• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United has all but won the EPL...at least one more win and one more draw can't be so difficult for them...unimaginable if they fail. The big match next is the ECL final versus Barcelona.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manchester United offered red card appeal deal by Barcelona's Pep Guardiola
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has said he supports Manchester United’s appeal to have Darren Fletcher’s red card rescinded so he can feature in the Champions League final - so long as Eric Abidal can too.

By Emily Benammar
Last Updated: 11:22AM BST 10 May 2009

With United set to learn Fletcher’s fate at the start of the week, Guardiola is eager to hatch a gentleman’s agreement that will allow both Fletcher and Abidal - also dismissed during the semi-final stage - to feature in the May 27 showdown in Rome.

“I will not be disappointed at all if the card is rescinded,” he is quoted as saying in the News of the World. “Fletcher got a touch on the ball. Eric Abidal’s challenge was also not a foul so they should both be able to play in the final.”

Manchester United's Darren Fletcher staying grounded as Uefa decision on red card loomsGuardiola also said Barcelona intended to appeal Daniel Alves’ yellow card which deemed him ineligible to play in the Eternal City.

“Of course we will appeal the cards of Abidal and Alves, out of respect for the players,” Guardiola added.

“I want them all to play, Fletcher, Abidal and Alves. Let’s see if we can come to some sort of agreement with Manchester United.”

Sir Alex Ferguson has said hopes of Uefa sanctioning a deal are slim-to-none, despite the high level of public sympathy for the trio.

“I’m not optimistic at all, but we have to do it for Darren,” the Scot said.

Meanwhile, Tom Henning Ovrebo, who refereed Barcelona’s match against Chelsea, has been instructed by the governing body to avoid making any public comment about the match.

The Norwegian has been subjected to widespread criticism for missing penalty appeals as well as his booking decisions, and this weekend told the Times: “Until further notice, Uefa has asked me not to say anything to the media.”

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
TEVEZ WANTS LIVERPOOL MOVE - REPORTS
Posted 12/05/09 08:00EmailPrintSave

Carlos Tevez wants to join Liverpool, according to The Sun.

The newspaper claims that 'Liverpool have contacted Tevez's owner Kia Joorab- chian to register their interest and the Argentine is keen on the move.'

Tevez announced at the weekend that he expects to leave Manchester United at the end of the season while Rafa Benitez confirmed earlier this month that one of his summer priorities will be the acquisition of a forward to provide support for Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard after his mid-season loss of faith in Robbie Keane.

Although Pool have been repeatedly linked with David Villa, Tevez would represent an attractive and viable Premiership-adapted alternative. As the Argentine is only on loan at Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson would be powerless to prevent him leaving Old Trafford for Anfield.

'The transfer will enable Tevez, 25, to continue living in Cheshire where his family are settled. He is not concerned by any animosity the move might cause as he has already stated his desire to stay and feels United do not want him,' reports The Sun.

According to The Times, meanwhile, Real Madrid 'remain the favourites to sign him, but the player made clear in an interview published in a Sunday newspaper that he is more than open to the idea of staying in England with one of United's domestic rivals.'

Were Tevez to decide to stay in England's north-west in order to save his family from the upheaval of moving then Liverpool are bound to possess the biggest lure. Although Manchester City are believed to be interested in acquiring his services, they cannot offer the forward Champions League football next season.

'Benítez is confident that Tévez could be tempted to Anfield by the presence of Javier Mascherano, the Argentina captain, who is also a client of Joorabchian and with whom he played at Corinthians and West Ham United,' adds The Times.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd must keep Tevez. He is one hell of player who run all over the penalty box. He never say die. He is much better than Berbatov as a player. With Ronaldo's head bigger than Man U. He should be sold to Real for a massive profit. With the money they can buy
fresh faces for the next season.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd must keep Tevez. He is one hell of player who run all over the penalty box. He never say die. He is much better than Berbatov as a player. With Ronaldo's head bigger than Man U. He should be sold to Real for a massive profit. With the money they can buy
fresh faces for the next season.

He's asking for wages close to Ron's. I think Man U offered much lower which was the reason why the player claimed he's not wanted at the club. I hope he leaves.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tevez's full of spunk (play wise), but isn't the problem on his staying or not lies squarely with him: Sold his rights to non-club (firm or individual) and looking at no less gbp22-30mil price tag? Unprecedented, cause of misery with his old club too with legal wrangle by FA? Worst than conventional footy slavery with ill gotten gains to commercial entity/individual(s)?

On perennial Ron rumour to RM, here's latest fuel added to fire:p
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm
He's asking for wages close to Ron's. I think Man U offered much lower which was the reason why the player claimed he's not wanted at the club. I hope he leaves.
0939 said:
keep Tevez. He is one hell of player who run all over the penalty box. He never say die. ...With Ronaldo's head bigger than Man U. He should be sold to Real for a massive profit.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Defensive frailties for wigan (penultimate match win to secure title???:p), check out match preview

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8038255.stm

Come on United. Winning tonight against Wigan will win us the league Title
If we win this game, I reckon the RECORD EQUALLING 18TH league Title is as good as ours.

Wigan 0 Man Utd 3.

What penultimate game. Win tonight and Sir Alex can afford to forfeit the last 2 games,
Becos Loserfools will surely cock up and throw away pts in their 2 games.:eek:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
A message to all Loserfool supporters!!
The title race this season was an illusion created by Manchester United's participation,
and indeed, triumph in the World Club Championship.
:biggrin:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the fees and wages aside, I'd rather have Tevez than that immature imbecile Ronaldo in my team. No doubt the latter has scored some spectacular and at times crucial goals through the years, but footy is a team sport where egos too big are doomed to fail. One just has to look at how Fergie offloaded these prima donnas and wankers over the years but has retained a winning grip on the title. One superstar (or so he thinks of himself) gone does not render a team of 11 (or squad of 25) useless overnight. I like what I see of Tevez, on the other hand. Diligent, tenacious, and willing to work for the team. He should be kept even if it means selling Ronnie.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the fees and wages aside, I'd rather have Tevez than that immature imbecile Ronaldo in my team. No doubt the latter has scored some spectacular and at times crucial goals through the years, but footy is a team sport where egos too big are doomed to fail. One just has to look at how Fergie offloaded these prima donnas and wankers over the years but has retained a winning grip on the title. One superstar (or so he thinks of himself) gone does not render a team of 11 (or squad of 25) useless overnight. I like what I see of Tevez, on the other hand. Diligent, tenacious, and willing to work for the team. He should be kept even if it means selling Ronnie.

Reminds me of RVN. He was full of running first season. Then it was all gone. Yes, Tevez may have scored at the JJB last nite but it was against a very weak Wigan.

I do hope they offload Ron this summer but not to REAL. Hopefully we can swap him for Messi.:smile:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of RVN. He was full of running first season. Then it was all gone. Yes, Tevez may have scored at the JJB last nite but it was against a very weak Wigan.

I do hope they offload Ron this summer but not to REAL. Hopefully we can swap him for Messi.:smile:

he can go to Real for all I care. Real are fast becoming a joke, and with Ronnie they'll become a bigger one. Barca know better than to swap Messi for a ineffective, inconsistent, haughty arsehole.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i shall take this opportunity to congratulate all ManU fans today even prior to the gooners game...the EPL title was probably sewn up after the red devils came through the minor blimp in Mar...as they say at the end of the day the table never lies and ManU have proven to be the best team with great strength in depth and a shrewd fox of a manager...

till August:smile:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally i do not think the Gunners will be a match for MU.
they will be crown - Champion for the 18 times and 2nd three-in-row titles,that is a great achievement.

congratulation to all Red Devils here.