• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2010-11

D

Dodomeki

Rooney stayed after Ferguson was given massive transfer budget - report

Rooney stayed after Ferguson was given massive transfer budget - report

23 October 2010

12427154482.jpg

Wayne Rooney signed a new five-year contract with Manchester United only after being informed that Sir Alex Ferguson will be handed a transfer kitty of £100 million, according to ESPN.

(GSM) - Wayne Rooney signed a new five-year contract with Manchester United only after being informed that Sir Alex Ferguson will be handed a transfer kitty of £100 million, according to ESPN.

Rooney had questioned the club's ambition while speaking out about his desire to leave Old Trafford before annoucing that a deal to extend his stay at the club was sensationally ironed out.

Rooney said: "I'm signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history."

It is understood that Rooney was reassured that the Glazer family will be loosening their purse strings to back Ferguson with a formidable transfer budget despite the burden of loans which face the English club.

It is believed that Rooney took to the decision to commit his future after realizing that Chelsea would not offer him a superior contract to that he has at United, Barcelona do not currently have the kind of money that could tempt the England star, Real Madrid are not ready to delve into their pockets in January and Manchester City are an uninteresting choice for the player.

After penning the new deal, Rooney will be paid a basic wage of £150,000 per week, and the wages could reach £200,000 if he meets the level of performances set by his club.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why roo decided not to leave

SNE2201P-682_1149111a.jpg

AN angry mob of balaclava-clad Man United fans stormed Wayne Rooney's home last night, demanding to know why he wants to leave. The striker called cops.

Fans who gathered outside carried a sinister banner warning: "Sign for City and you're dead."

The protesters - from Manchester United's notorious Men In Black "firm" - planned to plant the sign outside the wantaway Red Devil's £4million mansion.

But police arrived to disperse the demonstration before they were able to do it.

United fans fear the England striker, 25 on Sunday, could sign for their arch local rivals Man City after insisting he wants to leave Old Trafford - accusing the club of lacking ambition.

More than 40 supporters descended on the star's home as he enjoyed a night in with wife Coleen and their baby son Kai.

Arriving in a convoy of cars, they buzzed repeatedly on the footballer's intercom - telling him to come out and face them.

One said through the speaker grille: "We want to talk to you, Wayne. We want you to explain the real reason you want to leave. We're not going to hurt you."

Rooney saw the mob outside his home in Prestbury, Cheshire, at 8.30pm last night and refused to answer the door.

He dialled 999 and alerted United's private security firm CES. Eight cops arrived within ten minutes and threatened to arrest the fans for public order offences unless they dispersed.
Honest

Rooney watched the drama from an upstairs window. He and his family were left unhurt but shaken. Officers went indoors to speak with him. Last night six security men were standing guard.

A police source said: "Rooney saw the fans on the camera by his gate and around the front of his property and called security.

"Officers arrived and told the fans they'd made their point and threatened them with arrest."

The invasion resembled a scene from 2009 movie Looking For Eric in which a gang of fans wearing masks of United legend Eric Cantona burst into a thug's house.

And it echoed the incident when a balaclava-wearing group turned up at team-mate Rio Ferdinand's house after he delayed signing a new deal in May 2005.

Last night the mob's leader, who refused to be named, said: "We don't believe what Rooney said about his reasons for leaving the club. We want answers.

"The club is struggling for money but it was struggling for money four months ago - so what's changed?

"He has got himself in a mess in his private life and we understand if he wants to run away abroad, but the least we deserve is that he's honest with us.

"If he joins City it's going to go off and he'll be seeing us again."

Another fan said: "We're not here to scare him - we're fans, not thugs. But I can tell Wayne one thing, he wants to forget joining City. That really wouldn't be a good thing to do."

No arrests were made. In 2002 David Beckham was barracked by members of the Men In Black in Budapest after United were beaten by lowly Hungarians Zalaegerszeg.

The gang name originates from a 1989 clash with die-hard West Ham fans in London.

Earlier yesterday Rooney was blasted by his own team-mates over his claims he was quitting because United lacked ambition.

Senior stars were said to have suggested the striker should never play for United again.

Rooney was shunned as he arrived grim-faced at the club's Carrington training ground for treatment to his injured ankle.

Meanwhile manager Sir Alex Ferguson, 68, spent three hours meeting chief executive David Gill for talks about the player's future.

Midfielder Darren Fletcher - a pal of Rooney's - said: "High-profile players have left in the past but the club itself just keeps going."

Rooney, contracted until 2012, claimed United failed to give him "assurances" about the future quality of the squad.

A club statement last night said: "There are no developments of note to report today."

Ex-England boss Graham Taylor, 66, last night said Rooney would need protection "for the rest of his life" if he joined City.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-storms-Wayne-Rooneys-home.html#ixzz13DdklmNd

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why roo really did sign man u

SNN2305A-682_1149913a.jpg

WAYNE Rooney agreed to stay at Manchester United yesterday - after Old Trafford bosses made him the world's highest-paid player on £250,000-A-WEEK.

The striker, 25 tomorrow, signed a five-year mega-deal, despite earlier announcing he would quit the Premier League giants.

Chiefs also assured Rooney that boss Sir Alex Ferguson would soon be opening his cheque-book to sign world-class stars.

The deal came less than 48 hours after Roo claimed the club lacked "ambition".

Wantaway Wayne changed his mind after Man United's American owners intervened and offered him the pay rise topping £8million a year.

Members of the Glazer family personally called the striker at home on Thursday and assured him the cash-strapped club COULD still compete financially with the world's top teams.

The amazing pay deal - once bonuses are included - will keep him as a Red Devil until 2015.

Rooney's £65million contract smashes United's strict salary ceiling and, if he performs well, could bring him £8.3million a year MORE than his old weekly pay packet of £90,000.

It comes days after 500,000 state jobs were axed amid the swingeing cutbacks of the Government's spending review. And it followed menacing scenes at the soccer star's Cheshire mansion, when 40 angry fans gathered outside the gates, demanding to know his reasons for wanting to quit the club.

Sinister banners and graffiti even warned he would be KILLED if he joined United's fierce local rivals Man City.

Rooney, 24, agreed the deal 48 hours after accusing the club of lacking "ambition".

His change of heart came after he was convinced by the owners and manager Sir Alex Ferguson that United still have the financial power to compete.

A well-placed source in the United States told The Sun: "Manchester United went to unprecedented lengths to keep Wayne Rooney at the club.

"Members of the Glazer family have made assurances and promised Wayne the club will sign highly valuable players when they become available." Following that conversation Rooney gave his agent Paul Stretford the nod to re-start negotiations with United chief executive David Gill.

When a deal was close, Ferguson also spoke privately with the England star and bluntly told him he would have retired if he did not believe the Glazers' promises.

A United insider said: "After the phone call between Wayne and the Glazer family, Sir Alex told Wayne he himself would not be staying had he not received those assurances.

"He told Wayne, 'You can trust me now'. The club let George Best and David Beckham go, but they won't let Rooney walk out the door."

Rooney's new salary is the highest weekly wage paid by any club in the world, although Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo earn more overall through sponsorship deals.

Until now, Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure had been the best-paid player in the Premier League with a weekly wage of £185,000.

News that Rooney was staying was greeted with jubilation by his team-mates, boss and most United fans.

The star also said he was "delighted" to re-sign for the club he joined in 2004, but admitted he faced a tough time winning back the trust of the Stretford End faithful.

Dad-of-one Roo, currently sidelined by injury, said: "I'm delighted it's finally signed. Hopefully I can move on and get back fit and playing again.

"In the last couple of days, I've talked to the manager and owners and they've convinced me this is where I belong.

"I said on Wednesday the manager is a genius and it is his belief and support that have convinced me to stay. As a player here I care for the club. I had some concerns, I'm just pleased we worked it out."

Rooney also promised to win back angry fans with his performances on the pitch. He said: "I'm sure the fans are upset with everything, but my message is that I care for this club and want to be here.

"I want to continue being successful at this club. Some fans might not take to it too quickly - it might take time. But I will give 100 per cent."

Ferguson revealed Rooney was welcomed back to the fold after apologising to him and the first team over his accusations that the current squad was not strong enough.

The manager, 68, said: "He apologised to me and the players this morning, and I think he'll do that with the fans, which is important, because we've all been hurt.

"He realises he's made a mistake - and that happens, particularly with young people.

"I'm really delighted he's decided to stay because no one has ever come to me in that fashion, asking to leave. The job now is to put this behind us and get Wayne Rooney playing the way we know he can." United and England team-mate Rio Ferdinand said via Twitter: "It was never in doubt in my mind tweeps, wazza is Man utd through and through."

Old Trafford fans gave Rooney's return a mixed reception. In a poll on the Red Issue fan-site, 54 per cent vowed to forgive him. But 25 per cent called him "money-grabbing".

Rooney will celebrate his pay deal with a champagne-fuelled 25th birthday bash tomorrow with wife Coleen, 24, baby son Kai, plus family and friends.

Fans who demonstrated outside his £4million Prestbury home on Thursday night mistakenly targeted the pregnant wife of team-mate Wes Brown.

Leanne Brown, 33 - who lives next door to Rooney - was met by the balaclava-clad gang as she drove home. Thinking she was Coleen, they banged on her car roof, yelling "Greedy bitch." A source said: "She was unhurt but shaken."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3193705/Wayne-Rooney-on-250k-a-week.html#ixzz13DeNusNI

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: All's Well That Ends Well

wayne tiew,

you so fast bk in love with rooney after issuing death threat last a few days ago.

confirm all manu fans are like you, glory hunters.:oIo:
Dun talk cock hor, I'm also a Man U fan but i dun act like Ah Piew :oIo::oIo:

D

Dodomeki

Wayne Rooney's ankle injury more serious than first thought, says Man Utd's Sir Alex Ferguson

Wayne Rooney could miss the Manchester derby on Nov 10 after Sir Alex Ferguson revealed that the United striker could be out for longer than the three weeks first thought with an ankle injury.

Published: 10:23AM BST 29 Oct 2010

rooneypa_1749423c.jpg

Sidelined: Wayne Rooney looks likely to miss the Manchester derby after Sir Alex Ferguson revealed his ankle injury is more serious than first feared Photo: PA

Rooney, who signed a new five-year contract at Old Trafford last week, is currently away in Dubai to recuperate after suffering the injury in training last week. When asked at a press conference today if three weeks was still the prognosis, Ferguson said: "I think it may be longer."

The 25 year-old has yet to appear for United following an extraordinary few days last week that ended with him committing his future to the club after previously stating a desire to leave. Ferguson said: "There is no recovery, it is just rest. "Before he went away we did his remedial in terms of what we could do at the time. Thereafter, rest - we're quite happy with that."

Rooney, who will miss the visit of Tottenham to Old Trafford in the Premier League tomorrow and United's Champions League tie against Bursaspor in midweek, could also now be a doubt for their trip to Eastlands on Wednesday, Nov 10. Rooney has struggled for form this season, scoring just once for United.

His absence has reduced United's frontline options with Michael Owen also facing an extended spell on the sidelines. Owen was hoping to return from a groin strain in the midweek Carling Cup tie against Wolves but pulled a hamstring in training. Ferguson said: "It is disappointing for him. It should be four or five weeks. "The last thing he needs is a hamstring injury.

"It is a loss because with Wayne being injured it only gives us the three options at the moment." In their place, Javier Hernandez has impressed with four goals in four games while Dimitar Berbatov shone in the opening weeks of the campaign. Federico Macheda is Ferguson's other forward alternative.

D

Dodomeki

<OBJECT width="470" height="353"><PARAM name="movie" value="http://video.rutube.ru/978f8c749a53d036b4290eec93bcb1e8"></PARAM><PARAM name="wmode" value="window"></PARAM><PARAM name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></PARAM><PARAM name="flashVars" value="uid=3468691"></PARAM><EMBED src="http://video.rutube.ru/978f8c749a53d036b4290eec93bcb1e8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" width="470" height="353" allowFullScreen="true" flashVars="uid=3468691"></EMBED></OBJECT>

D

Dodomeki

Bursaspor v Manchester United: Rio Ferdinand out of Champions League clash

Rio Ferdinand was the major absentee from the 20-man Manchester United party which headed off to Turkey this morning for the Champions League encounter with Bursaspor.

By Telegraph staff and agencies
Published: 9:32AM GMT 01 Nov 2010

rio_ferdinand_1750843c.jpg

Not included: defender Rio Ferdinand has not flown out to Turkey
Photo: AFP

No immediate reason was given for Ferdinand's absence although it seems highly likely Sir Alex Ferguson's decision was purely precautionary. Ferdinand has long-standing back problems and the four-hour flight is hardly conducive to easing his discomfort.

With crucial Premier League matches against Wolves and at Manchester City and Aston Villa to follow in the next fortnight, Ferdinand has almost certainly been excused to give him the best possible chance of featuring in those fixtures.

Jonny Evans, Federico Macheda, Anderson plus long-term victims Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs and Michael Owen were also missing as United search for the three points which would take them up to 10 in Group C, the mark which Ferguson always feels is enough to seal a place in the knockout round.

Midfielder Michael Carrick was on the plane and the former Tottenham midfielder has rejected the theory that the Champions League group stage is getting easier. "The Champions League is not easier than it used to be," said the England international.

"In terms of the stature and history of the clubs, it might not be as good, but the games are still tough, especially away from home. "People might point to our away record, which is very good, but all those matches have been hard.

"Travelling to Turkey, for instance, presents you with a long journey and a different type of atmosphere. You are encountering players that you don't see every week. "It brings a different challenge to Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid. "It is something you have to face if you want to continue in the competition."

D

Dodomeki

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney sent to USA for 'change of scenery'

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney sent to USA for 'change of scenery'

Manchester United are sending Wayne Rooney for a week's conditioning work in the United States in a bid to ensure he is fully fit for a first-team comeback.

By Telegraph staff and agencies
Published: 10:35AM GMT 05 Nov 2010

wayne_rooney_1754519c.jpg

Conditioning: Wayne Rooney will spend a week in the States Photo: GETTY IMAGES

Rooney is presently sidelined by an ankle injury and manager Sir Alex Ferguson does not expect his main striker to be back in action for another three weeks. But rather than use the state-of-the-art facilities at their Carrington training base, United have opted to use Nike's centre in Oregon, as much in a bid to get Rooney away from the constant headlines which have dogged him since news of his unhappiness at Old Trafford was first raised nearly three weeks ago.

"What we are intending to do with Wayne is send him to Nike Town in the USA for a week's conditioning training," said United assistant-manager Mike Phelan. "We have decided, with Wayne, the medical team and the coaching staff that it would be the best thing for him. "He is going on Saturday and will return the following Saturday. "It is a week's intensive conditioning, under the supervision of our medical team and our sports' science department."

Phelan did raise the possibility that Rooney could be back for the home encounter with Wigan on Nov 21, although there is little doubt United believe the chance of working away from the glare of publicity will aid Rooney's recovery programme. "We have the facilities," he conceded. "We just thought it might be in the interests of him and the club to have a change of scenery for a little while. "He has had a lot of attention lately and we want to give him the best opportunity that he possibly can to be in good shape when he returns.

"He needs the conditioning. We all agree with that. He can go there without the attention he would get around here. "If that goes according to plan, he will be available when he returns." Aside from Rooney, for once the weekly medical bulletin was led by information on the manager, Sir Alex Ferguson. United officials confirmed the Scot would be absent from his weekly press briefing. It was left to Phelan to confirm Ferguson had been struck down by the same virus which prevented four members of his squad travelling to Turkey for the Champions League win over Bursaspor and keeps Darron Gibson out of Saturday's Premier League encounter with Wolves.

"The manager has been ill since coming back from Turkey," said Phelan.
"He came down with a virus yesterday (Thursday). He felt a little bit like that on the flight coming back. "Yesterday he felt worse, so we have kept him away from the club for a little while. "It is related to the virus that has been going around. "It is one of those things that gets hold of you and is hard to shake off but he will be at the game tomorrow."

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a great weekend of results.
Chelski and ArseWipe lost
while Man Utd won.
Man Utd still unbeaten in the league,
second in the league,
only 2 pts behind Chelski,
without Rooney for most of the season so far.
Champions are teams who can still win
while playing without their Star player.
Shame about Hargreaves though.:(

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Sat was Sir Alex's 24th Anniversary
in Charge Of The Red Devils.
May the great man be in charge
for another 24 years!!

D

Dodomeki

Talk is cheap. Like what Manchester City's Adebayor said before his team lost 0-3 to Arsenal. :biggrin:

Manchester City v Manchester United: Javier Hernandez out for World Cup revenge on Carlos Tevez

Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez says he has a personal score to settle with Carlos Tevez in tonight's Manchester derby after the Argentine striker effectively wrote off Mexico's World Cup hopes in a controversial 3-1 win in South Africa.

javier_hernandez_1758371b.jpg

Looking to the heavens: Javier Hernandez wants to make up for World Cup exit Photo: AFP

By Telegraph staff 11:01AM GMT 10 Nov 2010

Tevez scored twice for Argentina that night, with his first goal the main impetus behind the controversy because of just how far offside he was.

The scoreline resulted in Hernandez and his team-mates missing out on a quarter-final place and, as such, the 22-year-old is hoping for retribution at Eastlands.

"I have a sporting matter to resolve with Tevez," he said. "At the World Cup Mexico were defeated by Argentina amid such controversy so now is the best moment to return the score.

"We know Tevez is the key man in the derby - we need to stop him to reduce the danger in our penalty area. He's been out injured but, even so, he always seems to offer a big performance in these situations."

Hernandez, a £6 million transfer from Guadalajara during the summer, is set to line up alongside Dimitar Berbatov, with Wayne Rooney still sidelined with injury, and the Mexican is all too aware of how high the stakes are when it comes to this particular derby.

"The important thing is victory for United," he said. "But I am living a dream in England and if I play in the derby and score it will be incredible. I can sense from the dressing room the importance of this derby and also I have noticed the atmosphere in the streets.

"It all adds up to a special match and any footballer should give 200 per cent to play in this one. "Apart from anything else it is vital for both sides to take three points. Actually, to beat City in their own stadium would really be like winning four points - an extra one for the damage it will cause to City's morale if they lose.

"United have suffered from the absence of key players but we are prepared for the battle and go into it without fear."

D

Dodomeki

Manchester City v Manchester United: Roberto Mancini tips Chelsea but confident of derby win

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini predicts that league leaders Chelsea will retain their Premier League title, but stressed that his side is now capable of beating that of "top manager" Sir Alex Ferguson at any time.

By Telegraph staff 11:52AM GMT 09 Nov 2010

The Manchester City manager has downplayed the significance of tomorrow's derby clash with Manchester United, saying that he expects Chelsea to retain the title. "I think that the Premier League is very long, very difficult," he said. "It is important for us to stay in first, second, third position. "I think Chelsea will win the Premier League, but all the other teams near them can try."

He was frank when asked whether a manager marshalling over £300 million worth of talent might be expected to be fighting for more than just a Champions League place. "In my opinion, Chelsea is better than the other teams. Our target must be the Champions League. But we will be there near Chelsea, near United, in January. We will have a chance."

Although he was downbeat about his team's chances of winning the league, Mancini was confident that his side can beat their local rivals. "I think that they know that we are a strong team," he said. "The situation changed," he continued, referring to United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's recent comments suggesting that City will keep spending "until they win."

"We have respect for United, and respect for Fergie because he's the top manager in the world. "But we can be better than them always now." Ferguson, meanwhile, has denied that Manchester City's spending means that they will inevitably win the title at some point. "The Premier League is a really competitive league, a really difficult league to win. City recognise that themselves," he said.

D

Dodomeki

Manchester City v Manchester United: virus adds to Sir Alex Ferguson's selection woes

Manchester City v Manchester United: virus adds to Sir Alex Ferguson's selection woes

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has complained of a virus which has been circulating his squad before United's clash with local rivals Manchester City at Eastlands on Wednesday.

By Telegraph staff and agencie 11:23AM GMT 09 Nov 2010

Putting off any squad announcements until Wednesday morning, Ferguson said that some unspecified players have been sent home from training after coming down with the bug.

The bug kept striker Dimitar Berbatov out of United's tightly-fought victory Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday, but Ferguson claims that several other players have come down with it since then. over

"Some players were sent home yesterday," he told Sky Sports News.

"There's still players out, some with flu. "We're not in a great position at the moment," he concluded, adding that it's "a difficult time" for the club. Ferguson was confident that his squad is good enough to overcome Manchester City's team of expensive signings, however. "We've a strong squad so we'll carry on," he said.

Although Ryan Giggs had been expected to return for the derby after returning to training following a hamstring pull, Ferguson said that he will not play. Long-term absentee Owen Hargreaves, who made a fleeting return against Wolves before puling up with a hamstring injury, has been ruled out for a further five-weeks. Nani might miss the game because of the groin strain he picked up against Bursaspor.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Bro Dodomeki is there something wrong with the PPTV station,they are not showing live games anymore..any other link much apreciate..thanks.

D

Dodomeki

Blanc attracted to United post

Blanc attracted to United post

11 November 2010

12427144720.jpg

France boss Laurent Blanc admits he 'could be attracted' to the soon-to-be vacated Manchester United managerial seat.

(GSM) - France boss Laurent Blanc admits he 'could be attracted' to the soon-to-be vacated Manchester United managerial seat.

The 44-year-old played at Old Trafford for two years before retiring as a player in 2003 and has since then moved into football managing.

After leaving Bordeaux, Blanc is now in charge of France. And despite being focused on doing a good job with his nation, Blanc admits the United post could prove too appealing for him to refuse.

"I could be attracted," Blanc told Reuters. "It would be a very exciting challenge, very difficult, but conceivable if he presides at the process of his own succession.

"I would like it very much, but it would be difficult to find him a successor. He is at the helm for 24 years. "Anyway, I am not concerned by that project so far. I have another challenge!"