• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL...any hopes of Sneijder joining Man U dashed...sob sob...

Fergie Fergie...u can kiss CL bye bye liao...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL...any hopes of Sneijder joining Man U dashed...sob sob...

Fergie Fergie...u can kiss CL bye bye liao...
If can reach final, then 50/50, LOL, but i prefer BPL title than Champions, it will be good for the youngsters morale if they won it, long term wised.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If can reach final, then 50/50, LOL, but i prefer BPL title than Champions, it will be good for the youngsters morale if they won it, long term wised.
hee...i crave the CL more leh...BPL, Man U already the best team...wait until Liverpool win 19th title...then talk ho ho..

but one thing...Liverpool won more CL than Man U...5...Man U...only 3...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hee...i crave the CL more leh...BPL, Man U already the best team...wait until Liverpool win 19th title...then talk ho ho..

but one thing...Liverpool won more CL than Man U...5...Man U...only 3...
I dun fancy them winning Champions this season at all. If SAF really wants Champions this year, he will definitely get Sneijder rather than bank on youngsters.

jw5

Loyal
i think Man U tried that during CL final, which to me, represent a realistic chance to lift the trophy - on home ground of all things.

they tried to play with pace and dominated the game in the first 10- 20 min before Barca got back control of the midfield, after that, it was all the way down. Barca attacking, formulating moves all the way. Man U's midfield kenna dominated and esp with Barca playing a 3 man midfield vs Man U's 4 midfield.

the only goal that Man U scored was representative of a quick counter attack strategy. But other than that, they lost the plot in midfield & allow Barca to come to them. Barca played slick, precise passing with Xavi dictating play.

Man U despite having higher speed ratings, could do nothing if you cannot even have the ball at your feet.

Even with Wesley, Man Utd will be outplayed by Barca in the passing tactical game.
Nobody can match Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Mascherano, and now Fabregas. They will feed Villa, Sanchez and Pedro.
Perhaps the only way is to play at breakneck speed and let the score end up 6-5, as long as Man Utd are 6. :biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even with Wesley, Man Utd will be outplayed by Barca in the passing tactical game.
Nobody can match Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Mascherano, and now Fabregas. They will feed Villa, Sanchez and Pedro.
Perhaps the only way is to play at breakneck speed and let the score end up 6-5, as long as Man Utd are 6. :biggrin:
there is chance to win them if u play dirty and be more theatrical.
if wanna play like Barca, u are expose.
:biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually can win 1, like how Real play, let them pass here pass there, wait for them till outside penalty box, hustle for the ball and hit them with counter attacks. But the defenders really has to have 101% concentrations. Easier said than done lah.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is chance to win them if u play dirty and be more theatrical.
if wanna play like Barca, u are expose.
:biggrin:
Like Dutch team lah, hahaha, actually I do agree with Marwijk tactics, you defend you will die like Germany, might as well be aggressive and break their passing game. I still stand by my Dutch team during the WC Final, LOL

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

no, they don't...they need another defensive midfielder to complete the peekture. Wesly is only one part of the puzzle.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually can win 1, like how Real play, let them pass here pass there, wait for them till outside penalty box, hustle for the ball and hit them with counter attacks. But the defenders really has to have 101% concentrations. Easier said than done lah.

tats what Man U did during the CL final...but i personally don't like this idea...too risky.

you let them come to your penalty box, all they need is a good pass to score. Which they did 3 times.

Hitting back on counter got them a goal, but after that, Barca marshalled their defense up, and closed the door or they simply increased the pressure on the penalty box.

Also, with this strategy, you need a good passer and playmaker who knows who is where...Park on that night is lost...totally lost.

Ferdinand is not a defender I trust - in fact, I have been advocating to sell him this summer.

jw5

Loyal

Real when they play Barca had Pepe, normally a central defender and Diarra, normally a bench warmer in midfield.
They just tried to crowd them out and let Ronaldo, Di Maria and Higuain/Benzema do the forwrd running.
Even then, still lost most of the time. :o

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Real when they play Barca had Pepe, normally a central defender and Diarra, normally a bench warmer in midfield.
They just tried to crowd them out and let Ronaldo, Di Maria and Higuain/Benzema do the forwrd running.
Even then, still lost most of the time. :o

thats bcos Barca has Messi LOL...and RM play like hooligans...

jw5

Loyal
no, they don't...they need another defensive midfielder to complete the peekture. Wesly is only one part of the puzzle.

Not many great defensive midfielders around who are available.
I still think Man Utd will be outplayed by Barca. They have got their style down pat.
Trying to match them would be near impossible, better to play breakneck style. :wink:

And I agree about Ferdinand, my guess is that he would be sold next summer for less than 5 million pounds, after having been bought for 30 million and being injured and horny most of the time. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wayne rooney = vain rooney LOL

20110901150225f4368.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not many great defensive midfielders around who are available.
Bommel, LOL, my fav, play dirty but act innocent to the refs, LOL

Actually Man U have Fletcher, but dunno how he's playing after he recovered from injury....

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bommel, LOL, my fav, play dirty but act innocent to the refs, LOL

Actually Man U have Fletcher, but dunno how he's playing after he recovered from injury....[/QUOT

IMO, fletcher fail as a DM. His phyisque fail, his build not enuff to give terror - maybe i grew up looking at Roy Keane / David Batty type of DM.

The other one that left a good impression was Gattuso (spelling?) used to be of AC milan.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fletcher got some bite in him, not stocky type, but he can break the passing. Better than Carrick, dunno do what 1, see Carrick play is like seeing Man 10 players vs opponents 11 players, zzzzz