• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

jw5

Loyal
I dun know why Lindegaard did not play. He was doing so well between the post. That Spanish idiot ought to be given a slap or two on the head before he comes around. Personally, I much prefer Lind as he appear to command the the six yard area better than De Gea.

Before the Blackburn game, Lindegaard had kept 5 pr 6 consecutive clean sheets, in matches he played.
De Gea's record is much poorer.
The only reason why Fergie is rotating is to prove that his choice was right.
According to the grapevine and bro yinyang might have that info, the goalkeeping coach Eric Steele recommended Holland number 1 Marten Stekelenburg, who eventually went from Ajax to Roma. So did EVDS naturally. But Fergie insisted on De Gea.

jw5

Loyal
i noticed that nani cannot play on the left flanks, he is more effective on the right.

but that is the spot occupied by Valencia during the game with Blackburn.

He is more effective on the right.

Ashley Young still injured or what?

Nani is better on the right. The reason why he plays on the left when Valencia is playing is because Valencia cannot play on the left at all. Absolutely cannot, worse even than Nani, Giggs or Park.
Valencia has only 1 trick, to take the ball down the right flank and cross it with his right foot. Have to say that he's very good at that, but he hardly ever uses his left foot.

Young is still injured.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before the Blackburn game, Lindegaard had kept 5 pr 6 consecutive clean sheets, in matches he played.
De Gea's record is much poorer.
The only reason why Fergie is rotating is to prove that his choice was right.
According to the grapevine and bro yinyang might have that info, the goalkeeping coach Eric Steele recommended Holland number 1 Marten Stekelenburg, who eventually went from Ajax to Roma. So did EVDS naturally. But Fergie insisted on De Gea.

I think Fergie wanted someone young & groom & dev him for long term.

For goalie, their playing life is much much longer and it will be a worthy 'investment' rather than spending big bucks to sign someone established (eg: Buffon).

Or perhaps he think he can groom another Casillas out of De Gea. not to say that De Gea does not have the potential, he has - he is tall and lanky but he needs to beef up to be more commanding (think Schmichel)

I pity Lindegard, he seems fated to play second fiddle.

jw5

Loyal
I think Fergie wanted someone young & groom & dev him for long term.

I pity Lindegard, he seems fated to play second fiddle.

Agree with your comments, that's what Fergie was thinking.
He even used the example of Cech as a 19 year old, Fergie passed on him, Chelsea signed him.
Problem is Lindegaard is now better than De Gea and should be number 1.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
call me superstitious, but I believe Man U is better with Northern Europeans.

Schmeichel, VDS...all those in btw are duds (including high profile Barthez)

So, btw Lindegaard and DG, it seems to favor the former.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah..........even if Man U can play 2 goalies also no use............

the team is weak............and too broke to spend big............

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks like Lindegaard is not any better than De Gea.

15355105725bd80f2b68b1cf2bb701adbc2d287a.jpg

Man Utd Line Up

1535510209f6a64b439586e077d4d2363316484d.jpg

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
blatantly obvious that Carrick cannot be propped up in defence. Neither is Rio Ferdinand the defender before.

For fuck sake, Fergie, are you planning to finish 3rd this season?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The season is over. Even if City drop points in the coming weeks, I can't see Man U playing with any consistency and winning.The old fart has to decide on buying in much needed players or give the youngsters a chance right up to the finish line. There's always a risk that we may end up 4th behind City, Spurs and Arsenal or Chelsea.

Wat is probably necessary is for that old fart to come to grips with the players that ought to be pushed out of OT once and for all. We have many players that are only good for 20 odds games, some even less than 10. When you have clusters of players of varying abilities and stamina, you are going to end up rotating the squad like crazy.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jones is a better defender on the right. He has conceded two own goals so far this season. He tends to switch on and off during play. His half hearted high ball challenge on Demba Ba led to the first goal.No wonder Keane had a pop at the boys after the Basle game.

Can't blame the keeper for the first and the third goals but he could have provided better cover for the second.

Personally, I thot the title chase ended when we lost to Blackburn at OT.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a sham, we lost the plot. Toon army held out back line nullifying our inroads. Their superior physique, height also another factor. Before the match, did think it was uphill to win at Toon camp. But to concede -3 goals was galling, after Rovers home defeat. No more card tricks to pull from hat vs our noisy neighbours (they must be favourites) sun week??

Knn, waste of my beauty sleep this morning

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is a big problem at the back but i am disappointed that the strikers failed to catch up to narrow the deficit.

729363_10_preview.jpg
Man United to join race for Cahill
Manchester United are ready to pounce on the chance to sign Bolton defender Gary Cahill under the noses of Chelsea.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a sham, we lost the plot. Toon army held out back line nullifying our inroads. Their superior physique, height also another factor. Before the match, did think it was uphill to win at Toon camp. But to concede -3 goals was galling, after Rovers home defeat. No more card tricks to pull from hat vs our noisy neighbours (they must be favourites) sun week??

Knn, waste of my beauty sleep this morning

St James Park is never a good hunting ground for Man U, we were mauled 5-0 once...

One or two seasons ago, VDS lost his clean sheet record at St James Park too....

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Damn useless, incompetent, overpaid, over-horny, arrogant, yayapayaya bunch of laggards.

And this time not referring to MIWs.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Damn useless, incompetent, overpaid, over-horny, arrogant, yayapayaya bunch of laggards.

And this time not referring to MIWs.

Fergie needs to do something...in the form of signing and shipping out some duds.

Glazers need to provide the mulla...otherwise, its a downward spiral from here.

jw5

Loyal
Fergie needs to do something...in the form of signing and shipping out some duds.

Glazers need to provide the mulla...otherwise, its a downward spiral from here.

Suggested dud to ship out: Ferdinand.
He is supposed to be a top defender, but everytime he plays, the team ships goals.
And everytime they are short of defenders, he gets injured.

Bring in a strong defender like Cahill or Mats Hummels of Dortmund.
An exciting young playmaking midfielder like Hazard or Goetze.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suggested dud to ship out: Ferdinand.
He is supposed to be a top defender, but everytime he plays, the team ships goals.
And everytime they are short of defenders, he gets injured.

Bring in a strong defender like Cahill or Mats Hummels of Dortmund.
An exciting young playmaking midfielder like Hazard or Goetze.

if i am Fergie, a massive blood letting:

the goalie Kukubird, Ferdinand, Johnny Evans, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Owen, Gibson can all head to the exit.

Rumors of them nicking Cahill...which is good...then Phil Jones can play as DM ...

but prefer him to sign a real DM.

Goetze ..think can forget abt him...Man U cannot afford.