• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
$2.5K monthly for a 5 room flat plus $500 yearly aircon maintenance contract. Commission 1 month for 1 year contract. Tenant from India working in a bank. Rather high post. Travels to KL 2 days a week.

S$2.5K for a 5 room HDB flat seems on the low side. Just renewed rental with our tenant for our 3-room HDB flat in Tampines for S$2,200 for 2 years. Some 3-room flats asking for S$2.5K in Q'town and Tanglin Halt. 5-room going for S$3K and above, depending on location.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$2.5K for a 5 room HDB flat seems on the low side. Just renewed rental with our tenant for our 3-room HDB flat in Tampines for S$2,200 for 2 years. Some 3-room flats asking for S$2.5K in Q'town and Tanglin Halt. 5-room going for S$3K and above, depending on location.

wah.... you all joking right? rental so expensive now??????

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hello

Can I check if it is SOP to give tips after a massage? What is the standard rate?
Thanks !

No tips normally, at most 5-10 RM unless you are really happy.

I did once give a nice tip to a lady who did my hair.
It wasn't a normal hair cut plus wash. First class service as she massaged my scalp, neck, shoulders and back. I walked out feeling very relaxed and she was surprised at the amount i gave. The next time i walked in, i was treated like a king. :smile:

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid 1 month while my tenant paid another half month to my agent.

No choice, the agent pester and pester me to sign the contract, then pester and pester and pester me constantly to pay up, even resort to vulgar words. Then didn't even advise on the permit part. I had to run all the permit applications myself. Very bad service. As I find that the tenant is also a good decent one, I just let it go. No point dragging on...Hopefully all is well ends well. Must concentrate on my current house now. Dont have time to keep dealing with him.

I know that local agent keep track of tenant's contract endings and come back to make a 2nd round, 3rd of contract and earn commission again and again. So I told the tenant that if he wants to renew the contract, don't go to the agent, come to me directly.

There will be no more business for this particular agent in the future.

This is dual representation, complain to CEA http://www.cea.gov.sg and he will be out of business.

Last edited:

Inception

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Almost Robbed in JB

I cannot find anyone or any site that gives the final word on how best to react in a situation like this one: fight and risk serious injury, or give in and take the risk of gratuitous violence anyway. And you were constrained by consideration for your wife's safety. It is also probable that every situation is different, so a definitive answer may not be possible.

Sascha Soliano Served 12 years in the Singapore Armed Forces, 10 of which was with HQ Commando Special Operations Force, now currently known as SOTF. He served in SOF where he specialized in Maritime Seal Type Operations.

During his tour in Special Forces, Sascha was sent for different courses to facilitate the requirements of his job scope, One of the many skillsets he picked up along the way was Krav Maga, he was the first batch of operators to be trained directly under Eyal Yanilov and his team from Israel and excelled very quickly in it due to his passion for Martial Arts, ultimately bagging the best trainee award (Military) for his performance and in depth understanding of Krav Maga.

Sascha is currently the Chief Instructor & Director of Krav Maga Singapore under Krav Maga Global & has been teaching Krav Maga for the past 5 years coming since he left the service in March of 2006.

He currently still trains the Singapore Special Forces and specialized Law Enforcement Departments in the Methods of Krav Maga under Krav Maga Global, the Advancing Source for all Krav Maga.

Sascha says he asks his students what they would do if a mugger asked for their wallet. Some of them insist they would “take him down”, he says. But why put yourself in danger when the only thing he wants is your wallet, he questions. When I suggested that krav maga would be useful in situations such as walking down an empty street at night, he shot back: “Why are you walking alone at night?”

https://www.facebook.com/notes/krav-maga-singapore/mind-your-body-straits-times/423358327046

http://www.kravmaga.com.sg/

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/07jnqD8wvyE?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/07jnqD8wvyE?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental in Jurong is just much... 4rm for abt $2600+... guess market is up ... hence why the govt is making the agents licenced....

It's TGIF!!

Yeah, that's why I was surprised that 5-rm rented out for S$2.5K only. Real bargain! Duxton 5-rm already asking S$3.8K, but of course that's in the heart of Tanjong Pagar. Can walk to office for the tenant.

I think it's good for forumers who are living in JB and have HDB flat to rent out. Can fetch good rent to service the loan for the JB house, and HDB flat if still o/s loan.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid 1 month while my tenant paid another half month to my agent.

No choice, the agent pester and pester me to sign the contract, then pester and pester and pester me constantly to pay up, even resort to vulgar words. Then didn't even advise on the permit part. I had to run all the permit applications myself. Very bad service. As I find that the tenant is also a good decent one, I just let it go. No point dragging on...Hopefully all is well ends well. Must concentrate on my current house now. Dont have time to keep dealing with him.

I know that local agent keep track of tenant's contract endings and come back to make a 2nd round, 3rd of contract and earn commission again and again. So I told the tenant that if he wants to renew the contract, don't go to the agent, come to me directly.

There will be no more business for this particular agent in the future.

Yes, don't give business to this kind of agent. Market rate should be 0.5 month each from owner and tenant. For the next contract, if you are renewing with the same tenant, you can actually draft your own contract, signed and ask your tenant to do stamping at IRAS. For you as owner, you only need to re-apply permit from HDB and submit a form to IRAS for income tax purpose. This is my experience. Correct me if I'm wrong.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sascha Soliano Served 12 years in the Singapore Armed Forces, 10 of which was with HQ Commando Special Operations Force, now currently known as SOTF. He served in SOF where he specialized in Maritime Seal Type Operations...He was the first batch of operators to be trained directly under Eyal Yanilov and his team from Israel ... ultimately bagging the best trainee award (Military) for his performance and in depth understanding of Krav Maga. Sascha is currently the Chief Instructor & Director of Krav Maga Singapore under Krav Maga Global & has been teaching Krav Maga for the past 5 years coming since he left the service in March of 2006.
He currently still trains the Singapore Special Forces and specialized Law Enforcement Departments in the Methods of Krav Maga under Krav Maga Global, the Advancing Source for all Krav Maga.
Sascha says he asks his students what they would do if a mugger asked for their wallet. Some of them insist they would “take him down”, he says. But why put yourself in danger when the only thing he wants is your wallet, he questions. When I suggested that krav maga would be useful in situations such as walking down an empty street at night, he shot back: “Why are you walking alone at night?”
https://www.facebook.com/notes/krav-maga-singapore/mind-your-body-straits-times/423358327046

BRILLIANT Inception. Thank you - useful to all. But must be in touch with SS for some personal instruction: how a 61 year old weaponless woman with thin wrists should think and act in most situations when facing imminent robbery.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sascha Soliano Served 12 years in the Singapore Armed Forces, 10 of which was with HQ Commando Special Operations Force, now currently known as SOTF. He served in SOF where he specialized in Maritime Seal Type Operations.

During his tour in Special Forces, Sascha was sent for different courses to facilitate the requirements of his job scope, One of the many skillsets he picked up along the way was Krav Maga, he was the first batch of operators to be trained directly under Eyal Yanilov and his team from Israel and excelled very quickly in it due to his passion for Martial Arts, ultimately bagging the best trainee award (Military) for his performance and in depth understanding of Krav Maga.

Sascha is currently the Chief Instructor & Director of Krav Maga Singapore under Krav Maga Global & has been teaching Krav Maga for the past 5 years coming since he left the service in March of 2006.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/07jnqD8wvyE?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/07jnqD8wvyE?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Martial art experts know there is always uncertainty in a fight, hence avoid fighting unless you are cornered. However, when the robber ordered the couple to get into the car, the risk became higher, you won't know whether he just want to rob on the spot and then escape, or he would threaten to drive to somewhere else where anything more than robbing could happen. It is safer to fight back to limit the risk. Only one thing is sure, a fight would draw the attention of the coffeeshop crowd and the robber would want to escape fast.
Mallow responded correctly.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
More and more crime happening these days unfortunately.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Singapore.html

Jul 1, 2011
Man who robbed elderly nabbed near Bedok MRT
By Danson Cheong

More than 60 police officers staked out to catch a man who robs the elderly.

Accordingly to The Straits Times online, police officers staked out at MRT stations and pawnshops all over the island for three days to catch a man who robs elderly women.

53-year-old Lim Choon Gui was finally arrested near Bedok MRT station.

The man had allegedly robbed more than ten elderly women between their 60s to 80s. He would attack his victims in lifts by pushing them and snatching the gold chains they were wearing. He would then make a run for it and try to sell the loot at nearby pawnshops.

The robberies took place between 24 May to 25 June this year in housing estates including Bedok, Tampines, Ang Mo Kio, Hougang and Toa Payoh.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good to know that both you and wifey are fine. It's pretty scary hearing about this. I'm not sure if I would have fought the guy off since I'm pretty small size, only 165cm @ 60kg; unless the guy is the same built as me. Good thing you prepared yourself mentally to react. And I know how it feels to be rob since I was rob at knife point 18 years ago while walking in my hometown streets... Take care...

I think i will give the fella my rugby tackle (i played rugby)and he wont know what hits him with my 100+kg frame hitting his lower half -- momentary paralysis? :smile:

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Free key-rings
Just received this - may be real or another net scare with no basis of truth ... anyway, better to know than not.

"There is a syndicate of criminals presenting themselves as sales promoters who are giving free key-rings holders at gas stations or parking lots.

The key ring has a tracking device chip which allows them to follow you. Please don't accept them. They select their seemingly well-to-do potential victims and if you accept, then you will be in for their tricks.

The key holders are very beautiful hard to resist accepting, but remember you may end up paying more than the key holder, including the risk to your life."

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Free key-rings
Just received this - may be real or another net scare with no basis of truth ... anyway, better to know than not.

"There is a syndicate of criminals presenting themselves as sales promoters who are giving free key-rings holders at gas stations or parking lots.

The key ring has a tracking device chip which allows them to follow you. Please don't accept them. They select their seemingly well-to-do potential victims and if you accept, then you will be in for their tricks.

The key holders are very beautiful hard to resist accepting, but remember you may end up paying more than the key holder, including the risk to your life."

Thanks for the heads up mallow, i will do what my friends always do when they receive weird things, trash it or dunk it in a drink that they are throwing away. At least the electronics will be toast...

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Free key-rings

The key holders are very beautiful hard to resist accepting, but remember you may end up paying more than the
key holder, including the risk to your life."

Mallow wah really ah soo advanced ah these sound like stuffs for spy and cost a lot rite?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Free key-rings

Thanks for the tips... always good to know more

Status
Not open for further replies.