• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Highbury? It's gone, it's history. Arsenal is now a French club pretending to be an English club playing home games at an Arabian stadium The Emirates.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
Highbury? It's gone, it's history. Arsenal is now a French club pretending to be an English club playing home games at an Arabian stadium The Emirates.

Just beats me how those dickheads on the terraces can still pay up and turn up loyally to support such a team which has already lost all its identity.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...those dickheads on the terraces can still pay up and turn up loyally to support such a team which has already lost all its identity.
Ouch. Isn't major clubs afflicted with foreign legion (not necessarily frogs variety), of varying degree? Imho, gooner fan stick to gunners beyond player mix or even oil moneyed stadium -doesn't tradition mean anything?:biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps...but just on pure football technicals and ability to carry a team (to me becks does not fall in this cat)...do you think fergie would have done the same to say keane or cantona?

btw i think fergie is now THE all time greatest manager in english football history...his record truly speaks for itself
He made that point quite clear when Beckham was sold at the peak of his career

Alex Ferguson already has a place in the epl manager hall of fame

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps...but just on pure football technicals and ability to carry a team (to me becks does not fall in this cat)...do you think fergie would have done the same to say keane or cantona?

Absolutely. Back then, Beckham's game at Man U was dropping compared to his England form. The dangerous part was his popularity which was growing bigger than the club. Only at Real Madrid, and later LA Galaxy, did the world see the true depth of Beckham's footballing talent (ie, not much).

Correct decisions are not popular, but Ferguson made one that probably saved the club and his own position as manager.

btw i think fergie is now THE all time greatest manager in english football history...his record truly speaks for itself

I dunno... I've also read alot of good stuff about Brian Clough and Man U's other great Man U manager - Bugsby(?). Plus, it's inevitable.... There are plenty of idiot managers like Graeme Souness, Roy Keane around in the EPL to make others look great.

Sir Alex's very impressive legacy in English football is not done yet so I'm not judging him so soon. Maybe the lure of Russian oil money will make him the manager of a certain London team next season.... WAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAA

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

The problem among players started @ Highbury and doesn't look like ending @ the Emirates.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just beats me how those dickheads on the terraces can still pay up and turn up loyally to support such a team which has already lost all its identity.

The French trail will end once the club decides on a new manager or make structural changes that would check acquisition decisions. There are pros and cons with their current practice. In the long run, the club will benefit by keeping a lid on cost. Short to medium term, they'd probably lose their top players to Euro paying clubs.

The negative outlook on the British pound will have far reaching implications on how clubs are run in the future. The EPL is likely to be less appealing to top players unless they are compensated in Euro. Things will have to change at some clubs particularly with the likes of Chelsea and Pool.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ouch. Isn't major clubs afflicted with foreign legion (not necessarily frogs variety), of varying degree? Imho, gooner fan stick to gunners beyond player mix or even oil moneyed stadium -doesn't tradition mean anything?:biggrin:

tradition definitely means something - in fact i think it's everything. by playing teams with not a single brit or at best with a token englishman, the heart and soul of the club is gone, no? it doesn't matter whether they're froggy french or spaniards as penguin was trying to collect, you need local players who understand what the club stands for.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tradition definitely means something - in fact i think it's everything. by playing teams with not a single brit or at best with a token englishman, the heart and soul of the club is gone, no? it doesn't matter whether they're froggy french or spaniards as penguin was trying to collect, you need local players who understand what the club stands for.
Take your point on 2 truffle and penguin clubs going extreme.:p Unsure if Uefa's (or Fifa's) proposed minimum home grown players will take root

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take your point on 2 truffle and penguin clubs going extreme.:p Unsure if Uefa's (or Fifa's) proposed minimum home grown players will take root

I doubt so. Though for the good of the game I'd like to see the 5+6 rule or something similar coming through.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd will be going into this final with a slight advantage and favourite as compare to Barcelona. Cos the back four of Barcelona is a makeshift due to injuries or suspension.
So hope Man Utd can explore it,be more adventurous and turn this match into a classic with some good goals.
The past few finals were quite boring,low scoring and the last went to penalty-kicks to settle it.

All The Very Best To Man Utd's fans here.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd will be going into this final with a slight advantage and favourite as compare to Barcelona. Cos the back four of Barcelona is a makeshift due to injuries or suspension.

Man U favorite? Bet 888 put Barca ahead. Man U to win.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
some interesting facts about Man Utd winning the Champion League.
1968,1999,2008,2009 ???
all year end with either 8 or 9,so is this an omen/sign that this year is going to be Man Utd's year liao.
due to the suspension/injuries of Barcelona's regular defenders,i think if Man Utd attack from the start,should have no problem scoring a few goals and winning the CL for the first time and become the first team to retain the trophy,since the present format comes into play.

Good Luck To All Man Utd's fans here.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
s5l56c.jpg

1tphjp.jpg

final-1.jpg

a nice graphic of both Man Utd and Barcelona by one of Red Devils and fellow tiko - dc7176.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
united away colours?...is that good luck?...anyways as a neutral good luck to both sides, hope we get a cracker of a game with lots of goals from both sides and few if any bad calls from the ref...altogether now "The Champions":smile:
s5l56c.jpg

1tphjp.jpg

final-1.jpg

a nice graphic of both Man Utd and Barcelona by one of Red Devils and fellow tiko - dc7176.

Last edited:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd was good in the first 10 minutes with a few chances but did not take it.
Samuel E'Oto scored and Barcelona leading 1-0.
Second half,all four known strikers - Rooney,Ronaldo,Tevez and Berbatov on,but Barcelona just score again thru Messi.
Ronaldo is trying too hard,he should relax a bit and play his usual game.