• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My 5 years plan to thailand

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry i cannot say for thailand.. in china.. international school is for the rich.. but thats only about the expensive part.. rest of living costs are way below that of pap singapore... in china.. the govt public utilities lose money.. in pap singapore they make lots of money...

It's no different even in Thailand or Singapore. International school is not cheap.
However, there is something I don't understand.

A lot of thais are already sending their kids to Singapore to study. A lot of Indonesians have already done this long way back. How many singaporeans send their kids to study in local thai school and study local thai syllabus? :o

Anyway regarding the public utility part.
Imagine running a country compared to running a company.
If a CEO of a company is racking losses and not making his company earn money, would you have confidence in him and his company?
So now you change the perspective to the govt.
If the govt is losing money, will you have confidence in them?

That is why a lot of people do not understand why govt need to milk money out from the citizens.
When the govt is losing money, the country will be in big trouble. That is what happens to US, Malaysia, Indonesia

Although I don't like the fact too that the govt milks money here and there from various policies and schemes. However if the govt doesn't do this and instead loses money, then the situation will be even more worrying.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's no different even in Thailand or Singapore. International school is not cheap. However, there is something I don't understand.
A lot of thais are already sending their kids to Singapore to study. A lot of Indonesians have already done this long way back. How many singaporeans send their kids to study in local thai school and study local thai syllabus? :o
If a CEO of a company is racking losses and not making his company earn money, would you have confidence in him and his company?
That is why a lot of people do not understand why govt need to milk money out from the citizens.
When the govt is losing money, the country will be in big trouble. That is what happens to US, Malaysia, Indonesia
Although I don't like the fact too that the govt milks money here and there from various policies and schemes. However if the govt doesn't do this and instead loses money, then the situation will be even more worrying.

Rich thais and indonesians send their kids to singapore as a stepping stone to the west... most of them ended up in western universities... and also a citizenship in that countries...

In china.. the govt loses money because they have to keep the transport system affordable to the masses... in pap singapore... they maximize the profit without looking at affordability of the masses...

So to answer your question... the pap can operate public transport on a breakeven basis.. but why aren't they ?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rich thais and indonesians send their kids to singapore as a stepping stone to the west... most of them ended up in western universities... and also a citizenship in that countries...

In china.. the govt loses money because they have to keep the transport system affordable to the masses... in pap singapore... they maximize the profit without looking at affordability of the masses...

So to answer your question... the pap can operate public transport on a breakeven basis.. but why aren't they ?

Precisely you have answered my intention.
Even these people want the best for their kids.
Many farmers if they can, want to send their kids to school, so that in future their kids would not be farmers like them.

In HK, Japan, european countries, public transport is not cheap either nor affordable to the masses. So it depends which countries you comparing to. Even these countries have poor people.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's no different even in Thailand or Singapore. International school is not cheap.
However, there is something I don't understand.

Although I don't like the fact too that the govt milks money here and there from various policies and schemes. However if the govt doesn't do this and instead loses money, then the situation will be even more worrying

They're only good in milking our money and lost billions of our taxpayers money in those overseas investments.
So if our country reserve deplete faster than we can earn back, will it make our country even more in trouble ???

In facts, s'poreons already lose confident this all their craps policies from cpf right all the way down to ERP. All waiting for election to come to voice their displeasure.

redbicycle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we got to be Fair to singapore too .... we cannot compare singapore with Either china and thailand..... we should compare to singapore Vs western country , hk or japan . But siliver fox , I just told u my plans , i never ask anyone to follow me or agree with me . So stop all the arguement .

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand is becoming the next "Lebanon" of Asia. 88max and redbicycle need
to wear helmets and sleep.:biggrin:

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u still have this 5yrs plan now? maybe u can change ur plan and stay in Zimbawa, heard that u can be a millionaire anytime there...

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Thais have something you Singaporeans never will.

A Culture.

Dun make my toes laugh...wat culture u r referring to? a culture of changing PM within 5yrs? A culture that encouraged the rich to be richer and the poor to suffer? A culture that embrace pp in the south to have wat they want without thinking of pp in the north?
If u r referring to a culture that always smile, u r just scrapping the surface...look deeper into the skin....

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Thais have something you Singaporeans never will.

A Culture.

Dun make my toes laugh...wat culture u r referring to? a culture of changing PM within 5yrs? A culture that encouraged the rich to be richer and the poor to suffer? A culture that embrace pp in the south to have wat they want without thinking of pp in the north?
If u r referring to a culture that always smile, u r just scrapping the surface...look deeper into the skin....

Well, since you have mentioned these than let me tell you of another place. A place which does not change the political party for even >40 years despite 33.3% of the citizens are dissatisfied more because the ruling party sues its oppostion bankrupt and threatens people who vote for oppostion, where the rich get richer and the poor get to suffer, a culture that treats Foreign trashes better than its own citizens and a place where retirement is a bad word and one has to pick up cardboards or sell tissues in their twilight years.
So what is it? Give you 3 guesses. :biggrin:

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, since you have mentioned these than let me tell you of another place. A place which does not change the political party for even >40 years despite 33.3% of the citizens are dissatisfied more because the ruling party sues its oppostion bankrupt and threatens people who vote for oppostion, where the rich get richer and the poor get to suffer, a culture that treats Foreign trashes better than its own citizens and a place where retirement is a bad word and one has to pick up cardboards or sell tissues in their twilight years.
So what is it? Give you 3 guesses. :biggrin:

Hi SA.Tan, are you familiar with politics or are u busy getting burn in HELL? Look at indonesia, look at malaysia, look at Thailand, and maybe who knows philippines is next....the country you make me guess are doing so much better...why need the change when everything is in order?
u talk abt the rich get richer and the poor and poorer, aren't Americans the same? the rich got even richer getting themselves pay by the millions and flying ard in private jets and the poor gets poorer after the bailout....

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely you have answered my intention.
Even these people want the best for their kids.
Many farmers if they can, want to send their kids to school, so that in future their kids would not be farmers like them.
In HK, Japan, european countries, public transport is not cheap either nor affordable to the masses. So it depends which countries you comparing to. Even these countries have poor people.

not exactly right about the farmer part... prc farmers have nore than one kid to balance the odds of propering... the bright ones go to school while the not so bright stay back to farm the land... the local govt has the right to take back the farmland if there is no farming...

In japan.. public transport is losing money... coz the train system plys many non densely populated routes too... unlike pap singapore where govt utility companies profits like they are going for an corporate award...

Comparing is easy... the pap govt mind if filled with 100% greed.. power.. so no place for the people... while the political system of prc ensures the people has affordable basic costs of living... there are more street protests in china per month than for a whole decade in pap singapore...

did any of these prc protests cause the country to disintegrate ???.. no.. in fact these protests remind the prc govt not to go too far when it comes to providing for the people..

you want to know the labor laws in prc ???... it'll put the pap self-professed unions to shame...

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi SA.Tan, are you familiar with politics or are u busy getting burn in HELL? Look at indonesia, look at malaysia, look at Thailand, and maybe who knows philippines is next....the country you make me guess are doing so much better...why need the change when everything is in order?
u talk abt the rich get richer and the poor and poorer, aren't Americans the same? the rich got even richer getting themselves pay by the millions and flying ard in private jets and the poor gets poorer after the bailout....

so according to you, only singapore is doing well. sorry, to inform you we are running out of time, resources, and the means to grow in the years ahead.

face it, we are in trouble in singapore, hence migration is the key. as long as you dont migrate to australia, you should do well.

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
so according to you, only singapore is doing well. sorry, to inform you we are running out of time, resources, and the means to grow in the years ahead.

face it, we are in trouble in singapore, hence migration is the key. as long as you dont migrate to australia, you should do well.

I have a different opinion...the political situation in thai will not be settle within a short term, as long as the red is not happy with the yellow, the whole country will be in turmoil, just see how the new PM organised his new cabinet, and you will know he cant make it...and what is worst is if the symbolic King were to pass away, the whole country will fall deeper into crisis...
Singapore may not have the resources, but we have capable leaders...a smiple test...just take a look the road condition, the transportation and compare with other countries...