• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Microsoft/Intel and hardware OEMs are desperate

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;c_P4kISd3CM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_P4kISd3CM[/video]

[video=youtube;UHHw0sq2ONk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHHw0sq2ONk[/video]

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
They r truly farked. Everyone got at least 1 pc if not 2. Fully saturated market.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
isnt a PC supposed to be a desktop computer?why they keep waving that laptop around like its a PC and saying PC does what?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
isnt a PC supposed to be a desktop computer?why they keep waving that laptop around like its a PC and saying PC does what?

You see, Microsoft is playing semantics. Every device is a 'PC' to them, including laptops, tablets and phones. That's how to push more people to upgrading to the latest Windows 10.

The traditional desktop PC market is languishing, so they're hoping that other form factors will help make up for the loss. :wink:

Microsoft execs continue to insist tablets are PCs (2011)
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-execs-continue-to-insist-tablets-are-pcs/

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PC sales are falling because most people are replacing them with smartphones. I still use a desktop PC because of the bigger screen & I don't need the mobility when I am in Spore. However when I travel I'll bring along my iPad as my mobile PC.

Have tried an iPhone but prefer the iPad which has a larger screen.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You see, Microsoft is playing semantics. Every device is a 'PC' to them, including laptops, tablets and phones. That's how to push more people to upgrading to the latest Windows 10.

The traditional desktop PC market is languishing, so they're hoping that other form factors will help make up for the loss. :wink:

Microsoft execs continue to insist tablets are PCs (2011)
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-execs-continue-to-insist-tablets-are-pcs/

I have been using every version of Microsoft OS, since its starting from DOS 1.0, to the GUI of IBM OS? (forgot the name), to Windows up to Win8....10 years back, I switched over to MAC OS & never looked back.

I had enough of the crashes that came with it....I still have the diskettes for DOS 1.0, in which I keep for nostalgia, along with Lotus 1.2.3. Version 1.0, was it Write Mate?....have lost that early version of Display Write....the forefather of Word Processor.....

I so keep up with the current trend from Microsoft....still not impressed with whatever they are producing these days....nothing will compel me to switch back or even buy a SURFACE PRO 3.0 or??, not that APPLE is that wonderful; though it does have their shares of OOPS!...but in the whole, software/hardware wise, much, much more stable than any Windows systems/Windows based hardware....

Somebody

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been using every version of Microsoft OS, since its starting from DOS 1.0, to the GUI of IBM OS? (forgot the name), to Windows up to Win8....10 years back, I switched over to MAC OS & never looked back.

I had enough of the crashes that came with it....I still have the diskettes for DOS 1.0, in which I keep for nostalgia, along with Lotus 1.2.3. Version 1.0, was it Write Mate?....have lost that early version of Display Write....the forefather of Word Processor.....

I so keep up with the current trend from Microsoft....still not impressed with whatever they are producing these days....nothing will compel me to switch back or even buy a SURFACE PRO 3.0 or??, not that APPLE is that wonderful; though it does have their shares of OOPS!...but in the whole, software/hardware wise, much, much more stable than any Windows systems/Windows based hardware....

there are people who complain but still uses them, like those who complain about the pap yet still vote them.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are people who complain but still uses them, like those who complain about the pap yet still vote them.

Windows is quite stable these days. It's only that the recent versions (Win 8 and Win 10) are forcing or pressurizing you to use the touch-centric tile UI and also use Microsoft's cloud and web services.

Older PCs are still good enough to run most games, maybe not on max resolution but they are good enough.