• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MediaCorp Huang Yiliang selling self direct DVD at JP!!!

Naturefarm2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday when i was at Jurong point carpark, i saw a guy coming toward me waving his DVD on his hand. At first, i thought some uncle selling Sex DVD to me but realise it is our very own " best supporting " actor Huang Yi liang.
He explain to me that he had recently directed a Movie and ask if i can support him.
I look at the DVD and truely does not interest me at all. I turn him down politely and can see the disappointment in his eyes. He never pester and move on to another car that had just parked.

What is happening to Mediacorp now? All the actor and actress no drama to act is it?
Anyone in Jurong point meet him? maybe show some support?:confused:
kind to think of it, quite sad and need a lot of courage to do this.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He invested in the production, however Mediacorpse subsidiaries Raintree, and MDA deemed it too artistic, cannot pull crowds to see it, so didn't give him funds and publicity to the big screens, so he lan lan convert to DVD and sell lor, haiiizzzz.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He invested in the production, however Mediacorpse subsidiaries Raintree, and MDA deemed it too artistic, cannot pull crowds to see it, so didn't give him funds and publicity to the big screens, so he lan lan convert to DVD and sell lor, haiiizzzz.

Why no funds? The TV licence fee for funding such artistic film.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20090916_weehan_huangyiliang_img_main.jpg

黄奕良:午夜烟花, 亏大了..这次 屁股开花liao..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that Xie Shaoguang is TCS all-time best leading actor and Huang Yiliang is all-time best supporting actor.

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goes to show Media Development Authority wants singkies to remain stupid by watching only Jack Neo crap. The day the 66.6 gets intellectual is the day pappies really have to worry.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
16075116650479lpo8.jpg

1274.jpg

Shelia Sim had appeared on several magazine covers and is the face for about five brands, including Poh Heng Jewellery, Bossini in Hong Kong and Fila in China.
She also fronted the fall/winter 2008 ad campaign of London-based, home-grown designer Ashley Isham.
She made her movie debut in 'Autumn In March', she beat 300 candidates to land the lead role where she stars as a poor little rich girl. The family saga directed by former actor Huang Yiliang is slated for release in .......... DVD :wink:

4418.jpg

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found this retro thread on Huang Yiliang's self-directed straight-to-dvd movie.

This is what he wrote on his film company's website...

yiliang1.jpg

Introduction

I joined the acting industry since 23 years old and all of a sudden, I realized that I have not made much progress in recent years. Was it because of my poor performance? Am I being too demanding of myself? There is always this persistent bug that keeps gnawing me.

Was the script poorly written? Perhaps, my fellow actors are too good, or maybe, the right role just hasn't arrived yet. Then again, maybe, I have regressed. In any event, Mediacorp has cultivated me for many years and has given me loads of opportunities. And if nothing great happens, there is no point lamenting.

Last year, I was posted to China to make a movie "Valuable Lotus Lamp". I was given a small role in the movie and was disappointed. In my mind, I was thinking whom did I offend to land myself, such an outstanding veteran actor, in such a minuscule role.

I left for China without a clue of what layed ahead. During the first week, I was already acting with many famous local artistes and one of them was Liu Xiao Qing. I tried so hard to adjust to their local accent that I ended up getting tongue tied most of the time. I kept having lots of NGs. This resulted in the entire set waiting for this supposedly outstanding and accomplished actor trying to memorize his script. My face was as red as a lobster. I kept apologizing and when doing so I looked around to see if there were any Singaporeans around. Luckily, Lin Xiang Ping and the artiste manager were not in. Otherwise, if news spread back to Singapore that Huang YiLiang can't even act in a small role, Mediacorp will come knocking at my door to take away all my awards.

This trip to Beijing has showed me the enormity of the world and how small I am. Everyday, I sat at the location's central courtyard during shoot, drinking "kung-fu" Chinese tea and playing with the Chinese Baoding balls. I felt peace. And it is with this peace that I am able to self reflect.

I want to progress. The flame that was in me 23 years ago when I just started, fuelled again. Now, I wanted more. Hence, the birth of Red Group Film. I am now ready for a new beginning and challenges.

Unless I accomplished something, else would the name Huang Yi Liang, be known 20 years from now? Perhaps, perhaps not. Well, all lies in my actions and decisions today.

I have all to thank for the trip to China and the self-awakening experience in that tiny role.

Founder and Director,
Huang YiLiang

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he is a good actor but dun know for what reasons he always acted in those crook roles in mediacock.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he is a good actor but dun know for what reasons he always acted in those crook roles in mediacock.

he was a lead/2nd lead actor in the late 80s to early 90s. his acting is quite good though often exaggerated but definitely better than most mediacorp artistes today.

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad...he and Zhu Houren remains one of my fav Mediacock artistes...Liu Qianyi too...

If i chance across him, i will buy the DVDs from him...

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Actually, I applaud a man who dares to dream and willing to put money where his mouth is. If I see him, I will definitely buy the DVD from him. Anyone any idea where we can find this DVD beyond bumping into him at JP?