• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tend to agree with Maureen on this one...Chelsea appear to be physically very strong and also now strong in stamina as well...Oh and in Guus, Chelsea have a clever tactician...However between Chelsea and Barca, I think it is more likely that Barca would beat Man U because Barca's attack is simply awesome...but Barca's chink is its defence which appears especially vulnerable to floating high balls...all said and done, as a neutral I would love to see a Barca V Man U final in Rome which would probably display the best forms of attack club football on the planet at the moment
“Chelsea are my former club, it’s hard for me to talk about this,” mused Mourinho when pressed on this issue.

They are physically the strongest side in the world, feel very comfortable when sitting back and did nothing to score in Barcelona, but looked like they could be there for hours and not concede.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
read on soccernet that there's no avenue of appeal to overturn the red card to fletcher. the ref will have to overturn it if he realises his mistake. poor boy, to me he's been utd's most consistent performer besides rooney and vidic this season and he's not gonna have a say in the most important game of it as a result of an overzealous ref who was too anxious to flash the red.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that old ferge
still unbeatable

everyone else (non manU) will be happy for their team, if he retired.

i guess it is manU vs Barce.

jw5

Loyal
read on soccernet that there's no avenue of appeal to overturn the red card to fletcher. the ref will have to overturn it if he realises his mistake. poor boy, to me he's been utd's most consistent performer besides rooney and vidic this season and he's not gonna have a say in the most important game of it as a result of an overzealous ref who was too anxious to flash the red.
Agree that Fletcher has played very well and consistently and deserves to play in the final.
But I thought it was a penalty and a red card.
From what I saw on the replay, Fletcher made contact with Fabregas, and as both of them were stumbling, he made contact with the ball.
Just my opinion.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the 'fringe' players did well this season including Evans,Macheda,Welbeck and even Fabio on his premier league debut. Pity Fletcher.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that Fletcher has played very well and consistently and deserves to play in the final.
But I thought it was a penalty and a red card.
From what I saw on the replay, Fletcher made contact with Fabregas, and as both of them were stumbling, he made contact with the ball.
Just my opinion.

on first instinct I thought it was a penalty, yet after seeing the replays (both immediately and on youtube later), I'm convinced it was a very well-timed tackle that got the ball before the player. Fabregas only went to ground after the outstretched leg of Fletcher entangled him after making contact with the ball.

anyway, it's ridiculous don't you all think, that UEFA should have no appeals process unless it's a case of mistaken identity? how can such a rule ever exist? by that they're in effect saying their refs don't make mistakes and so should never be questioned. what a load of bollocks. as a result of two rubbish decisions, fletcher and abidal won't be playing in the final.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wish Chelsea in the CL final. But not to be. So come Barca. Man U will crush them. Ferguson knows too well in the game of football. So is all about the coaches. Look at Hindink, Feruson will learn a thing from him. Messi and Eto will be shut off just in Chelsea game. God had given Messi one chance tha lead to the goal. United attack will be a force reckon with. Barca defence will be shattered. It will be Ronaldo vs Messi.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyway, it's ridiculous don't you all think, that UEFA should have no appeals process unless it's a case of mistaken identity? how can such a rule ever exist? by that they're in effect saying their refs don't make mistakes and so should never be questioned. what a load of bollocks. as a result of two rubbish decisions, fletcher and abidal won't be playing in the final.

Perhaps Scholes can do an encore.I'd love it if he can smack one from 35m.

jw5

Loyal
on first instinct I thought it was a penalty, yet after seeing the replays (both immediately and on youtube later), I'm convinced it was a very well-timed tackle that got the ball before the player. Fabregas only went to ground after the outstretched leg of Fletcher entangled him after making contact with the ball.

Agree that there should be an appeals system.
And Fletcher, Abidal and Alves should all get to play in the final.
None of their suspensions was for violent conduct or terrible fouls.

jw5

Loyal
I always wish Chelsea in the CL final. But not to be. So come Barca. Man U will crush them. Ferguson knows too well in the game of football. So is all about the coaches. Look at Hindink, Feruson will learn a thing from him. Messi and Eto will be shut off just in Chelsea game. God had given Messi one chance tha lead to the goal. United attack will be a force reckon with. Barca defence will be shattered. It will be Ronaldo vs Messi.
So you are back to supporting Man Utd now, despite your unhappiness over the fa cup incident? :smile:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
scholesy did roll back the years abit tonight when he made a darting run from deep as he used too in his prime. alas the younger defender was too quick for him. haha

and ronaldo's conduct coming off was disgraceful. i've never been a fan of this petulant joker. it's obvious messi is leaps and bounds ahead of him.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
and ronaldo's conduct coming off was disgraceful. i've never been a fan of this petulant joker. it's obvious messi is leaps and bounds ahead of him.

He probably thinks he's bigger than club. A large dose of humility and a good spanking will do him good.
If he thinks REAL is the deal, just look at Huntelaar. He's sitting on the bench to rot.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think he will start the game.
I think Fergie will play Giggs in Fletcher's place, as he is more full of running.

I bet Fergie will play Scholes with Carrick and Anderson. He'll send Giggs only when

1. the sting is taken out of Barca's front men.
2. the team needs a creative spark upfront and
3. when he desperately needs to chase the game.

Alfrescian
Loyal
He probably thinks he's bigger than club. A large dose of humility and a good spanking will do him good.
If he thinks REAL is the deal, just look at Huntelaar. He's sitting on the bench to rot.

If I will the manager, I will definitely choose Ronaldo over Messi. Ronaldo is an all rounder. He can shoot, he can pass and he can do heading, where else Messi is only good when he get space. If he is being man marked, then he will be cut off the supply for the attack. You need 2 men to mark Ronaldo.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think Fergie made a mistake last summer by not selling him when his valuation was just sky high. Utd excel as a team and have always done so. there's been no history of one superstar above the team as a whole. Impressionable youngsters and fairweather Utd fans go on and on about him, yet I'm more a fan of the unsung heroes like Carrick, Fletcher and the defence.