• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM Lee, SM Goh to quit Cabinet

Strike

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a good news. This shows that they know that they're past expiry date. Wad to do with expired stuff? Throw them out.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its a good news. This shows that they know that they're past expiry date. Wad to do with expired stuff? Throw them out.

I suppose LKY is goiing because he wants to spend more time with his family:p:

They might be going but I bet they will still getting $$$ from their pension, directorships, and who knows what else:rolleyes:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suspect this is a move to remove SM. Can see the power struggle pretty obvious between SM and PM, i suspect lao lee see this and decided to remove SM from power in order to make sure his son has the absolute power

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thot the same too. But then GCT was never had any power and should not prove to be threat to PM.

Always felt the MM's presence prevent PM from being his own man. Even the whole "Hard truth" debate showed the overwheming influence from MM. PM should have just shut him off. The incident weakened the PM.

Going forward, I hope MM just starts an independent think tank funded with his own $ and donors. But no Gov or GLC $$$ please. Just follow Kissinger. He can still put out his views. And I respect his insights.

MM should not get any $ from state except for his MP pay and pension. and please, no state car, no state paid overseas trips on private jet, etc etc etc. Please no President position.

Singapore need to move away from this LKY umbrella and I believe that nwe will gain our confidence when we see that things tick along fine without MM.

Personally to build his legacy he should, in his last act, remove all that related party stuff like HC from temasek. Move all relatives from GLCs.

However it is tough to relinquish power.

i suspect this is a move to remove SM. Can see the power struggle pretty obvious between SM and PM, i suspect lao lee see this and decided to remove SM from power in order to make sure his son has the absolute power

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose LKY is goiing because he wants to spend more time with his family:p:

They might be going but I bet they will still getting $$$ from their pension, directorships, and who knows what else:rolleyes:

Sylvia Lim Swee Lian resigned from Temasek Poly. Good news? She can enjoy her $15,000 salary fully now and later pension?

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical wayang show. LKY will still run Singapore behind a screen like empress dowager unless he he get brain rot like alzheimer's.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sylvia Lim Swee Lian resigned from Temasek Poly. Good news? She can enjoy her $15,000 salary fully now and later pension?

It's really amazing how MPs & civil servants in Spore are overpaid. With so many millionaires in the establishment, the cost of running Spore must be phenomenal.

It's going to be very difficult for future gov'ts to implement pay cuts. This will be one of the messes LKY will be leaving behind for the next generation to clean up :rolleyes:

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
U think this is good news? These 2 old half dead useless pieces of shit will still be sucking our $ doing nothing. Fuck in the 1st place they removed the pension scheme from the citizens in the 60s and 70s citing that its good for the nation and they got the cheek to take pension for themselves? Why don't they just drop dead and save us lots of $ I am sure that is good for the nation too.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. wayang wayang!
2. honest, not much impact to the current political situation.
3. i don't see much change going on.
4. the same flock of highly paid sheep, blah away.

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is good that Sylvia Lim resigned from teaching to concentrate on being a full-time MP. I believe all MPs should be full-time MPs instead of having multiple directorships like the PAP dogs.

It will demonstrate to the world how dedicated Workers' Party MPs are to their duties as newly appointed Members of Parliament compared to PAP MPs.

In order to change Singapore, you must first be voted into Parliament. In order to continue staying in parliament as MPs, you must do your municipal duties well and gain the trust of the people. Only then can you consolidate and expand (just like the shrewd Low Tia Khiang). When you get to the point of having majority power, then only you can truly change policies and help Singaporeans.

The Chee Soon Juan and the SDP kept harping that they want to be the voice of the people, but they can't even do simple things right and get voted into parliament. How to help the people ? Talk only.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. does quitting the cockpit equate lesser salary for both quitters or what?
2. and if lesser, how much lesser?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thot the same too. But then GCT was never had any power and should not prove to be threat to PM.

Always felt the MM's presence prevent PM from being his own man. Even the whole "Hard truth" debate showed the overwheming influence from MM. PM should have just shut him off. The incident weakened the PM.

Going forward, I hope MM just starts an independent think tank funded with his own $ and donors. But no Gov or GLC $$$ please. Just follow Kissinger. He can still put out his views. And I respect his insights.

MM should not get any $ from state except for his MP pay and pension. and please, no state car, no state paid overseas trips on private jet, etc etc etc. Please no President position.

Singapore need to move away from this LKY umbrella and I believe that nwe will gain our confidence when we see that things tick along fine without MM.

Personally to build his legacy he should, in his last act, remove all that related party stuff like HC from temasek. Move all relatives from GLCs.

However it is tough to relinquish power.

Yeah happy wishing that would happen. You know a chance of that happening is like seeing monkeys walk upright and behave like humans.