• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Eulogy

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ideal burial method would be cremation and have my ashes scattered. Gives me the feeling of omnipresent.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why the need for a eulogy?

Why can't you just slip away quietly without any fuss?

Good morning Mr Leong. I want to slip away without any fuss. Hopefully I can but I will not be physically around to ensure that.

I hate wakes. I hate funerals. They all glorify a dead body. Those who are alive probably do not know how I have led my life. Which I why I don't want them to write and read their eulogies. If there is a need to read one, I want my own words to be read, even if I am lying there, motionless, not breathing and without a heart beat.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good morning Mr Leong. I want to slip away without any fuss. Hopefully I can but I will not be physically around to ensure that.

I hate wakes. I hate funerals. They all glorify a dead body. Those who are alive probably do not know how I have led my life. Which I why I don't want them to write and read their eulogies. If there is a need to read one, I want my own words to be read, even if I am lying there, motionless, not breathing and without a heart beat.

When you are dead, it doesn't matter what you hated when you were alive. There will be a wake because it matters more to those who are still alive. It's a time for them to pay their respects, follow some customs and also a time to meet up with some old friends and relatives.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are dead, it doesn't matter what you hated when you were alive. There will be a wake because it matters more to those who are still alive. It's a time for them to pay their respects, follow some customs and also a time to meet up with some old friends and relatives.

Morning John.

I need no one to pay their "respects". I have led my own life, not them. I dislike all those customary stuff as it inhibits me. Worse, the endless chatting by so called friends and relatives will surely irritate me.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Morning John.

I need no one to pay their "respects". I have led my own life, not them. I dislike all those customary stuff as it inhibits me. Worse, the endless chatting by so called friends and relatives will surely irritate me.

Morning Claire.

Like what I said earlier, the paying of respects is not for you after you are deceased. It is for those paying the respects, for them to feel more at peace with themselves and to reflect what sort of influence you have been in their lives. You are already dead, so whether they pay respects to you or feed your corpse to the dogs, it wouldn't matter at all from your perspective.

The thing is, if you have been a positive influence in someone's life, they will want to come and pay respect. Again, it is something decent people do naturally. If you played absolutely no positive role at all, people will naturally not come to pay their respects at all. They would have better things to do. So, telling them not to come is pointless since they won't come in the first place.

At a funeral, whatever happens is meant for the living. The dead can't be irritated because they are already dead.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morning Claire.

Like what I said earlier, the paying of respects is not for you after you are deceased. It is for those paying the respects, for them to feel more at peace with themselves and to reflect what sort of influence you have been in their lives. You are already dead, so whether they pay respects to you or feed your corpse to the dogs, it wouldn't matter at all from your perspective.

The thing is, if you have been a positive influence in someone's life, they will want to come and pay respect. Again, it is something decent people do naturally. If you played absolutely no positive role at all, people will naturally not come to pay their respects at all. They would have better things to do. So, telling them not to come is pointless since they won't come in the first place.

At a funeral, whatever happens is meant for the living. The dead can't be irritated because they are already dead.

John, I guess I can agree to disagree with your views.

I have no wish for the living to congregate over my dead body whatsoever for their own partake. I live my life and I am responsible for what to the point when my flesh meets the fiery chamber.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
John, I guess I can agree to disagree with your views.

I have no wish for the living to congregate over my dead body whatsoever for their own partake. I live my life and I am responsible for what to the point when my flesh meets the fiery chamber.

Well, if you don't wish for the living to congregate over your dead body, then my advice would be to play a minimal, unimportant role in their lives. They would automatically stay away from your funeral. In the meanwhile, enjoy what's left of the weekend. :smile:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On this day, Saturday, 16 January 2016, I decide that I will write my own Eulogy.

When others read their eulogies at the parlour, I find them distastefully false of the person lying in the wake. Exaggeration are overstatements filled the funeral hall. Tears roll, albeit erroneously as the eulogists are often “cannon-fairying” about the deceased.

Claire

I have always known that I will die alone.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, if you don't wish for the living to congregate over your dead body, then my advice would be to play a minimal, unimportant role in their lives. They would automatically stay away from your funeral. In the meanwhile, enjoy what's left of the weekend. :smile:

Thanks John. i will enjoy what's left of the weekend. :smile:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree.

When I go, I will go alone, and no one in the world will notice. That's the way I will leave.

If you are nobody's role model, good mentor, good friend, devoted parent, filial child, community volunteer, etc etc, then I guarantee you nobody would notice you when you go.

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, we share the same thinking. I dislike the idea of a wake, especially the Chinese type of wake and funeral procession, wearing of Chinese mourning clothes etc.

Most people reading this forum won't have the luxury of having their wakes and funerals when they die unless they are now in their 70's, 80's or older. WW III is much closer than most people realize which means global nuclear war will wipe out most of humanity turning once thriving metropolis into radioactive dumps.

Last edited:

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Don’t worry Claire. WW 3 is much closer than most people realize. Most people reading this forum will be wiped out instantly by nuclear warheads without having to worry about their wakes and funerals, let alone their eulogies.

I myself don’t expect to have a wake and funeral when I pass away because my living flesh will instantly turn into ashes when the nuclear missile hits the city where I’m living.

Last edited:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....All of us will have to lie down ~ be it sooner or later....

...but someone had once proclaimed that he would get up when he was lowered to his grave. You might want to lie down but to some people, lying down is not in their vocabulary.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'll most likely do not have a tombstone, but if there is one, it's epitaph will read..."eat, shit, and die." :biggrin:

If your tombstone could be written this way, then for someone else, it should have been written it if given the option ..."if you lowered me to this grave, I would still get up...so don't fuck around thinking I am gone ..." :biggrin:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
sister, mine will be short and simple. but whoever survives me will have to hire a few american native tribes people all dressed up in tribe costumes to perform a short ensemble. they will sing my eulogy. it will be sung in a cryptic language the attendees will have to decipher. it will go....."wha yah jah kya ai am." :o

wat a let down... i was expecting you to get the sisters from strip dance joint to participate in full birthday suits and taking turns to do lap dance and blow job over your corpse. hopefully, the sexcitement will be enough to resurrect your soul n bring you back from the grip holes of 71 virgins.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm dying. The end is near. It has been a fantastic ride thus far.......