• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yap, hangyong. Will use it to pay up the HDB loans. Then proceed with the JB house loan. Thats the plan. :biggrin:

Hi Cathy, should you settle the one with the higher interest rate first? Of course use the rent to pay the hdb instalment and any balance should go towards settling the MY bank loan because it has higher interest rates... what do u think?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Almost Robbed in JB

I think i will give the fella my rugby tackle (i played rugby)and he wont know what hits him with my 100+kg frame hitting his lower half -- momentary paralysis? :smile:

Heheh... definite advantage to being larger size... yah, that time small boy... just gave the money and the guy ran off....

Cathy, since you just recently rented out your hdb, you might want to pursue this case of the rotten agent and get back your money... up to you

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid 1 month while my tenant paid another half month to my agent.

No choice, the agent pester and pester me to sign the contract, then pester and pester and pester me constantly to pay up, even resort to vulgar words. Then didn't even advise on the permit part. I had to run all the permit applications myself. Very bad service. As I find that the tenant is also a good decent one, I just let it go. No point dragging on...Hopefully all is well ends well. Must concentrate on my current house now. Dont have time to keep dealing with him.

I know that local agent keep track of tenant's contract endings and come back to make a 2nd round, 3rd of contract and earn commission again and again. So I told the tenant that if he wants to renew the contract, don't go to the agent, come to me directly.

There will be no more business for this particular agent in the future.

You mean the agent pester you to pay up commission before handover of the apartment to tenant? Are you renting out fully furnished, the agent should help you to prepare an inventory list.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin:
$2.5K monthly for a 5 room flat plus $500 yearly aircon maintenance contract. Commission 1 month for 1 year contract. Tenant from India working in a bank. Rather high post. Travels to KL 2 days a week.

Hmm Indian FT with high post, must charge high high :biggrin: Make all these foreigners who come here to take locals' jobs pay for it!

BTW saw in today's Straits times that the median monthly rent for 5 room in first quarter this year is $2300 for Tampines.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$2.5K for a 5 room HDB flat seems on the low side. Just renewed rental with our tenant for our 3-room HDB flat in Tampines for S$2,200 for 2 years. Some 3-room flats asking for S$2.5K in Q'town and Tanglin Halt. 5-room going for S$3K and above, depending on location.

Wow $2200 for 3 room in Tampines! The median is $1750 in today's Straits times. Can share how you managed to rent out at higher end? Is your apartment 1 minute to Mrt? Very nicely furnished? :biggrin:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I went to HH this afternoon.. Can I check with the bros here am I expected to ask for discount or the price is fixed?
If I can expected to ask for discount, what kind of discount am is reasonable to ask?

Rgds

citizen2116

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anybody tried to renew their Sgporea passport? The new form requires u to declare that u are nt holding another citizenship. What is the penalty if you are found lying in the form?

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya its spore side and not the jb side cause the causeway is clear. Cld it be due t
o the train station at woodlands now?

took me one hour to reach spore customs @1130pm. Malaysia side ok . . . Worst I have experienced so far. Jam from exit to woodlands ave 3. . .

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy, should you settle the one with the higher interest rate first? Of course use the rent to pay the hdb instalment and any balance should go towards settling the MY bank loan because it has higher interest rates... what do u think?

not just that, you have to take into consideration price movements between both currencies.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

not just that, you have to take into consideration price movements between both currencies. SGD is generally appreciating against RM in the longer term, while the difference in a year may not be as much as the difference in interests incurred. Also have to see if both accounts are structured the same. In the beginning, you may be paying more interests than principal amount, that i mean is after the progressive payment period.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
took me one hour to reach spore customs @1130pm. Malaysia side ok . . . Worst I have experienced so far. Jam from exit to woodlands ave 3. . .

The thing is when SG custom created a big jam ( most of the time ) , nobody complaint . They say for our own safety, it is good !
When MY custom created a big jam once in a while , ppl make a hell lots of noise !

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
start reading this thread for 3 weeks or more & finally took the plunge & booked a unit at The Hills, love the scenery there although not much is there at the hills precinct area, was told it will be ready by Mar 2013 or until May maybe...

viewed quite a few like EL, NI, Sertia Eco Gardens, Nusa Duta & some others, but in the end still prefer HH......

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Anyone knows which bank offers the best rate for new housing loans now?
BLR - 2.4 ?

Thanks.

actually most banks offer BLR-2.4%

And most of them offers the full flexi plan as well.

I chose Alliance in the end coz the Islamic Package gave me 0.05% interest on the excess I pay into the linked account.

Status
Not open for further replies.