• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Matland] - Johor Sultan : "When I become King soon, I will hunt down and jail every single corrupt Malaysian in the government"

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can the Malay rulers be held accountable in a court of law? Or can they be voted out? Seems a bit dangerous if theres no checks and balance

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can the Malay rulers be held accountable in a court of law? Or can they be voted out? Seems a bit dangerous if theres no checks and balance
Nope, The Malay Rulers are totally untouchable under the law for most criminal offenses, except murder, treason & corruption.
These means that technically according to their legal immunity, they can walk along the streets, beat up anybody, grab any women on the streets, rape shiok shiok with zero punishment (usually they will give some compensation of course)

In fact, it has already happened many times in the past with ordinary folks beaten by the Sultans on the streets after accidentally offending them.

Only now when we have internet, smart phone with camera and social media then the Rulers are more careful to prevent public backlash.

In Malaysia, noone is above the Law, except the Malay Rulers, LOL.

Screenshot 2023-12-11 094337.png

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best is Johor to leave Federation and move into Singapore together with Penang and Malacca.

Together with Sabah and Sarawak

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best is Johor to leave Federation and move into Singapore together with Penang and Malacca. Together with Sabah and Sarawak
That is a mutually beneficial arrangement. S'pore will secure our hinterland and water supply while Johor will reach First World status in no time under our leadership.

Likemeat

Alfrescian
Loyal
"In the video, Mahathir allegedly made a remark that the Malays cannot rely on the Malay rulers to protect them. He also purportedly divulged that he had no respect for the rulers."

I guess things will improve only when the chinese take over Malaysia.

There will be riot. Trust me

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
How the sultan going to end corruption when he has no executive power and authority etc?

Johor Sultan vows to fight corruption during his term as 17th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong
emailwhatsapptwitterfacebookJohor Sultan vows to fight corruption during his term as 17th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong
Sultan Ibrahim’s five-year reign as Malaysia’s King will start on January 31 next year. — Bernama pic
Join us on our WhatsApp Channel, follow us on Instagram, and receive browser alerts for the latest news you need to know.
By Hajar Umira Md Zaki
Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 12:47 PM MYT
KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 10 — Johor Ruler Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar has said that among his focus when he takes on the duty as the 17th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong is to stop corruption.

Advertisement
In an exclusive interview with the Singapore Straits Times, he said ensuring there is no disunity in the country will be his biggest challenge.

He said a stable government must be consistent, with a sustainable policy that is needed to fix the economy.

A key cause of political instability, he said, was “sour grapes” by those at the losing end.

Advertisement
“You know, people contribute hundreds of millions before elections. How do you pay them back? Giving them mega projects. That’s not going to be the case the moment I’m there. Too bad, who asked you to give?” he asked, referring to kickbacks.

“From my great-grandfather, we were great hunters. I make sure when I go hunting, I bring back nice game. But when I’m in KL, it’s a concrete jungle, so what do I hunt? I’m going to hunt all the corrupt people. I make sure I bring results,” he was quoted as saying.

He also suggested that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission report directly to the Agong, instead of to Parliament as it does now.

Advertisement
“If it comes to the Agong, it means you are not under the influence of anybody from the executive. Even Petronas shouldn’t be under Parliament, report directly to me,” he said, referring to the state oil giant.

He also suggested that judicial appointments must “be separated from the executive — they must be independent”.

Judges are appointed by the king, on the advice of the prime minister after an appointment panel recommends candidates.

“We only get the list (from the Prime Minister’s Office) during the Conference of Rulers. Why don’t you bring the name down (to us) before you appoint? We are not a rubber stamp,” he reportedly said.

On October 27, the Istana Negara announced Sultan Ibrahim as the 17th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong, with Perak's Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah as his deputy.

Sultan Ibrahim’s five-year reign as Malaysia’s King will start on January 31 next year, with Sultan Nazrin's term also starting on the same day.

Advertisement
You May Also Like
Related Articles
Khaled Nordin: Ministry of Higher Education looking into TVET ecosystem to ensure success of technical education and training system
Malaysia / 13 m ago

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
How the sultan going to end corruption when he has no executive power and authority etc?

Johor Sultan vows to fight corruption during his term as 17th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong
emailwhatsapptwitterfacebookJohor Sultan vows to fight corruption during his term as 17th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong
Sultan Ibrahim’s five-year reign as Malaysia’s King will start on January 31 next year. — Bernama pic
Join us on our WhatsApp Channel, follow us on Instagram, and receive browser alerts for the latest news you need to know.
By Hajar Umira Md Zaki
KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 10 — Johor Ruler Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar has said that among his focus when he takes on the duty as the 17th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong is to stop corruption.

Advertisement
In an exclusive interview with the Singapore Straits Times, he said ensuring there is no disunity in the country will be his biggest challenge.

He said a stable government must be consistent, with a sustainable policy that is needed to fix the economy.

A key cause of political instability, he said, was “sour grapes” by those at the losing end.

Advertisement
“You know, people contribute hundreds of millions before elections. How do you pay them back? Giving them mega projects. That’s not going to be the case the moment I’m there. Too bad, who asked you to give?” he asked, referring to kickbacks.

“From my great-grandfather, we were great hunters. I make sure when I go hunting, I bring back nice game. But when I’m in KL, it’s a concrete jungle, so what do I hunt? I’m going to hunt all the corrupt people. I make sure I bring results,” he was quoted as saying.

He also suggested that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission report directly to the Agong, instead of to Parliament as it does now.

Advertisement
“If it comes to the Agong, it means you are not under the influence of anybody from the executive. Even Petronas shouldn’t be under Parliament, report directly to me,” he said, referring to the state oil giant.

He also suggested that judicial appointments must “be separated from the executive — they must be independent”.

Judges are appointed by the king, on the advice of the prime minister after an appointment panel recommends candidates.

“We only get the list (from the Prime Minister’s Office) during the Conference of Rulers. Why don’t you bring the name down (to us) before you appoint? We are not a rubber stamp,” he reportedly said.

On October 27, the Istana Negara announced Sultan Ibrahim as the 17th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong, with Perak's Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah as his deputy.

Sultan Ibrahim’s five-year reign as Malaysia’s King will start on January 31 next year, with Sultan Nazrin's term also starting on the same day.

Advertisement
You May Also Like
Related Articles
Khaled Nordin: Ministry of Higher Education looking into TVET ecosystem to ensure success of technical education and training system
Malaysia / 13 m ago

Same effect as Tan Kin Lian during the PE trying to fight cost of living lor.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal

By Hajar Umira Md Zaki

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement
You May Also Like
Related Articles
Malaysia / 13 m ago

Stop reading at 'Agong'...

Gong-Gong like this shellfish how to fight corruption?

Screenshot-2023-08-31-125617.png

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
That’s why some races must always be kept poor. Give them one cubit of land they kill to take your whole country

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Malaysian Chinese are permitted to run the country's Govt, they will finally be able to compete with S'pore and be a developed country. Be careful what S'poreans wish for.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Malaysian Chinese are permitted to run the country's Govt, they will finally be able to compete with S'pore and be a developed country. Be careful what S'poreans wish for.

That's why Bumis must continue to run their Gov, together with their sultans continuing to be Agong-gong dai dai ..

to ensure > 1 : 3 is maintained

Malaysian parliament must continue to have all these animals to provide entertainment...:

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/c...ltan-buys-painting-showing-mps-as-apes-frogs/

Selangor Sultan buys artwork depicting M'sian MPs as apes and frogs

MP_Apes_1649760161.jpg

---------

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
"In the video, Mahathir allegedly made a remark that the Malays cannot rely on the Malay rulers to protect them. He also purportedly divulged that he had no respect for the rulers."

I guess things will improve only when the chinese take over Malaysia.
Over my dead body. Chinese will turn minahs into prostitutes like they did in thailand and cambodia.