• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lease agreement not a big problem, the uncle says just forfeit the one month deposit and thats it.. Utilities deposit he will return.. He is offering me a room in the hotel beside but I heard got vice and drugs...

OK, that makes things a lot easier to proceed. I hope you find something to your satisfaction.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, that makes things a lot easier to proceed. I hope you find something to your satisfaction.

Some people we just cant fight with them... Quite sad that in a foreign country, its a singaporean making my life difficult... In fact, the locals are all quite kind and helpful...

The malay auntie went to talk to the security chief for me also no point.. That malay man not worried one.. He knows just bang and bang louder and louder somemore and eventually that guy next door will move out and they will be fine.. Owner won't do anything to them also.. Not his problem... So this kind of people, how to do anything but leave? I am not combative person.. Let them win lar, what to do.. This block only got them whole family stay here with 2 kids, so what to do?

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people we just cant fight with them... Quite sad that in a foreign country, its a singaporean making my life difficult... In fact, the locals are all quite kind and helpful...

The malay auntie went to talk to the security chief for me also no point.. That malay man not worried one.. He knows just bang and bang louder and louder somemore and eventually that guy next door will move out and they will be fine.. Owner won't do anything to them also.. Not his problem... So this kind of people, how to do anything but leave? I am not combative person.. Let them win lar, what to do.. This block only got them whole family stay here with 2 kids, so what to do?

Do you have a lease agreement? If yes, I presumed it's legal. Does it have a clause in it where it states you, the tenant are to have quite enjoyment of the leased property? If so, you have made it known to your landlord that the neighbour next door is being in an unreasonable manner and is disrupting your quite enjoyment of your lease. If yes and has the land lord made any attempt to speak to the neighbour to inform him of his diruptive behaviour. If the landlord has not been able to resolved the matter for you, then HE should NOT forfeit your deposit. He HAS BROKEN the lease agreement by not providing you with a place to quitely enjoy yourself!! Read your agreement and give it a try with resolve. OK!!!

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went into JB on Tuesday morning till 1130am. Found that the Jusco Bukit Indah leaing to the highway had strong police presence and road blocks. which appeared very normal as road blocks are very normal here.. Later on I found that even the Perling side just before the toll leading to the highway had stronger police presence and road block, which is the FIRST Time I have seen since my foray into JB 7-9 years ago. Some serious crimes must have occurred I told myself, as the jam at the road block at Perling took me a good 5 minutes. The police were obviously looking for some people.

Trust me their presence has nothing to do with increase of criminal activities. If you know about the 9 Jul rally in K.L, you'll understand why.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a slightly separate topic.

This one is for the folks who live out in Leisure Farm. I am getting confused with the following and hope someone can advise/confirm.

1. Which of the precincts there where you are not allowed to keep dogs? Those strata freehold type like BWV and Garden Court? or is there a couple more? I want to try to narrow my search within Leisure Farm hopefully

2. Is Pinggiraran Bayou another name for Bayou Water Village? Or are they 2 different developments there?

3. Within BWV, are there only terrace houses? Those online ads keeps talking cluster houses, semi-D and even bungalows within BWV.

Thanks.

I try my best! LeMan bro taking your cue =)

1. All strata titled in LF you have to sign the agreement have 'no-dog' clause does not apply to 'buy-land precincts' and the most recent bayou creek project.
2. There are 3 'phases' of strata-titled developments - 1st was garden court, 2nd Pinggiraran Bayou and 3rd and most recent BWV. All completed. They are however completely separate projects with independent resident committees taking care of individual phases (its a bit more complicated but let's simplify for now).
3. In BWV there are bungalows, semi-D and terraces. All bungalows and semi-Ds are fully sold. You can only purchase them sub-sale which is what you see in online ads. Most of the terraces are also sold as well there are about 6-7 units left but these are fully furnished and marked up in price to sell from the developers hands.

rhino

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad you and your wife are ok. You are brave siah! It is scary to see more of such outright robbery in nusajaya. Can't imagine what things will become in few years down the road!

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Almost Robbed in JB

Haha after 2.5 years here... i can confirm it is safe if you follow all the safety rules and stay alert... but the moment you flout any of the safety rules you face a very high risk. In my case, a year back we forgot and left a bag at the backseat and got our back window smashed. This time they actually plan this robbery, so i might have made them think i have money... My old car which i used for a year while staying in JB was a soft-top but it never attracted any attention.

Appalled by the incident and applaud your courage and stubborn spirit! Very sorry you both had to endure such a bad experience.

Much as we would like to live "freely" i.e. to dress, drive and do as we please all the time, it is unwise in Johor [and not smart in Singapore either].

I cannot find anyone or any site that gives the final word on how best to react in a situation like this one: fight and risk serious injury, or give in and take the risk of gratuitous violence anyway. And you were constrained by consideration for your wife's safety. It is also probable that every situation is different, so a definitive answer may not be possible.

Vigilance without paranoia; nothing to give the impression that there is anything worth stealing; no handbag, attractive box or parcel visible and definitely not on your lap; park in an area with people and close to the destination - preferably with your vehicle in sight, front and back; Look Alert - casual and relaxed makes an easier target; get in and out quickly enough and lock the doors immediately using the alarm [no excuses that the alarm is not working]. There are many other suggestions eg which weapon to have handy and a really loud alarm to set off.

So right about rehearsing what you will do in case of a confrontation or attack. I seriously mean you should practise what your series of actions would be. Include your wife in all this - she sounds like a properly garang person.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad you and your wife are ok. You are brave siah! It is scary to see more of such outright robbery in nusajaya. Can't imagine what things will become in few years down the road!

Rhino,
Thanks, i guess with the economic boom Nusajaya is experiencing comes along crime - due to presence of more "well off people" in the eyes of the robbers. For example if you drive a branded marque they will think you live in horizon hills, really. Sadly this is a journey many will have to go through. To us it is pretty obvious the police need to do a lot more. To the police life goes on as usual, they do their usual investigations, road blocks, etc. Alarm bells don't seem to be ringing yet, but i believe it will ring soon... latest 2012 :smile:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

... Vigilance without paranoia... rehearsing what you will do in case of a confrontation or attack. I seriously mean you should practise what your series of actions would be. Include your wife in all this - she sounds like a properly garang person.

Mallow,

Thanks for your kind words. It is indeed good to rehearse in the mind at least... like the fire drill they do in the office. Normally people are caught unexpectedly hence not knowing how to react. All along my attention was focussed on the safety of the car, but now it seems they are capable of attacking the passenger as well and that to me is a different level of crime.

I had to complete my paperwork at the Nusajaya Police HQ along Nusa Bestari earlier on and the Inspector told me there were 2 cases at the same place last month. In one of the cases the robber attacked the driver with a metal rod repeatedly the moment driver got out of his car.

So my advise to forummers is: parking your car and getting out is a vulnerable moment because your attention is focussed on parking your car. Hence look carefully before you unlock or get out of your car.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

OK people... finally CRIME has landed on me in JB.

This is at Pearl Restaurant, ie a coffee shop opposite the Petronas kiosk where you can wait for bus CW3. I took my usual routine of going there for dinner about 10+ pm earlier last night. As i got down my car after parking, there was a bespectacled man in 30s beside my car... looked like a typical family man. I thought he was waiting for his family to get into his car beside mine. Instead, he spoke to me in Chinese "robbery"... i still din't get it... he repeated "robbery, get back into your car"... then only i noticed he was holding something which looked like a pistol.

I finally came to my senses this guy was trying to rob me... i was not sure if the pistol was real as i did not serve NS... but my impulse told me to counter-attack. I was shouting like a madman fighting for his life as i struggled with him and we both fell onto the road. During the struggle he fired a shot... i heard only small sound with some smoke coming out. So it was a fake gun. Within the split second his accomplice has taken my wife's wallet and came to join him. By then the people from the coffee shop realised this does not look like an ordinary fight and came forward but the two has fled.

Only my wife's pouch was taken with some RM100 bucks within, no other damage, except a few bruises on my mouth, elbow, toes.

Looks like my car has attracted some attention and someone has observed our routine. Fortunately they were amateurs with fake guns, otherwise things could have been worse.

So people... be watchful when you are out and about. Imagine this happened near a coffee shop with so many people around.

Good to know that both you and wifey are fine. It's pretty scary hearing about this. I'm not sure if I would have fought the guy off since I'm pretty small size, only 165cm @ 60kg; unless the guy is the same built as me. Good thing you prepared yourself mentally to react. And I know how it feels to be rob since I was rob at knife point 18 years ago while walking in my hometown streets... Take care...

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rhino,
Thanks, i guess with the economic boom Nusajaya is experiencing comes along crime - due to presence of more "well off people" in the eyes of the robbers. For example if you drive a branded marque they will think you live in horizon hills, really. Sadly this is a journey many will have to go through. To us it is pretty obvious the police need to do a lot more. To the police life goes on as usual, they do their usual investigations, road blocks, etc. Alarm bells don't seem to be ringing yet, but i believe it will ring soon... latest 2012 :smile:

Sorry to hear this but glad you and wife are ok.
Certainly very disconcerting to hear such news and sometimes you wonder if its worth all the extra risks.
Surely will switch on my extra "alert" mode next time in JB.., sigh!

Take care, cheers!

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

My wife and I are getting into a habit of locking our car doors when driving in SG so that when we finally move to Nusajaya, we will do it automatically. Last time in my old car, I had an alarm system that autolock the car doors when you press the brake pedal and will auto-unlock when the car is turned off. Our current SG car doesn't have this feature because it's "safe" in SG. Need to look into installing something similar for our safety. And now that you mentioned about the guy being hit when getting out from the car, that's another habit we need to cultivate to look around before exiting/entering the car.

On the 9th July rally, I believe all Msian police have been instructed to arrest anyone wearing yellow with Bersih (Clean) words as it is now considered "illegal". We, Malaysians are demanding a fair and transparent election and 9th July will be the rally to walk to the Agung's Palace to handover the memorandum. The MY Gov is doing all in their power to stop the rally; which is why they are checking all cars, etc. As we approach 9th July, a word of advice not to wear yellow in MY if you do not want to be mistaken as supporting the rally. The organizers are requesting all the supporters to reach KL a day or 2 earlier, so I believe the police will step up their roadblocks to stop the rally.

Side note: Converted SGD to RM at Bedok Interchange at 2.4465 today; long queue of 8 ppl...

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi,

am currently staying in a rented place in Permas Jaya.
just asking where in JB can i take good executive potrait photographs?
also any good language schools where i can learn Bahasa?

thanks!

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I try my best! LeMan bro taking your cue =)

1. All strata titled in LF you have to sign the agreement have 'no-dog' clause does not apply to 'buy-land precincts' and the most recent bayou creek project.
2. There are 3 'phases' of strata-titled developments - 1st was garden court, 2nd Pinggiraran Bayou and 3rd and most recent BWV. All completed. They are however completely separate projects with independent resident committees taking care of individual phases (its a bit more complicated but let's simplify for now).
3. In BWV there are bungalows, semi-D and terraces. All bungalows and semi-Ds are fully sold. You can only purchase them sub-sale which is what you see in online ads. Most of the terraces are also sold as well there are about 6-7 units left but these are fully furnished and marked up in price to sell from the developers hands.

Thanks for your clarification. So to summarise, strata freehold (Garden Court, Pinggiraran Bayou, BWV and Bayou Creek) no dogs. Bummer. Can I PM you separately to consult you on some other specifics about LF?

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm, traditionally the political rallies will take place in KL. Never heard of any serious march or rallies in JB. This time round maybe they are playing it safe?

newspaper reported police detained rally supporters in johor and other states. political rallies in KL have paticipants coming from various party branch offices on the country

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy, how come u paid 1 month for a 1 year contract? As I know, it should be 1/2 month for a 1 year contract, both landlord and tenant pays 1/2 month commission in SG. So, the agent gets 1 month commission.

I paid 1 month while my tenant paid another half month to my agent.

No choice, the agent pester and pester me to sign the contract, then pester and pester and pester me constantly to pay up, even resort to vulgar words. Then didn't even advise on the permit part. I had to run all the permit applications myself. Very bad service. As I find that the tenant is also a good decent one, I just let it go. No point dragging on...Hopefully all is well ends well. Must concentrate on my current house now. Dont have time to keep dealing with him.

I know that local agent keep track of tenant's contract endings and come back to make a 2nd round, 3rd of contract and earn commission again and again. So I told the tenant that if he wants to renew the contract, don't go to the agent, come to me directly.

There will be no more business for this particular agent in the future.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats on renting out! Can share what is the rental amount and where the tenant from? Err commission should be half month for one year or one month for two years, pretty standard rate leh, how come your commission so high?

$2.5K monthly for a 5 room flat plus $500 yearly aircon maintenance contract. Commission 1 month for 1 year contract. Tenant from India working in a bank. Rather high post. Travels to KL 2 days a week.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
$2.5K monthly for a 5 room flat plus $500 yearly aircon maintenance contract. Commission 1 month for 1 year contract. Tenant from India working in a bank. Rather high post. Travels to KL 2 days a week.

fwah! $2.5k per month?? enough to pay monthly installment of a RM1million unit over 20 years tenure.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your clarification. So to summarise, strata freehold (Garden Court, Pinggiraran Bayou, BWV and Bayou Creek) no dogs. Bummer. Can I PM you separately to consult you on some other specifics about LF?

sure do! =)
bayou creek is ok as its not strata-titled.
'small pets' are ok so long as kept within the house am contemplating cats in the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.