• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM Lee say Mahathir built port to 'undercut & 'sabotage' Singapore

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Competition?
It was using govt capital, infrastructure and connections to steal existing biz away from PSA............. with clear focus of doing Singapore in.
This Ah Neh pig was slighted as a medical student when a Chinese taxi driver drove him to the servant quaters in rich neighbourhood of BT or Nassim when he wanted to visit a female classmate. He hated all Chinese from that day onwards esp those in Singapore.
Illogical but datz how a mad bastard mind works.

Even though he has Petronas as a milking cow, Mahathir simply do not have in him. The Malaysians should cry after what this idiot has done to drain all the wealth and resources that the country was blessed with. To cite a few examples of billions wasted and total failures:

1. Putrajaya
2. Malaysia Airlines
3. Port Klang
4. Bank Bumiputra
5. Bank Negara
6. Multimedia Super Corridor
7. Scenic Bridge
8. Purchase of A4 Skyhawks

They like to put Malays who are incompetent in top management. Last time CIMB the bank is bleeding like crazy. After Najib brother took over and re-instate many capable overseas-educated ethnic Chinese into the top management to govern over the accounts, marketing, etc, CIMB turned around and now they are making good profits.

Dr m&d, with Petronas, a super rich Fortune 500 companies at his disposal cant even beat the old Lee who have nothing. Like it or not, Lee won the day for sure, hands down.

Haha looks like his m&d comrades couldn't do a job of managing a top company and needed some chinese to run it.

As for being driven to the servants quarters. OK so a cab driven made the mistake, does this mean all chinese in sg are bad? Even if the cab driver made that mistake does that make him a bad man? :rolleyes:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha......not so sure how this adds up???
MM annual salary cannot be so low for let say the past 10years.
I am sure he earned more than avg $1.3mil per year.

He makes all in about 9 mio p.a. so giving away few mio is nothing at all esp when all his children make big money and his wife left behind millions.:biggrin:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you have any black & white proof that Mahathir has milked the M'sian taxpayers:confused:

I'm sure he has taken some advantages of his position but not to the same extent as LKY who continues getting multi-million salaries from all the positions he is holding. Not forgetting that Mahathir has voluntarily given up the reins of power while LKY is still sponging of the state.

The fact that Spore abolished the estate when Mrs. Lee was at deaths door is hardly a coincidence:rolleyes:

Mahababi had to give up power before more mistakes catch up and skeletons float up...........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after he left, the ministers mention his nickname is MR 10%.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dr M uses a Chinese bizman as a front for biz deals. This chap was the one who facilitated a deal with the murdered Mongolian gal's dad not to dig up matters. In return, he moved to Moscow, got a house and car and 1 million (not sure if it was USD or what). Chinese bizman graduated fron Nantah.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see you are trying to corner me by my statement that ALL projects undertaken by Singapore are financially successful. Let me quote exactly what I actually wrote.

"There is little doubt that what projects Singapore undertook, most of them were successful."

So you have changed what I wrote to strengthen your argument.

Lockeliberal has explained the 2 schools of thought by most Singaporeans. Whether we have lost our wealth or otherwise, no one truly knows. So please drop the subject as this is just your gut feel. If I know the truth, won't I feel upset too as a Singaporean?

I don't need to convince anyone about anything because what profit is in it for me:confused:

On the other hand if the PAP can keep on fool the gullible, they get to keep their million$$$ salaries & continue raking in $$$ from bonuses, directorships, tax free status,.... :eek:

I've already predicted that many Sporeans will eventually realise that LKY has feet of clay & a con artist & when that happens Sporeans like you will be very, very angry & might feel like running into a train:rolleyes:

Don't say you haven't been warned :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mahababi had to give up power before more mistakes catch up and skeletons float up...........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

To tell the truth I don't know that much about the intricacies of M'sian politics.:smile:

However the fact that LKY has set up a dynasty in Spore reflects very poorly on the gullibility of it's citizens. It is very sad that many Sporeans feel that they have to leave & give up their citizenship to receive decent treatment :(

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny Johnny, again you are not getting my point. I said "to strengthen your argument" and not about convincing anyone. Why are you so confused?

Furthermore you are going off on a tangent in complaining about LKY and PAP and how they are screwing Singaporeans. In many threads here and elsewhere, all these issues you mentioned have been discussed and will continue to be discussed. Why don't you stick to the thread title and give your views whether LKY or Mahathir is right? If you intend to discuss on the issues as quoted below, by all means start a new thread.

I don't need to convince anyone about anything because what profit is in it for me:confused:

On the other hand if the PAP can keep on fool the gullible, they get to keep their million$$$ salaries & continue raking in $$$ from bonuses, directorships, tax free status,.... :eek:

I've already predicted that many Sporeans will eventually realise that LKY has feet of clay & a con artist & when that happens Sporeans like you will be very, very angry & might feel like running into a train:rolleyes:

Don't say you haven't been warned :smile:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you sure it was Dr. M and not Najib or his wife Rosmah?

Dr M uses a Chinese bizman as a front for biz deals. This chap was the one who facilitated a deal with the murdered Mongolian gal's dad not to dig up matters. In return, he moved to Moscow, got a house and car and 1 million (not sure if it was USD or what). Chinese bizman graduated fron Nantah.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you sure it was Dr. M and not Najib or his wife Rosmah?

This Chinaman is trusted by the M'sian leadership. Dr M used him in the past, almost always for biz. Najib and wife used him too. Not sure if they were business related but definitely sure it was for the Mongolian gal's case. Chinaman is listed company boss. Perhaps, he was recommended for the job by Dr M to Najib and wife.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's in the first 25 years relied solely on the hinterland and it meant Malaysia. There were rubber and tin warehouses along Singapore not for nothing. You don't have do any formal feasibility studies to realise that Malaysia can make a fortune by having its own port. Port Kelang has tidal sandbars and ships prefer to avoid it as avoid time wasting. The moment Malaysia came out with a port that can be accessed at anytime, Shiipers were keen. Maersk and Evergreen and major MNC are not flash in the pan outfits who do business on the run.

About 2 years ago for the very first time Temasek could not pay dividends into the consolidated fund. They had to go Parliament to make changes and also at the same time did 2 things - ask for millions to be injected and made a change where they were no were required to make stipulated payments at regular intervals. To the discerning Singaporean, it was first formal indication that life was no longer sweet and our legendary repute for financial prudence took a hit.

CPF to make it plain and simple had run out of money. It could not longer fund govt projects at cheap rates. Infrastructure building would come to a standstill. The only solution was to increase the min amount. POSB the other moneybank that funded govt infrastructure for first 35 years was pushed into DBS because someone's wife needed it to fight UOB and not citibank.

The Singapore press obviously does not report bad news. Till today we have well educated people who are not aware of what is going on. They want to see proof. Something that will appear on the front page of ST. Who is going to do that?

Before setting up Port Pelepas, was there enough analysis done by Malaysia that ensures it's profitability? After it was built at great cost, Malaysia found out that the Causeway was an impedance as ships has to sail a longer route. As usual, like all mega projects, Mahathir works on gut feel without proper feasibility studies, and that is why he failed.

Your 50 billion+ losses by LKY cannot be compared to the 700 billion - 1 trillion losses by Mahathir.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maersk and Evergreen and major MNC are not flash in the pan outfits who do business on the run. /QUOTE]

In the soccer fraternity, there were rumours that Patrick Ang had to vacate his FAS and Geylang seats as he was then in-charge of Evergreen when they left S'pore and based themselves up north. Someone in political office held him responsible.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
If indeed true that is pretty stupid. Evergreen moved because TP offered a better deal. I suspect before TP, PSA had a take it or leave it type stance with the shipping companies.

After all given our location, the companies have little choice until TP came along.

Ironically as much as we condemn our neighbors up north about corruption and mismanagement, we ought to be thankful. If Malaysia becames as efficient as Singapore than we could very well be in deep trouble.

Maersk and Evergreen and major MNC are not flash in the pan outfits who do business on the run. /QUOTE]

In the soccer fraternity, there were rumours that Patrick Ang had to vacate his FAS and Geylang seats as he was then in-charge of Evergreen when they left S'pore and based themselves up north. Someone in political office held him responsible.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect before TP, PSA had a take it or leave it type stance with the shipping companies.

Ironically as much as we condemn our neighbors up north about corruption and mismanagement, we ought to be thankful. If Malaysia becames as efficient as Singapore than we could very well be in deep trouble.

I heard about the 'take it or leave it' stance from people in the shipping industry. If I recall rightly, Yeo Ning Hong left his PSA post shortly thereafter. Scapegoat perhaps.

Yes, if M'sia was efficiently managed in the past, S'pore would be a 'victim'. We should therefore be thankful to our northern neighbours. Given their vast resources and potential, they have performed badly.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
that's the point, both stalls go bankrupt. the impact to singapore will be greater.

Who says both stalls will go bankrupt? Make this kind of stupid comments really show how low IQ u have. Many industries got a 1 and 2 player. Both these stalls could survive, or one could drive the other out, but both go bankrupt is impossible, unless there is zero demand for chicken rice.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Smely Old fart (old people smells) Gecko is not here to pull his ears if he gets naughty. Old Fart is in disarray and lost a co-pilot to guide him and think that at his God borrowed time he can still be important.

I think u made a very good point. In the old days, Gecko would have proofread his new book and take out all the offensive passages. Same with his speeches. Maybe even warn him to not shoot his lancheow mouth off when he goes out the door to attend an event. Now, got no one like this to jagar him, and result is his dyrrhea mouth with hand over fist insults.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
===

i think he meant to tell those living on high clouds thinking we can have peace with Mudland and Indon. Well, if their mind is set, nothing will change.

I hate to rain on your parade, BUT WE DO HAVE PEACE WITH MALAYSIAN AND INDONESIA!!

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Malaysia becames as efficient as Singapore than we could very well be in deep trouble.

Boh Yung Kiah Ah Kor! As long as the Malaysians are nationalist in nature and remain stubbornly resistant to the use of the English language, it will stand the Lee dynasty in good stead!