• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Portsmouth 0-1 Man Utd and Darren Fletcher to the rescue of Man Utd again.
first win of the season,really look like Man Utd has to get a real striker soon.

manu74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man U 1 - 2 Zenit
First loss of the season...

At least it is not a impt match.. But we really need a good striker.. The goals r just not coming... Even experienced Paul Scholes also cracked under pressure n end up getting sending off..

Dun quite understand - no strikers liao n still sell off Saha.. Though he is so injury prone that as good as never really having him...

manu74

Alfrescian
Loyal
and Paul Scholes got sent off for trying a Maradona,using his hand to score a goal.

Think the pressure got 2 him ba.. trying so hard 2 drag us back into the game. Tried n tried but just cannot score!!!

Berbatov deal - hope that it do not get called off... We really need him!!!

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Devils' performance so far is miserable.
No real forward in their squad.
miss the running of C.Ronaldo,with him at least he can draw away a few defenders to make more opening for his fellow team-mates to explore.

jw5

Loyal
Man U 1 - 2 Zenit
First loss of the season...

At least it is not a impt match.. But we really need a good striker.. The goals r just not coming... Even experienced Paul Scholes also cracked under pressure n end up getting sending off..

Dun quite understand - no strikers liao n still sell off Saha.. Though he is so injury prone that as good as never really having him...
I thought it was an important match, as it meant more silverware.
Unfortunately, the team played poorly and all the weaknesses were exposed, namely defensive weakness of Neville, Evra and Scholes, lack of cutting edge from the strikers in the box and Nani and Anderson not being the finished product. Probably not appropriate for Park to make his comeback from injury, although it was good to see him back.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully this will raise the spirits in Man U's camp :smile:

Ronaldo set for early return

sport-ronaldo.jpg

'I am feeling fine. I am feeling really good and my recovery is going well,' the 23-year-old said. -- POLARIS SPORTS

LONDON - CRISTIANO Ronaldo believes he could be back playing for Manchester United by the end of September after completing his recovery from ankle surgery.
The Portuguese winger went under the knife in July following the Euro 2008 tournmament and initial forecasts were that he could be out of action until late October and possibly November.

But Ronaldo, who scored 42 goals last season to fire United to the Premier League title and Champions League, has been told his rehabilitation is ahead of schedule and he is on track for an early return to action.

'I am feeling fine. I am feeling really good and my recovery is going well,' the 23-year-old said.

'I am more than happy with my progress and I hope to be back playing for United by the end of September - that is my target and it is a realistic one.

'It has been frustrating to miss the start of the Premier League season but I am pleased with my rehabilitation and, hopefully, I'll be ready soon.' -- AFP

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> United finally complete £30.75m Berbatov deal

Updated: September 2, 2008, 12:42 AM UK </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed they have finally agreed to sell Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United for £30.75million with Frazier Campbell moving the other way on a season's loan.

Berbatov finally realised his dream of playing for the Devils and Man Utd gets their man or should I say,Fergie gets his man.

But Man Utd was overshadowed by the city's rival Man City,who get Robinho under the nose of Chelsea in a a British transfer record of £32.5million.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fergie finally got his man - Berbatov.
Man Utd really needs him to escape unhurt during the international matches.
he should be able to blend very well with the rest of the team,since this is also what he wants.

wudi

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Sir Alex Ferguson has hailed £30.75million man Dimitar Berbatov as a 'key signing' in Manchester United's quest for a Premier League title hat-trick. Berbatov finally completed a four-year deal to join from Tottenham just before the closure of the transfer window last night....."

Man U's season has just began :smile:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manchester United have appointed Mike Phelan as assistant manager, replacing Carlos Queiroz who left Old Trafford to become Portugal coach in July.
Phelan, a former United player who has worked his way up through the ranks of the backroom staff, has been working as a first team coach since 2001 when Steve McClaren left for Middlesbrough.Dutchman Rene Meulensteen has also been promoted from technical skills development officer to take on Phelan's former role.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson welcomed the two new appointments.
'I am delighted Mick and Rene have agreed to fill these important positions,' he said.
'Mick knows Manchester United inside out, having been associated with the club for the best part of 20 years.
'He is a very talented and professional coach, whose ability and contribution to the club's success has often been understated.'
Ferguson added: 'Rene brings different ideas and experience to the role of first team coach.
'I believe the two will provide an excellent team to continue the club's willingness to try new ideas and constantly drive for success in an increasingly competitive game.'

Devils,what is your view on it ???

jw5

Loyal
bluecat
Phelan was an above average player for Norwich and Man Utd and won 1 cap for England. He was never a great player but rather a steady one. Not sure if he has the tactical acumen, international exposure and charisma to do the job well, we will have to wait and see.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
losing quieroz is a big blow to man u , already can see that they not playing as well. similar to last season when pako left liverpool, took a while for em to regain momentum

jw5

Loyal
man u will likely 2 draw against liverpool.....both team will try 2 play cautionsly.....which mean defensively......:biggrin:
Don't forget that both Gerard and Torres may be unavailable due to injury.
This will swing it in favour of Man Utd, in my opinion.