is as old as their earliest whites.But do not get much further than laundry and eatery business.Compared with Jews and East Indians they lack behind.So having accomandating nice natives really helps.The whites had such natives in Americas,Australia and Africa.So they thrived.But not in Asia such as China or India so they quit.Similarly the Chinese were fortunate to have nice natives in SEA,so they thrived.

Where is this pontian chinese community? It's expected that every race will have it's dregs.

Pontian chinese women very ugly? :biggrin:

I searched on google and was led to wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontian

Nope no pontian indonesia. Only in malaysia.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope no pontian indonesia. Only in malaysia.

<style></style> <table class="hp"> <tbody> <tr> <td> Pontian or Potianak-The Chinese district of West Kalimantan

Port and capital of West Kalimantan province, Indonesia, situated at the confluence of the Landak and Kapuas Kecil rivers; population (2000) 432,700. Major exports include timber, rubber, palm oil, and copra; there are shipbuilding and rubber- and timber-processing industries. The city has a significant Chinese and its hinterland has Chinese rice cultivation.
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="hp"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Pontianak was established in 1772 and became the base for a Dutch trading station in 1778. Many of its houses are built on piles in order to avoid flooding from the rivers. The city has an airport at nearby Supadio.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi NG,

Thank you for your contribution.

The Malays recognized other races contribution – in particularly to the Chinese, and we acknowledged that.

In return, the Malays has been appreciating by making room for other races in whatever they wish to have in Singapore, not even have any intention to jeopardize this peaceful life.

As we considered both Singapore-Chinese and China-Chinese as ONE race since Mandarin language has no communication barrier, we noted that the Chinese population increase tremendously, thus our prediction on the increase is more than just recorded 75 percents and naturally we felt that the Malays is going into extinction.

Based on the Malaysian report (Sorry I’ve forgotten which Malaysia News website), they have received application from Singaporean for Malaysia citizenship over 1000 applications each year.

This is most worrying situation not just for the Malaysian government but to the natives Singaporean Malay as well.

The ‘Rights’ memorandum is not deliberately to cause unpleasant among other races , it is solely to uphold it values and to apply necessarily and even if it can control in this intense situation, and it will be use for good purposes.

I sincerely hope other forummer able to understand and be objective in their view.

Thank you.

Glad you saw my point.Malays are our only hope to unlock Leegime's strangle hold on peesai..Unwittingly the top dog himself opened that flood gate in his most stupid speech in the parliament...His usual bravado of not letting the sleeping giant sleep sort of saying.

Many local opposition politicians have failed to realize the value of Malays as natives .It is a very powerful tool if it can be harnessed.Pehaps only SDP is an exception as I see many Malay youths in their prime taking the risk of going to jail.

Last edited:

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I consider this as soft approach rather than confrontational - This is what I have in mind but unsure at first.

There is one approach where it need not be confrontational. In the business world, we call it a "sanity check". The Malay leaders can ask the govt to appoint an independent body to validate what those special rights are, the value and if it actually tangible and the cost to the nation. There are 2 reasons for it

1) Walk the talk as enshrined in Sec 152 (2)
2) Clearly dispel what appears to be a perception that Malays are given jobs, housing, etc which are clearly not true.

At the moment, no one has any clue. I am sure if the PAP respect the laws that it wrote, it would not mind having a second opnion. The UN has a number of bodies that tackle these issues. Don't waste time with NGO - more song and dance rather than the issue at hand.

I can tell you people especially the minorities were not very pleased when a Malay MP (obviously picked to do the dirty work) stood up in parliament and disparaged Viswa (a minority member NMP) for raising the pledge and equality issue. Clearly one of his key issues and many consider central was the treatment of minorities.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
((As we considered both Singapore-Chinese and China-Chinese as ONE race since Mandarin language has no communication barrier, we noted that the Chinese population increase tremendously, thus our prediction on the increase is more than just recorded 75 percents and naturally we felt that the Malays is going into extinction.))

SGMAlay,

at the rate malays reproduce, i think you guys will never extinct lah.. dun worry ok..:biggrin:

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct, they "reproduce" like GPMG machine gun, can't deny that.
(Actually, I also tak boleh tahan)

In Singapore birth statistic, malay birth rate outnumbered other races.

But some of the family malay (Family size between 3 - 5 in a family including Husband/Wife) whom I know personally have moved to Malaysia while others is waiting for the result until they receive "go-ahead" news.

So in other words, singapore statistic birth rate is inaccurate.

((As we considered both Singapore-Chinese and China-Chinese as ONE race since Mandarin language has no communication barrier, we noted that the Chinese population increase tremendously, thus our prediction on the increase is more than just recorded 75 percents and naturally we felt that the Malays is going into extinction.))

SGMAlay,

at the rate malays reproduce, i think you guys will never extinct lah.. dun worry ok..:biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
But some of the family malay (Family size between 3 - 5 in a family including Husband/Wife) whom I know personally have moved to Malaysia while others is waiting for the result until they receive "go-ahead" news.

I'm curious about Malays moving to Malaysia. I wonder if you know what sort of restrictions/procedure when they move over to Malaysia? Sg Malays that moved to Malaysia, do they get the benefits as Malaysia Malay? Is it also possible for an Sg Malay to become a Malaysian citizen?

PS: I'm not trying to suggest that Malays should move to Malaysia, I'm just curious what would be involved if they do.

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sorry; I don't have concrete information to provide, I suppose the requirement can be found in Malaysian Government website.

Last information from my relative, Malaysia authority has withheld quite numbers of application but didn’t say for what reason.

As far as I know, ex-Singaporean did flash their Malaysian ID happily to me when I met them in JB.

This is a big shocked!

I'm curious about Malays moving to Malaysia. I wonder if you know what sort of restrictions/procedure when they move over to Malaysia? Sg Malays that moved to Malaysia, do they get the benefits as Malaysia Malay? Is it also possible for an Sg Malay to become a Malaysian citizen?

PS: I'm not trying to suggest that Malays should move to Malaysia, I'm just curious what would be involved if they do.

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting. Singapore statistics are inaccurate while Malaysian statistics are acceptable.

Mark Twain: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<style></style> <table class="hp"> <tbody> <tr> <td> Pontian or Potianak-The Chinese district of West Kalimantan

Port and capital of West Kalimantan province, Indonesia, situated at the confluence of the Landak and Kapuas Kecil rivers; population (2000) 432,700. Major exports include timber, rubber, palm oil, and copra; there are shipbuilding and rubber- and timber-processing industries. The city has a significant Chinese and its hinterland has Chinese rice cultivation.
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="hp"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Pontianak was established in 1772 and became the base for a Dutch trading station in 1778. Many of its houses are built on piles in order to avoid flooding from the rivers. The city has an airport at nearby Supadio.</td></tr></tbody></table>

so u did not spell it properly for me. It's a town or a city? A town i can understand when u stereotype the ppl, but a city?