• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lockdown sinkapore to save the island, what say u?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
massive outbreak in Johor now

Johor can't wait to reopen causeway to export their infected to Singapore. If Singapore is at the receiving end, can't say no to the causeway reopening, why not announce lockdown in advance to checkmate Johor?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just look at Italy this week. The medical staff are not only exhausted but simply depressed.

Do Singapore really want to wait for the peak to respond accordingly?
Such complacency

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like u said we already have a few hundred thousand Malaysians. And a million from China,if there's covid it would already be here......unless u think 1.5 million people from Malaysia and China are not going to sneeze or cough on mrt.

Money and GDP is more important than anything.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just look at Italy this week. The medical staff are not only exhausted but simply exhausted.

Do Singapore really want to wait for the peak to respond accordingly?
Such complacency

It's less complacency and more a deliberate and systematic disregard for Sinkies' lives. There is hubris, but complacency alone doesn't cover the malice.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like u said we already have a few hundred thousand Malaysians. And a million from China,if there's covid it would already be here......unless u think 1.5 million people from Malaysia and China are not going to sneeze or cough on mrt.

Money and GDP is more important than anything.

I'm sure as the world's economy goes to hell, so long as Sinkieland keeps its borders open then the GDP on the snot-sized island will magically buck the trend. :rolleyes:

Be careful of trying to grab too many candies from the jar... you might not be able to pull your hand out.

Perhaps some of the bureaucrats are thinking 'Never let a crisis go to waste' etc. Well, good luck with that! :cool:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The thing is u guys think the epidemic can be controlled.....I don't think u can control who gets the outbreak or not.....maybe in the early days when there was less than 100 cases and u locked down the entire country completely.....

There's more than 300 cases in sg now,at this point it's like a fire that can't be put out,it will slowly accelerate and grow exponentially.

40 cases a day now....in three weeks time it will be in the thousands.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN where are all the oppies voice KNN also why sinkies allow pap to put their life at danger without any protest ? KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
When hospital capacity reached 3/4.... lockdown-a-coming...
I dont think Singapore will ever lockdown.

If it does it is because people themselves dont go out.

Remember SARS? People stayed at home. Ministers were encouraging and pleading with people to go out to eat at restaurants. Help the economy.

So the same will happen. If it becomes out of hand sinkies themselves will stay at home. Everything will still be open. Government will tell everyone to continue as per normal.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...e-inside-italys-hardest-hit-hospital-11960597

I do not hear any voices in Italy asking for everything to re open to save the economy. In fact they are tightening the lock down.

When you reach a certain tipping point the people themselves will get scared.

I kid you not. This is a SARS level crisis. Yes people will argue oh but the mortality rate is much lower. Sure.

However the number of cases you get is way way way more than SARS. In other words even though the mortality rate is much lower the actual number of severely ill and people dying will be far greater than SARS. Also the collateral deaths from having the system overwhelmed will be massive too.

Unless Italy and the entire Europe is an anomaly I fully expect Singapore's plan fo fail and for Singapore to become the next disaster.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Lock up the white scums to save Singapore.

When the PAP comes up with laws to control your lives everyone complains about the nanny state.

When the PAP does not want to impose a lockdown you now call them scums for not imposing regulations.

Nobody is stopping anyone from locking themselves down. Those who are scared shitless can buy all your toilet paper and then lock your door and not come out until it is safe.

In the meantime those who want to get on with their lives are free to do so.

I think the PAP is the best of the best. They have adopted a most rational approach to what is a mild infection in most.

So lock yourself down if you want to. Nobody is stopping you.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
P
When the PAP comes up with laws to control your lives everyone complains about the nanny state.

When the PAP does not want to impose a lockdown you now call them scums for not imposing regulations.

Nobody is stopping anyone from locking themselves down. Those who are scared shitless can buy all your toilet paper and then lock your door and not come out until it is safe.

In the meantime those who want to get on with their lives are free to do so.

I think the PAP is the best of the best. They have adopted a most rational approach to what is a mild infection in most.

So lock yourself down if you want to. Nobody is stopping you.

It will happen if the Singapore contact tracing measures are overwhelmed .

During SARS people stayed home and the government begged people to go out and patronize restaurants.

Time will tell if Singapore measures work.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm sure as the world's economy goes to hell, so long as Sinkieland keeps its borders open then the GDP on the snot-sized island will magically buck the trend. :rolleyes:

Be careful of trying to grab too many candies from the jar... you might not be able to pull your hand out.

Perhaps some of the bureaucrats are thinking 'Never let a crisis go to waste' etc. Well, good luck with that! :cool:

If the world goes to hell,we will go with it!!!!otherwise it's business as usual,hell or not.