• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My 5 years plan to thailand

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah man, maybe you can try staying in baan nok in issarn or tai, everyday milk cows, rear pigs, thum som tum to sell. :p

Why not !! I now prefer thai somtom than SG roja.
Really !!! No joking !!!:rolleyes:

What wrong in staying in thai kampong ??? :confused:
Will it make you any lower class than the rest ? :rolleyes:

Maybe you not only need to change your SG kind of mindset but your SG taste too before you come thailand.:biggrin:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have all these i quoted in bold and yet 16 years later you still don't have thai citizenship? You fly by night for the past 10 over years ah?

When I was working for MNC 8 years ago, 2 years working I was offered thai citizenship. Why? I ask the govt official chun boh, when I have not even been there for 5 years. He said not all cases need 5 years. Special arrangement can be made to assess my application. My bank account, my income, amount of money I going to bring in and invest. And he smile at me.
I smile and say I consider. He even told me its not easy to get, and some people give them 10-15 years they still wouldn't get it.

Money mah. I agree, Thai people smile but same as everywhere. For a reason. If i dress like a beggar, no one will even bother to smile at me. No money can get citizenship. They tell you 'wait long long'.

There are many other countries out there much better than Thailand and Singapore. Just that some only travelled to Thailand and feel Thailand is the best. Well, to each their own in their own thinking.:wink:

They offered you thai citizen cuz your face look like $$$ sign to them.:biggrin:
By law, it cannot be done. You need to go through the actual thai PR process , 5 yrs later then thai citizenship.

Till you actually done it and get the thai citizenship by your ' thai friend method' then you come here to boast & tell us about it.

Till then, I strongly think the thai official is trying to con your money, maybe your face really look like 'money face' to him.:p

To one own choice, Thailand is still the 'BEST' in many ppls heart and not only me.

Btw, why bother to come to thailand to enjoy and do tourist if you really hate the thai ways & culture so much.:wink:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
They offered you thai citizen cuz your face look like $$$ sign to them.:biggrin:
By law, it cannot be done. You need to go through the actual thai PR process , 5 yrs later then thai citizenship.

Till you actually done it and get the thai citizenship by your ' thai friend method' then you come here to boast & tell us about it.

It can be done. Just a matter of how much, and the connections you know. One of my colleague did it because he wants to be a thai citizen.

By law of course it cannot be done. But this is a country where if you spend a bit of money, things can be shorten and things can be done.

I didn't take up the offer because I am not keen to be a thai citizen. Go other countries still have to apply for VISA if using thai passport. :wink:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not !! I now prefer thai somtom than SG roja.
Really !!! No joking !!!:rolleyes:

What wrong in staying in thai kampong ??? :confused:
Will it make you any lower class than the rest ? :rolleyes:

Maybe you not only need to change your SG kind of mindset but your SG taste too before you come thailand.:biggrin:

Oh no, you are assuming a lot of things and puttin them into my words. I did not say staying in thai kampong is wrong, neither did i say it makes people lower class.

Cross referencing on your post on beautiful, quiet lifestyle, I suggested baan nok, you start to insinuate I am mocking at people who stay kampong.

Is this your way of arguing to make people empathise with your words? If there is any part I suggested so, please quote the source. :rolleyes:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh no, you are assuming a lot of things and puttin them into my words. I did not say staying in thai kampong is wrong, neither did i say it makes people lower class.

Cross referencing on your post on beautiful, quiet lifestyle, I suggested baan nok, you start to insinuate I am mocking at people who stay kampong.

Is this your way of arguing to make people empathise with your words? If there is any part I suggested so, please quote the source. :rolleyes:

I believe you should know abits of thai langauge since you've been working here in thailand for a while.

It VERY rude to say to a thai or any person in thailand that he came /live in Baan Nok. Bann Nok in thai means : This person came from mountain side, know nothing /sua kua in hokkien. You should use ' tan jia wat' (countryside) phase instead.

Maybe you're just been igornance or acts 'blur' :mad:

Don't believe me, try telling this 'Bann Nok' to a group of thai workers in SG.:rolleyes:

This show how little you know about thai way of speaking & their cultures.

Don't try to act smart when in facts you know so little. :rolleyes:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
It can be done. Just a matter of how much, and the connections you know. One of my colleague did it because he wants to be a thai citizen.

By law of course it cannot be done. But this is a country where if you spend a bit of money, things can be shorten and things can be done.

I didn't take up the offer because I am not keen to be a thai citizen. Go other countries still have to apply for VISA if using thai passport. :wink:

That's why I said your face look like 'dollar sign mark' to them.:biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe you should know abits of thai langauge since you've been working here in thailand for a while.

It VERY rude to say to a thai or any person in thailand that he came /live in Baan Nok. Bann Nok in thai means : This person came from mountain side, know nothing /sua kua in hokkien. You should use ' tan jia wat' (countryside) phase instead.

Maybe you're just been igornance or acts 'blur' :mad:

Don't believe me, try telling this 'Bann Nok' to a group of thai workers in SG.:rolleyes:

This show how little you know about thai way of speaking & their cultures.

Don't try to act smart when in facts you know so little. :rolleyes:

There you see again, what is so shameful with staying in Baan Nok?

Baan nok is those kampung houses, so is staying in baan nok considered shameful to you?
Anyway, my posting earlier is quoted below here.

silverfox@ said:
yeah man, maybe you can try staying in baan nok in issarn or tai, everyday milk cows, rear pigs, thum som tum to sell.

If you read carefully, I said you "can try" staying in baan nok. I never said khun mah jak baan nok.(You come from Kampung) This is 2 different interpretation.

Can try staying in Baan Nok vs
You come from Baan Nok

The first one is not offensive, the latter is. You seem to insinuate my message is trying to say You come from Kampung which is exactly not the case.

Don't anyhow twist and turn meanings.

There is a story. A chicken egg was left in a duck farm and when the chick came out from the egg, all he saw was ducks. As he grew up, he start to think he is a duck. He start to quack, he start to swim, but he can't. Because no matter what he is a Chicken. Grew up with ducks doesn't make him a duck.

Stay with Thai people, doesn't make a Singaporean become a pure Thai.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a friend who migrated to Thailand with his thai wife. He told me Singapore fucked up, this expensive that expensive. Super high standard of living.

So one day I went his house in thailand and saw his kids came back from school. So I asked him which thai school his kids were in. He told me his kids study what XX International School.

I asked him why not send to Thai School. He told me Thai syllabus no good, that is why he send his kids to International School to get the best education. He even told me the school fees are not cheap.

I start to wonder why he didn't want to send his kids to thai school and instead want better education for his children.

The funny thing is most singaporeans I heard of in thailand, send their kids to International school instead of local thai school. Not cheap, 1 year can run easily run into thousands just for school fees alone.:wink:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't know Thailand has started to open their doors to foreigners as they have never done that. And Sam is right. Thailand is an undeveloped country changing govt more often and now Prime Ministers more often than LKY changes his underwear.

TS should consider other Asia countries instead.

Ironically... that only shows the thai governance sytem is working.... change govt like nobody biz and yet the country moves on.... while the pap lambasts that singapore will collapse without the pap...

So in a slap of the pap mouth.... the thai has more democracy than pap singapore....

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
There you see again, what is so shameful with staying in Baan Nok?

Baan nok is those kampung houses, so is staying in baan nok considered shameful to you?
Anyway, my posting earlier is quoted below here.

If you read carefully, I said you "can try" staying in baan nok. I never said khun mah jak baan nok.(You come from Kampung) This is 2 different interpretation.

Can try staying in Baan Nok vs
You come from Baan Nok

The first one is not offensive, the latter is. You seem to insinuate my message is trying to say You come from Kampung which is exactly not the case.

Don't anyhow twist and turn meanings.

There is a story. A chicken egg was left in a duck farm and when the chick came out from the egg, all he saw was ducks. As he grew up, he start to think he is a duck. He start to quack, he start to swim, but he can't. Because no matter what he is a Chicken. Grew up with ducks doesn't make him a duck.

Stay with Thai people, doesn't make a Singaporean become a pure Thai.

No need to find excuses for yourself.
Enough of your nonsense.:rolleyes:

If you really hated thailand so much & have past bad experience before here, take my advise, stay away from thailand.

Spend your tourist money elsewhere.:cool:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's if you know what I am smiling at. :p

Irony Irony Irony.:o

I know of course & I'm happy for you.:biggrin:

Better than you keep complaining about thailand.:p

This thread is afterall about those interested to migrate to thailand and NOT leaving.:p

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just for record purpose.

Permanent Residency
October 2nd, 2008

Greetings!

It's almost year end once again and many of you need to take the time to contemplate your Thai long-term visa status. The opportunity for permanent residency is only extended once a year and it's therefore high time to consider your options. Many expatriates are unsure what constitutes permanent residency in Thailand, and are not sure if they qualify. Others may feel that the high costs traditionally associated with the process to be prohibitive, as hundreds of thousands of baht are often needed. Sunbelt Asia, however, with its team of dedicated licensed lawyers, is now delighted to provide you with a professional service for 10 times less than the normal cost.

Every foreigner who stays in Thailand on a long-term basis seeks some stability, and dreams to stay longer after numerous years of annual visa extensions. The doubts surrounding the meeting of different requirements each year can mean each individual faces uncertainty and recurring expense. A better solution may be available, as permanent residency offers many solutions when compared to the ever-changing visa immigration rules.

The annual quota for granting permanent residency in Thailand currently stands at a maximum of 100 applicants per nationality. The Minister of the Interior is the one responsible for issuing the announcement each year: that the quota is once again open for submission. It is usually announced sometime between early October and the end of December.

The Immigration Commission has the power to define all regulations concerning permanent residency, and is the agency that handles all procedures concerning permanent residency applications.

Although submitting an application can be done individually, it helps immensely to find a suitable firm to assist you with your application. After all, it's only once a year that you get to try. We, at Sunbelt Asia, guarantee that we will do our very best to prepare your application in a way that makes it as credible as it possibly could be.

Advantages of Permanent Residency in Thailand

Applying for permanent residency is a very time-consuming process that requires arduous preparation. Furthermore, it was previously also a very expensive process. One might ask how important is permanent residency really? Do the pros outweigh the cons? There are in fact numerous advantages of obtaining permanent residency in Thailand, including the following:

1/ It allows the holder to live permanently in Thailand, with no requirement to apply for an extension of temporary stay year after year. Immigration officers will stamp on your passport a "non-quota visa" mark each time you enter Thailand.

2/ In addition to the permanent residence book, an alien registration book will be issued, which is the equivalent of the ID card held by Thais. A permanent resident can have his/her name included on a house registration document (Tam Bien Baan).

3/ Although you still need to have a work permit if working in Thailand, obtaining a work permit is easier for a permanent resident than for a holder of non-immigrant visas.

4/ A permanent resident also has a number of other privileges such as, for example, being able to:

a) buy a condominium without being required to transfer money from abroad.

b) apply for naturalization (Thai Citizenship) in accordance with the law concerned after 10 consecutive years of permanent residency status.

c) have Thai nationality granted to children who are born in Thailand.

d) become a director of a public company.

e) apply for an extension of stay or permanent residence for non-Thai family members.

Qualifications of an applicant:

The Thai Immigration Bureau announces quotas for all expatriates applying for residence permits at 100 persons per nationality. All foreigners may qualify to apply for a residence permit if he/she:

1/ Holds a passport of his/her current nationality, which was granted a non-immigrant visa, and the individual has been permitted to stay in Thailand for at least three consecutive years on a one year visa extension basis up to the application submission date. Holders of multiple entry non-immigrant visas supplied at a Thai Embassy abroad do not qualify for permanent residency. You must have three un-broken yearly extensions in order to qualify. Yearly extensions are visas applied at the immigration bureau for single year validity.

2/ An applicant must be holding a non-immigrant visa at the time of submitting an application.

Categories

In order to obtain a permanent residency in Thailand, each applicant must first qualify in one of the categories as prescribed by the Immigration Bureau. These depend on an individual's personal qualifications as outlined below:

Investment Category (minimum of 10 Million Baht investment in Thailand)

Working or Business Category (tax based on a minimum THB 80,000 per month or THB 960,000 per year salary)

Support of a family or for Humanitarian reasons Category.
The applicant must have a close relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possess a residence permit either as:
a) A legal husband or wife.
b) A legal father or mother.
c) A child who is under 20 years of age up to the submission date of application and must be single.

Expert Category
An applicant who wishes to apply under the Expert Category must provide the following:
a) School credentials showing University Degree (Bachelor's Degree at least) and provide a special service/ability to the Thai Authorities.
b) Support or Endorsement by the authority concerned, officially certified.
c) Certified letter of recommendation from the authority concerned detailing the applicant's service and his/her position up to the date of submission.

Documents required

The list of required documents depends on the category under which the application is made, although it more or less revolves around the financial documentation supporting each category: income tax returns for three consecutive years prior to the submission as well as 12 monthly withholding tax filings dating back from the date of submission of the application. Proof of relationship must be provided if applying under the Support of Family or for Humanitarian reasons category.

Fees:

1/ Application for a residence permit - THB 7,600
This is a non-refundable government application fee regardless of whether the application is approved or denied, which is why it is best to prepare a few months before lodging the application, as hiring a firm to assist you and check all the necessary documentation can immensely increase your chances of getting approved.

2/ Approval of a residence permit for categories under business, investment and employment - THB 191,400 (government fee payable on receipt of residence book).

3/ Approval of a residence permit for categories under humanitarian reasons: i.e. spouse, parent etc. - THB 95,700 (government fee payable on receipt of residence book).

4/ Sunbelt professional fees - THB 19,500 plus THB 2,100 travelling fees (seven trips in total) all subject to 7% VAT.

Submission period for the Residence permit applications

The applicant can submit his or her application once a year. Normally, the opening date for the applications is in December, and we strongly recommend preparing the required documents at least six to eight weeks earlier. Once the date is announced, the applications can be submitted right up until the last working day of the year.

The results will be announced in May of the following year and the residence permits will be issued in December of the same year.

Evaluation Process

All applications are submitted subject to consideration by the Immigration Commission, with representatives from the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Royal Thai Police, the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare, the Supreme Court, the Board of Investments, the Security State Council and the Immigration Bureau.

The Immigration Commission will screen each application in-depth, examining the applicant's qualifications, income, assets, knowledge, professional expertise, relationships with any Thai Nationals, national security, character, health, proficiency in Thai language and other matters deemed appropriate by government authorities.

Applicants who are over the age of 14 are required to undergo a criminal record check (police clearance). This involves:
a) fingerprint sheets to be sent to the Criminal Records Division for checking.
b) passport to undergo a blacklist check to determine whether the applicant is a "prohibited person" in accordance with Interpol.

The Immigration Bureau will normally grant a 180 day extension of stay for the applicant on the date of submission. The next extension will be granted for an additional 180 days until the final approval has been released. During the process, the applicant will receive an appointment card concerning the interview date and time with the Immigration Bureau. The interview will consist of a verbal and written test in Thai Language.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
Verdict

If approved, a residency blue book is issued to the successful applicant. The foreign resident must register the place of residence in Thailand at the local Amphur Office and obtain a house card. Seven days after receipt of the residency certificate, the successful applicant then has to apply for an alien book (red book) at the local police station, and this must be re-registered there every year, for a fee of 200 Baht.

The Residency Permit itself never expires, unless revoked . To be able to leave the country and return at will, you need to apply each year for a re-entry permit (endorsement) at 1,000 Baht (multiple entries).

Also, you must present yourself at the police station covering the area where you are resident once every five years for a stamp in your book. An alien with permanent residency status will be eligible to apply for Thai citizenship after 10 consecutive years, under this classification.

Conclusion

Permanent Residency may not necessarily apply for everyone. However, for those who are qualified, the time and effort in obtaining it can be a priceless and a rewarding investment in the future. Thailand provides innumerable attractions regardless of your purpose of long-term stay in the Kingdom. The requirements of permanent residency, no matter how stringent, encourage you to embrace the local culture, thereby connecting you to Thailand's way of life. Staying in Thailand shouldn't be a burden but rather, a privilege. It is our fervent belief that an investment such as this is really worth having. Therefore, we strive to provide you with the best quality service with the least amount of cost. Why spend 100,000 Baht or more for a firm to assist you in applying for permanent residency, when you've already been struggling with the recurring visa extension costs year after year? Our firm believes that we can provide you with a professional service for as low as THB 19,500 (plus travelling costs and VAT). Sunbelt Asia considers it a privilege to offer our expertise to our valued clients at previously unheard of prices. Please contact us for further information.

With best regards,

Sunbelt Legal Advisors