• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Life (Malay) True Story.

Premnair

Alfrescian
Loyal
"It's a fact U jolly well learn the language that they need to use. USA does not belong to the whites why must 1 learn english over there?"

To state the above and yet continue to post without embarrassment only means you are too stupid. This contradiction and self inflicted shame construes that you are wheelchair bound and being paid for the by the PAP which explains why you are not hauled by the ISD racial slurs and sedition and most of us have to be restrained in our postings.

If malay is the National Language of Singapore, then you need to learn and use it.

DUMBO!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your input.

One example, what if India takes over China economy success someday, do Singaporean need to learn Tamil to accommodate company business direction?

Let’s have your view on this.

Thank you.

Tamil is not the only languages in India, there is also Hindi which is used mostly in the northern region. English is the unofficial business language in India, thats why there is a lot of IT outsourcing companies in India. The language barrier is perceived to be lower.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

One example, what if India takes over China economy success someday, do Singaporean need to learn Tamil to accommodate company business direction?

Thank you.

You don't have to think so far and talk BIG things about huge economy lah!

Just concetrate on improving your lot ( which has not been so for the last 500 years since), show me that your lot is really sincere about breaking out of the poverty mould, change your attitude and mindset and take the lead to set great examples for the other races to see.

It is not the environment that is preventing changes for the better, to happen for you or your type of ppl.

It is all within yourself!:biggrin:

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that the best you can do to be defensive on malay land by avoiding my question?

What a shame!

You learned well from Lee Kuan Yew using diversion tactics.

"It's a fact U jolly well learn the language that they need to use. USA does not belong to the whites why must 1 learn english over there?"

To state the above and yet continue to post without embarrassment only means you are too stupid. This contradiction and self inflicted shame construes that you are wheelchair bound and being paid for the by the PAP which explains why you are not hauled by the ISD racial slurs and sedition and most of us have to be restrained in our postings.

If malay is the National Language of Singapore, then you need to learn and use it.

DUMBO!

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

I read in the honest exchanges between SGMalay and other fellow Singaporeans a search both for an identity, pride coupled with a certain sense of defensiveness about racial, and community stero types.

Firstly he is of what would be considered Malay Upper Middle Class, or a Malay Professional, his worries are that of "glass ceilings." I would argue that his worries whilst valid are entirely different from the worries of working class malays whose jobs like the jobs of chinese and indians are under threat from cheap foreign labor and globalization.

The worries of employers even those who want to give working class stiffs of whatever race a job are quite valid. Is it racial sterotyping when we discuss or acknowledge the fact that there are community problems and that employers have faced greater problems with Malays then with other races ? My perspective is born out from both working in my family SME and in creating my own SME.

Some of these problems that have stated have been borne out by comments by both Mahatir and Malays up north. perhaps though crtiticism however well meaning directed from out side the community will never be taken as well from analysis from within

The Glass ceiling for him will disappear in time, though it has not been helped by the government. The Professional Malays I have worked with and admired , I would hire in
a flash if ever my SME becomes anything less than minute :_))). The need for talent for good people drives globalization and economies forward , no one can ignore that need.

We will have to as a global city be connected with the Muslims of Arabia, the growth of Islamic Finance , globalization will bring with it for all both opportunities and threats.

The question which SG Malay ask's is that of "discrimination" is there institutionalized racism and discrimination in Singapore ? Does he feel accepted as an individual and as a race in society.

I am not a politician, I will not claim perfection for Singapore, because claims for perfection get caught up in history and claims about whether Malays in Malaysia do better than Malays in Singapore

I will say that because Singaporean's divorced from Malaysia because of issues of Malay superiority and Malay dominance , whilst we may never have institutionalized chinese superiority in Singapore to the extent that Malays in Malaysia have. We might have overreacted in our reaction to Malaysia's actions and racial policies.

What do I believe in ? Well some form of political affirmative action, and affirmative action from the very top. Malay's must be seen as participating in the top rungs of Singapore society and politics. A new generation of Malay Political leaders who will actually lead Singapore and not just lead the malay community.

And finally these leaders tackling the real malay specific issues within the Malay community especially for the working class joes even as they tackle the issues for the chinese and indian joes. Only then will we see progress at all levels

Locke

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a sad reply.

Another diversion strategy.

Next please……

You don't have to think so far and talk BIG things about huge economy lah!

Just concetrate on improving your lot ( which has not been so for the last 500 years since), show me that your lot is really sincere about breaking out of the poverty mould, change your attitude and mindset and take the lead to set great examples for the other races to see.

It is not the environment that is preventing changes for the better, to happen for you or your type of ppl.

It is all within yourself!:biggrin:

Premnair

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not the point and SG does not belong to the malays. Wtf is this SG does not belong to any race.

It's a fact U jolly well learn the language that they need to use. USA does not belong to the whites why must 1 learn english over there?

I think you have extra layers of skin to not feel embarrassed about the above posts. By your logic you need to learn malay. And you come across to forummers as working for the ISD and PAP because most of us are restrained in seditious racial slurs while you don't seem to be reprimanded at all. SUSPICIOUS!!!!

Lastly, stop embarrasing yourself with stupid logic.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a sad reply.

Another diversion strategy.

Next please……

SGMalay,

what sort of reply r u expecting:confused: i try ok.. no hard feelings:

i 100% think there IS discrimination by the chinese against the malays.. time and again capable malays are being overlook for jobs and promotions because of their race, not becos they like to take MC, spend 2 hrs at mosque on fridays or take urgent leave to attend family relative's matters (even thou that relative could be unknown to them)..

i promise i will convince my HR dept to employ based on merits other than race. i promise to learn our malay national language properly other than the few malay swear words that i know. i promise to return my freehold property to malays upon my death. i promise not to buy a bike in my life cos it may cause the motorcycle COE to increase.

this asai boh??

PS : is 'asai boh' racist? if yes, ini boleh?...:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you have extra layers of skin to not feel embarrassed about the above posts. By your logic you need to learn malay. And you come across to forummers as working for the ISD and PAP because most of us are restrained in seditious racial slurs while you don't seem to be reprimanded at all. SUSPICIOUS!!!!

Lastly, stop embarrasing yourself with stupid logic.

Look what is the majority race here in SG? Malays?

This is one of the few countries in this world where u need not speak the language of the majority and yet are able to survive.

The fact is SG is sold away and no more malay land. Why can't you get this into your thick skull? OIC there's differences? I know ppl like you. If Sg used to belong to chinese ppl and it was sold to malays you would not be using whatever warped logic you have here. You are bias and btw u are a keling you have to learn malay too following your logic and not your own language.

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think I don’t need to emphasize what came into my defensive argument in discrimination.

There is so many evidence to prove not just about Singapore job employment discrimination that started as early as in 1990’s and that was even before china economy blooming.

And for that reason, it causes Malays community started to alarm.

Not forgetting what Lee Kuan Yew has said times and times again to makes it to a point about the important in maintaining 75% of Chinese populations, leaving unbalance percentage to the Malay, Indian and other races.

This is as good as to diminish the remaining Malay until extinction. You may have not notice yet, why is the Malay keeping extremely low profile?

In times to come, Malays will demand the Rights based on United Nation Constitutional Agreements (which 3 parties has a original copy – Malaysia, Singapore and the United Nation)

My next argument, why must speak Mandarin is so important, reason given, because of business requirement.

What will happen when India takes over China economy success? Does Singaporean need to learn and speak Tamil?

I failed to get honest response, what I do get is defensive responses.

Can you provide a good one?

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is true, I will leave Singapore without any further delay, I will make announcement to the malay community for the choice they would make for themselves.

Until then, prove based on your statement first.

Look what is the majority race here in SG? Malays?

This is one of the few countries in this world where u need not speak the language of the majority and yet are able to survive.

The fact is SG is sold away and no more malay land. Why can't you get this into your thick skull? OIC there's differences? I know ppl like you. If Sg used to belong to chinese ppl and it was sold to malays you would not be using whatever warped logic you have here. You are bias and btw u are a keling you have to learn malay too following your logic and not your own language.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you.

I see that another forummer has answered your question earlier. India have many distinct languages (unlike China where there's a standard Mandarain with many regional dialects). Tamil is the language of Tamil Nadu, not the whole of India. English is still the common unifying language especially in commerce, and therefore not much of a linguistic barrier.

However, I do see your point, and from your point, a better example would be Japan. During the rise of the Japanese economic miracle in the 80s, many job ads specified Japanese-speaking preferred or even required. Then what happened? Japanese language schools sprang up all over and many Chinese wishing to take up such positions attended. It's the same as Chinese in PRC and Thais in Thailand hoarding and queuing up to attend English language schools. They want jobs that require English literacy.

So my answer to your question is yes. If Russia or Spain rise to be economic superpowers, and you want a job dealing with them, then you have to learn Russian or Spanish. That said, I emphatihse with the Malay situation in Singapore where the native has become in minority.

In Malaysia, a Malay could get by all his life speaking Malay only. In China, a Chinese could get by all his life speaking Mandarin only. Ditto Thai in Thailand and Japanese in Japan etc. But still, that's only provided that they're not seeking jobs requiring foreign language literacy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is true, I will leave Singapore without any further delay, I will make announcement to the malay community for the choice they would make for themselves.

Until then, prove based on your statement first.

Sg belongs to all singaporeans regardless of their race. What you are stating is that SG only belongs to malays then what about the other races that were born here?

What do u mean announce to the community? Are you the the community leader of the entire malay population?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see that another forummer has answered your question earlier. India have many distinct languages (unlike China where there's a standard Mandarain with many regional dialects). Tamil is the language of Tamil Nadu, not the whole of India. English is still the common unifying language especially in commerce, and therefore not much of a linguistic barrier.

However, I do see your point, and from your point, a better example would be Japan. During the rise of the Japanese economic miracle in the 80s, many job ads specified Japanese-speaking preferred or even required. Then what happened? Japanese language schools sprang up all over and many Chinese wishing to take up such positions attended. It's the same as Chinese in PRC and Thais in Thailand hoarding and queuing up to attend English language schools. They want jobs that require English literacy.

So my answer to your question is yes. If Russia or Spain rise to be economic superpowers, and you want a job dealing with them, then you have to learn Russian or Spanish. That said, I emphatihse with the Malay situation in Singapore where the native has become in minority.

In Malaysia, a Malay could get by all his life speaking Malay only. In China, a Chinese could get by all his life speaking Mandarin only. Ditto Thai in Thailand and Japanese in Japan etc. But still, that's only provided that they're not seeking jobs requiring foreign language literacy.

The chinese would actually hardly complain if they need to speak another language. Like for eg when japan was rising in the 80s many chinese learnt jap. Did they complain hey why should we learn jap.

LHL can speak russian because his father thought USSR would be a world power and defeat the US or just tries to play if safe. Why didn't LKY lament why did his son need to learn russian?

Just learn mandarin. Many chinese learn and speak malay too.

That's the problem with some of these people. They refuse to learn chinese. They refuse to improve. They want ppl to serve them.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGMalay,

what sort of reply r u expecting:confused: i try ok.. no hard feelings:

i 100% think there IS discrimination by the chinese against the malays.. time and again capable malays are being overlook for jobs and promotions because of their race, not becos they like to take MC, spend 2 hrs at mosque on fridays or take urgent leave to attend family relative's matters (even thou that relative could be unknown to them)..

i promise i will convince my HR dept to employ based on merits other than race. i promise to learn our malay national language properly other than the few malay swear words that i know. i promise to return my freehold property to malays upon my death. i promise not to buy a bike in my life cos it may cause the motorcycle COE to increase.

this asai boh??

PS : is 'asai boh' racist? if yes, ini boleh?...:biggrin:

So SiFu, now you see why this Malay guy who started this thread, has such inferior mindset similiar to the rest of his brood.

His topic started difting, which was his intention, I bring him back to the actual issue that was the cause of his race's 'under performance in society' which resulted in discrimination of his race and this malay quickly claimed..NOT TRUE and say I am trying to divert the issue!

Not only does he not admit to his short fall common among his race, he goes all out to deny it!

Now, it leaves no doubt as to why malays are always going to remain the same and get discrimnated by others!:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one uses an empirical approach, what one will see that Malays, Indians and other minorities are under represented across the upper spectrum. After 50 years of the same govt, there has to be some postive results.

Labels such as 'institutionalised racism" are meaningless. Just look at the numbers.

The covenient catch cry is "meritocracy". If you can't bring people into society, they become marginalised.

Look at Pro basketball - there is reason for the draft. Failing which the same team will likely monopolise the top and the game becomes boring.

No society can be considered successful if there are marginal people in it.

Having been in the civil service, you would not know by now the receipients of scholarships are predominently the offspring of top civil servants. A slow but decided crawl to feudalism..

The question which SG Malay ask's is that of "discrimination" is there institutionalized racism and discrimination in Singapore ? Does he feel accepted as an individual and as a race in society.

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what I have asked my Malay friends - what are you all waiting for - another 50 years of PAP rule. Start now, get the figures, raise it with the Govt and if they fail to give a reasonable answer seek UN help to validate the promises.

From this forum alone, you can see non-malays have the erroneous impression that the jobs, housing have been provided as perks.

Some idiot even suggested that you learn to speak Mandarin. There has already been a number of letters in the past by non-chinese Mandarin speakers who have complained that learning Mandarin did not help.

Did you hear old man's reply to NMP Viswa. The impression is that Malays have been given special treatment but he did not mention what.

The trouble with Yang Razali Kassim and Mendaki gang was to grab the formula not realising the it was the first step to divide and rule. The moment the Indians got suckered into Sinda, CDAC appeared.

In times to come, Malays will demand the Rights based on United Nation Constitutional Agreements (which 3 parties has a original copy – Malaysia, Singapore and the United Nation)

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one uses an empirical approach, what one will see that Malays, Indians and other minorities are under represented across the upper spectrum. After 50 years of the same govt, there has to be some postive results.

Labels such as 'institutionalised racism" are meaningless. Just look at the numbers.

The covenient catch cry is "meritocracy". If you can't bring people into society, they become marginalised.

Look at Pro basketball - there is reason for the draft. Failing which the same team will likely monopolise the top and the game becomes boring.

No society can be considered successful if there are marginal people in it.

Having been in the civil service, you would not know by now the receipients of scholarships are predominently the offspring of top civil servants. A slow but decided crawl to feudalism..

I thought that it is a common belief that to be receipent of awards be it scholarship or likewise, one must prove their worth, even if give a long time to show for it?

But has the malays ( with a few exceptional ones) done so, given the long development period in time, for them to come round to this?

So you are trying to tell ppl here , for the malays it is a 'chicken and egg ' issue is it?

No award..no headway made in society..no headway made in society...equals to NOT being given any awards?

Only a moron would buy such arguements.:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only education and for teritary, it means tested. The amt is pittance. The scholarships given to foreigners and the amount spent per child on SAP student far outweighs this "special" treatment.

You will die laughing when you find out what Malay kids pay for primary, secondary and Pre-U compared to Non-Malay kids. The difference is pittance.

I can tell you that a non-Malay child whose family income is below a certain level will also get assistance.

Old man till today thinks that the money belong to him and his family.

You might want to tell how much they get?

I thought that it is a common belief that to be receipent of awards be it scholarship or likewise, one must prove their worth, even if give a long time to show for it?

But has the malays ( with a few exceptional ones) done so, given the long development period in time, for them to come round to this?

So you are trying to tell ppl here , for the malays it is a 'chicken and egg ' issue is it?

No award..no headway made in society..no headway made in society...equals to NOT being given any awards?

Only a moron would buy such arguements.:biggrin: