• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Man U beat Barcelona without Giggs?

Jchen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, bet on a Man U win. Fergie will find the best way to stop Lionel Messi. Barca keep possession like no other team in the history of the game. The key idea for Man U is to pile the pressure on their defenders and not allow them to bring the ball out of the back to their playmakers. Man U will play with great intensity. Sheer energy is Manchester United's greatest strength when they are playing well. Several of their players could run all day and keeping their passing at a consistently high tempo allows them to overwhelm opponents at times. It is no co-incidence they complete so many second-half comebacks, with many teams who score against them eventually deciding to sit back, inviting wave after wave of attacks. Fergie may leave out slow & old players like Giggs, Rio & Carrick. Smalling takes over from Rio in defense which also has fast players like Rafael, Evra, Vidic. They may need Fabio to mark Messi all over the field. Park to run all over midfield to win balls. And there is Valencia and Nani to provide width & feed the final ball to Rooney & Chico. And of course, Edwin in goal is a superb custodian.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
227584_224937364187653_223421104339279_994018_5660335_n.jpg

Hahahahahahahaha.. Man Yoo is not about Giggsy and he should retire and coach/play at 2nd tier club. Likewise FC Barcelona is not about Messi. Their second stringers alone can beat any league one club :biggrin:

Last edited:

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Playing Park would be a mistake. Man U lost the previous final with Anderson and Park in midfield. I think it would be Man U's year again. If a farkup team like Inter can knock Barca out last year, I don't see why Man U can't win this final. 1968 Wembley all over again.

Park to run all over midfield to win balls.

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If a farkup team like Inter can knock Barca out last year, I don't see why Man U can't win this final. 1968 Wembley all over again.

Mourinho was the one behind Inter's success. If i am a club owner i would prefer him as coach anytime. Arsenal FC new owners should replace Wenger with Jose! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Barca and Spain are practically useless when teams park the bus. They have no targetman to cross to in the crowded box. Just look at how Hercules, Rubin Kazan, Switzerland and USA defeated them. Man Utd will do the same this Sat. Expect to see a 4-1-4-1: VDS, Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Valencia, Fletcher, Park, Rooney, Hernandez.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm hoping ManUre will play Giggs............

that old fart will be their undoing..............

hope Barca will cruxify ManUre............