• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My conversation with a new Shittyzen

amk573

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure the employees in the non-Spore offices are fairly treated. In countries like Malaysian, Thailand its not easy to bring in FTs. However the reality is different in Spore.

When the economy improves will the company be re-hiring those let off or bring in cheaper FTs:confused:

All are fairly treated. They were even placed with internal job placement with other divisions before they were eventually let go. Re-hiring is possible but that also depends if the retrenched is interested to re-join or they could have already found a new job already. :p

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the "big picture" our government is seeing. For Singapore Inc. (company) to survive, citizens (staff, even good staff) can be collateral damage. But is that how a government elected by the citizens be running the country, like a company?

Admittedly it's a tough job. How to balance surviving the country economically, and maintain citizens' rights and privileges.

I would like to add to that. :smile:
This is the argument they justify the million $$ salary for themselves. To attract "talented" ministers from the private sector they have to have "comparative" pay. What about comparing how much they are paid compared to an average worker?

The problem I see here is that governing a country is different from governing a company. There are similarity but you have to take the social/human aspect into consideration as well. Current policy of letting in FThrash indiscriminately reflects just that. Treat Singapore as a company and you will run it as a company. Profit margin is the main objective, and every citizen/PR/workers becomes just another employee. Leave/quit/migrate if you want because they can always get new employees to work in Singapore INC. Everyone in Singapore is replaceable so don't think for a minute the government will start to retain any of its citizen when they want to leave. Loyalty means nothing in this case. Its just a dog eats dog society based around providing profits for the executive cabinet/officers. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For most of Singapore Chinese, those locally born here for the past few generations, the ancestors also came here because they couldn't make it and/or couldn't take it in China during an era of a falling feudal dynasty, a wobbling nationalist government, an invading Japanese army and an uprising communist party, among other things. The same applied to all of Chinese diaspora worldwide, including the other SEA countries, Britain, Australia, North America etc.

In the early 90s when Goh Chok Tong newly took over as PM, one of the first problem he pointed out was reverse migration, or brain drain. Singaporeans leaving Singapore and never coming back again. How to stop the outflow and how to get many to come back. Personally, I felt that I'm a little digit but still one of those referred to, as I was in the US. Whether or not or when to come back, no idea yet. My only link to Singapore was my Singapore passport, and was required to renew my exit permit regularly. Otherwise, I lived like any average American in America.

Eventually after several years, I decided to come back. But after several more years here, there were some changes in circumstances here and I decided to move on to Thailand. It didn't last long though, there were some circumstantial changes again, and I came back to Singapore again after a few years there. My point is, it's a global world nowadays. With flight and internet, the whole world is one big economy.

Someone out from 6 billion could have taken your job. You could have gone over there and taken their job too if you want to and are capable to. Singapore may be your homeland looking like an international invasion zone, but the world is also your oyster, but of course, there's a shell for you to crack.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Admittedly it's a tough job. How to balance surviving the country economically, and maintain citizens' rights and privileges.

I doubt that any of them is up to the task of running a first world nation.

It's becoming obvious that the familee are more interested in running a family business. After all its more profitable & easier than than looking after the young, old, sick,...

amk573

Alfrescian
Loyal
For most of Singapore Chinese, those locally born here for the past few generations, the ancestors also came here because they couldn't make it and/or couldn't take it in China during an era of a falling feudal dynasty, a wobbling nationalist government, an invading Japanese army and an uprising communist party, among other things. The same applied to all of Chinese diaspora worldwide, including the other SEA countries, Britain, Australia, North America etc.

In the early 90s when Goh Chok Tong newly took over as PM, one of the first problem he pointed out was reverse migration, or brain drain. Singaporeans leaving Singapore and never coming back again. How to stop the outflow and how to get many to come back. Personally, I felt that I'm a little digit but still one of those referred to, as I was in the US. Whether or not or when to come back, no idea yet. My only link to Singapore was my Singapore passport, and was required to renew my exit permit regularly. Otherwise, I lived like any average American in America.

Eventually after several years, I decided to come back. But after several more years here, there were some changes in circumstances here and I decided to move on to Thailand. It didn't last long though, there were some circumstantial changes again, and I came back to Singapore again after a few years there. My point is, it's a global world nowadays. With flight and internet, the whole world is one big economy.

Someone out from 6 billion could have taken your job. You could have gone over there and taken their job too if you want to and are capable to. Singapore may be your homeland looking like an international invasion zone, but the world is also your oyster, but of course, there's a shell for you to crack.

Well said. :smile:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday I met a Malaysian couple who just became Sinkies.

Not quite part of the recent 11% growth in 'locals', but who got citizenship in 2006. Yes, just before GE then.

I can't help but feel they were granted shittyzenship essentially to vote for PAP.

This couple is living in a really miserably small 2 roomer aka 3 roomer if you use HDB's lying parlance.

The couple works all the time so they don't have any recreation. Never swam before in their condo pool, no TV. (I mentioned seeing lots of kids swim at both ends, so wondered if there was a deep end, and they didn't know because they had never entered the pool despite living there for several years. They also don't own a TV)

They don't even have space for a full size sofa because everything is so cramped with other things. Living room is 3m across and they've totally stocked it with the stuff they sell. They work multiple jobs - a total of 6 jobs between 2 people, including weekend tuition, holding weekend Wellness seminars (sounds like a pian4 qian2 kind of thing), plus two online businesses to supplement their income.

Whole fucking apartment, if you can call it one (I call it a cubicle), is like a warehouse. It's filled with cheapo or secondhand stuff that they're trying to sell. I can't see how these people could be said to 'live a life' with any living standards worthy of a first or second class nation.

Diehard PAP. We almost got into a quarrel.

These people are seriously, seriously, damn diehard PAP/ Singapore Prevailing System. They worship this system to the extent that anyone who criticizes it is like a man who rapes his mother.

I was trying to convey to them, hey, come on, don't tell me your relatives in Malaysia are living like this? I have relatives in Malaysia and they're living peaceful, relaxed family lives. They're not happy about politics in general, they're not rich, but their living standard is far higher than the average HDBer.

This couple came from Kelantan. I talked about freedom, about living standards, and they say Singapore is their idea of non-oppression and freedom! In their own words: we can't love Singapore, we don't love Singapore, but Singapore is a great place to live in. It's safe and the government won't do anything bad to us. It's ok if PAP is a party for the rich and elite. You want to talk about oppression, it's PAS. Here, government will do everything for you. See, we even have MRT near our place. In Malaysia, we can't get anywhere at all. We don't dare to go anywhere. We can get harassed by religious officials without bringing a photocopy of marriage cert. ETC...

What can I say?

There's a neverending supply of Ah Tiongs and Ah Nehs and Indons and Banglas and Pinoys who will tell you how hellish their countries are compared to Singapore. Then there is a neverending supply of Pakis and Afghans and Somalis behind them.

PAP will stay in power FOREVER because it can always import new desperados and refugees every election who worship this country and LKY and all that. Of course, population will rise to 35million eventually because of this Import-a-Voter policy, but it's not as if PAP cares.

FUCK!!!!

What an irony that the development in the now is so vastly different from what it was in the past (ie 30 years ago), to the point of being direct opposites.

Back then, it was an ideal of a perfect society of intelligent beings (the infamous eugenics program), the Swiss Standard, the discouraging of low-income families from overbreeding (stop at two) etc.

Nowadays all forms of mostly rubbish, rejects and parasites from Africa, Japan, the West, other countries in Southeast Asia including neighboring Malaysia are given so many rights and status just to come and be part of the community here.

What a bitter irony.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal

seen very impressive but fucking souless and rootless statement!