• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY blamed floods in SG on God

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
When one grows too big and for too long, it gets arrogant and full of self-pride. Nothing can be attributed to its fault, or they are trying to cover up for some very wrong judgements.

Instead of some humble message to at least review what has gone wrong, if any, and will strive to rectify it, MM is just shafting it down the voters' throat and defend the MIW even wiithout the real reason for the cause of recent floods.

Time for a change in government, full audit of whatever there is, and a change back to focus on the citizens.

Japan, Taiwan, and mant other countries, etc., has shown that it can be done and is the right to do.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps they should let some "Lesser Mortals" have a go .....

Let's hope the electorate has learned a hard lesson, not to put all their eggs into the PAP's basket :mad:

If they don't vote more opposition(lesser mortals) in after all the screw ups, I'll give up on Spores chances of ever improving.

Wait till he meets God in person to exprain why he pushed all the blames, which is his responsibility and screwups, to HIM.

Isn't he going to the other side, the underworld :biggrin:

If that don't do the trick, maybe 20 or so years as a permanent resident on Sentosa will.

Sentosa has been developed into an island for the rich. I don't think they'll ever use it as Spores 'devils island' again. Maybe Tekong:confused:

Kuan Yew has spoken, let us all blame God!

PAPs excuse, I mean mantra for the next election :smile:

bakaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM Lee says no amount of engineering can prevent flooding

Given Time and Money. Nothing is impossible.
Just like the 'Great Wall' and the '3 Gorges Dam', it took a lot of money and a long time to complete.

If money is no objective (Money loss in investment may have suffice) and it cannot be completed within his life time, then someone in the ruling Govenrnent should continue to fulfil this accomplishment.

Last edited:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
everyting not their fault.

everyting others fault.

pap is perfect.:rolleyes:

6xyhch.jpg
NOT MY FAULT !!! IT'S HIM !!! UP THERE !!!​

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now add the latest, taichi word to the ever growing list...."caught off guard", "microburst", "acts of God"....what's next?....

Look at the bright side, after M'sia end the water agreements , God decide to reward us with plenty of free water, enough for everyone plus the new FTs.

jw5

Loyal
When one grows too big and for too long, it gets arrogant and full of self-pride. Nothing can be attributed to its fault, or they are trying to cover up for some very wrong judgements.

Instead of some humble message to at least review what has gone wrong, if any, and will strive to rectify it, MM is just shafting it down the voters' throat and defend the MIW even wiithout the real reason for the cause of recent floods.

Time for a change in government, full audit of whatever there is, and a change back to focus on the citizens.

Japan, Taiwan, and mant other countries, etc., has shown that it can be done and is the right to do.
For a moment there, I thought you said "when one grows too big and too long". :smile:
Then I remembered the topic of discussion and logically concluded that it couldn't be.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a moment there, I thought you said "when one grows too big and too long". :smile:
Then I remembered the topic of discussion and logically concluded that it couldn't be.

I think we all read too much SBF. :p:p:p:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I'm seriously getting corrupted. :eek::eek:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will soon be at God's great Judgment seat. Then he has to answer and account - for why he is blaming Him.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyoh, we have $$$ to build barrage , durian , airport etc, just take 0.05temasek to build some big pipes/pump standby to move flood water out to west or north lah....many vacated factory land and nobody take up .

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tsk tsk. My bad.

After reading just this sentence, I realised it can be preceived as such.

I had failed you.......and led you down the path of mis-interpretation, probably sinned in your thoughts.

I will strive to improve myself and do better next time. :smile:

Psst : If any MIW can be apologetic like me publicly (feel free to copy my statements above. Not copyrighted), Singapore will be a great place for the citizens.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should we sack Yacoob and hire Mat's engineers instead?

http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNews/Story/STIStory_555987.html

Jul 21, 2010
KL's Smart tunnel keeps it flood-free

Traffic decks closed if they are needed to divert rainwater during big storms
By Hazlin Hassan, MALAYSIA CORRESPONDENT

KUALA LUMPUR: For the past three years, Kuala Lumpur has been spared from major floods by a nearly 10km-long giant tunnel on the edge of the city which channels rainwater away quickly.

The RM1.9 billion (S$813 million) dual-purpose tunnel was opened in July 2007.

The Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (Smart) - widely referred to as 'Smart tunnel' by most city folk - is a huge storm drain that can carry traffic on its upper decks on dry days.

'If we did not have the tunnel, we would have seen major floods in Kuala Lumpur,' Ms Roslina Shahadan, senior engineer at the Department of Irrigation and Drainage's Flood Management Section, told The Straits Times.

The 9.7 km-long tunnel not only reduces the incidence of flash floods drastically in downtown Kuala Lumpur, but also helps to ease peak-hour traffic by providing faster access into the city from the south.

The 11.8m-diameter tunnel - seven times the height of a 1.7m man - charges cars a RM2 toll each way, allowing drivers to bypass heavy traffic by going underground.

The tunnel has three horizontal sections. The two upper decks are open to traffic on dry days, and the bottom section serves as a drain to channel water into a river.

In the event of rain, the motorway decks remain open to traffic, but the rainwater is diverted into two large ponds 5km away from the city. The ponds can hold 2 million cu m of water.

But when the rainfall lasts for more than two hours, or when water flowing on the main Klang River in Kuala Lumpur doubles in volume, the motorway is closed.

Big floodgates are then opened to allow water to pass through the two motorway decks.

Ms Roslina said the Smart tunnel has been closed 44 times - and for as long as four hours on some occasions - since it opened three years ago to divert rainwater. This works out to an average of 15 times a year.

The tunnel has saved Kuala Lumpur from about seven big floods, she said.

The last big flood in the capital was recorded on June 10, 2007 - just a month before the tunnel opened, she added.

Lawyer Sankara Nair noted that flood-prone areas have seen an improvement.

The area near the former Kuala Lumpur High Court, for instance, used to flood frequently due to its proximity to the Klang River, he said.

He recalled that he once parked his car in a basement carpark opposite the court that became flooded.

'The tunnel has helped a bit because you do not get floods as severe now,' he said.

Environmentalist Gurmit Singh said there is concern over whether the holding ponds are sufficient.

'The ponds have limited capacity. There have been instances where the water was much higher, and some parts in the city centre still got flooded,' he said.

'Kuala Lumpur needs to maintain its drainage system. People throw a lot of rubbish into the rivers and allow things to silt up,' he said.

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LESS FLOOD-PRONE

'The tunnel has helped a bit because you do not get floods as severe now.'

Lawyer Sankara Nair, who once parked his vehicle in a basement carpark opposite the former KL High Court that became flooded

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyoh, we have $$$ to build barrage , durian , airport etc, just take 0.05temasek to build some big pipes/pump standby to move flood water out to west or north lah....many vacated factory land and nobody take up .

Can add vacancies in the malls to your list. :eek:

Went to Funan & saw alot of shops have closed their doors for good. Alot of shop space will also be vacant at Plaza Singapura when Carrefour & Best Denki close their doors. Last time I was at Shaw centre at Scotts Rd it was like a ghost town.

I'm sure many business cannot tahan the rental increases. Only the minitoots can keep on increasing their pay, but shops have to operate in the real world,

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should we sack Yacoob and hire Mat's engineers instead?.......

Doubt it would do any good. What happened in Spore is the failure of the PAP system & not just one individual.

You might have heard the saying "one bad apple spoils the bunch". In the case of the PAP you have at least 2 top bad apples :rolleyes: