• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
To accomodate Nani on the right of midfield, Fergie had to play Valencia, the 'form' player at right back. If Valencia plays right midfield and assuming a 4-4-2 formation, they have to move Nani to the left where he is less effective. In order for Jones to play right back( which I think this fella is suited), they will have to decide whether Valencia or Nani plays right midfield. Sigh... I dun understand why the three stooges have to make life so difficult at OT. They've all omitted one single fact-the players they have are neither gifted nor versatile.You can only push them so far.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn useless, incompetent, overpaid, over-horny, arrogant, yayapayaya bunch of laggards.

And this time not referring to MIWs.

Correction-The MIWs are still damn useless, incompetent, overpaid,over-horny and arrogant, yayapapaya bunch.:biggrin:

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
How did the steady Lindegaard become such a nervous wreck overnight? It wouldn't surprise me if old fart SOS VDS to come out of retirement as he did with Scholes.
I thought Scholes return was a bad idea but I suspect they are using him as leverage to acquire players. All the clubs in Europe knows we are desperate for a midfield player and I reckon they've inflated the price tags by as much as 2-3 times.
On the subject of comebacks, I would love to see Beckham put on the United shirt again till the end of the season. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what on earth is Fergie thinking of?

Putting a 38 yo guy who has not trained for half a year during a crucial match? 3-0 against Man C is not the time to tinker nor experiment. its time for consolidation and he know very well that Man C's bench is so deep that oil is gushing out...WTF he put scholes, who promptly gave 2 balls away, one leading to the second goal?

What on earth is he doing?

we ride our luck, and indeed luck is on our side. Rooney first goal is superb, the sending off of Kompany is dubious, from the front, yes, its a two foot tackle but from the direction where Kompany is coming from, its not possible to do a sliding tackle with one leg, unless you actually let Nani run past you - which is too risky.

Anyways, I have no complains that man c is reduced to 10 man, for a moment, i thought ho say, deja vu....we finish first half very strongly though i am very surprised not to see Hart between the sticks, i think that is a major factor as well.

Second half, perhaps Man U is complacent, start to see them passing the ball around and then losing the ball several times...i was cursing and swearing...KNN...left back passing to left midfielder to and fro, in Man U's half, then lost the ball...Rooney screaming at Evra.

Evra played poorly, Ferdinand had to cover him at left back and he shouted at him...

Scholes's match sharpness not there yet.

Lindegaard is a bunch of nerves...WTF....at fault for both goals.

Rooney play like someone possessed...he made a critical header clearance, scored 2 goals...man of the match for me.

I wish it would be a Premier league match...but a win over Man C is a win...

now, why do we get all the toughies...Liverpool is next..KNN...luck is surely not helping.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How did the steady Lindegaard become such a nervous wreck overnight? It wouldn't surprise me if old fart SOS VDS to come out of retirement as he did with Scholes.
I thought Scholes return was a bad idea but I suspect they are using him as leverage to acquire players. All the clubs in Europe knows we are desperate for a midfield player and I reckon they've inflated the price tags by as much as 2-3 times.
On the subject of comebacks, I would love to see Beckham put on the United shirt again till the end of the season. :biggrin:

Sad for Man U, to have to turn to a ORD personnel? come on, a club of Man U's stature shld do better than that.

who's next? Get Cantonna out of retirement? Roy Keane to come back? Actually we need Roy Keane's services as DM more than anything else.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sad for Man U, to have to turn to a ORD personnel? who's next? Get Cantonna out of retirement? Roy Keane to come back? Actually we need Roy Keane's services as DM more than anything else.
Sentimentality will get us nowhere, golden balls or ooh-ah-cantona (much as I rever him). Kns, Scholey gave away 2nd goal. Only short term success was that Celtic's Larsson fellow, if my memory serves me right.

Phew, dread to think if WE were 10 men instead. 2nd half was a shambles

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal

12427315180.jpg

"Great minds think alike.
Soon it will become a trend after i set the example for others to follow."

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sentimentality will get us nowhere, golden balls or ooh-ah-cantona (much as I rever him). Kns, Scholey gave away 2nd goal. Only short term success was that Celtic's Larsson fellow, if my memory serves me right.

Phew, dread to think if WE were 10 men instead. 2nd half was a shambles

Fergie has successes previously with oldies.

Henrik Larssson
Laurent Blanc
Teddy Sheringham

He signed the above players at 30 or later.

He is now doing it to Owen - I think for Owen, its not working as well as he would like due to injuries. But since Owen is on pay-as you play, the cost shld be minimal.

But to sign a player out of their retirement is new - Scholes is the first one.

Personally, i think its a wrong move. Retired liao, means retire...dun u-turn come back...its detrimental. Not everyone like Michael Jordan.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

12427315180.jpg

Bro, what to do... ManU has no $$$ to buy new players!

You're partially right but I think they're trying to be as careful as they possibly can about spending. Given the grim and bleak outlook for Europe and the UK in particular, they're bracing themselves for a potential dip in revenues from attendances, merchandising and sponsorship. If it is to be consistent with what UEFA has put in place, you cannot spend more than u earned. Needless to say there is a way to get around this but that is a separate discussion altogether.

I'm not sure about great minds think alike but Wenger, Fergie and for that matter the rest of the team managers of the top clubs know it is always going to be difficult(but not impossible)and expensive to lure top players in the middle of the season. For some losing these players could possibly lead to a drop in morale for team and inevitably the sack for the manager if they fail to achieve their targets.

The date for listing in Singapore has not been finalised but I'd expect them to do so within the next two months.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fergie has successes previously with oldies.

Henrik Larssson
Laurent Blanc
Teddy Sheringham

He signed the above players at 30 or later.

He is now doing it to Owen - I think for Owen, its not working as well as he would like due to injuries. But since Owen is on pay-as you play, the cost shld be minimal.

But to sign a player out of their retirement is new - Scholes is the first one.

Personally, i think its a wrong move. Retired liao, means retire...dun u-turn come back...its detrimental. Not everyone like Michael Jordan.

I didn't see a single youth team player on the bench last night. It's sad for the club if you have to count on 37/38 year old for assistance. Scholes was a great player but he should have done the right thing by saying no and give youth a chance.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't see a single youth team player on the bench last night. It's sad for the club if you have to count on 37/38 year old for assistance. Scholes was a great player but he should have done the right thing by saying no and give youth a chance.

unfortunately, none of the youth team can make it....morrison? macheda?

jw5

Loyal

Henry: Hey! Excuse me, I'm not retired yet ok, and I can still score goals ok!!!!

Campbell: Hey! I wasn't retired either ok!

Lehman: Hehehe, ok, I was retired, but then I'm a little crazy one. :o

jw5

Loyal
unfortunately, none of the youth team can make it....morrison? macheda?

Pogba and Lingard (young defender) were on the bench against Newcastle.

Macheda has gone on loan to QPR.

Fergie doesn't feel comfortable with this batch of young uns', and that includes Anderson too. :o

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pogba and Lingard (young defender) were on the bench against Newcastle.

Macheda has gone on loan to QPR.

Fergie doesn't feel comfortable with this batch of young uns', and that includes Anderson too. :o

I just need to give you three examples. Nuri Sahin, Lukaku, Chu-Young Park. They were all high filers with their ex clubs before making their big move to bigger clubs. What happened to them now? Bench warmers. How are they going to showcase their talents when they fall behind the pecking order? :biggrin:

Poor Pogba and Lingard, SAF has no confidence in his own youth talents.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just need to give you three examples. Nuri Sahin, Lukaku, Chu-Young Park. They were all high filers with their ex clubs before making their big move to bigger clubs. What happened to them now? Bench warmers. How are they going to showcase their talents when they fall behind the pecking order? :biggrin:

Poor Pogba and Lingard, SAF has no confidence in his own youth talents.

The fitness level required for the EPL is far more demanding than most European leagues. Besides they have to acclimatize,integrate and get use to the pace played in England. Sahan, Lukaku and Chu-Young Park will play in good time.

Pogba made a cardinal mistake of threatening Man U that he would not sign on if he's not given a chance in first team football. Do you think Fergie is going to give in after all the trouble United went through to get him from the French League? Not a chance. SAF will pick an easier game and time for him to play to his heart's content.

jw5

Loyal
You are damn right. And that was how Sahin was treated in RM. Mourinho brought him on only after RM cruised to a 7-1 victory against Osasuna. :biggrin:

David my man, looks like your days in the Chelsea first XI are numbered hor? :o

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Newcastle want to buy back Carroll...which means Ba is leaving..rumor Man U interested...

surely Fergie needs to strengthen his defence and midfield more than anything.