• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Medini (Nusajaya) Community

jamesho

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had bought a 1 bedded D'pristine unit as weekend home. Agreed the market is crazy, within the first day launch, all 2 bedded sold, currently they are releasing block b but price is much more expensive.
what was the selling price?

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is the Singapore showroom? I wanna go view...

Well unconvinced of what the beautiful salesgirls in the singapore showroom told me ..so Today I actually go to the actual site to visit this area .. I am very impress with the development sprouting out around Medini&puteri harbour ..
And puteri harbour if u drive is just 2-3 minutes from Medini. the harbour look like a legitimate harbour :smile:
since ppl paying 1400psf for puteri harbour which just 1-2min from legoland/Medini ..
I dont see why we cAnt pay similar price for medini.. Well I book my unit at Medini today..
All of u shld just grab one ...:smile:

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I bought a 3 bedroom units at Iskandar Residences @ Medini, but so far no news from them (after the initial payment)......not sure any of you hear the next steps coming? I understand Distinctive is a good /reputable developer?

Thanks!!

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think the reason few people in thread is due to the general nature of this thread, if only we can somehow indicate the development will be helpful.....:smile:

Medini projects has been selling well and fast...i'm quite surprise very few people in thread. Maybe people who bought Medini are older bunch or many not from MY or SG?

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,
I bought a 3 bedroom units at Iskandar Residences @ Medini, but so far no news from them (after the initial payment)......not sure any of you hear the next steps coming? I understand Distinctive is a good /reputable developer?
Thanks!!

I think Distinctive is new company by veteran player. They have another very attractive project 18@Medini jv with IGB. My perception of them is good and professional. Next step would be signing of S&P follow by bank loan agreement. The time length vary...mine took days after booking for Afiniti, my friend took months for 1 Medini, very normal.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since May after Malaysia Election, multiple Medini projects were launched and received very good response. To do a count on sales %
Afiniti = 100%
Iskandar Residence = 100%
1 Medini = 100%
Medini Signature = 100% (tower 1)
Meridin = 80%
D'Pristine = 80%
Paradiso Nuova = Anyone has any idea?

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
(In not too far future) this place will be >1000 psf as this area follow a land bidding/lease system like Singapore
Future land/plot sales just gonna get higher
In fact right now itself - Depend on developer some price at ~700 to 1100 Psf
The most gungho developer is capital land $1000psf
I personally prefer the lower price ones as once completion u stand to gain more ..
Bear in mind though now u go there and see probably u will only see legoland
But in future a lot of development coming like mushrooms
Lets face it : Singapore story is great but there is very little cheap land left ..
So Johor is a swamp mangrove trying to bcome a city

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Freekazoid-san, for your reply on Distinctive and other sharings.....:smile::smile:

Looking forward to the progress of Iskandar and may all Huat here!!!

Coming project to watch in 2013...anyone eyeing any of this project?
Medini Lakeside http://www.medinilakeside.com/
Markers (office) http://www.markersiskandar.com/
Medini Signature (tower 2) http://www.medinisignature.com/
Avira http://www.avira-medini.com/
Meridin Linx (Sovo + Retail) http://www.meridin.com.my/

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed there are a lot happening at Medini, love to see how the area transform in the next 1 to 3 years.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Urban township developer Medini Iskandar Malaysia is set to list on the local stock exchange in the first half of next year, in a deal that could potentially raise US$800 million.

“Banks are pitching for the deal,” an unnamed source told Reuters, adding that the plan was still in a preliminary stage.

The firm is behind a Johor-based 903 hectares project which, upon completion, will be Malaysia’s largest urban development. It will reportedly comprise luxury condominiums, hotels, hospitals and schools, and has gross development value expected to be more than US21.2 billion, according to Medini’s website.

The company currently counts state-owned Iskandar Investment, Dubai’s United World Infrastructure and Japanese firm MItsui & Co amongst its shareholders.

A number of Malaysian real estate firms have, however, recently shelved plans to list shares, including developer Iskandar Waterfront Holdings and construction and power company MMC Corporation. The US$1 billion listing of its Malakoff power arm is now due to take place in H1 2014.

- See more at: http://www.property-report.com/medi...-on-stock-exchange-30753#sthash.eFrkt4jo.dpuf

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just for sharing.............

BY JENNIFER GOMEZ
AUGUST 07, 2013
LATEST UPDATE: AUGUST 07, 2013 06:35 PM

While the Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong has thrown his weight behind Malaysia’s economic powerhouse in the south, the Iskandar project in Johor, his influential father has once again thrown cold water on it.

In his book "One Man's View Of The World" (pic) launched yesterday, elder statesman Lee Kuan Yew, said, “Let’s wait and see how Iskandar develops. This is an economic field of cooperation in which, you must remember, we are putting investments on Malaysian soil.

“And at the stroke of a pen, they can take it over. They are not likely to because they want more investments.”

The elder Lee, who was the first prime minister of Singapore, still holds memories of broken promises between the two countries, which are deeply linked by history and economic ties, but have had rocky relations over the past half-century.

He said, “When we go there, we must understand that any real estate or building that you plant on the ground belongs to the owner of the ground."

This is not the first time he has raised concerns over Iskandar, despite his own government leading Singapore to be one of the major investors there.

Even four years ago, on his last visit to Malaysia, the elder Lee said Iskandar would be unattractive to private investors as long as there was no long-term stability in Malaysian policy.

He said about his talks to Malaysian authorities then: “I had to emphasise that it cannot be cooperation today and non-cooperation next year and then backwards and forwards, because these are very big investments both in the Iskandar region and the third bridge to Desaru in the East Coast – from Desaru up to Mersing until Kuantan and Pekan.

“It does not make sense to us if at the same time they punish us by making us barge sand from Vietnam. It’s no benefit to them, it’s just to cause us extra losses. The final balance must be fair on both sides and not just specific selective areas.”

Early last year, Hsien Loong was quoted to have said that it was in Singapore's interests to see Iskandar prosper and succeed when he had met counterpart Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak in Putrajaya.

In 2009, the global financial crisis had prompted Dubai developer Damac Properties to pull out of a waterfront and marina project valued at over RM300 million in Nusajaya which forms part of Iskandar Malaysia.

But even back then, Singapore was listed as the third largest investor in Iskandar Malaysia, boosted by low-profile Singaporean small and medium enterprises (SMEs).- August 7, 2013.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
:( This one I don't have full access.......

Iskandar Malaysia Expected To Receive More Foreign Investments

Submitted by BERNAMA on Sat, 07/20/2013 - 06:47
JOHOR BAHARU (Johor, Malaysia), July 19 (Bernama) -- Iskandar Malaysia, main southern development corridor in Malaysia's Johor is poised to receive more foreign investments, especially from Indonesia and Singapore, following the aggressive promotions undertaken by the Iskandar Region Development

jasonzq

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all. I am newbie here... nice to see Medini Community thread, i bought a unit of Meridin from mahsing.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Comfy,

Nice to hear that you have purchase a unit @ Iskandar Residences..
Mind to share which stack? Own stay or investment?

Mine is stack 8, planning own stay...
Bought quite late.. paying 785psf after discount.. yours?