• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian rather live in Singapore as PR than citizen in Malaysia

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So have they changed their passport? Don't be fool by them. They will ultimately return when they are about to retire to their home country. Their parents are there, so are their relatives, their friends....As in the case of my lady friend from Ipoh who married a Singaporean. They have a house in Ipoh ready for their retirement. The women is soooo...keen on going back.

I know my side of the story is true because I have been renting rooms to these people for the past decade. First hand story from interactions with these FTs. People come people go. Most are here to earn their keeps and move back the minute their kids reach schooling age, because by then most of them would have finished paying for the housing loan and car loan in Malaysia. Especially JB. They move back so that they can enjoy a better quality of life. Houses, car, free educations, free medical, cheap petrol, space, ....et cetera.....They have the best in both world. And at our expense...

No point arguing. Your group of friends are different from mine!!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will tell u, most of them will go back.

when i was still in the police force, got one SI (SI is same as warrant officer in army) pensioned. u know what? although children still studying here. he sold his flat and take every cent to stay in penang.

imagine working as a police officer in singapore for maybe 25 to 30 yrs and with singaporeans colleagues and friends. so what he is holding a red ic? 他是身在新营,心在马!

its hard to make someone to leave a place where he grown up. u can never rely on all these foreigners who born overseas!!! :oIo:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most are here to earn their keeps and move back the minute their kids reach schooling age, because by then most of them would have finished paying for the housing loan and car loan in Malaysia. Especially JB. They move back so that they can enjoy a better quality of life. Houses, car, free educations, free medical, cheap petrol, space, ....et cetera.....They have the best in both world. And at our expense...

For Malaysians, I think those who studied in Singapore since young tend to stay on, while those who come to Spore to work after schooling completed usually have the thinking of just work a number of years before returning to Malaysia.

Met one Malaysian couple who worked in Spore for eight years, before selling off their HDB at large profit and moved back to KL just in time before the kid started Primary 1 - they prefer to send their child to international school in Malaysia rather than study in Singapore school.

Another group of Malaysians that tend to stay on is those who married Singaporean spouses, especially if husband is Singaporean. If the couple is both PR, I think the likelihood of them staying on is zero, sooner or later they'll return home to Malaysia.

I used to think Malaysians no different from Singaporeans. But now that there are so many Malaysians who come in to work in the last 10 years or so, I noticed there is alot of difference in the thinking and behaviour of these Malaysians who did not grow up in Singapore.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3-4 years ago , if you ask the Msians, YES, SG will be their future here...

Now, hmm... earn as much as you can and balik kampong... :rolleyes:

Thanks to PAP for importing bunch of Ah Tiongs, Ah Nehs, Banglas, Pinoys, Myanmis, ... Yes, more will come, ... :oIo:

If PAP win in the next GE , .. sinkies can eat grass liao... :eek:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will tell u, most of them will go back.

when i was still in the police force, got one SI (SI is same as warrant officer in army) pensioned. u know what? although children still studying here. he sold his flat and take every cent to stay in penang.

imagine working as a police officer in singapore for maybe 25 to 30 yrs and with singaporeans colleagues and friends. so what he is holding a red ic? 他是身在新营,心在马!

its hard to make someone to leave a place where he grown up. u can never rely on all these foreigners who born overseas!!! :oIo:

His medical benefits?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Malaysians, I think those who studied in Singapore since young tend to stay on, while those who come to Spore to work after schooling completed usually have the thinking of just work a number of years before returning to Malaysia.

Met one Malaysian couple who worked in Spore for eight years, before selling off their HDB at large profit and moved back to KL just in time before the kid started Primary 1 - they prefer to send their child to international school in Malaysia rather than study in Singapore school.

Another group of Malaysians that tend to stay on is those who married Singaporean spouses, especially if husband is Singaporean. If the couple is both PR, I think the likelihood of them staying on is zero, sooner or later they'll return home to Malaysia.

I used to think Malaysians no different from Singaporeans. But now that there are so many Malaysians who come in to work in the last 10 years or so, I noticed there is alot of difference in the thinking and behaviour of these Malaysians who did not grow up in Singapore.

True manz...as in the case of my Ipoh lady friend who married a Singaporean army officer. She plan to make her husband sell their executive flat when he retires and move back to Ipoh. She even made her hubby buy a house in Ipoh using her mum's name and paid for the loans using her hubby's salary while her brother stays in it. Keeping it from her mother in law as well. She planned to ask her children to live on their own when they finished their studies. Her logic is, its just a few hours drive away.:rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... She plan to make her husband sell their executive flat when he retires and move back to Ipoh. She even made her hubby buy a house in Ipoh using her mum's name and paid for the loans using her hubby's salary while her brother stays in it. Keeping it from her mother in law as well. She planned to ask her children to live on their own when they finished their studies ...
wat a woman! ... :eek:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
wat a woman! ... :eek:

Its only a tip of an iceberg. There are many examples that I can quote you. I have friends from different countries. Most of the time, this people who married Singaporean husband will pester husband to buy a house and a car ready for their return to their homeland. Some even before they get married here.

The government's policy of not able to own HDB if you have foreign property is a good one. In my own personal point of view. At least slows down these foreign brides from taking everything from our men. Not until they do their "NS' by having children. I guess normally within 5 years of marriage?:biggrin:

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, Malaysian PRs are outdated liao lah.
Now the new kids on the block is gonna be Phinoy PRs, India PRs and PRC PRs.
Malaysian PRs is now officially relegated to 2nd class PRs.:biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, Malaysian PRs are outdated liao lah.
Now the new kids on the block is gonna be Phinoy PRs, India PRs and PRC PRs.
Malaysian PRs is now officially relegated to 2nd class PRs.:biggrin:

Yeah. And so I have notice. Having trouble getting Malaysian PR tenent end last year. Those Malaysians that came to see the room talked so loud. Same with those from China. Wanted everything but wants to pay minimum rent. I ended up with a phinoy couple. More humble and more willing to pay.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah. And so I have notice. Having trouble getting Malaysian PR tenent end last year. Those Malaysians that came to see the room talked so loud. Wanted everything but wants to pay minimum rent. I ended up with a phinoy couple. More humble and more willing to pay.

A lot of Malaysian PRs have moved on to other countries or returned home to retire.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me be very honest with you.

If i have a few million dollars, i will stay on in SG. Otherwise i will balik kampong tanam jagong.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah. And so I have notice. Having trouble getting Malaysian PR tenent end last year. Those Malaysians that came to see the room talked so loud. Same with those from China. Wanted everything but wants to pay minimum rent. I ended up with a phinoy couple. More humble and more willing to pay.

becareful the pinoy, they can take you as hostage. :eek:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True manz...as in the case of my Ipoh lady friend who married a Singaporean army officer. She plan to make her husband sell their executive flat when he retires and move back to Ipoh. She even made her hubby buy a house in Ipoh using her mum's name and paid for the loans using her hubby's salary while her brother stays in it. Keeping it from her mother in law as well. She planned to ask her children to live on their own when they finished their studies. Her logic is, its just a few hours drive away.:rolleyes:

this is a typical case when sg man married malaysia woman!!! those friends of mine who married malaysian, all do the same. sg man too easy going! chinese new year also go to malaysia, never stay in sg to keep own parents company! KNNCCB to any of u if u r one of them! CNY dun keep parents company, but go malaysia to keep your mudland wife parents company. some sg guy married mudland wife will always mix with mudland people and stay away from local friends. what happened to sg man? no back bone liao??? :oIo:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me be very honest with you.

If i have a few million dollars, i will stay on in SG. Otherwise i will balik kampong tanam jagong.

True lor. Cheaper mah...Thats the main reasons for their return lah...here to make money, balik kampong to enjoy.....:o